Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:08:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when price is dump??  (Read 2772 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 08:41:31 AM

just now a decline occurred in ethereum prices from the range of $ 200 to $ 180, and I am still waiting for this moment. however, I believe that every year there will be a potential high point for every crypto price. so, I will still wait for that moment, and determine whether I will sell it or keep holding it. sometimes it's very difficult to hold tokens when the price drops, so we need to hold on.
It's just a slight adjustment, and you don't need to worry about it. I believe that ETH price will recover very soon. I bought some ETH at $ 170 and am expecting it to go up this year, $ 500 is my goal for ETH by the end of 2020.

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 09:11:38 AM

We can define a "smart move" in so many ways. Those examples that were mentioned by op himself are also smart. The other definition of it is for the day traders. They sell before it dumps and wait until it finally show the latest dump price and that's when they start being greedy of buying at the bottom. The other description is if you are a holder then you have to cut your losses before it finally goes to the bottom. Choose your strategy wisely and try those strategies and see which is effective for you.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 09:15:09 AM

You really have to pay attention to your coins if you a short term trader. Always secure your investment to stable coin if the market is dumping. If you are long term trader always know where to cut your lost and invest in other projects..

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 09:33:24 AM

The basic solution in times as this for traders is to Hold their/your capital in fiat or stable coin then wait patiently, then you get into the trade after there has been few more rekts or tokens has reached the bottom.

What do you think? Is it a smart move at this time?
sounds easy but we don't know where the bottom price will be. we should only confirm the desired level of profit to buy the appropriate prices and hold. I have missed many good opportunities too many times because I thought of waiting for "bottom prices". Investment and business are both risky games, we need to know how to divide capital to invest and hold in the long term to have good results. or the strategy to buy BTC whenever bitcoin drops around 8-10% of the price, which is also a good strategy.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
Joyawan13

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

elysian.finance

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 09:44:16 AM

The basic solution in times as this for traders is to Hold their/your capital in fiat or stable coin then wait patiently, then you get into the trade after there has been few more rekts or tokens has reached the bottom.

market price movements can not be easily predicted, we will not know for sure what the basic price you mean to enter in trade, the price down may suddenly go back up high again, and even if we wait for the lowest price will never know, so entering in crypto trading must be quick to make decisions that we think is an opportunity to be able to act to buy or sell.

Smitty Werben Man Jensen

Activity: 1568
Merit: 100

COMBONetwork

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 10:54:30 AM

I also use steps like that, I waited for the price to come down to support and I bought it, see today, the price of Altcoin has increased and is trying to recover, i expect if bitcoin price is stable, altcoin will be pump

joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 11:17:28 AM

Now that Bitcoin halving is over many will expect price surge but it's better to split your Bitcoin and turn the half into stable coin or Fiat, I think there will be big price drop after few weeks, you can take the advantage of the market no matter what happened

FOPL

Activity: 113

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 12:49:05 PM

Hodl till you break even Smiley
Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 03:02:48 PM

Bear market is the best time to buy altcoins and Bitcoin, this is why its good to hold Fiat or stable coins and wait patiently, since I've been into crypto since 2017 bear markets happens more than bull market, you can't just keep holding, with Fiat you can take advantage of bear market

danielchris

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 04:20:10 PM

My opinion is clear that l hold my coins, For good earnings in future, l like to  wait for selling good time.
Wayrey2020

Activity: 198
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 10:08:47 AM

Hodl till you break even Smiley

This is a wrong advice lol, what do you mean hodl until you break even ?
Hodling blindly will bring more losses than profits and it betrays the true purpose of hodling.

Hodling should be of the purpose and intentions to take profits when the opportunity arises, don't mix it up with anything.
HunterUnchained

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 10:38:17 AM

This can only be possible if you truly know how to read trading charts. If that's the case, the best thing to do in this regard will be to convert all your holdings or the specific token or asset that you are certain will dump to a stable cryptocurrency like USDT, USDC, PAX etc. This way, you maintain the value of your asset and even get to rebuy more when the price must have dumped or dipped.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 11:22:53 AM

Honestly I won't lie to you, it's not easy to lose 80% of your fund and still be calm, you will surely be in panic mode, days back i buy a altcoin at 2.4$ hoping it will hit 3$ and I will withdraw my gains but the coin goes back to 1$, I was so mad and sad so I sold at 1$ but I do wait patiently and today I'm able to buy back at 0.12$, see? Even if this coin goes back to 0.50$ I will have more gains

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 11:30:32 AM

This can only be possible if you truly know how to read trading charts. If that's the case, the best thing to do in this regard will be to convert all your holdings or the specific token or asset that you are certain will dump to a stable cryptocurrency like USDT, USDC, PAX etc. This way, you maintain the value of your asset and even get to rebuy more when the price must have dumped or dipped.

I agree with you that converting the crypto into stable coins is a good way to prevent further losses in a downward trend but the issue with that like any other strategy is the question of when to do it right? Only yesterday I was faced with this exact same dilemma and it turned out that after I decided to convert to USD of course the market recovered so its always about timing because technically now I'm a loss since I'll have to buy in at the new higher market price. The timing of when to act is always a gamble  Angry

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
homhay

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 12:11:20 PM

When the crypto market declines, it is better to hold our assets patiently first, if necessary we exchange them in the form of money or a stable coin USDT because during the COVID-19 crisis the crypto market continued to decline.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Youtube
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 12:13:36 PM

There are two ways of solution when purchase price of tokens dump. First, You can buy more amount of same tokens and reduce average purchase cost. It can recover soon as purchase cost is deducted. This technique is fruitful and i have been using it for many years. Second, you can hold it for long time. Long time hold is another good way for recovery of loss.
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 12:31:47 PM

If the price of the coin that you are holding have stared to dump. I think if it has a potential to increase back it's price it is much better if you wait and have patience to increase back it's price to maintain your investment. But if you think it will take long for your coin to increase back it's price it is much better if you will convert it in a stable coin like USDT to secure your assets.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 12:49:18 PM

For traders, this is recommended and the best possible solution, for investors buy with confidence and with the money that you can allocate, bear market, or when people are dumping good coins are always the best time to accumulate and it will give you positive results if you are patient.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 01:49:33 PM

It depends on a coin, at first try to find why it dropped, if the team didn't scam the community. If not and you believe the coin in the long term then the best what you can do buy low and sell high.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2020, 02:05:12 PM

You need to be careful while dealing with the lesser known altcoins and tokens. Because with the medium-sized alts, you can expect several pump-and-dump cycles in a calendar year. But as I said, with the lesser known alts, this may happen only once in their short lifespan. So if you can't liquidate your holdings during the pump, then you may not get another chance at a latter point.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: