Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:02:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: More Bits on freetalklive.com  (Read 3061 times)
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 07:08:35 AM

Mybitcoin was amazing, reliable, and innovative. but they got hacked.

Mybitcoin was not hacked,  they planned to steal everyones money from day one.

Roger, I generally love your work - but that's an unfounded claim.

You are right.  I was wrong.
I have edited my original post to reflect this.

I'm sorry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 08:00:44 AM

One of the things talked about on the in Roger Ver's interview on freetalklive, was the issue of trust.

how can anyone trust a bitcoin businesses?

the answer was simple and true, You just have to find out if the bitcoin business is trusted by the community.

with that said, if you have ever used your bitcoins to buy a product or service it is important you post a review on http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/

newbies often come to thebitcoinreview.com to find  products and services. (about 1,000 hits a day)

help build trust! post a comment or review.

Note: i will mention thebitcoinreview.com, when the issues of trust comes up, it would be nice to be able to say lots of sites have been reviewed

netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 12:27:08 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2011, 12:56:14 AM by netrin

with that said, if you have ever used your bitcoins to buy a product or service it is important you post a review on http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/

Hey AdamstgBit, Is there a dedicated thread where I can post a comment/constructive critique to your potentially invaluable service? I've been happy with OTC-WOT, but am amazed by the HIGH number of crypto-currency users who do not know of PGP much less use it. I would like to see a (ideally decentralized) third party rating system with strong identity (linking to an account here, OTC, facebook mug, vel similia).

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 01:05:53 AM

Hey AdamstgBit, Is there a dedicated thread where I can post a comment/constructive critique to your potentially invaluable service? I've been happy with OTC-WOT, but am amazed by the HIGH number of crypto-currency users who do not know of PGP much less use it. I would like to see a (ideally decentralized) third party rating system with strong identity (linking to an account here, OTC, facebook mug, vel similia).

There is a thread on the Project Development board, your input is welcome.

that's the problem isn't it... we what everyone to use coins, but the newbie user quickly finds out he cant us it unless he knows IRC - PGP..etc, these things seem very simple to you, But is Way to much for common users.  (i have no clue what PGP is) wiki say PGP = Pretty Good Privacy...

Thank you

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 01:11:09 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49464.0 <- for comments and input about www.thebitcoinreview.com

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 05:08:01 AM

Which ones to avoid
  - e-Wallet services !  (we'll talk about Mybitcoin)

There is no reason to "avoid all ewallet services."  Instawallet has been amazing, reliable, and innovative. BTCinch.com is also really good, and I know the guys who run it personally - they will not be scamming anyone. Flexcoin has also been around quite a while without problems.

With ewallets, people just need to be careful and understand that they're trusting a 3rd party. For small amounts, the ease of ewallets generally outweighs the security concerns. For large amounts, ewallets are probably not prudent.

why is Instawallet  or BTCinch any different?

StrongCoin seems very safe.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 06:00:05 AM

Which ones to avoid

There is no reason to "avoid all ewallet services."  Instawallet has been amazing, reliable, and innovative. BTCinch.com is also really good, and I know the guys who run it personally - they will not be scamming anyone. Flexcoin has also been around quite a while without problems.

With ewallets, people just need to be careful and understand that they're trusting a 3rd party. For small amounts, the ease of ewallets generally outweighs the security concerns. For large amounts, ewallets are probably not prudent.

here's the thing.... if you hack StongCoin you get everyone's bits!

not a half bad incentive to hack away

westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 01:32:42 PM

Which ones to avoid

StrongCoin only stores your private keys in encrypted form. They never even see the unencrypted keys.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 06:26:29 AM

Which ones to avoid

StrongCoin only stores your private keys in encrypted form. They never even see the unencrypted keys.

if some points a gun to the owner of StrongCoin and says, "give me all the bits Bitch!"... the owner wont be able to give your coins for his life?

westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 03:11:13 PM

if some points a gun to the owner of StrongCoin and says, "give me all the bits Bitch!"... the owner wont be able to give your coins for his life?

No, he won't.

bc

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 07:24:00 PM

No, he won't.

True. StrongCoin doesn't encrypt the private keys - the users do.

"Democracy is the original 51% attack." - Erik Voorhees
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: