Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:07:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BonusCoin (BNS) 8 Exchanges|Bonuses|Multipool|PoS Soon|SHA256  (Read 94573 times)
bit-bit

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:06:57 PM

Eagerly awaiting launch  Grin
bonuscoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:41:12 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 02:57:09 AM by bonuscoin

Great to see all the pools signing up.

By the way I'm one of the BonusCoin devs, if you have any questions about the wallet feel free to PM me (I'll also be watching our subreddit).

I like the idea of this coin, but if you're a dev, why make a newbie account just for it? Wouldn't it give the coin more momentum and credibility to use your regular account?

Kaishi has been doing mining and has done large development projects outside of the crypto currency world.  Hes one of the best developers I've met.  One of our goals with this coin was to try to attract new and old crypto adopters and knowing his skill sets he was a perfect person to bring on board to give a varied and technical view on the dev team.  I asked him to come in and introduce himself because I was getting a couple of detailed technical questions I was translating for him.  

He's more than capable of handling anything you can throw at him. Smiley  

Im not doubting his abilities, its just that all these new coins come out and everyone always makes a new account for it so for all we know they could all be the same person or group of people. If someone were to use their regular account they would seem more commited, like CaiShen coin is doing. One of their devs is a pool operator, his reputation is on, and the coin is getting a lot of buzz. In the end the choice is up to you guys, I just thought it would be a good idea.

I appreciate you following BonusCoin.  The truth is what I said before, hes been involved in crypto outside a little but never as a dev.  So, was never involved in the forums.  That said, he has many years of great development experience outside crypto.  So, that is his account.  He wanted to introduce himself here.  

I did check out the coin you mentioned.  I don't know anything about it.  But, oddly its an Chinese named IPO coin released by known devs. The only one I can remember at this point is PandaCoin.  They even had VERY well established devs, the team that created UNO!  But if you've followed cryptocurrency, you probably know how that turned out. If not, feel free to look the story up, its pretty sad. 

No idea how that coin will turn out but don't like IPO coins.  IPO coins are in my opinion highly questionable. The dev team I understand wants to get paid, but wants to take all of their personal risk out.  Which leaves them less caring about the success or failure of their coin.  If their coin succeeds, great.  If it fails, they were paid prior to launch anywa.

I think you'll find that our motivation is directly in line with all of the BonusCoin community. If it succeeds, we'll be happy.  If it fails, we fail with it. Our interests and our goals are directly in line with our supporters and our community.

And honestly, we have NO intention to fail.  We want BonusCoin to be a success and we have a great team in place to do that.  

I hope you join us on launch, I'm sure we'll help to prove that!
bonuscoin (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:05:00 AM

We're right on schedule!

Appreciate the support.
palawan

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:27:51 AM

We're right on schedule!

Appreciate the support.

Just a request; I understand if it's not possible.  Would you be able to post the Linux source code on github  15 minutes early?

I have to compile on a slow netbook (Atom processor) and it takes about 45 minutes.

Thanks!

halu
bonuscoin (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:33:22 AM

Eagerly awaiting launch  Grin

We're right on schedule!

Appreciate the support.

Just a request; I understand if it's not possible.  Would you be able to post the Linux source code on github  15 minutes early?

I have to compile on a slow netbook (Atom processor) and it takes about 45 minutes.

Thanks!

We can't post it early or someone who can compile it in 1 min will do so and make the launch unfair.

That said, we've been preparing a fair launch plan that should alleviate some of your issues.

I'll get a full update tomorrow, but I believe we'll be going with a custom difficulty adjustment algorithm for first 2800 blocks to stabilize the launch.  Then it'll switch to KGW, which should keep everything very solid and fair.  Meaning KGW will kick in ~4 days in.

So, being a few mins late to the launch party shouldn't hurt that much.
palawan

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:58:52 AM

Eagerly awaiting launch  Grin

We're right on schedule!

Appreciate the support.

Just a request; I understand if it's not possible.  Would you be able to post the Linux source code on github  15 minutes early?

Thanks!

We can't post it early or someone who can compile it in 1 min will do so and make the launch unfair.

That said, we've been preparing a fair launch plan that should alleviate some of your issues.

I'll get a full update tomorrow, but I believe we'll be going with a custom difficulty adjustment algorithm for first 2800 blocks to stabilize the launch.  Then it'll switch to KGW, which should keep everything very solid and fair.  Meaning KGW will kick in ~4 days in.

So, being a few mins late to the launch party shouldn't hurt that much.

Very nice!  Thanks.  Excited for the launch.  I put 5 reminders on my Google Calendar, lol

halu
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 04:59:04 AM

Looking forward to launch... I'll have my S1s ready to go.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
ddwy758

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:25:31 AM

China to promote cottage currency QQ group: 375065944
Chinese coin-trading  QQ group:342805974

bonuscoin (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:08:28 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 02:21:19 PM by bonuscoin

Well be ready to handle them.  Thanks for joining us!

Expecting a great launch, been getting some great feedback from everyone.

Also, we've already got 2 exchanges committed as soon as we launch.  

But wanted to encourage anyone who want to vote for BonusCoin on CryptoRush.
https://www.cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote

We've got 2500+ votes and are working our way up!

tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 04:48:53 PM

If anyone is wondering what pool to use.  I used hardcoreminers for DIEM when it launched and they were very stable with minimal orphans.  That's where I'll be.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:22:35 PM

i quite like the look of this coin. groovy wallet too.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
cryptzilla

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:29:48 PM

But wanted to encourage anyone who want to vote for BonusCoin on CryptoRush.

We've got 2500+ votes and are working our way up!

Signed up for the pool and I've got my ANT ready to go -- I think. It seems to work fine on other pools, so hopefully it all works smoothly with your coin.

Looking forward to launch!

P.S. Voted on cryptorush.
Pool Op2

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:46:31 PM

Bns.LightningHash.com
1 MINUTE PROP PAYOUTS
         Vardiff / Stratum        
REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN!
Bns.LightningHash.com

Multi-Pool Auto Switching at http://lightninghash.com
Kaishi

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 10:51:13 PM

The dev team has been working on refining our launch-time difficulty algorithms. Our goal was to make sure the difficulty ramps up correctly at launch, but also is able to transition into KGW to protect us from multipools.

We figured this would be interesting to folks here and wanted to share the details with you. At launch, the first 120 blocks will act as a ramping period. The intervals are 6 blocks and will increase by a maximum of 250%. This should get the difficulty into a meaningful level rather quickly and allow a much fairer launch.

After 120, for the next 2760 blocks the difficulty will adjust on 60 block intervals with up to 200% difficulty increases. This will help smooth the difficulty levels and stabilize the difficulty before a modified Kimoto Gravity Well (“KGW”) kicks in.

Roughly around Day 4, on block 2880, KGW will settled in and control the block difficulty on every block change. The settings are a minimum look back period of 72 blocks (10% of the daily rate) and a maximum smoothing range of 1800 (2.5 days). The event horizon is set to: 1 + (0.7084 * (PastBlocksMass/72)^(-1.228)) to help generate a smooth curve.

There may be a slight blip in difficulty when KGW kicks in, depending on the hashrates we're seeing, so don't panic. KGW should settle any blips within a few intervals.
Hundsstern

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:31:32 AM

http://www.crycoco.de.vu/

I'm waiting for this one.
bonuscoin (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:02:37 AM

http://www.crycoco.de.vu/

I'm waiting for this one.

Thanks.  Excited you added us!
bonuscoin (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:33:16 AM

Just looked at our CryptoRush voting.

Doing well considering we're not lauched yet.  Already #10..  With everyone support and a good launch we could get listed there relatively quickly.

Anyone who voted, thanks and keep it up.

That said, we already have commitments with 2 great exchanges so it'll just add additional liquidity to the coin!

Already committed exchanges!
http://www.cryptokopen.eu
http://www.bittrex.com
MCCPool

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:57:16 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 05:58:02 AM by MCCPool

Open for Pre-regs at :

http://bns.minecryptocoins.org/images/MCC_banner.png

===>> bns.minecryptocoins.org <<===

PPLNS, Full Block Rewards, Vardiff, 1 % Pool Fee, DDOS-Protected.

We will also be offering a Block Finders Bonus of 20 BNS for the 1st week.
sx1234

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:45:50 PM

Launch tommorow..

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:47:13 PM

Launch tommorow..

looking forward to it, but it's middle of the night for me, will I be able to point my miner at a pool when I go to bed and it'll kick in hashing at launch, or not?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: