Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:02:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Toilet paper hoarding  (Read 1430 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 02:37:20 AM

I'm simply trying to buy my normal usage amount before all the zombies get it all.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
desertfox470

Activity: 542
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2020, 12:29:15 AM

Most people in North America shower daily; in fact we have a maxim - shit, shower, shave - but we may not always be that regular.  Unfortunately our places of employment/public restrooms don't generally offer showering facilities, bidets or other fancy butt-crack cleaning services so whatareyagonnado?  Going home after a dump for a quick shower isn't an option and would probably get you fired in short order.  Toilet paper is all we gots in most cases. 

But most people are hoarding toilet paper because they believe they will be stuck at home for an extended period of time. I would hope that the employers that still need their employers to come to work would at least have an ample stock of toilet paper. I never thought that I would be put in a position to bring my own toilet paper if required to come into work. I suppose it is possible, though.
I will offer this point of view. I think people go to the store, then see that everything is basically sold out if not already then try to buy what is there so that they will have enough. It's not necessarily because they are trying to hold or resell, but rather they don't want to run out and see the shortage that others have caused. This creates a problem for the next people in line that they have no toilet paper.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2020, 03:29:06 AM

Boy, I didn't realize that toilet paper is such a coveted item. Tried to order some this weekend with my grocery store delivery, no dice. Waited to get some today, store shelf empty. Called one store, nope. Called another store, got lucky. However, I only bought one package of 12. The clerk asked me if I wanted more. I hope that I didn't make a crucial error. Although, I am sure cloth rags and frequent showers will work. Or is running water going to be in short supply soon, too? How long, exactly, are people expecting to be holed up? We only have like 33 presumptive cases in the state that I am in at the moment, and I live in a rather large state.(area wise)

There will be about 10K cases in the US in a week or so. 100K in a month, 1M in 3 months, unless the US government steps in and shows some backbone, close the borders, suspend schools, people gatherings, airports, public transportation and pour money into the development of coronavirus vaccines.

I would buy a year's supply if I were you.  You live close to water sources or have a hand pump, don't you?

This thing has an R0 > 4, my projections were conservative.  Looks like we'll get to 100K in a week. 

Maybe they will do a global military-style lockdown to stop this.  If not, in 3 months, we'll have millions infected, in the US alone.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 24, 2020, 03:50:14 AM

Maybe they will do a global military-style lockdown to stop this.  If not, in 3 months, we'll have millions infected, in the US alone.

Probably there already are millions infected (or formerly infected and recovered) in the U.S. alone.

That's the most rational explaination for the need to get a very specific type of test kit developed for the U.S., and for giving cease and desist orders to anyone trying to test in different ways.  Also for all 'science' to be run through Mike Pence's office before it is allowed to be published.

The number of celebrities, basket ball players, etc that have been 'confirmed' would lead a thinking person to conclude that SARS-cov-2 is pretty widespread just by ratios alone.  Of course one does need, in order to be rigorous, to consider that 'jet setters' probably do have more exposure than average.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2020, 05:42:30 PM

Probably there already are millions infected (or formerly infected and recovered) in the U.S. alone.

That's the most rational explaination for the need to get a very specific type of test kit developed for the U.S., and for giving cease and desist orders to anyone trying to test in different ways.  Also for all 'science' to be run through Mike Pence's office before it is allowed to be published.

The number of celebrities, basket ball players, etc that have been 'confirmed' would lead a thinking person to conclude that SARS-cov-2 is pretty widespread just by ratios alone.  Of course one does need, in order to be rigorous, to consider that 'jet setters' probably do have more exposure than average.

Probably half the world is infected, already. Many people have gotten over it without having much of a sick response to it. It's been going on for a long time.

I heard a rumor that a hospital in a small town had 4 cases, two of them severe. Many people in that town knew, but the officials all denied it. It's plainly being hidden by the officials for whatever reason.

One of my big questions is, How many other things are being hidden?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 12:56:24 PM

What people need to do is learn how to use the least amount of toilet paper as possible. It's not that hard. Like if I need to wipe my mouth, I take about two inches of paper towel and it works great.

I think that grocery's shops and super markets should pose a maximum amount of toilet papers that an individual can purchase.
It is a matter of helping all families around the world having the necessary items in order to endure this pandemic situation. And we are egoists as people so we need a 3rd party to control this behaviors.

I don't think people behave this manner for egotism These are usually rumors Many spread this lie. therein case people attempt to hold on to the present until they catch on. There are numerous of them now in our country that there's no reason to be afraid.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 03:57:22 PM

poor people there is a way to live even cleaner without toilet paper and never having to spend money on it at all, but its emberassing to explain how, so people will continue suffering on toilet paper shortages.

AliceWood21

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 09:38:16 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

Boy, I didn't realize that toilet paper is such a coveted item. Tried to order some this weekend with my grocery store delivery, no dice. Waited to get some today, store shelf empty. Called one store, nope. Called another store, got lucky. However, I only bought one package of 12. The clerk asked me if I wanted more. I hope that I didn't make a crucial error. Although, I am sure cloth rags and frequent showers will work. Or is running water going to be in short supply soon, too? How long, exactly, are people expecting to be holed up? We only have like 33 presumptive cases in the state that I am in at the moment, and I live in a rather large state.(area wise)

only one solution, ditch the toilet paper and start using your regular pail!  Wink
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1998

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 04:43:23 AM

Russian stores have toilet paper, but demand for it has increased.

At the moment people buy buckwheat, pasta, flour, sugar, sunflower oil and toilet paper the most.

I can understand elderly people who buy long stored food, but I don't see much point in increasing demand for toilet paper.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Jack_uk
Copper Member

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 10:27:24 AM

It’s become a little ridiculous, but over here in the UK stores have placed a limit on how many of the same item can be purchased at once which has limited the hoarding.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 11:01:41 AM

In the past the big question was, "How am I going to make my $million?"

Now the additional question is, "And where am I going to find any toilet paper to buy?"

Cool

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 01:41:46 PM

It’s become a little ridiculous, but over here in the UK stores have placed a limit on how many of the same item can be purchased at once which has limited the hoarding.

then you just have to buy as a single person multiple times in multiple shops to hamster toilet paper. or everyone in your houshold does that.

people that want to hamster cant be stopped hamstering, except with total surveilance state

Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 03:13:47 PM

Now the additional question is, "And where am I going to find any toilet paper to buy?"

Cool

You are experiencing what my country did about 5~7 years ago, of course it was laughed off by foreigners. See who is laughing now.

Get that soap while you still can... Saving water isn't a bad idea if you think there will be shortages (we have). Maybe buy and install a few tanks if you don't have.

Fact: Humanity only started using toilet paper around 1920, exactly a century ago, when Americans introduced it as "medicated paper" or such.

The history of the toilet (Water closet?) is also interesting, its on youtube. Very british.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 05:13:40 PM

Cool

You are experiencing what my country did about 5~7 years ago, of course it was laughed off by foreigners. See who is laughing now.

Get that soap while you still can... Saving water isn't a bad idea if you think there will be shortages (we have). Maybe buy and install a few tanks if you don't have.

Fact: Humanity only started using toilet paper around 1920, exactly a century ago, when Americans introduced it as "medicated paper" or such.

The history of the toilet (Water closet?) is also interesting, its on youtube. Very british.

people used old newspapers before that, and before that they used cloth (also wet) or plants

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 05:15:08 PM

only one solution, ditch the toilet paper and start using your regular pail!  Wink

shower hose or bidet

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 06:24:06 PM

Still gotta wipe.     Cool

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 06:58:00 PM

well muslim tradition is to wipe their ass with their left hand and eat with their right hand, thiefs in muslim world are therefore double punishes as they have to eat and wipe their ass with the same left hand then.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 07:05:42 PM

well muslim tradition is to wipe their ass with their left hand and eat with their right hand, thiefs in muslim world are therefore double punishes as they have to eat and wipe their ass with the same left hand then.

So, this whole thread is useless. After all, we wash our hands after wiping, whether or not we use TP. Or don't you wash after wiping without TP?

Cool

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 07:09:58 PM

Still gotta wipe.     Cool

So, this whole thread is useless. After all, we wash our hands after wiping, whether or not we use TP. Or don't you wash after wiping without TP?

Cool

no one in the west wipes with the hands, there are bidets, or shower hoes/pipes. using your hand would be degrading.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 07:13:38 PM

no one in the west wipes with the hands, there are bidets, or shower hoes/pipes. using your hand would be degrading.

In the west of what? Usually the West means the USA or Western Europe.

Actually, using the hand is what God wants. After all, He GAVE you your hands for free. If you don't use them, you are dishonoring God.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: