Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:55:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BonusCoin (BNS) 8 Exchanges|Bonuses|Multipool|PoS Soon|SHA256  (Read 94573 times)
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:28:05 PM

Just curious... why can't we have access to the wallet yet?  That way I could set up my payout address.

Something to do with solomining?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Namun

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:30:03 PM

Just curious... why can't we have access to the wallet yet?  That way I could set up my payout address.

Something to do with the coin not being launched yet.
PRE-ANN

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:30:58 PM

Everyone ready for the launch? While you are waiting learn more about bonus coin. I sat down with one of the devs and asked them all about Bonus coin.  Everything down to the coinception.  http://www.pre-ann.com/blog/2014/3/26/pre-ann-bonus-coin
bonuscoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:31:51 PM

Sorry if I came over badly with my previous postings. I hope I didn't put anyone off.

Credit where credit is due - wallets downloaded before is a good move, and more launches should be done that way.

No sweat.  I have no problem defending our work.  Can't grow without any criticism.

Hopefully you'll give us a shot and hopefully we'll impress. Smiley
cryptzilla

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:34:31 PM

You can register here anytime or if you already have an account with us, create your workers.

Namun, what software are you running? Your pool looks really nice.
tripppn

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:34:40 PM

But what does is hurt to have you wallet?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
bonuscoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:41:21 PM

The wallet can connect to the seed node and allow for mining.  So, if you have the wallet (which is the daemon for the miner) you  can begin mining as well.  So, wallets are locked until release time. 

You can download the zip and we'll simply post the password to them at release time.  Didn't want everyone wasting their time downloading at the last minute.  Also, I think it's also more fair this way as anyone with any connection speed can be ready at launch waiting for the Password to be posted to the main page.
tripppn

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:41:43 PM

Everyone ready for the launch? While you are waiting learn more about bonus coin. I sat down with one of the devs and asked them all about Bonus coin.  Everything down to the coinception.  http://www.pre-ann.com/blog/2014/3/26/pre-ann-bonus-coin
Great blog.  Thanks for sharing.  

― Frank Zappa
tripppn

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:43:55 PM

Just curious... why can't we have access to the wallet yet?  That way I could set up my payout address.

The wallet can connect to the seed node and allow for mining.  So, if you have the wallet (which is the daemon for the miner) you  can begin mining as well.  So, wallets are locked until release time.  

You can download the zip and we'll simply post the password to them at release time.  Didn't want everyone wasting their time downloading at the last minute.  Also, I think it's also more fair this way as anyone with any connection speed can be ready at launch waiting for the Password to be posted to the main page.

Cool.  I was just wondering.  I had a feeling it had to do with mining but I've never solo mined so I didn't know what part the wallet has in mining.  Also never mined a coin from the very start.

― Frank Zappa
cryptzilla

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:44:05 PM

I may not understand this correctly, but from what I've pieced together about cryptocurrencies, wouldn't an early release possibly cause a lot of forks that would need to be resolved? I won't pretend that I understand forks with any detail, but if I was mining my own chain with my ANT miner and you were mining with your miner, when the launch occurred wouldn't there  be two (or more) chains that would need to merge into a single chain?
bonuscoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:51:48 PM

I may not understand this correctly, but from what I've pieced together about cryptocurrencies, wouldn't an early release possibly cause a lot of forks that would need to be resolved? I won't pretend that I understand forks with any detail, but if I was mining my own chain with my ANT miner and you were mining with your miner, when the launch occurred wouldn't there  be two (or more) chains that would need to merge into a single chain?

Yes, that's possible.  But, we won't let it happen. Smiley

There are many reasons, but the main point now is simply to get a fair launch.  No one can get the wallet until it is released fully to everyone. 

And we're going to make this as fair as we can.  We want a solid launch.

Just about 4 hours to go!
Namun

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:20:57 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 01:18:01 AM by Namun

Namun, what software are you running? Your pool looks really nice.

Thanks. We're running MPOS like all other pools but modified to support a single login for all coins and the interface is fully customized as well.
Chivas12

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:26:09 PM

6 Hours to go!

blah blah blah, i'll be asleep, remind me in the morning.  Roll Eyes
If you are going to sleep through, but still want to be in on the launch:-
You can configure your miner with BonusCoin as your main, and another pool as your failover. The failover will mine until BonusCoin is launched

./cgminer  -o stratum+tcp://bns.minecryptocoins.org:3343 -u [LoginId.WorkerID] -p [WorkerPassword] --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://[failover_pool] -u [FailoverUserID.Worker] -p [FailoverWorkerPassword]

Or, I recommend CGWatcher, makes it all much simpler to configure.

http://bns.minecryptocoins.org/images/MCC_banner.png

How can i configure my Antminer with "failover-only" .. Huh Smiley
battsali

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:27:11 PM

hi
the file in archive is one(for windows), that means needs installation

is there a wallet without installation needed?

thanks
tripppn

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:35:28 PM

6 Hours to go!

blah blah blah, i'll be asleep, remind me in the morning.  Roll Eyes
If you are going to sleep through, but still want to be in on the launch:-
You can configure your miner with BonusCoin as your main, and another pool as your failover. The failover will mine until BonusCoin is launched

./cgminer  -o stratum+tcp://bns.minecryptocoins.org:3343 -u [LoginId.WorkerID] -p [WorkerPassword] --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://[failover_pool] -u [FailoverUserID.Worker] -p [FailoverWorkerPassword]

Or, I recommend CGWatcher, makes it all much simpler to configure.

How can i configure my Antminer with "failover-only" .. Huh Smiley

I assume your talking about an S1.  just set up your bonus pool as pool #1 and your normal pool as 2.  The bonus pool wll be dead will launch and it'll mine on your normal pool then once bonus opens the gates the pool will come alive and your ant will automatically switch

― Frank Zappa
lajz99

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:35:57 PM

I'm planning to jump on http://bonus.hashing.at/

chromosoma

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:40:57 PM

I will go solo with my 10.2 GHS Smiley
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:54:27 PM

OPEN FOR PRE-REGISTRATION
WE WILL BE READY AT LAUNCH TIME

Pity the Pool!  BonusCoin (BNS) Pool

- Solid servers, UPS/generator backups
- Redundant internet
- 1.5% fee
- Dedicated equipment - we own the hardware, we own the data center

http://bns.pitythepool.com

bonuscoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:58:36 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 11:09:27 PM by bonuscoin

Ok, this is for all you linux guys and pool  operators that are going to pull the GitHub files.  This should assist you in a speedier release if you want to do it.

Windows and Mac will just need the wallets and the password we'll release at launch time.

But, here goes.  At launch time full GitHub  source will be released, but the  idea here it to allow anyone with a slower compile time to help speed them up pre-launch.

If your not absolutely sure what we're describing below, I'd suggest simply waiting until fully released and compiling the way you've done in the past.

[WARNING: This is only for people who understand git, how to compile coins, etc. This is not for beginners or the faint of heart!

We heard from a few people, and pool operators, that getting the source early would assist them. We also know that it'll be late in Europe, so for anyone waking up, this should let you get back to sleep quicker. We can't release the full source, for reasons previously stated, but our developers got together and decided that we could release "most" of it early minus a few critical files. This should allow people to pre-compile a good portion of the source, and cut down on the compilation time required. At launch time this evening, we'll post the missing files.

We aren't aware of any other coins doing this, so this very well may be a first -- and something we hope to see in the future. We're entirely in favor of fair launches, and we do believe a fair launch should include those who may not have the worlds fastest machines, limited bandwidth, etc.

So to that end, about 98% of the source has been posted to:

http://github.com/bonuscoin/bonuscoin - NOTE full release files will NOT be there until launch time.

Anyone with enough knowledge is welcome to clone the source and start partial compilation now. The code will compile up to the point where it requires one of the missing files and stop. So when errors get thrown out -- don't freak out -- it's supposed to break. At launch time, anyone who has chosen to use this method will need to pull the missing files to their clone and finish the build.

The exact amount of time this will save will vary depending on your setups, but it should shave down the time some. When we said we wanted your feedback and we're listening to it, we meant it.

Keep it coming!

Launch in ~3 hours!
bitimize

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:27:49 PM

Excited for launch... just received my antminer u1 and ready to dominate Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: