Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:20:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Intelligent Masternodes?  (Read 945 times)
Flux0z

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2020, 11:16:34 AM

Masternode must be a worst idea in my opinion because it let our money to be spent for VPS whereas with POS you may spend all your money into cryptos which again may work for you. But the money you spend for VPS is going away from this crypto space which will indirectly affect all of us in long run. Just take time to think about it.

I mean every single penny must be important.; So, why should we allow money to be going away from this crypto space in the name of setting up masternode. All masternode operators must think about adopting POS algorithm which must be the great thing we must have because it encourages the investors by paying interest to their money.
That is really a great perspective like we should not allow money to move out of crypto world. Any staking method should encourage people to keep on investing within crypto world. I completely agree with you because each and every penny is more important if a concern about building more valuable future. When we are spending some $5 for VPS hosting every month then that will end up summing up very big money over the time and when we are calculating for thousands of crypto adopters then it will be a very huge money but it is going really out of crypto world. That is very bad. So, masternode concept should not be encouraged in my opinion too.

You completely miss the point of masternodes.  Roll Eyes

Masternodes is not supposed to be hosted by the average Joe. A masternode is basically a server you setup, which is online 24/7. This is of HUGE benefit as it can take jobs benefitting YOU as the consumer.
A network of 2000+ masternodes can host a multitude of decentralized dApps and services that empowers the blockchain it runs on. I'm paying ZERO dollars on my masternodes, as I use the Stakenet Cloud to host my nodes, this supports the project, and I'm basically just paying the VPS costs using parts of my profits.

Traditional masternodes is useless as they don't do anything other than verifying transactions on the network, same as someone staking basically. You can run a masternode without a VPS on your own computer, but if you plan to run more than one, you wont be able to, as you need different IP's and hardware to do so.

There's a lot of people to this day, who don't understand the underlying benefits of masternodes. I remember when I heard about "masternodes" back in like 2014-2015 implemented on Darkcoin (Now DASH) I simply didn't get it, and passed it as being "stupid", little did I know that it drove up the price of Darkcoin amazingly well due to the low supply.

Dash's Masternodes, what are they ? how many are there ? why should i care?
Link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=860067.0
Date : 17 November 2014

I don't think it was just the low supply driving up the Dash price. Features like privacy (DarkSend), getting paid for running a masternode, the interesting MN payment schedule over time,
the decentralized budget and governance system that followed soon after and having trust in the development team also played a role i think.

Here is an overview of number of active Dash masternodes over time :

It will be interesting to see if number of active Dash masternodes has reached equilibrium by now (at around 4600 masternodes) or if there is still room for growth.

Interesting, and true words. Same applies to Stakenet, which is no surprise since they forked off of Dash and BTC. The governance system is a pretty damn genius concept that prevents the team from "exit" scamming or slacking off, compared to all these ICO funded projects, which we've seen poor management of the past years.

Thanks for posting, I believe we'll see more DASH nodes in the near future, but due to the high entry barrier (1000 DASH), it wont increase too fast.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCXRPADA

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 04:57:47 PM

Interesting, not that I know a lot about "masternodes", but I'm sure they have their limits as well?

Guess I need to do more research, as this is a topic I haven't dealt with much yet. First heard about it when I discovered Dash.
Flux0z

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 05:07:33 PM

Interesting, not that I know a lot about "masternodes", but I'm sure they have their limits as well?

Guess I need to do more research, as this is a topic I haven't dealt with much yet. First heard about it when I discovered Dash.

Their limits depends on the VPS servers they run on, which can be upgraded as you want over time. Another thing is the chain itself which is being hosted by the node. It can have it's limits, which is why XSN is a fork of both Dash, BTC. On top of that they made their own tech, such as Trustless Proof Of Stake.

Feel free to do more research, the possibilities is endless.  Grin
LeoBTCGod

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 05:03:23 PM

Masternode must be a worst idea in my opinion because it let our money to be spent for VPS whereas with POS you may spend all your money into cryptos which again may work for you. But the money you spend for VPS is going away from this crypto space which will indirectly affect all of us in long run. Just take time to think about it.

I mean every single penny must be important.; So, why should we allow money to be going away from this crypto space in the name of setting up masternode. All masternode operators must think about adopting POS algorithm which must be the great thing we must have because it encourages the investors by paying interest to their money.
That is really a great perspective like we should not allow money to move out of crypto world. Any staking method should encourage people to keep on investing within crypto world. I completely agree with you because each and every penny is more important if a concern about building more valuable future. When we are spending some $5 for VPS hosting every month then that will end up summing up very big money over the time and when we are calculating for thousands of crypto adopters then it will be a very huge money but it is going really out of crypto world. That is very bad. So, masternode concept should not be encouraged in my opinion too.

You completely miss the point of masternodes.  Roll Eyes

Masternodes is not supposed to be hosted by the average Joe. A masternode is basically a server you setup, which is online 24/7. This is of HUGE benefit as it can take jobs benefitting YOU as the consumer.
A network of 2000+ masternodes can host a multitude of decentralized dApps and services that empowers the blockchain it runs on. I'm paying ZERO dollars on my masternodes, as I use the Stakenet Cloud to host my nodes, this supports the project, and I'm basically just paying the VPS costs using parts of my profits.

Traditional masternodes is useless as they don't do anything other than verifying transactions on the network, same as someone staking basically. You can run a masternode without a VPS on your own computer, but if you plan to run more than one, you wont be able to, as you need different IP's and hardware to do so.

There's a lot of people to this day, who don't understand the underlying benefits of masternodes. I remember when I heard about "masternodes" back in like 2014-2015 implemented on Darkcoin (Now DASH) I simply didn't get it, and passed it as being "stupid", little did I know that it drove up the price of Darkcoin amazingly well due to the low supply.

Dash's Masternodes, what are they ? how many are there ? why should i care?
Link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=860067.0
Date : 17 November 2014

I don't think it was just the low supply driving up the Dash price. Features like privacy (DarkSend), getting paid for running a masternode, the interesting MN payment schedule over time,
the decentralized budget and governance system that followed soon after and having trust in the development team also played a role i think.

Here is an overview of number of active Dash masternodes over time :

It will be interesting to see if number of active Dash masternodes has reached equilibrium by now (at around 4600 masternodes) or if there is still room for growth.

Always been a huge fan of DASH, but never really got in a position to afford a masternode. I'm sure the network will grow over time. For now I'm investing in cheaper nodes, Stakenet is definitely on my bucket list, since their tech is out of this world compared to many other masternode projects I've researched.
Flux0z

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 05:04:43 PM

Anyone who hasn't seen the DEX in action before, can see a small gif displaying it here: https://imgur.com/zSxobsV

Here is an example of a user making a purchase of LTC from an ARB Aggregator which has been connected to binance (will be connected to many more DEX’s & exchanges in the future). Once it is sold in the DEX the ARB is buying on binance for a small profit.
Marckolind

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 05:41:30 AM

Anyone who hasn't seen the DEX in action before, can see a small gif displaying it here: https://imgur.com/zSxobsV

Here is an example of a user making a purchase of LTC from an ARB Aggregator which has been connected to binance (will be connected to many more DEX’s & exchanges in the future). Once it is sold in the DEX the ARB is buying on binance for a small profit.

There's also this video, which shows a live demonstration of the DEX. Pretty damn cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSNFhFBKmsc
luchins

Activity: 204

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 11:23:24 AM

Stakenet's using masternodes for some interesting purposes
https://i.imgur.com/G6IypAd.png
1.) High liquidity
2.) Code agnostic dApps
3.) Native Lightning compatibility

It's a powerful mix.

is the team  of  x9 the same   of  XSN?
luchins

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 11:25:19 AM

XSN's solution is capable of effectively solving the Lightning Network's current liquidity problems

How?  With Masternodes?  But they are  centralized..  masternodes make  the coin centralized

luchins

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 11:45:41 AM

Here's the MNs running a DEX that natively executes instant BTC/LTC swaps!  Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSNFhFBKmsc

Imagine when USDT (Tether) implements Lightning to their chain. You'll be able to tether up in seconds whenever you see a massive BTC pump. As this will be available as a phone app, you'll be able to tether up while on the go. Absolutely mind blown!!

can't  this  already be  done  now  without  XSN? ''theterng up in seconds''

luchins

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 11:48:49 AM

Here's the MNs running a DEX that natively executes instant BTC/LTC swaps!  Grin

I'd love to see actual trading bots executing orders on the DEX itself. Since we'll have a DEX aggregator combining DEX order books from other DEX's (such as Komodo), liquidity will be of no problem if you want to do some arbitrage. Pretty exciting to see how it plays out

As  far  I understand... only  orders  from decentralized exanges  can be taped into XSN... this  thing can not  compete with the  liquidity provided  by centralized  exanges
Flux0z

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 11:33:20 PM

is the team  of  x9 the same   of  XSN?

The X9 team founded the Stakenet Project.

XSN's solution is capable of effectively solving the Lightning Network's current liquidity problems

Imagine when USDT (Tether) implements Lightning to their chain. You'll be able to tether up in seconds whenever you see a massive BTC pump. As this will be available as a phone app, you'll be able to tether up while on the go. Absolutely mind blown!!

can't  this  already be  done  now  without  XSN? ''theterng up in seconds''

Sure it can, but ONLY on centralized exchanges such as Binance, Coinbase, Bittrex etc.

This is a decentralized way to tether up. BIG difference.

How?  With Masternodes?  But they are  centralized..  masternodes make  the coin centralized

Masternodes is NOT centralized, as they are hosted by different people all over the world. You don't get a more decentralized setup than this, as if one node goes down, another one takes over in seconds.

I'd love to see actual trading bots executing orders on the DEX itself. Since we'll have a DEX aggregator combining DEX order books from other DEX's (such as Komodo), liquidity will be of no problem if you want to do some arbitrage. Pretty exciting to see how it plays out

As  far  I understand... only  orders  from decentralized exanges  can be taped into XSN... this  thing can not  compete with the  liquidity provided  by centralized  exanges

You can arbitrage trade from the DEX straight to Binance. Meaning you can buy from the DEX, and sell on Biannce for a profit in mere seconds.

Centralized exchanges will be beaten, just a matter of time.
GucciBoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 09:25:12 AM

First of all, why couldn't you post ONCE, instead of spam the thread multiple times? Haha.

Masternodes is FAR from centralized, they are quite the opposite actually. Masternodes makes for a very decentralized network, and the things you can set them to do while they're idle is truly fascinating when you dig down into the tech.
Kang TB

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

Revolutionizing Reward Points

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 08:06:48 PM

i think you should explain me why masternodes make the coin centralized mate ?
because i don't understand what you are talking about buddy

SHREW
     ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                
DISCOUNTED
PRE-SALE
LIVE NOW !
      ████
  ███
 ███
 ███
███
███
███
███
 ███
 ███
  ███
   ████
   Revolutionizing
         Reward Points  
████
  ███
   ███
   ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
   ███
   ███
  ███
████
       ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                

BUY SHREW

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
LeoBTCGod

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 05:59:33 AM

He obviously don't have a clue what a masternode really is, let alone how Stakenet aims to solve some of the most important problems we've got in the crypto space right now. An INSTANT tradeable DEX.
GucciBoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 07:08:29 PM

He obviously don't have a clue what a masternode really is, let alone how Stakenet aims to solve some of the most important problems we've got in the crypto space right now. An INSTANT tradeable DEX.

True. It's gonna be a game changer for sure. This video is a MUST see for anyone who hasn't yet seen the DEX in action:

nightflightcourt (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 09:11:58 PM

Masternodes are but one component of Stakenet's ecosystem - a hybrid staking/MN network where block reward payout is split 45/45/10 between staking rewards (consensus), MN rewards (2nd layer), and a treasury, respectively.
This 45/45/10 split ensures a balance of representation between the MNs and the staking network by making over-representation of one over another increasingly unprofitable. There can only be so many masternodes running before the incentive to stake and pay less in operational costs becomes the better option and vice-versa.

The treasury proposes development strategies and a budget. The masternode owners pay more in operational costs with the intent to offer higher-end services and use-cases. They vote on whether or not to pass the dev budget. Whether it passes or it doesn't, the staking network is the backbone that proves the worth of all efforts involved. If the staking network gets burned, it falls back on the masternodes and the treasury. If the treasury became corrupt and started proposing terrible budgets, the masternode network could vote them down. If the masternode network became corrupt and someone gained absolute authority on the treasury budget, the treasury could simply stop proposing budgets and members of the staking network could use their leverage to briefly increase MN representation for slightly lower profits - forcing the attacker to buy up increasingly unprofitable amounts of the supply at increasingly higher premiums - all to maintain majority control of one component in an ecosystem too decentralized for it to matter. To truly hijack Stakenet, you would have to corrupt all 3 of these pillars or the efforts involved would only blow up on whoever attempted a takeover and create a massive buying opportunity for everyone else. It'd be quite costly and bear no incentive to take either masternode or staking network representation beyond 45%.

Anyone can theoretically purchase 15k XSN right now, create a masternode, and host it however they'd like to. There are ways to run multiple masternodes for under $1/day.
sky_Gritzz

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 11:41:18 PM

Base on the image provided it says that bitcoin transactions are expensive/high fees.

But if you are using electrum wallet, you can pay as low as 1 sat per transaction which can be confirmed within the next blocks. So, how can you say that it's a high fee if you're only paying for 1 sat. You can increase it if you want a little quicker.
beside that if any altcoin comparing with bitcoin about the fee and speed transaction they are not to compare with other altcoin where have the same fast speed in transaction like Stellar, BNB and etc

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 10:49:05 AM

Masternodes are but one component of Stakenet's ecosystem - a hybrid staking/MN network where block reward payout is split 45/45/10 between staking rewards (consensus), MN rewards (2nd layer), and a treasury, respectively.
This 45/45/10 split ensures a balance of representation between the MNs and the staking network by making over-representation of one over another increasingly unprofitable. There can only be so many masternodes running before the incentive to stake and pay less in operational costs becomes the better option and vice-versa.

This is not me saying a bad thing about Stakenet or Masternodes but I have had a lot of experience in staking projects,,, as an amateur and even tried to invest a little bit into getting significant stakes in some projects but my feeling after all that is that in the end only the whales can make a profit and even so at good calculations like you do.

Staking and MNs for some reason does not reward the small players enough.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BTCXRPADA

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 06:13:35 PM

This is not me saying a bad thing about Stakenet or Masternodes but I have had a lot of experience in staking projects,,, as an amateur and even tried to invest a little bit into getting significant stakes in some projects but my feeling after all that is that in the end only the whales can make a profit and even so at good calculations like you do.

Stakenet is SO cheap that you can become a "whale" for a tiny amount of money. If you look at the upside potential ($10+/coin). Staking becomes extremely lucrative, even for small holders. The fees involved which is shared among masternodes providing services is what will earn the most though.
LeoBTCGod

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 06:42:26 PM

Stakenet is SO cheap that you can become a "whale" for a tiny amount of money. If you look at the upside potential ($10+/coin). Staking becomes extremely lucrative, even for small holders. The fees involved which is shared among masternodes providing services is what will earn the most though.

Kind of hard knowing what's classified as a "whale", but 100k XSN seems to be a good number. That's less than 1 BTC worth, which is unheard off, haha.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: