Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:39:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone booked a hotel using bitcoin  (Read 701 times)
pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 07:37:28 PM

There are many ways in which a bitcoin payment for a hotel or anything else is being made.

Some businesses want to attract Bitcoin users by giving them discounts which is a great idea. I'd use that.
Some give no additional bonuses but no costs either. I'd think twice because my Bitcoins are my investment and I'd rather spend fiat.
If there are additional costs and I'd have to spend more bitcoins than fiat I'd never do it.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 08:07:04 PM

Expedia has stopped accepting Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies for hotel bookings from 2018. Please check the facts and then reply. Please read this article
https://www.ccn.com/expedia-stops-accepting-bitcoin-driving-users-to-alternative-travel-sites/

Did you notice my use of the past tense? That means it's no longer the case. The past tense is handy and informative and helps us in day to day life.

For me payment system is not important. I will book hotel which i love, not one that support btc

Yes. Again I'm not going to inconvenience myself just for the sake of BTC. If there's nothing between a place that does take it and doesn't then I might lean towards the one that does. I won't stay in a shithole filled with dying hookers solely because of the payment option.
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 10:37:53 PM

~
Would you book a hotel using bitcoins?
It could be if the conditions are urgent. when I don't hold fresh money and only the alternative payment is provided. This can be a good sign because of the increasingly widespread adoption of crypto, the unpleasant thing is that prices are constantly changing, volatility issues, right?
Travel services, hotels, and the like are starting to utilize crypto niches, I am very interested in this innovation. Moreover, payments using crypto are not limited to regions.

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 11:11:39 PM

I guess this is another use of bitcoin as a payment method that we can be proud of. This would at least prove to all those antagonists of bitcoin adoption and legalization that indeed bitcoin can be used as a currency to purchase items and purchase services.
There's nothing new about it that can make me proud although I'm kind of disappointed with the fact that they charge more than the usual payment when using fiat. This goes the same to the other options of buying stuffs or even private property and one of the main reason I am thinking is that they may be charging you more because of the volatility of the price no matter where the price go it's a win-win for them.

Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 10:44:27 AM

There's nothing new about it that can make me proud although I'm kind of disappointed with the fact that they charge more than the usual payment when using fiat.
The difference is not that big to be honest. If they offer other crypto options like LTC, XRP etc, the difference could go even lower. Also, if LN is supported, the difference is pretty much negligible based on what I have observed.

This goes the same to the other options of buying stuffs or even private property and one of the main reason I am thinking is that they may be charging you more because of the volatility of the price no matter where the price go it's a win-win for them.
They will draw less customers thanks to the extra charges which is why it isn't exactly a win-win situation for them or the customers.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 05:59:48 PM

Obviously we would pay for a hotel with bitcoin. We would pay for anything we can with bitcoin that is the point. I am really glad that an international hotel place is an embracing crypto. I hope many more follow.
What I hope for the most is when a token is used to pay for services and rooms within the hotel. Using its very own crypto. Then even users who do not stay at the hotel may buy the crypto as an investment and instead of cashing out they can use some of the investment for a nice hotel visit.
online73

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

Ecowatt.io

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 11:41:34 PM

Hello to all. I hope in the coming years we will not be surprised that somewhere we paid for the service with Bitcoin. Of course, it's great that Bitcoin is used as a means of payment. If they accept Bitcoins in stores and in hotels, of course I will use this if it is more profitable than US dollars. Personally, for my work, I ask for payment in part in cryptocurrency and I think that this is very good.
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 11:59:29 PM

This is not news that I just heard, because not only hotels in Thailand that accept booked and paid using Bitcoin.
There are hotels in several countries in the world that accept Bitcoin payments, I plan to book hotels using this
Bitcoin. But since the spread of the corona virus has not decreased in several countries, it made me postpone my plans.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 03:20:01 AM

Obviously we would pay for a hotel with bitcoin. We would pay for anything we can with bitcoin that is the point. I am really glad that an international hotel place is an embracing crypto. I hope many more follow.
What I hope for the most is when a token is used to pay for services and rooms within the hotel. Using its very own crypto. Then even users who do not stay at the hotel may buy the crypto as an investment and instead of cashing out they can use some of the investment for a nice hotel visit.

A bitcoin-minded person will really help our community to grow, because they will notice that bitcoin has a lot of benefits especially in digital transactions.

This is just a simple way of bitcoin adoption, did you heard about those leaders who are sending bitcoin as a gift?

That's a very wholesome news, we need more of this kind of support and adoption, bitcoin is not only about store of value, source of profit, but it can be also more on a tool for transactions. But it still depends on the country you are in, some don't really legalized crypto and some legalized it. We should not always keep bitcoin, but instead tell them that it does really exist.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 03:40:26 AM

You used to be able to do it with Expedia. You used to be able to spend bitcoins in many more places than you can these days. That's hoarders for you.

The problem with a lot of travel options with Bitcoin is that they often charge you more. A lot of the flight places in particular are terrible for adding 30-80 dollars or don't have the usual options at all.

I see no reason to pay more for the honour of paying with BTC.

Travala looks about right though. I might investigate further.
Expedia one of the leading travel support platform once accepted bitcoin into their business. It is one amongst the earliest to accept bitcoin. During the year 2014 Expedia officially started to accept bitcoin. Further by the year 2018 this came to an end for some specific reason on revenues. It didn't received expected response from users of Expedia.

Source : Expedia Drops Bitcoin Payments, Official Confirms

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Agios

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 05:43:40 AM

It is not a Thai country that allows Bitcoin and Altcoin as a medium of exchange, but Travala.com which offers multi payment options, Credit card, USDT, Bitcoin and Altcoin etc.
mydona

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 05:56:07 AM

what if the prices were high, and I paid the price of a couple of nights cost due to the low price of BTC in the market now.
this means I don't benefit from having a small transaction fee.

i don't like the idea of having BTC in daily use more than being an asset for investing
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 06:22:13 AM

This is not news that I just heard, because not only hotels in Thailand that accept booked and paid using Bitcoin.
There are hotels in several countries in the world that accept Bitcoin payments, I plan to book hotels using this
Bitcoin. But since the spread of the corona virus has not decreased in several countries, it made me postpone my plans.
Same here. If not for the pandemic, me and my partner could be on another country right now spending some bitcoins. Well, I just think that maybe it's a blessing in disguise. At least we can save more bitcoins to spend more when we can finally get to travel and book a hotel. Grin

Great step for bitcoin, btw. At least we can see that bitcoin is slowly being recognized.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 06:27:05 AM

what if the prices were high, and I paid the price of a couple of nights cost due to the low price of BTC in the market now.
this means I don't benefit from having a small transaction fee.

i don't like the idea of having BTC in daily use more than being an asset for investing
The price of bitcoin will be showed in dollars and if you are planning to pay using them you need to forget about the long term valuation, the idea behind paying in bitcoin is to promote the cryptocurrency space and nothing else because there are other payment methods that would provide much better offers and i have not seen any payment method with bitcoin that gives a huge offer.

Personally i will not spent with bitcoin but i might change my stance in the future when the price becomes stable and if i get more offers than traditional payments.
Assface16678

Activity: 1386
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 06:38:11 AM

There are many ways in which a bitcoin payment for a hotel or anything else is being made.

Some businesses want to attract Bitcoin users by giving them discounts which is a great idea. I'd use that.
Some give no additional bonuses but no costs either. I'd think twice because my Bitcoins are my investment and I'd rather spend fiat.
If there are additional costs and I'd have to spend more bitcoins than fiat I'd never do it.

Can you drop a business that will support the use of the cryptocurrency as their payment because today in my country only a few businesses applied the use of this kind of support. I want to explore that kind of business right now. In my country, I just know almost four (4) business that is just a good thing we all need is to scan those barcodes and wait for the transaction confirmation it's more convenient.

Same here. If not for the pandemic, me and my partner could be on another country right now spending some bitcoins. Well, I just think that maybe it's a blessing in disguise. At least we can save more bitcoins to spend more when we can finally get to travel and book a hotel. Grin

Great step for bitcoin, btw. At least we can see that bitcoin is slowly being recognized.

With the use of the bitcoin its more easier to make a payment also this is cashless this is the most important because of this pandemic we want to avoid getting touch by the dirty things and we all know that the physical money is one of the dirtiest thing so this kind of bitcoin will change a lot of every transaction we made.

leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:54:05 AM

Well to be fair, almost nobody who ever uses Bitcoin to pay for something will ever involve the merchant accepting Bitcoin. In all the times I have seen Bitcoin accepted on a website, they use a 3rd party payment processor (like Bitpay is the most famous).

This means you send BTC to the processor, the merchant actually never gets any BTC but a fiat payment.

This is the way it works.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1767

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 08:21:34 AM

There is no actual moment that he is booked and paid using bitcoin. What do you guys think about it?

maybe that can happen, hotels are paid in Bitcoin, I think in Thailand there are many Bitcoin users so he created a payment system using Bitcoin.

Honestly, I'm not surprised that there are several countries in Asia that use payment systems with electronic currencies such as Bitcoin.
For example: in singapure some public services can also pay with crypto Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.
Such as: malls, hotels, toll roads, and many others.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bonjouros

Activity: 307
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 08:29:11 AM

Booking a hotel using a bitcoin is not new already especially that there are many platforms or company that accepts crypto payment for their services as crypto right now is
a good source of profit.

I love how Travala openly accepts crypto payments for hotel bookings as it will help to burst the acceptance of crypto currencies. If I have to book a hotel then I don't mind
booking using a bitcoin or crypto currencies.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 09:38:45 AM

As I browse through my social media account, facebook, I saw this post saying he booked a hotel in Thailand using bitcoin in Travala ( application for hotel and accommodation booking.

A quick view for Travala, the heart of this system is Travala token (AVA) which helps the platform offer tokenized incentives to its customers and any other user that can help the platform grow. ( quick google seach)

Here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-pLZzVO6s&fbclid=IwAR2urpi9mDQ9k-Rs-L5N5-KYUbwYen01SmXtAdwkhsY16E3w5iJff8Y718I

There is no actual moment that he is booked and paid using bitcoin. What do you guys think about it?

After this COVID-19 pandemic is over, I would not hesitate in trying Travala to book a hotel. Usually, I use Trivago, Agoda or Booking.com for the past two years in my travel schedules (both local and international). Slowly but surely, the travel industry starts adopting crypto and blockchain, which is a good thing.

For me, it’s all about creating awareness that crypto and blockchain can be integrated into travel and tourism industry. In the long run, we could see a lot of these travel booking sites accepting Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as payment method.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 10:01:04 AM

You can get fiat based (bitcoin loaded) VISA Debit cards, Coinbase do a really good trustworthy one. That way you can pay for EVERYTHING with crypto (via fiat).

https://www.coinbase.com/card

Exactly!!! You don't need to pay directly in crypto which might end up into a painful expenditure. Much better to top up using crypto and pay with fiat, that way even if in the future BTC or any other coin goes up you don't feel like an idiot having spent lots of money - not worth the risk or stress! Thus, I'd never pay directly via crypto, always looking for alternatives!

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████