Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:26:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when price is dump??  (Read 2772 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 06:15:24 AM

The basic solution in times as this for traders is to Hold their/your capital in fiat or stable coin then wait patiently, then you get into the trade after there has been few more rekts or tokens has reached the bottom.

What do you think? Is it a smart move at this time?
As my experience, this question will be an entry in my first advice. If you don't invest in a huge bullrun then you don't need to worry about the price drop. Every coin has some demand in cryptocurrency, we need to wait until the fill this demand. We don't what will be the last correction price but wait for the exchange listed or volume on exchange.
My advice is to hold those coins that you have! Don't be panic and sell in lost otherwise you'll be regret afterward! Consider this market right now, there's nothing to be afraid of, keep holding! I believe that the bullish season will come up soon enough! However, if things aren't in the right track, then you'll need to cut loss immediately to avoid being burned out!

lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 06:19:22 AM

You are right, be patient and hold until the market recovers is a good decision but I prefer to keep all assets in USD because it has less loss and I will buy if the market in my opinion has reached its lowest point
Some traders are doing this strategy, they convert to stable coins to prevent further losses then buy back when the price drastically decreasing. On the other side holding is a good decision too but for those who cant stand seeing their assets slowly losing its value this might be hard to do.

giammangiato
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1251

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 06:50:01 AM

The basic solution in times as this for traders is to Hold their/your capital in fiat or stable coin then wait patiently, then you get into the trade after there has been few more rekts or tokens has reached the bottom.

It depends all to btc price and the period, an example is the covid period. What you have to do is monitoring if your coin dump in the pair with btc or in $. In the first case you can set a stoploss and evaluate main projects more profitable at the moment and maybe bought the same amout of coins that you had of the old project when the price arrive to the bottom. IF the price dump only in $ or you hold or you evaluate the same solution that you have to use for the btc dump

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 06:57:14 AM

From what I've experienced on ICO coins is that thinking that the investors have bonus tokens when they bought early and sell it and still worth for them and others who are interesting to buy will try to lower the price in-case that the coin has a potential to give them profit once it pumps along with the possible success of the project. So yeah, it is normal for the coin to dump when there is still no development from the project that comes along the ICO

Reatim

Activity: 2842
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 07:01:47 AM

Stable coin?no way i rather maintain my Holdings with moving currency than stable coin like USDT(tether) .

Yeah stable coins is safer currency but there is no way that we can make good money investing on this.
If i am to choose?i think it is Bitcoin that i will trust and hold for long.

I know it may take time but at least i am in a currency that o support most.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
MrMojoRising26

Activity: 600
Merit: 729

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 07:09:14 AM

what to do Cheesy well either ignore the price action and commit to a medium long term investment, or use a stop loss that's about it
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 08:02:08 AM

A dumped price is a golden opportunity for the investors.  When market is red or price is dump, then you have the opportunity to invest more, especially those coins with good prospective you've been monitoring for a while. Invest in them and chill till the price is pump again before selling.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 08:39:20 AM

From what I've experienced on ICO coins is that thinking that the investors have bonus tokens when they bought early and sell it and still worth for them and others who are interesting to buy will try to lower the price in-case that the coin has a potential to give them profit once it pumps along with the possible success of the project. So yeah, it is normal for the coin to dump when there is still no development from the project that comes along the ICO
I think it depends on how the ICO project evolves because if they have an initial development plan and always attract investors, that coin will keep a stable value in the long run. On the contrary, if the ICO project does not have much change, it will surely make you more time-consuming because the ICO does not have the potential as in previous years.
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 11:26:04 AM

what to do Cheesy well either ignore the price action and commit to a medium long term investment, or use a stop loss that's about it
This topic reminds me when the last time my token got dump very low and it was almost a year and still don't recover it's price. I was very stressed on looking does token i sell them even i lost a big amount of money.  Sad

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 11:37:26 AM

Hodle and wait don`t panic keep your eyes off of the chart it can develop the urge to sell, you only do this to established altcoin but for newer token always sell if you have gained a bit of profit because new token get dump and it will have a hard time recovering.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 11:39:22 AM

First, Check if the the price is already hitting its support. This means that it's likely that it will bounce back when it touches it's support. But sometimes that's not the case. It can break it's support and dump even more. When that happens there will be likely a indicator that it will happen. Like if the price is at it's support and there's no bouncing back this means that it will break the support. So just a tip. Buy low sell high.
Tahsin Kabir Kollol

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 05:55:39 PM

First of all, you have to estimate how much the price will go down. If the market analysis shows that the price can go down a lot, you must convert your cryptocurrencies to USD. You can also convert to other stable cryptocurrencies, but in most cases, other cryptocurrency prices decrease as soon as the BTC price decrease, so it is more appropriate to convert to USD. Then you must pay attention to the market analysis. If you see the market analysis and think that the price has dropped significantly and there is a possibility of the price increase from here, then you can buy it again. I think this way you can avoid big losses.

JasmineRose

Activity: 630
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 11:41:43 PM

When the price dump of course i decide to hold and stop trading.
Or maybe if you have a lot of money you can buy coin for more Investment in cryptocurrency like buy BTC, ETH, BNB and other major coin.
Don't you ever buy light coin like DOGE when price deep, because light coin is really hard to grow again next time.

jajorforce

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2020, 11:58:56 PM

You should hold your fiat currency or stable coin until proper time comes. Market corrections will always take such a long time to recover. When the Ethereum price was 80-90 USD, that was the proper time to invest. You should know this process because you changed your crypto to stable coin before market dump. You should keep trading or you should hold your cryptocurrency. After your research, you bought cryptocurrency, so there is an option to accept losses.
ahyadinnn

Activity: 1554
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 12:21:46 AM

This topic reminds me when the last time my token got dump very low and it was almost a year and still don't recover it's price. I was very stressed on looking does token i sell them even i lost a big amount of money.  Sad

this happened to me also when the etherium price was still high, at that time I kept holding down the etherium that I had, until the price dropped badly and I was even disappointed at that time, because I hoped the price could improve, so in my opinion if the price had gone up better soon sell it, because the increase is usually only for a moment
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 12:47:13 AM

it depends, have you lost a lot of assets?

if you have lost a lot of assets because of a situation like this, I recommend investing for the long term and wait for the situation to be better. because some experts predict cryptocurrency will soon be in good shape.

be patient or be a short term trader. It's a good choice for now
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 01:17:39 AM

There are some people who are doing this, but most of the time, when the price is going down, holders prefer to hold it until it recovers. We all know that the market is unpredictable that's why they prefer this than exchanging it to stablecoin or to fiat. But yes, it is a smart move for me and it is better, it is just we have to predict the possible price before taking this action.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 01:21:52 AM

You are right, be patient and hold until the market recovers is a good decision but I prefer to keep all assets in USD because it has less loss and I will buy if the market in my opinion has reached its lowest point
When a dump occurs, we can indeed sell and switch to usd. but instead we ourselves have to invest in cryptocurrency which is good at buying. remember that when a dump occurs, of course, other altcoins also experience a very large decline

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
DPrillio

Activity: 693

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 01:44:53 AM

There are some people who are doing this, but most of the time, when the price is going down, holders prefer to hold it until it recovers. We all know that the market is unpredictable that's why they prefer this than exchanging it to stablecoin or to fiat. But yes, it is a smart move for me and it is better, it is just we have to predict the possible price before taking this action.
Agree on this, why selling our coins at lost? so its logical to wait and hodle since we all knew that in crypto all situation is unpredictable and we should have to be vigilant in observing the market situations of what coins we are holding. Even me i have hold particular coins for more than 2 years but still im not frustrated for someday i believe that i will be profitable on that.

suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 05:13:20 AM

When a dump occurs, we can indeed sell and switch to usd. but instead we ourselves have to invest in cryptocurrency which is good at buying. remember that when a dump occurs, of course, other altcoins also experience a very large decline
I personally still choose to hold when dumping prices. Don't panic, because usually prices can recover again.  If you panic then you will immediately sell even if you get a loss. Indeed for some people choose to Cutloss in order to be able to buy other coins, but if we choose the wrong coin, then that will further make losses.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓