Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:40:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Occupy Wall Street and BTC Prices  (Read 3042 times)
old_engineer

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 01:30:28 AM

18% internet access? Oh wow, okay, that's really bad.

But 73% has a.. car? I don't have a car! 97% television? Priorities? Huh More people have TWO televisions than have a PC?

Okay, I admit I am astonished by this graph. I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad.
That's the same stat that jumped out at me - really?!?  Admittedly, this is from 2003 and 2005, but still - 18% with Internet access at home?  If you were growing up in a house without Internet access, you'd likely be at a huge disadvantage to your Internet-enabled peers.  No Wikipedia for most poor children!

Oh, and televisions are basically free here in the US, $10 at any thrift store, and great entertainment compared to staring at a wall if you don't have Internet access.

@bittenbob:

The situation about the jobs and bad wages... well, duh, the labor market has been kicked out of equilibrium and nobody fixes it! The correct solution is to go the OPPOSITE direction first: facilitate for companies to create jobs at massive profit margins, then let the market compete for the workers to bring wages back up.

There you have it, a solution to an enormous global problem, and everybody ignores it. Might be due to the bad education.
The last graph in this series says it all: wages as a percentage of the economy is at an all-time low in the US:

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-wall-street-protesters-are-so-angry-about-2011-10?op=1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
old_engineer

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 01:37:18 AM

It seems to me that many of the people who are from the OWS movement would be supporters of the BTC movement. Given that so many of them are camping out in various occupy protests around the world I can't help but think that this is affecting current BTC prices through non activity/involvement from them. Just opening the door to a conversation here but I think this may have prices temporarily lower than they should be.

That's exactly what we need: An inflow of liberal blowhards with their hands out. Sounds awesome.

Fuck you and your myopic fantasy world where liberals are greedy parasites.  Wait a second, that sounds like the GOP... I think you're just projecting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 01:42:27 AM

It seems to me that many of the people who are from the OWS movement would be supporters of the BTC movement. Given that so many of them are camping out in various occupy protests around the world I can't help but think that this is affecting current BTC prices through non activity/involvement from them. Just opening the door to a conversation here but I think this may have prices temporarily lower than they should be.

That's exactly what we need: An inflow of liberal blowhards with their hands out. Sounds awesome.

Fuck you and your myopic fantasy world where liberals are greedy parasites.  Wait a second, that sounds like the GOP... I think you're just projecting.

And now a flashback from 1983!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLiai4gg_0Q

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalization_(making_excuses)

bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 01:53:03 AM

Liberal blowhards do exist, and do go to occupy. They are people who do things like take out government loans to attend artschool (and not cheap artschool) while wanting all debts in the united states forgiven. And yes these are people who know the degree won't help them get a job later. However, they have never bothered to find out how much private debt exists in the US. I would not say all liberals are blowhards though. I would also not say all of those people who seem like blowhards at first sight are actually closed minded.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 02:05:39 AM

Also, conservative blowhards with their hands out (oil subsidies, etc) are far worse.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: