Bitcoin Forum
June 02, 2024, 10:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when price is dump??  (Read 2772 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 05:29:46 AM

You are right, be patient and hold until the market recovers is a good decision but I prefer to keep all assets in USD because it has less loss and I will buy if the market in my opinion has reached its lowest point
When a dump occurs, we can indeed sell and switch to usd. but instead we ourselves have to invest in cryptocurrency which is good at buying. remember that when a dump occurs, of course, other altcoins also experience a very large decline
Agree, we never predict what would happen the market is volatile and it's hard to predict what is the right time to switch you token to usd if your in the current situation already.
L A R A

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 05:57:30 AM

Do not panic. When a dump occurs people usually panic selling, and that's where usually whales buy.
Usually after a dump the price goes up again, coins that already have a big name are still easy to ride after a dump.
Dondeon

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 06:14:13 AM

You are right but it is also possible to trade against the present market situation. If everybody should convert their assets to fiat or stable it means the end of cryptocurrency. As a matter of fact, it is impossible for everyone to convert their coins to fiat or stable.

TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 06:17:14 AM

When dump starts you can quickly switch to stable coin and if more dump happens you will be able to buy back and get more quantities of the coin but if it's Bitcoin you are holding you might decide not to do anything

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 06:25:24 AM

What I do is I always buy my coins in two parts so that if the price dips I can scoop up more at a lower price but I always keep a stop-loss @7-10% lower than my average entry price. But I only keep my SL on short term trades.
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 06:32:01 AM

You have two options only, get out to the market or hold your coins. If you are really confident with the coins you bought, you may hold it since anytime it may spike again. But if you smell something bad just like listing in low volume exchange or delays in releasing the MVP and mainnet, sell them. That is what I did most of the time. I analyze if the coin has future or not.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
posporo

Activity: 501
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 07:43:17 AM

In my opinion, if the price is dump I guess it would be best to stand by and wait for the right time to pump. If you are holding a coin which is new but surely shows a potential, I guess it is just that the market is in low pricing so it would be best to hold it till it recovers but if you are holding such a no name coin or token and the price is dropping, it would be best to trade it to a stable coins.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
restuibu

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:02:15 AM

hold when the dump price is the right choice and wait until the market recovers. it's not like some people who sell panic when the market goes down,
buying more when the market goes down can also be an option to get more profit

aditasetia123

Activity: 464

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:26:19 AM

hold when the dump price is the right choice and wait until the market recovers. it's not like some people who sell panic when the market goes down,
maybe its good sugesstion , i am be one of many people who didnt patience when facing dump price. hold token or coin will be very worthed if our portofolio were good project. but different condition happen if we hold shit token or coin , we will lost our money alot.
andycarrol

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:49:38 AM

maybe its good sugesstion , i am be one of many people who didnt patience when facing dump price. hold token or coin will be very worthed if our portofolio were good project. but different condition happen if we hold shit token or coin , we will lost our money alot.
I think you should be careful when you want to buy coins when prices fall and as much as possible not to get stuck in the wrong coin because as far as I know many altcoins are collapsed and can not recover prices anymore, so stay alert when wanting to buy coins, it's better buy coins that really have the potential to be profitable.
bukham88

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 10:24:46 AM

it can be a very good strategy in investing cryptocurrency but it must be analyzed accurately so that we don't buy coins when prices are at their peak because many people are mistaken when prices are rising instead they think prices are dumping.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 12:09:30 PM

There are some people who are doing this, but most of the time, when the price is going down, holders prefer to hold it until it recovers. We all know that the market is unpredictable that's why they prefer this than exchanging it to stablecoin or to fiat. But yes, it is a smart move for me and it is better, it is just we have to predict the possible price before taking this action.
I agree with this. as far as I do when the price of the token that I hold goes down, then what I do is wait for the token to recover. however, turning into another coin without looking for complete information about the reason for the dump, and not looking for an opportunity to wait for the pump, it was a wrong decision. Well, if the coin is worth it, then it's worth holding. this is evident when we hold ethereum and go down to almost the price below $ 100. at this time, the price is trying to go up again.
That's true, converting it to another coin without looking the complete info will bring you to a messed. Also, if holding ethereum or other promising altcoin, there is no point of converting to other altcoin. Waiting until the price will increase again is for the safety of your own investment especially if you are not using it, why not wait for the meantime.
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 01:58:52 PM

You need to always set stop loss to limit the losses when spilled. But if you've forgotten the stop loss and the price falls too deep, you need to be alert and stay calm. Don't panic because it will make you make bad decisions and you will regret it a lot

bellaayu

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 02:16:24 PM

Yes, this is a good move because of the erratic market conditions. Sometimes we see Bitcoin freefall and all the coin price is also falling. But the current condition when we are stuck in decline. It is better to hold your coins and sell when the price rises to return to your capital. Then we wait for the price to the lowest point and buy it. However, if you doubt it is better to invest in stable coins like USDC and USDT.

Ochakemaput

Activity: 483

terra-credit.com

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 02:21:52 PM

Yes, this is a good move because of the erratic market conditions. Sometimes we see Bitcoin freefall and all the coin price is also falling. But the current condition when we are stuck in decline. It is better to hold your coins and sell when the price rises to return to your capital. Then we wait for the price to the lowest point and buy it. However, if you doubt it is better to invest in stable coins like USDC and USDT.
unfortunately waiting for a moment in such circumstances we will never know when it happened. You can imagine what if someone held an asset when the market reached ATH and held it until now hoping that ATH will be achieved again. how long and how much longer do you have to hold it?

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 02:52:49 PM

During tough times when seeing your coins in a dump stage we could hold it. Since the market is volatile we cannot predict when it will be at a higher price. Actually numerous advice on what to do when the price is a dump, it is still on your own conclusions will follow. Just balance the situations on what's best on the coin we have.
Pumuckel21

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 02:57:53 PM

During tough times when seeing your coins in a dump stage we could hold it. Since the market is volatile we cannot predict when it will be at a higher price. Actually numerous advice on what to do when the price is a dump, it is still on your own conclusions will follow. Just balance the situations on what's best on the coin we have.

I agree with you. All markets are volatile, but the crypto market is especially volatile. Therefore holding your coins during dumps might be the best solution for you. I think that in the long term the crypto market will become more and more stable. At least the established coins.

▄█▄▀█████████████▀ ▐
     ▄███▄▀███████████▀ ▐ ▐
    ▄█████▄▀█████████▀ ▐ ▐ ▐
   ▄████████ ███████  ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
  ███████████        ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
 ███████████          ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
███████████            ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
 ███████████          ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
  ███████████        ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
   ▀████████ ███████  ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
    ▀█████▀▄█████████▄ ▐ ▐ ▐
     ▀███▀▄███████████▄ ▐ ▐