Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:42:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 90% Of Project Bounties Are Scams  (Read 1740 times)
Rimueng (OP)

Activity: 374
Merit: 12

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 05:11:55 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

90% Of Project Bounties Are Scams

If I see a project that appeared in 2018 until now has experienced a very significant setback. Most of them are con artists. Fraud that often occurs in the form of postponement of time, not paying the completion of the campaign, not being listed in the exchange, locking up tokens for a very long time, even some who cannot make withdrawals.

There is also something that happens with changes to the wallet payment to the platform in a short duration, so we did not know there was a change. And when we ask easily they answer the distribution period is over. Really we are like dealing with extraterrestrials.

They make campaign participants like their helpers. Change the rules of work as they please, some even delete from the list of campaigns, even though they have worked for up to a month.

Do they not think that we spend a lot of time campaigning for their projects.

All they have to know is that the services of campaign participants are very large towards the success of a project. It is they who continue to provide information to the public.

I hope the bounty manager can check each project before it is managed, and for cheat managers, stop cheating.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 05:33:56 PM

Could be higher now, the market is down and investors are not looking for new coins so those developers they are just gone after getting funded we have so many projects recently that scammed so many investors like Adab IronX, if the project is scam so are the bounties, you will either not going to get it or if you got it it will have no value in the market.

BitSat19

Activity: 476
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 05:43:47 PM

Could be higher now, the market is down and investors are not looking for new coins so those developers they are just gone after getting funded we have so many projects recently that scammed so many investors like Adab IronX, if the project is scam so are the bounties, you will either not going to get it or if you got it it will have no value in the market.
I was also going to post this 90% is less now they are nearly 98% or 99% as most of projects are not good and attractive and investors also have nothing serious in them most of them are just waste of time nothing else I also have many thousands coins with no worth and they will never been in good in future.
Mulann2

Activity: 686
Merit: 35

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 06:13:43 PM

This is no longer news bro, all you need is just try to be careful not to fall in the wrong ones, especially when it comes to investing your hard earned money, if you didn't invest money but just your effort it won't hurt that much, nowadays, it is hard to see a genuine project that is actually committed to provide something to the public,  majority are scam project ready to run at the slightest opportunity.
htsy585

Activity: 573
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 06:31:38 PM

The market is experiencing a huge correction from the flooding it experience with lots of projects in 2017/2018 and as such, it has experienced a massive downtrend in even the prices of already established coin/tokens talkless of start up projects. Due to the turndown in the market, the investors left are very skeptical about the project they invest in and majority often opt in for already established ones.  I can confidently say some start up projects are genuine but the market isn't really favourable for them and at the same time, the entire cryptocurrency market is an unregulated space where scammers are mostly unknown till they exits scam.
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 06:33:31 PM

Unfortunately this is the current situation of the bounty market and it has been like this for months and finding good bounty campaign has been very hard now a days still i try my best to find a campaign that is honest and pays all participants, secondly you said that bounty managers should not take bad projects, i think as long as they are being paid weekly in btc,eth or usdt they will not bother about the quality because they are making money.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
wingfield_crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 06:37:15 PM

If I see a project that appeared in 2018 until now has experienced a very significant setback. Most of them are con artists. Fraud that often occurs in the form of postponement of time, not paying the completion of the campaign, not being listed in the exchange, locking up tokens for a very long time, even some who cannot make withdrawals.

There is also something that happens with changes to the wallet payment to the platform in a short duration, so we did not know there was a change. And when we ask easily they answer the distribution period is over. Really we are like dealing with extraterrestrials.

They make campaign participants like their helpers. Change the rules of work as they please, some even delete from the list of campaigns, even though they have worked for up to a month.

Do they not think that we spend a lot of time campaigning for their projects.

All they have to know is that the services of campaign participants are very large towards the success of a project. It is they who continue to provide information to the public.

I hope the bounty manager can check each project before it is managed, and for cheat managers, stop cheating.

Unfortunately, there is a lack of respect for many project managers, who treat very bad rewards hunters by not providing them with the information they need. The rules you talked about, they have the right to change, if they announce of course that they have been changed and how they have been changed. A bigger problem is the fact that there are more and more SCAM projects, and the bounty hunters are working in vain.
pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 07:34:07 PM
Merited by Ferris419 (2)

I feel very bad by seeing this condition of the bounty world! Bounty is not a slavery job but some dishonest project owner and some uneducated bounty hunters made bounty work like a slavery job. Bounty hunters are not getting paid, project holder keeps deceiving the hunters, they keep making difficult the bounty section. I have no idea when all of these things will be ended but it seems it's getting bitter day by day!

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 07:38:22 PM

I know how it feels to be part of a bounty campaign where we work so carefully everyday and then submit the report of work done every week and this continues mostly for 2 to 3 months on average and then when you are deprived of the reward it kinds of kills the worker/hunter from inside, i just condemn such people who do this to hunters and do not pay their right, the solution can be escrow reward to a reliable third party that will distribute reward after the campaign ends.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 07:51:27 PM

Even now there are bounties that do pay but you have to be now more careful and vigilant before selecting a new campaign to promote, you should now research each and every aspect of the project before promoting it just to make sure that you will not be scammed, this way your percentage of finding scam bounties will decrease.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Ifra24

Activity: 308
Merit: 171

jalannya dipotong sama orang

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:06:53 PM

If I see a project that appeared in 2018 until now has experienced a very significant setback.

This tread very useful if you give more valid data, if you provide evidence just not a statement. To say a scam also has a difference of opinion. So I think the scam here should be interpreted.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
█████████████▄█████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:11:59 PM

I agree that it'd be a great thing for everyone if the campaign managers looked more thoroughly into the campaigns they're managing (most of the more popular one we see on the forum do), but unfortunately there's so many people out there willing to manage campaigns right now that even the scammiest campaigns are likely to find someone who's able to do the basics of a manager.

As for whether or not these will continue to pop up, I don't think we'll ever see the creation of scam bounty campaigns stop until it's unprofitable to do so. It's been happening even before 2018, and though it can be tough, you'll be able to figure out which ones are likely scams and which ones aren't in time if you're new.
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:30:42 PM

All they have to know is that the services of campaign participants are very large towards the success of a project.

False.
Altho they do play some part, 75% of modern bounty hunters do 20-30 bounties at a time, making their accounts a spam fest which most of the funnels ignore.
Besides, usually when a hunter has 10k followers on twitter, those are inactive bad accounts,

Only thing that could get some traction is a well written article (less than 1% of them) or a good youtube video that goes viral.

Having said that, i do stand by hunters in a way that projects should pay up for their efforts. But the reality is, most BM's can't do shit about it.
And even if the project does distribute, who's to say those tokens are worth anything. Even promising projects fail, or don't get listed
Ryutaro

Activity: 202
Merit: 180

It's precious, protect it!

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:51:32 PM

This makes me remember an interesting topic I read in the past which describe perfectly why 99% of ico are 'absolute garbage' because they are giving a good percentage of their total allocation to random people doing specific advertising tasks like Facebook and twitter campaign with most of them full of bots accounts thus they are not generating any revenue and the bigger problem is that even legit bounty doesn't apply any form of tracking to evaluate the effectiveness of each participant.
Also, not having maximum numbers of participants lead to a hard dump on tokens price after launch as know hunters tend to sell their reward immediately when received.

edit: found it,  The fundamental problem with ICOs and bounty campaigns
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:54:44 PM

Bounty participants also have their roles to play. You have to be selective when it comes to what project to promote and the bounty manager to work with. A lot of things have been ongoing. Some bounty managers cheat, but there are some that are very sincere with their jobs. Which is why I select the bounty managers to work with. If you are still new in the system, I might not participate in the project you are managing, except I am sure that some measures have been put in place, to check that.
Although, sometimes, you can still find good projects, managed by newbies and pay bounty hunters with meaningful rewards. There have been some in the past, but they are not so many.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 09:20:47 PM

Any reputed found involving in shady activities will get exposed sooner or later by the community so they will never risk their account's reputation for some bucks but when a bounty is managed by newbie or copper member then they have nothing to lose so choose wisely when you start with, there is no use of crying at the end.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 09:22:42 PM

Well, related to changes in rules, as far as I know, every bounty manager always gives a warning that changes to rules can happen at any time, so as a bounty hunter we cannot blame the bounty manager and dev because that is the rule that we must understand and accept.

We also have to update information, don't miss out on info so that we don't lose the opportunity to claim rewards. Don't just focus on quantity, support and work on campaigns according to your capacity. Be an educated bounty hunter.

Leonardo7

Activity: 686
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 09:46:40 PM

Yes, most bounties are a scam, this was why I ran away from bountyhives and choose to participate in a single bounty per time and most cases just the signature because I don't want to stress myself where I won't find any gain. Time is very precious.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 09:50:55 PM

It's really sad bounties are not worth spending time on these days. I remember those days back in 2017 when you could make $3K out of one single bounty. Currently, I would not advised anybody to out his heart much in bounty because you are likely not going to get paid or the project will turn out to be scam.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 10:13:33 PM

Some projects start with genuine intentions but the condition of the market make them lose their passion towards developing the ideas they had in mind when launching their project into reality. Some projects are also quite good in disguising themselves as legitimate projects just to get the approval of a professional manager and later scam the community therefore don't put all the work on managers.

As a bounty participants you should make the security of your fund and time as your number one priority and not to rely on others to do that for you. Carry-out personal research on selecting quality projects to promote and not associating yourself with any project you see out there especially those with "too good to be true" promises.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████