Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:55:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone seen/used this MOBO before?  (Read 176 times)
lucky_buddha (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2020, 11:33:21 PM

I am new to mining and trying to build up my first budget home rig. I found this motherboard on ebay which i believe is a knock off asrock h110 pro. Link is below.. Would this be worth a try?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pro-6-GPU-16GB-8-Ports-LGA-1150-SATA-Mining-Motherboard-For-ETH-RIG-BTC-Miner/293502150084
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 6424

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 12:27:09 AM

You shouldn't be buying any of these knockoffs, you may buy a knockoff shirt, shoes, hand watch and etc. but never an electronic piece, especially not something you intend to plug a good amount of expensive GPUs to, if you want to mine, do it the right way, buy the real equipment, there are no short-cuts.

On a side note, this is bitcoin mining board, you should move this topic to Altcoins Mining

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 04:11:16 AM

These days everybody is getting out of mining and they are selling all their mining gear really cheap. Currently with $0.10 kwh power you make $0/day. And this is the industry average. Many have power above that figure.

So go on your local craiglist and you will probably find those of cheap mining mobos that people are trying to get rid of. With mining motherboards usually gamers never buy them because there is no demand. Hence the prices will be very cheap. Hence there are many GPUs, PSUs, motherboards, low end CPUS which are really cheap.
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 11, 2020, 11:20:41 AM

I am new to mining and trying to build up my first budget home rig. I found this motherboard on ebay which i believe is a knock off asrock h110 pro. Link is below.. Would this be worth a try?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pro-6-GPU-16GB-8-Ports-LGA-1150-SATA-Mining-Motherboard-For-ETH-RIG-BTC-Miner/293502150084

I can get the motherboard here in my country for 120$ which is brand new, its not a smart move buying knockoff motherboards, they mostly disappoints, moreover mining is not worth it anymore unless you have huge money to build a mining farm

lucky_buddha (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 08:14:42 PM

Alright thanks everyone. Yeah I was leary about it, was mostly curiosity to figure out what kind of equipment I can get away with at the end of the day.
JayDDee

Activity: 1400
Merit: 222

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 09:45:54 PM

Just use an old PC with PCIe slots. Get a good PSU, GPUs, risers and you're good to go.

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2020, 05:53:20 AM

Just use an old PC with PCIe slots. Get a good PSU, GPUs, risers and you're good to go.

this, or something like the Onda boards... they are very solid for mining.... I <3 my D8P

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: