Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:00:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Toilet paper hoarding  (Read 1437 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 11:52:28 PM

Yep. Pretty much it's your fault. But if you had not heard of God, it might not be your fault except a little.

The prodigal son returned to his father. Did you return to God?

The joy of the prodigal is in his father's home. Are you calling from Heaven?

Yes, it would be a shame for an agnostic, etc. That's why we all need to remain alert... so that we can show them the error of their ways.

What does it matter to me if you jokers believe in God and are saved or not? I mean, Jesus saved me, and because He asks, I express. But why would I personally care about you? Oh, sure, love. But here's my selfish reason. Eternity is a long, long time. And I need all of you that I can get to be there with us just to keep us from becoming bored (of course, that's the negative way to look at it; but we are still on Earth where negative things exist.).

Cool

You are worried about being bored in Heaven?  Cheesy  Furthermore, bad things happen to good people. There are lots of Christian martyrs that met horrible deaths. Also, I am sure there are many devout Christians in the world today that are simply having to go without toilet paper. Furthermore, I am sure there are quite a few devout Christians who have succumbed to Covid-19, and even though they were devout for 80+ years, they still had to endure a good deal of suffering before getting to rest in peace.
I advise that you stop blaming people for experiencing hardship for circumstances beyond their control and insinuating that somehow your God is punishing them. Life is hard, and most of us suffer to some extent. This includes, your savior, Jesus.

Who is blaming people for hardship? It's the fault of people if they won't believe Jesus salvation... except if they have no way of hearing.

Eternity is a long time. Think about it.

Coronavirus deaths might speed up death a little. The point isn't the death. The point is the security of the dying... that they remain securely embedded in their faith. Consoling them helps, and that is what Jesus does, directly with them as they die.

God doesn't punish people by going out and punishing them. The closest God comes to punishing people is to take His protective hand off them as they push it off themselves.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bones261 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 12:21:35 AM

Who is blaming people for hardship? It's the fault of people if they won't believe Jesus salvation... except if they have no way of hearing.

Coronavirus deaths might speed up death a little. The point isn't the death. The point is the security of the dying... that they remain securely embedded in their faith. Consoling them helps, and that is what Jesus does, directly with them as they die.

God doesn't punish people by going out and punishing them. The closest God comes to punishing people is to take His protective hand off them as they push it off themselves.

Cool
Now you are contradicting yourself. You just confirmed that you think it is my fault if I run out of toilet paper or end up dying of COVID-19 just because I am agnostic. Nonsense. Furthermore, please explain why God the Father took his protective hand off of God the Son, even when God the Son begged him in the garden of Gethsemane not to do so? Also, it appears that the flood story and the story of Sodom and Gomorrah directly contradicts your view that YHVH does not punish people. Lot's wife was even punished for looking back. Also, I don't consider Lot fared any better. Living in a cave for the rest of his life and then his desperate daughters engaging in incest with him after getting him drunk doesn't seem like a good life, even when it seemed YHVH agreed with Abraham that Lot was one of the righteous ones, and sent two angels to "rescue" him.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 12:44:44 AM

Cool
Now you are contradicting yourself. You just confirmed that you think it is my fault if I run out of toilet paper or end up dying of COVID-19 just because I am agnostic. Nonsense.
Jesus tells us that we can move mountains and treas (with our speaking to them) if we have faith. You certainly aren't gaining any faith if you remain agnostic. Your fault.

Furthermore, please explain why God the Father took his protective hand off of God the Son, even when God the Son begged him in the garden of Gethsemane not to do so?
God sent His Son to this point in torment. Why? To pay for your sins. Remember that after Jesus died, Father raised Him to life again... a glorified life. Why do you resist salvation? You attempt to make the work Jesus did for you to be wasted.

Also, it appears that the flood story and the story of Sodom and Gomorrah directly contradicts your view that YHVH does not punish people. Lot's wife was even punished for looking back.
Nowhere does it say that God turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt. She was instructed to not look back. She looked back. If she was punished, it was her own doing by looking back.

Also, I don't consider Lot fared any better. Living in a cave for the rest of his life and then his desperate daughters engaging in incest with him after getting him drunk doesn't seem like a good life, even when it seemed YHVH agreed with Abraham that Lot was one of the righteous ones, and sent two angels to "rescue" him.

What are you even yammering about? Most of the people in the world don't live as good as people in the USA or Britain. And people in the USA and Britain generally live better than the best people of Sodom and Gomorrah.

The world has devolved so much because of sin, that people only live a hundred years if that. The best life here is nothing. The goal should be salvation. That's what the Father and the Son had in mind for you when Jesus died and arose. But you sound like you don't want much to do with it.

What else is God to do to save you? He did all He could do for you. If you reject it, it is your own fault. And it will be worse for you, because you seem to know all about these things. If you reject, it will be extra bad for you in eternity.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
bones261 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 01:03:31 AM

Furthermore, please explain why God the Father took his protective hand off of God the Son, even when God the Son begged him in the garden of Gethsemane not to do so?
God sent His Son to this point in torment. Why? To pay for your sins. Remember that after Jesus died, Father raised Him to life again... a glorified life. Why do you resist salvation? You attempt to make the work Jesus did for you to be wasted.

My spiritual journey ended when the Catholic priest told me after my confessional that "You cannot be gay, and a follower of Christ." Now, if I am to believe in the Roman Catholic version of apostolic succession, then that is like hearing it straight from God's mouth, since the sacraments are meant to be a physical manifestation of God's dispensation of grace. Also, I already tried the protestant route of saying that acceptance prayer multiple times. It appears to be of no avail since I am still gay. Therefore I must have not been adequately sincere or repentant enough, since it is clear that I am not exhibiting the proper "fruits" which would indicate that my faith isn't a "dead faith." I can only come to the conclusion that if YHVH, the Jahshua version, is true, perhaps Calvin had the correct notion and I am truly part of the damned, predestined since the dawn of time to go to hell. The only hope for this wretch is if somehow your God is really the great "I am" and somehow grants to me the required "grace" to assist me. Otherwise, your "Gospel" is not good news, but really bad news.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2020, 01:24:34 AM

You are worried about being bored in Heaven?

Objection. He's not going to heaven. Trolls have a dedicated department in hell and religious trolls are particularly welcome there mainly on the account of invoking God's name in vain.
bones261 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 01:55:52 AM

Gee whiz, I never realized that when I opened a thread to bitch about the lack of toilet paper that it would end up with me going on a tirade about the Christian religion. However, there is hope. I just got a call from my aunt, and it appears her household has acquired an ample supply of toilet paper. So if my stash runs out, I can drive about 80 miles and replenish my supply. Therefore, I can guarantee that I'll have a clean ass for a little while longer.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2020, 03:28:00 AM

Gee whiz, I never realized that when I opened a thread to bitch about the lack of toilet paper that it would end up with me going on a tirade about the Christian religion. However, there is hope. I just got a call from my aunt, and it appears her household has acquired an ample supply of toilet paper. So if my stash runs out, I can drive about 80 miles and replenish my supply. Therefore, I can guarantee that I'll have a clean ass for a little while longer.

And catch/spread the COVID-19 in the process... Not a smart move that.

Just learn to use water and soap like your ancestors did, if only to reduce paper use.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
bones261 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 04:12:50 AM

And catch/spread the COVID-19 in the process... Not a smart move that.

Just learn to use water and soap like your ancestors did, if only to reduce paper use.
I suppose that I could do that. However, I would eventually have to replenish the soap. Also, I would need to regularly clean my bathtub, which expends extra cleaning supplies if I want to maintain some semblance of having a sanitary bathroom. I really don't see how getting in my car, going to my aunt's place and picking up a new supply of toilet paper on her doorstep is somehow more dangerous than going to the grocery store and picking up the toilet paper. Furthermore, if I get it delivered to me, I could catch Covid from either the delivery driver or the person who picked out my product and left the virus on my package. Unfortunately, I live in an apartment, so I don't have the option of installing a bidet. Even if I did, that would involve me either making a trip to Home Depot, putting me at risk, or hiring a plumber, which puts me at risk.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 02:29:23 PM

My spiritual journey ended when the Catholic priest told me after my confessional that "You cannot be gay, and a follower of Christ." Now, if I am to believe in the Roman Catholic version of apostolic succession, then that is like hearing it straight from God's mouth, since the sacraments are meant to be a physical manifestation of God's dispensation of grace. Also, I already tried the protestant route of saying that acceptance prayer multiple times. It appears to be of no avail since I am still gay. Therefore I must have not been adequately sincere or repentant enough, since it is clear that I am not exhibiting the proper "fruits" which would indicate that my faith isn't a "dead faith." I can only come to the conclusion that if YHVH, the Jahshua version, is true, perhaps Calvin had the correct notion and I am truly part of the damned, predestined since the dawn of time to go to hell. The only hope for this wretch is if somehow your God is really the great "I am" and somehow grants to me the required "grace" to assist me. Otherwise, your "Gospel" is not good news, but really bad news.

Everybody sins. The point isn't the amount of sin. The point is the amount of faith in forgiveness.

That being said, a person who shoots himself in the foot, complains about it, and then after it's all healed, does it again, wasn't really complaining, was he? Why would a person who agrees with God continue in things that are against God?

It isn't having gay tendencies that is wrong. Rather, it is following them into gay activities that is wrong. There are many people who want wrong things in life, and are tempted to do or get them, but simply won't follow their desires, because they follow God instead.

The Catholic Church has a wrong version of apostolic succession. They base their Papacy on Jesus's famous passage, Matthew 16:18, "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it" - https://www.biblehub.com/matthew/16-18.htm. But they forget that a short time later - maybe that same day, even - "Jesus turned and said to Peter, 'Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns,' " Matthew 16:23 - https://www.biblehub.com/niv/matthew/16.htm.

The point is, if you turn to God, turn away from your sins as much as possible, Jesus will take you back and forgive you. He won't let you go easily, once you have been one of His saved people. Is now the time that you are going to return to Him (rhetorical)?

Cool

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 04:16:56 PM

Well that derailment escalated rather swiftly.
Whats the thread topic again?  Oh yeah.... toilet paper hoarding.
I thought I'd erroneously clicked on some random BADecker yapping godswill preaching garbage yet again.
Easily done I suppose, seeing how it seems to be splattered all over these boards....

On topic....
I just scored some tp and paper towels at local supermarket. Shelves stocked and thankfully no hoarding idiots spazzing out. Limit 3 rolls per customer.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 04:29:58 PM

I can mail you some from the EU. We have plenty.
If it ever runs out there's always paper towels and tissues and if that's ever gone we can start washing our butts like people in India and Pakistan. I don't believe we'll ever run out of water. There's also another silver lining. If you run out of food you won't even have to wipe your butt anymore. Somebody should tell that to those TP hoarders.

bones261 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 04:39:20 PM

I can mail you some from the EU. We have plenty.
If it ever runs out there's always paper towels and tissues and if that's ever gone we can start washing our butts like people in India and Pakistan. I don't believe we'll ever run out of water. There's also another silver lining. If you run out of food you won't even have to wipe your butt anymore. Somebody should tell that to those TP hoarders.
Unfortunately paper towels and tissue are hard to get in my area too. Also, those items should not be flushed down the toilet because they are not designed to disintegrate sufficiently, so you are asking for a bad clog. I guess you can treat those items like disposable diapers and simply throw them in the garbage. I'm not a parent though, so is that what people should do with disposable diapers? I always thought that was gross when I went to a gas station/rest area and saw those items lying in the trash. Furthermore, I read that COVID-19 may also be spread through the fecal/oral route, which makes discarding these things in the garbage even more disgusting.
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 04:44:10 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

...There's also another silver lining. If you run out of food you won't even have to wipe your butt anymore. Somebody should tell that to those TP hoarders.

Well if the hoarding idiots run out of food, they can always eat their toilet paper stash.
Add a little water to mush it down, salt, pepper....saute...mmmmm, yummy!

bones261 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 04:54:12 PM
Merited by tvplus006 (1)

...There's also another silver lining. If you run out of food you won't even have to wipe your butt anymore. Somebody should tell that to those TP hoarders.

Well if the hoarding idiots run out of food, they can always eat their toilet paper stash.
Add a little water to mush it down, salt, pepper....saute...mmmmm, yummy!
From what I can determine,  the same people that hoarded toilet paper probably filled their spare freezer with meat and other items and filled their pantries with canned goods and pasta. I doubt that they will be running out of food anytime soon.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 10:28:49 AM

A personal tip if you're having trouble sourcing toilet paper - try the smaller shops. I've noticed a pattern recently - at least in our part of the UK. The main 'big' supermarkets have no toilet roll, the smaller local supermarkets occasionally have some, and the tiny local corner shops (including petrol stations) often (but not always) have some.

Perhaps the hoarders descend on the bigger shops so they can panic-buy a wider range of produce? It's only small-scale local evidence I suppose, but worth trying these smaller shops if you're running low on essentials. Applies to the other 'hot' items these days, too, such as dry pasta.

As for online in the UK, Wilco had some last time I checked, although there's about a week to wait for delivery.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2020, 01:26:24 PM

Perhaps the hoarders descend on the bigger shops so they can panic-buy a wider range of produce? It's only small-scale local evidence I suppose, but worth trying these smaller shops if you're running low on essentials. Applies to the other 'hot' items these days, too, such as dry pasta.

It's also probably more expensive and/or available only in smaller packs and/or quantity-limited in those smaller shops.

OTOH brand names seem to matter more than anything. Tylenol disappeared long before store-brand acetaminophen despite being a lot more expensive.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 03:03:47 PM

Of course, hoarded TP won't last very long with the paper mills closing due to CV... or the cops and military not letting the people go to work. The hoard has its benefit. If people are smart, they will start training themselves to go without, and use their hoard to break themselves in comfortably... or save it for emergencies.

Stored TP lasts for a long time.

BTW, how do you know that your TP isn't infected, right from the factory?

Cool

sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 04:57:41 PM

Cool

Well I just knelt and prayed really hard to my imaginary friend...

"Pleeeeeease dear lord almighty father in heaven, make my hoarded toilet paper uninfected.    Amen "

Now I'm using the toilet paper and its fine. I guess those prayers must really work....

bones261 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 05:13:36 PM

The chances are small that the virus will remain viable by the time it makes it to your ass.  Furthermore, there is no evidence that the virus infect someone through the rectum. Also, one should wash their hands after doing their business, which further makes it unlikely to get infected this way.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 06:08:15 PM

A personal tip if you're having trouble sourcing toilet paper - try the smaller shops. I've noticed a pattern recently - at least in our part of the UK. The main 'big' supermarkets have no toilet roll, the smaller local supermarkets occasionally have some, and the tiny local corner shops (including petrol stations) often (but not always) have some.

As for online in the UK, Wilco had some last time I checked, although there's about a week to wait for delivery.

I believe that this problem with the toilet paper existed in the beginning of the coronavirus outbreak.
During the last two weeks i didn't see any problem sourcing toilet paper from markets ( even the big ones).
I am not living in the UK but I think that the same happens all around the world now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: