Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:36:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in such a program ?
yes
no

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you market a project if it paid you this much ?  (Read 201 times)
Stixex.io (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 07:29:18 AM

Hi guys, I am trying to figure out different ways to promote a crypto project, specifically crypto options exchange/betting site ( https://www.stixex.io/ ). It allows people to place bets on the color of the next candlestick in the price chart, Red or Green, I made a post about it yesterday. Anyway, the team has been thinking about creating a referral program that works like a "pyramid scheme" but without a scheme Smiley In other words, you would activate an account with the exchange, this process requires no paperwork just a minimum deposit of 0.0103ETH (about $1.30 at current prices), and in exchange you would receive a video about this referral program with your reference number mentioned in it (initial deposit would be non-refundable). You would post this video on your social media and if anyone decides to participate in this program, you would receive 0.01ETH for each referral. In summary, you would pay 0.0103ETH which would go towards making a video that you can use to promote the program, and all the funds collected from new participants using your referral number would go to you. What do you think ? Please share you ideas how to improve it. Thanks.
bhadz

Activity: 2478
Merit: 566

Signature, avatar and text for rent

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 08:38:17 AM

Is this like those ads that's popping on our browsers like Iq Options or Expert Options? Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand it like those. As for the referral, just make it up to Lv.1 and stop making it look like a pyramid scheme. And for your other promotions like video making, if you want to, you should make a separate thread for it. Why not simply hire a marketing expert for this? I think you know what you are doing but be sure that the site isn't a scam. How can we see the other users or number that currently use your platform?

Stixex.io (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 08:49:38 AM

Is this like those ads that's popping on our browsers like Iq Options or Expert Options? Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand it like those. As for the referral, just make it up to Lv.1 and stop making it look like a pyramid scheme. And for your other promotions like video making, if you want to, you should make a separate thread for it. Why not simply hire a marketing expert for this? I think you know what you are doing but be sure that the site isn't a scam. How can we see the other users or number that currently use your platform?
This is not an ad, referral program that I am talking about doesn't even exist yet, I was just brainstorming and asking people on this forum what do they think about it. As for video, it is part of the idea, why would I make a separate video for it ? As for other users who use the platform, you can check it on etherscan, since all deposits are recorded on ethereum blockchain. Why not hire marketing expert ? Because most of them are overpriced and results are usually sub par.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 08:59:17 AM

Hi guys, I am trying to figure out different ways to promote a crypto project, specifically crypto options exchange/betting site ( https://www.stixex.io/ ). It allows people to place bets on the color of the next candlestick in the price chart, Red or Green, I made a post about it yesterday. Anyway, the team has been thinking about creating a referral program that works like a "pyramid scheme" but without a scheme Smiley In other words, you would activate an account with the exchange, this process requires no paperwork just a minimum deposit of 0.0103ETH (about $1.30 at current prices), and in exchange you would receive a video about this referral program with your reference number mentioned in it (initial deposit would be non-refundable). You would post this video on your social media and if anyone decides to participate in this program, you would receive 0.01ETH for each referral. In summary, you would pay 0.0103ETH which would go towards making a video that you can use to promote the program, and all the funds collected from new participants using your referral number would go to you. What do you think ? Please share you ideas how to improve it. Thanks.

I think you should remove the term "pyramid scheme" from your post because it's very negative in the cryptocurrency world. In addition, matching this term with the name of the project, unfortunately, negatively affects its image.
From what I understood, for the price of 0.0103ETH you just sell a guide on how to get to the referral program.
This is a slightly different solution, but if you want to encourage people to this program, then you should give such a guide for free, not sell it.

Stixex.io (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 09:18:06 AM

I think you should remove the term "pyramid scheme" from your post because it's very negative in the cryptocurrency world. In addition, matching this term with the name of the project, unfortunately, negatively affects its image.
From what I understood, for the price of 0.0103ETH you just sell a guide on how to get to the referral program.
This is a slightly different solution, but if you want to encourage people to this program, then you should give such a guide for free, not sell it.
no, I am not selling a guide how to get to the referral program, the fee is to cover some costs of making a video for you which you can use to present referral program to others. This symbolic fee of slightly more then $1 is to make sure that users at least will try to promote the project and not just receive the video and never use it. That video would mention your referral number so if people watch that video and join the program using your referral number, you would get paid. As for using the phrase "pyramid scheme" its just to explain the concept how it works, of course there is no scheme, but I understand what you mean. STIXEX exchange has been around since 2018 so its very unlikely that it would scam someone for little over then $1 Smiley
TheAndy500

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 10:03:47 AM

no, I am not selling a guide how to get to the referral program, the fee is to cover some costs of making a video for you which you can use to present referral program to others. This symbolic fee of slightly more then $1 is to make sure that users at least will try to promote the project and not just receive the video and never use it. That video would mention your referral number so if people watch that video and join the program using your referral number, you would get paid. As for using the phrase "pyramid scheme" its just to explain the concept how it works, of course there is no scheme, but I understand what you mean. STIXEX exchange has been around since 2018 so its very unlikely that it would scam someone for little over then $1 Smiley

Is this video not a guide?
If the referral program is good, its quality should encourage users to participate.
If you charge a fee to download it, in my eyes it is selling.
So selling a video about a loyalty program is a kind of pyramid. You will avoid this type of comparison if you give people video for free and let them earn money on the referral program. Otherwise, unfortunately, it will look more like a pyramid than an affiliate program.

Stixex.io (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 10:20:17 AM

Is this video not a guide?
If the referral program is good, its quality should encourage users to participate.
If you charge a fee to download it, in my eyes it is selling.
So selling a video about a loyalty program is a kind of pyramid. You will avoid this type of comparison if you give people video for free and let them earn money on the referral program. Otherwise, unfortunately, it will look more like a pyramid than an affiliate program.

You make a good point, I was just trying to figure out how to make sure that people will try to promote the site after they receive the video. The video has to be made individually for each participant because each video has to have referral number that is unique. Paying a small fee would show the seriousness of the potential user and would serve as some sort of guarantee that they will post it . Otherwise we might spend a bunch of time and resources on making videos for people who might forget about it the next day and never even upload it to their social media. I have to do some more thinking.
TheAndy500

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 10:44:39 AM

You make a good point, I was just trying to figure out how to make sure that people will try to promote the site after they receive the video. The video has to be made individually for each participant because each video has to have referral number that is unique. Paying a small fee would show the seriousness of the potential user and would serve as some sort of guarantee that they will post it . Otherwise we might spend a bunch of time and resources on making videos for people who might forget about it the next day and never even upload it to their social media. I have to do some more thinking.

I still don't know what the video is / what is it for?
If it is an invitation, it still seems to be free. Of course, giving an individual character (because the number itself is certainly given automatically anyway) will definitely add prestige.
If you don't change your mind about fee for downloading the video, then you will have to be very careful not to be suspected of paying old participants with earnings from new downloads, because that's how ponzi shame works. You must come up with some other way to pay. Maybe just increase the commission for each subsequent member acquired in the program?

Stixex.io (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 11:00:36 AM

If it is an invitation, it still seems to be free. Of course, giving an individual character (because the number itself is certainly given automatically anyway) will definitely add prestige.
If you don't change your mind about fee for downloading the video, then you will have to be very careful not to be suspected of paying old participants with earnings from new downloads, because that's how ponzi shame works. You must come up with some other way to pay. Maybe just increase the commission for each subsequent member acquired in the program?

the video is in part like an invitation and it would explain what STIXEX is all about, and how referral program works.  And you could only join the program if you enter reference number that you saw in a video. So if you, for example, saw a video and decided to join, you would go to referral program website and enter referral number. This number would belong to someone who already joined and promoted this video. So once you join by entering the reference code, the owner of that code would receive 0.01ETH. And after you joined, you would also receive a video, custom made with your own reference code that people would enter after seeing it.
TheAndy500

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 11:32:48 AM

the video is in part like an invitation and it would explain what STIXEX is all about, and how referral program works.  And you could only join the program if you enter reference number that you saw in a video. So if you, for example, saw a video and decided to join, you would go to referral program website and enter referral number. This number would belong to someone who already joined and promoted this video. So once you join by entering the reference code, the owner of that code would receive 0.01ETH. And after you joined, you would also receive a video, custom made with your own reference code that people would enter after seeing it.

The idea seems interesting, but I still have to think carefully about whether it has anything to do with the pyramid. It's not that I don't like it, it's about your safety.
On another hand, are you not afraid that there will be attempts to bypass this system, for example by using a VPN?

Stixex.io (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 11:59:21 AM

The idea seems interesting, but I still have to think carefully about whether it has anything to do with the pyramid. It's not that I don't like it, it's about your safety.
On another hand, are you not afraid that there will be attempts to bypass this system, for example by using a VPN?
That's why a small fee would alleviate the problem of people trying to scam the program. VPN is irrelevant in this case since in order to activate the participation you have to open an account with the exchange (as I mentioned in OP). And the only way to activate account is to make minimum deposit of 0.0103ETH. If I would not charge this fee then people could easily collude to take advantage of the program.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 24, 2020, 04:38:54 PM

It is sounding exactly like a pyramid scheme, with the scheme part. You do not ask for any affiliate networker anything beforehand, it never works that way, nobody who will invite people would want to be forced to pay for the privilege first, if you do that you will get less people than literally any other place.

You have to make affiliate a free thing, allow people to invite people without paying anything upfront, literally nowhere else does anything like that and succeed.

I once worked with an exchange and actually invited bunch of people from a project, then when I reached around 50 bucks I asked for a withdrawal, they said I have to deposit to withdraw ANY AMOUNT so I said no thanks and invited all of those people somewhere else. That exchange lost on thousands of dollars per day trading, just because they asked me to deposit ANY amount.
Stixex.io (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2020, 05:06:00 PM

It is sounding exactly like a pyramid scheme, with the scheme part. You do not ask for any affiliate networker anything beforehand, it never works that way, nobody who will invite people would want to be forced to pay for the privilege first, if you do that you will get less people than literally any other place.

You have to make affiliate a free thing, allow people to invite people without paying anything upfront, literally nowhere else does anything like that and succeed.

I once worked with an exchange and actually invited bunch of people from a project, then when I reached around 50 bucks I asked for a withdrawal, they said I have to deposit to withdraw ANY AMOUNT so I said no thanks and invited all of those people somewhere else. That exchange lost on thousands of dollars per day trading, just because they asked me to deposit ANY amount.
you have to read the entire conversation from previous comments to understand, but without a fee it would be very easy to abuse this system.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 09:06:14 AM

Exactly what I was going to say.

a referral program that works like a "pyramid scheme" but without a scheme Smiley
If you say something is like a pyramid scheme, but isn't a pyramid scheme, then people won't see the word "isn't", they'll just see the phrase "pyramid scheme". It may help for illustration purposes, but I think it will be very counterproductive. If this isn't a pyramid scheme, then just don't mention the phrase at all.
BlackFor3st

Activity: 1932
Merit: 506

Betking.io - Best Bitcoin Casino

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 10:17:32 AM

They way they promote their platform is a little bit fishy but if they can provide any evidence that they really pay to those referral that were brought by the referrer then it is worth a try as long as the platform is genuine and not a total shit scam platform. But if I were to decide, I will not endanger my little money just to promote this kind of platform.

Not only if I can find this platform a useful one that genuinely giving us a good opportunity to earn some money from their referral program.

Stixex.io (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 11:10:12 AM

They way they promote their platform is a little bit fishy but if they can provide any evidence that they really pay to those referral that were brought by the referrer then it is worth a try as long as the platform is genuine and not a total shit scam platform. But if I were to decide, I will not endanger my little money just to promote this kind of platform.

Not only if I can find this platform a useful one that genuinely giving us a good opportunity to earn some money from their referral program.
Thanks for the opinion, do you have any ideas how this evidence could be provided ? For example, if you were to participate, what evidence would you need ? Because since the platform runs on blockchain all transactions can be checked, so anyone who participates in the program can try to pretend to be a new referral and check if platform paid them.
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:23:03 PM

I never wanted to join a project like that, Because  in my opinion in the end a project like that was just a scam, and we would lose the money we had  and the people we referenced to join, even though the deposit was only quite low value ($1, 30) but honestly I personally am not interested at all to join the platform, we can see how such a platforms trap their users and ultimately the loses they get.
so, it's better for me to avoid it from the start and don't want to try it at all even though what is offered by the platform is quite interesting

coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:34:09 PM

you have to read the entire conversation from previous comments to understand, but without a fee it would be very easy to abuse this system.
Doesn't matter what you are providing with or not. If people are forced to pay up beforehand and use it after they paid, that is not going to get too much affiliates, maybe close to zero, at least the affects of it would be close to zero. No true affiliate would pay up beforehand because they know that what they are bringing to table worths money, there are literally places that pays upfront for some good affiliate marketers.

So, how are you planning on getting affiliate marketers who are so good that they are getting money offers to work for them before they even invite anyway, when you are telling them that they need to pay beforehand, that will never work. I have worked as an affiliate networker for years now and I have never paid a single cent to anyone, only got paid. That is how it works, no matter what the system is.
Stixex.io (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 07:10:41 PM

Doesn't matter what you are providing with or not. If people are forced to pay up beforehand and use it after they paid, that is not going to get too much affiliates, maybe close to zero, at least the affects of it would be close to zero. No true affiliate would pay up beforehand because they know that what they are bringing to table worths money, there are literally places that pays upfront for some good affiliate marketers.

So, how are you planning on getting affiliate marketers who are so good that they are getting money offers to work for them before they even invite anyway, when you are telling them that they need to pay beforehand, that will never work. I have worked as an affiliate networker for years now and I have never paid a single cent to anyone, only got paid. That is how it works, no matter what the system is.
what you say makes sense, so now I would need to figure out how not to ask for deposit and at the same time prevent fraud. Quite a dilemma.
suryapro

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 09:15:55 PM

Yes, this is a good way in my opinion. however, the current situation is not good for promoting / creating project programs that require participants to pay for some eth. But if the prizes you offer make the users excited, of course your project will be in great demand and get a lot of participants. but vice versa

stobox 
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
◉ ───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin  ─────── ◉
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: