Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:00:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will another altcoin rise to overtaken Bitcoin?  (Read 2755 times)
kceekcee

Activity: 211
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 11:12:40 AM

Taking into consideration the nature and redundancy of Bitcoin technology and the difficulty in scaling, I am very curious to know if Bitcoin protocol will be dropped one day and another coin build to take its place. because now it's almost like the redundancy of Bitcoin and the time it takes for a transaction to be processed is part of what is affecting its mainstream adoption as a currency. please share your thoughts.

If you think a rise in price means overtaken a present coin; then you do not understand how it works.
There are several tokens worth more than ripple and etherum in price; but they are very very far from overtaking etherum or ripple.

Bitcoin size is the largest, in both volume and day trade; or even market size; in adoption, bitcoin also leads the way; it is incredibly impossible to just override and overtake bitcoin
Zazzu

Activity: 518
Merit: 256

Living the truth....

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 11:13:23 AM

I still believe that bitcoin is always unique in this market. There are no projects that can replace bitcoin because it is so popular, many people hope that ETH can do that, but until now ETH is still disappointing for many people and it is growing very slowly
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 07:21:26 PM

Bitcoin's dominance in the market is way too big for any altcoin to take over it that quick. It might take a lot of years, or it may not happen since bitcoin is the trusted and most successful crypto. There might be a lot of altcoins that is better than bitcoin in regards to speed, transaction cost and etc., but we cannot remove the fact that people love bitcoin because of it's potential not just as a technology, but also as an investment.
The problem for altcoins is that as time passes and more people begin to get involved in this market and decide to invest their money in bitcoin the more difficult it is going to become to surpass bitcoin as all of those people that have invested their money in it are going to be very reluctant to abandon bitcoin for another coin regardless of how good it could be, altcoins had a chance to surpass bitcoin when it was really young but now that there are billions of dollars invested in it I do not see how that is going to happen.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 08:55:56 PM

there is no altcoin that can overtake or even replace bitcoin now or in the future, bitcoin has a very large dominance. If bitcoin is replaced it means it's the beginning of the destruction of cryptocurrency
That's right, I totally agree with this statement that you said, because the average Altcoin is based on an existing system and even looks at examples in Bitcoin, so it's clear that any coin won't be able to replace Bitcoin at any time.

We're not talking about an average altcoin here. There is a possibility that an altcoin completely different from Bitcoin will offer people something that will push it to become a mainstream currency.

For that to happen Bitcoin wil have to fail first and become hackable or too slow and outdated. I wouldn't expect something like that to happen in the next 5 years but it's possible. We're talking general terms not here and now.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 09:07:52 PM

there is no altcoin that can overtake or even replace bitcoin now or in the future, bitcoin has a very large dominance. If bitcoin is replaced it means it's the beginning of the destruction of cryptocurrency
That's right, I totally agree with this statement that you said, because the average Altcoin is based on an existing system and even looks at examples in Bitcoin, so it's clear that any coin won't be able to replace Bitcoin at any time.

We're not talking about an average altcoin here. There is a possibility that an altcoin completely different from Bitcoin will offer people something that will push it to become a mainstream currency.

For that to happen Bitcoin wil have to fail first and become hackable or too slow and outdated. I wouldn't expect something like that to happen in the next 5 years but it's possible. We're talking general terms not here and now.
if you discuss about cryptocurrency that can be hacked then all cryptocurrency currently available have the potential to be hacked and everything can be drained so everything in cryptocurrency is indeed not safe, therefore cryptocurrency has a very high risk.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 09:25:57 PM

if you discuss about cryptocurrency that can be hacked then all cryptocurrency currently available have the potential to be hacked and everything can be drained so everything in cryptocurrency is indeed not safe, therefore cryptocurrency has a very high risk.

Not all cryptocurrency use the same encryption and blockchain as bitcoin so a failure of Bitcoin doesn't mean a failure of the whole ecosystem.

We would be starting from scratch because the trust in crypto would be undermined but it would not be the end.

A hack is only an example. We were very close to Bitcoin being called a failure when it bottlenecked and it costed $100 to send a fast transaction. The rest was pending for hours and even days. Something like that could make another coin look attractive like it made BCH look attractive for a few months.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 05:30:58 AM

There will be no coin like bitcoin ever, bitcoin value is very high because the coin supply is very limited.
Many bitcoins lost from the owner due lost private key, lost wallet and resulting bitcoin became very valuable. The conclusion is, there won't be any altcoin rise and overtake bitcoin.

tunapa

Activity: 667

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 05:54:31 AM

Every support goes to Bitcoin, this is very difficult of a thing not to do. Unless if Bitcoin Crashers and that will mean a kind of restart or game over here.
IShishkin

Activity: 76
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 01:24:18 AM

Will another altcoin rise to overtaken Bitcoin?

It's inevitable. I'm sure it will happen during our lifetime.
DrawAthens031

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 06:15:12 PM

If you talking about overtake the mother of crypto, well for ,me it is a day dream to . But who knows about future what will happen in future truly who knows at all . Right now it is the more difficult question to replace it from its base . BY the nature of bitcoin so far in blockchain i don't i think so another altcoin rise to overtaken Bitcoin yet at all . Thanks

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 06:35:57 PM

No. Actually bitcoin is just getting started and we have just started the journey of adoption and i think in next 5 to 10 years btc mass adoption will become a reality and the price will be between 1 to 10 million per btc and then we may see a better or revilutionary innovation or coin proje t that may overtake btc but currently i do not see there is any threat of this type in the market right now.

Ifemini

Activity: 690
Merit: 12

There are consequences for every action

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2020, 06:36:36 PM

Taking into consideration the nature and redundancy of Bitcoin technology and the difficulty in scaling, I am very curious to know if Bitcoin protocol will be dropped one day and another coin build to take its place. because now it's almost like the redundancy of Bitcoin and the time it takes for a transaction to be processed is part of what is affecting its mainstream adoption as a currency. please share your thoughts.

There is no token or project that has the might to challenge bitcoin dominance on the space.
We can rather call it that bitcoin is crypto currency and crypto currency is bitcoin, because most of the time all trades investments done by us are all converted back to bitcoin
mekar sari

Activity: 1302
Merit: 501

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 06:37:26 PM

reasonable thing when bitcoin goes up altcoin top will definitely go up and proven, we see altcoin top rises even though not as high as bitcoin,
I prediction the price of altcoin top continues to rise albeit slowly

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 01:37:03 AM

From my opinion, any altcoins won't be able to overtake bitcoin in cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin is the most trusted coin in crypto because many peoples know btc. Common peoples doesn't know about altcoin like eth or ltc, but they know about bitcoin if we ask them.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 05:31:42 AM

I'd rather see ethereum take over Bitcoin in coming years because Bitcoin is getting old, ethereum still have better use case than bitcoin, we can only wait and see how the future will play out
Ethereum can and should strengthen its position, but Bitcoin will remain Bitcoin. I think that no cryptocurrency will ever rise to the price of bitcoin. Bitcoin is really aging slowly, because other types of cryptocurrencies are developing at a very fast pace. What will happen next is difficult to say. Big changes are expected with the advent of stable national coins of states, that is, the digitized currencies of their central banks.
Olaphash

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 05:41:27 AM

I don't see any altcoin taking over BTC in many years to come. They are just going to have new concepts but can't take over. Correct me if I'm wrong, BTC dominance is over 50$ in the marketcap.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 06:03:34 AM

As much as I wish for some altcoins which has some real world use case to raise and go above Bitcoin I don't think it's likely to happen in the near future. Bitcoin has become like gold.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 06:19:40 AM

This problem has been going on for a long time but the whales can't do that. they are the market leader and because bitcoin has no one to control it, they take it as the dominant coin. The life of bitcoin is considered as the life of the whole market. if it collapses, the whales will leave and will create another game. Therefore, even if any alts have good technology, it will not be able to replace Bitcoin.
santosmichael

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 07:07:49 AM

yes, because nothing is impossible, anything can happen,
but with a note, that altcoin can replace the advantages of bitcoin,, such as Freedom of Payment,, Choose your own costs,, Low risk for sellers,, Security and control,, Transparent and neutral.

but in my opinion the possibility will be very small, because bitcoin is like the parent of crytocurrency, all of it sticks with bitcoin, so to replace it will be very difficult.
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2020, 07:59:46 AM

This won't happen. Not in the lifetime of Bitcoin. It's sad that this topic is the line that most emerging coins of 2017-2019 used as their headline if wanting to replace Bitcoin. None if them could enter top 10. Bitcoin will be moderated and remain king as long as crypto stands
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: