Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:23:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is OKEX a good exchange?  (Read 1285 times)
Christabel247

Activity: 555
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 12:09:01 AM

For the past few years i have been in the industry, i have been making use of OKex as i know is a very good exchange and has much trading volume (Liquidity) so any coin or token got listed their will be luck to get to the pick verse so that is much gain for earlier investors.
bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 2225

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2020, 08:56:38 PM

Okex has already resumed withdrawals. Withdrawl was possible at 2020-11-26 at 08:00 UTC. And already the next mined bitcoin block included 2,822 BTC from Okex Exchange.  Shocked And the end of this day a total amount of 24,631 bitcoins was moved from the exchange.
It seems many user doesn't trust them anymore.

Source: https://www.coindesk.com/okex-sees-biggest-bitcoin-outflow-for-6-months-soon-after-resuming-withdrawals

Annabelle75

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2021, 12:41:41 PM

I had a long-running error with the UK android app -- it had stopped working entirely, so I couldn't log in.

Hundreds of messages to support only returned mostly canned text -- making me think many of their support "people" are poorly coded AI bots -- and infuriating circular answers. Dozens of requests to escalate to someone in authority only returned canned answers. I eventually wrote directly to upper management, to my surprise they responded and my account was quickly reset and I was able to use the web interface to withdraw.

Of course this resolved the day before the multisig drama, so I waited that out patiently.

There do seem to be ongoing problems,
1) fake volume being one of them (which seems a common ploy https://cryptobriefing.com/hitbtc-insolvent-scams-users-cybercrime/ and OKEx has addressed it)
2) it does appear they're using coded-by-non-English-speakers AI bots positioned as "real" tech people for English-language support. Alternatively, they're rapidly on-boarding tech personnel with specific instructions to respond quickly, if not intelligently, to placate people frustrated with wait times.
3) Their founder has, at the least, put his name on other projects of questionable ethics and "ponzi-like" structure. Could just be a quest for rapid growth and other peoples' fraud ensnaring him.

But in the end the current management seem up-front and they do seem to be trying to run a legitimate, secure exchange. On thing that lends to this conclusion: Their CEO is an American citizen. Penalties for crypto/cyber fraud there are severe, and America projects it law enforcement authority worldwide, I just can't see an educated, intelligent person taking this high-profile job if he couldn't ensure it was legit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: