Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:32:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to escape loss as an altcoin trader  (Read 1146 times)
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:23:49 AM

I want to assume that there are few people, who make several profits from trading altcoins, but sell their profit to bitcoin, and then over time while holding bitcoin, it dumps and their profits dips alongside bitcoin.

Why not do it this way ?
Since you trade mostly in altcoins, as soon as your make your profits, sell them to stable coins or fiats, close that trade chapter.

If you are passionate about hodling bitcoin, always convert to usdt or other stable coins and be patient for a fair entry point. Because the market isn't running away

What do you think everyone ? is there a better pattern that can be practiced?

I am open to more suggestions.
To save profits traders, in my opinion, I prefer to go to gold or invest in assets that are less risky or can also convert them to fiat because cryptocurrency fluctuations are fast. The idea of storing it in USDT or any other stablecoin concept is indeed a good idea, and I'm sure many users are doing that especially since usdt has become a benchmark for other altcoins. Indeed in the worst case that the profits will decrease if bitcoin decreases but if bitcoin goes up? I thought it would be a good idea, moreover, the bitcoin market is currently dominating in the cryptocurrency market where the possibility of adoption is even greater, it might increase its value.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2020, 06:38:45 AM

Personally, it is very difficult to find the intended pattern. So, most people have already bought their coins and are waiting for the pump. besides, to think that running away from defeat is to convert the assets we have into stable coins. yeah, but after that, we need our respective strategies.
Stablecoin saves all tokens from near depletion. Its a good way also to used stablecoin on the exchange to keep your profit on the go. I am bit skeptical sometime on what to buy but of course this is the reason why you should do a proper trading. Hard to escape loss when you already feeling the trap on altcoin. Its always better to be safe, and take your at all cost. Dont be greedy thats the best thing to do.

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:41:13 AM

To save profits traders, in my opinion, I prefer to go to gold or invest in assets that are less risky or can also convert them to fiat because cryptocurrency fluctuations are fast.
btc fluctuation is fast but alts are slower especially those that are close to being a stable coin  . if you have alts you dont worry too much and you dont need to convert them for btc anymore unless if you dont like alts anymore , thats allowed .

gold is a good alternative too , your few of those who  plan that because usually when people invest on crypto they only stick to it
oprahwindfury

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:56:02 AM

No one can disagree with you that most of the people really convert their profit into bitcoin. It also happens because of people whoae are new to crypto society they have less knowledge about it.So all that they are doing,they are following some peoples.they are going the same way.
Thanks for your suggestion,it helps me.

Inkdull

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 07:00:46 AM

You can't escape losses when trading because you can only predict and predictions will not always work in your favor, to limit risks using altcoins one had to choose top altcoin and not new altcoin for trading, the most reliable altcoin for trading is NEO.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Captain Corporate

Activity: 2016
Merit: 575

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2020, 01:05:19 PM

There is really no way to stop loss, loss will happen one way or another and you will have to just face with the fact that you are going to have winnings and losses along the way. If you go from 1000 dollars to 800 dollars to 1200 dollars thats still a 200 dollars gain, doesn't mean that you went straight from 1000 dollars to 1200 dollars, you did went to 800 dollar in the middle there as well. Be ready for stuff to be like that, there will be days when you are down and you will feel like it will be incredibly hard to make a profit but even the biggest losses could be earned back if you are patient enough and have a good strategy.

Hopefully though, if you are smart enough about trading, you will learn more about what to do during loss, how to make a profit is not hard, you just buy something and sometimes they go up and you make a profit, its easy to understand, what you do when you have a loss is the difficult part, that is what you should learn about, if you could learn more about it like cost avarage dropping and stuff like that, you will be able to make a profit quicker.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 01:11:44 PM

For altcoins, you need to have a clear strategy. If you are a trader then you need to set a stop loss, the price can crash at any time so the stop loss will keep you safe. And if you invest in the long term then buy at a reasonable price and hold it, no need to pay too much attention to the general situation of the market.

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 01:18:05 PM

actually the market is not 100 predictable even though you apply the pattern that you usually use or you believe that when you are going to buy the price will go up, it could be the opposite, of course speculation and predictions help us predict market price movements rather than doing nothing and buying without considering it first, it's just that losses will also come to you, when it comes you can minimize it.
gwapoinside2

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 01:22:19 PM

People who hodl bitcoin rather than stablecoins like USDT and etc., is because they believed in the long-term potential of BTC. If you look at the price of bitcoin and the trend it is going, BTC price will continue to grow better in the future. Many believe that this year will be a bullish year for the btc platform.

ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 02:16:12 PM

Why not do it this way ?
Since you trade mostly in altcoins, as soon as your make your profits, sell them to stable coins or fiats, close that trade chapter.

Coin stable / FIAT is not a good choice if you want to become a trader, because what will you get with a stable asset? better find the top 10 cryptos and invest there.

Patterns are always changing, there are no definite standards. You just need practice and practice to understand.

TheMystic

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 03:50:46 PM

First, cryptocurrency market is not our friend, we need to study the market carefully before investing and to save our investment, we need stay updated with the projects we invested in and also if there are lapses in the projects, we know when to convert to USDT and be safe. All we need do is stay updated with your investment and know when to hold or convert to USDT.

► ClipX ◄ ♦ The World’s first Blockchain E-Learning Platform ♦ ► ClipX ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 05:32:03 PM

I want to assume that there are few people, who make several profits from trading altcoins, but sell their profit to bitcoin, and then over time while holding bitcoin, it dumps and their profits dips alongside bitcoin.

Why not do it this way ?

If you are passionate about hodling bitcoin, always convert to usdt or other stable coins and be patient for a fair entry point. Because the market isn't running away

You'll most likely to experience losses in trading. One out of five of my trades are usually just the successful trade I make, but I make sure that one successful trade recovers all my losses on other trades plus the profit.

I advise that you always stick with a plan when trading and don't go on buying some coin just because someone recommends you to buy it or just because the hype is great. Don't speculate, make your own analysis and stick with your strategy. When you experience loss, you will always learn. And the strategy for every trade will just continue to improve.

I hope this helps. This is not just applicable in the crypto market but in any other market. It can be the stock, forex, options, etc.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2058
Merit: 165

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 05:45:03 PM

I can't say there is an escape in altcoins trading because they're just another headache to new traders into cryptocurrency. Well, maybe you can try holding for time being as you await a price spike from the tokens, sometimes you have to be smart with news or tweets from projects core team members or from CEOs for a possible pump. Most of my chances are from telegram groups that specialized in sharing of tweets from projects CEOs, when this is done ontime the token price must spikes up within few minutes after the tweets. Am a day trader and sometimes midterms trader.

mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:04:36 PM

One way to escape losing money by trading is to STOP trading totally. That is exactly one of the safest way to stop losing money. You should also consider the fact that gambling has higher risk but has better rewards. Another thing is to HODL some of the Alternate Coins that are currently making their name in the scene and wait for them to increase their values.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:07:51 PM

There is a trend in this market that most newbies dont notice. Every traders with intention to make money does not take side, never fully in bitcoin or altcoins, go where the money is. It is time to lower yourself in bitcoin to multiply the same bitcoin. I only seek altcoin with bitcoin pair trade, invariably will result trading in fiat. Consequently more trade for btc/fiat increases, thats how new money flows into bitcoin and in the space, it will be seen with more value of stable coin.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:32:37 PM

actually the market is not 100 predictable even though you apply the pattern that you usually use or you believe that when you are going to buy the price will go up, it could be the opposite, of course speculation and predictions help us predict market price movements rather than doing nothing and buying without considering it first, it's just that losses will also come to you, when it comes you can minimize it.
yes of course cryptocurrency price movements will be very difficult to predict so maybe to be able to get a profit then you must be able to trade patiently in the sense that you buy a coin after that you can wait for it to rise, use a system like this to be able to make a profit, because if you wait patiently will definitely get a very good one.
kerjakuat

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:37:32 PM

That is why we have a chart to look at before investing any king of investment. You sure doesnt wanna buy at high right. It can be predicted but more to guess by looking the graph and the current situation of the market. it will minimize the loss rather then blinding buy on the market. To be a trader you must have to be patient to wait the market price so you can buy at the correct time or you will be loss if you are not very impatient to wait the correct market to get in.. 

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1190
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2020, 06:41:13 PM

This is the great work of doing to escape losses, but it is the same as an investment via fiat. Alos to what point we can wait to enter is the crucial decision. Let us say you enter and again it goes downside, you will still incur losses.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:45:23 PM

Why not do it this way ?

You are right and as far as i know most traders have already moved to usdt or other stablecoin pairs just to confirm the profits.
New traders coming for other financial markets like forex or commodity also trade usdt pairs because they want to be clear about their regular profits.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:55:14 PM

The issue about converting profits to fiat or stablecoin is because you loose out of the pumps. We always want to keep profiting out of the market and this is one of the reasons why we end up loosing everything. My advice is to always take some profit and convert to fiat. Holding fiat is much safer than cryptocurrency on an exchange, as we all know, anything can happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: