Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:30:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SUPPORT THREAD] BFx2 Bitfury USB stick miner  (Read 27392 times)
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:28:40 PM

But I am curious what are the four LEDs for?
From the silkscreen, 3 of them appear to just be power indicators (one for the 3.3V regulator, one for the 1.8V regulator, and a separate one for the core voltage(?)), and the 4th one the usual status LED.

goodney (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:05:59 PM

From the silkscreen, 3 of them appear to just be power indicators (one for the 3.3V regulator, one for the 1.8V regulator, and a separate one for the core voltage(?)), and the 4th one the usual status LED.
Yup.
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:13:47 AM

ok, so here's what I am doing. using windows 7.

Step-1:
Insert USB, I see this auto installation

then, it shows it's ready

Step-2:
Installed latest cgminer (cgminer-4.2.2-windows), and use this command
Code:
cgminer.exe  -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u <USER> -p <PWD> --bxm-bits=54

Questions:
1. Can I use bfgminer?
2. Where did I go wrong? I see it says "I need to install a WinUSB driver for -BXM device". Do i still need to follow Zadig instructions even if it said the device is ready to use? i did try to run "zadig_2.1.0", but I wasn't to install anything succesfully. Please help.
stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:51:56 AM

So, I did "reinstall driver" and i am able to see this 1 USB I installed. Hope I didn't mess up any settings for my other devices.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 06:33:47 AM

ok, so here's what I am doing. using windows 7.
2. Where did I go wrong? I see it says "I need to install a WinUSB driver for -BXM device". Do i still need to follow Zadig instructions even if it said the device is ready to use? i did try to run "zadig_2.1.0", but I wasn't to install anything succesfully. Please help.
So install a winusb driver for it. Follow the cgminer instructions, not whatever windows thinks it's doing.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:38:30 AM

Note: BFx2 uses an uncommon (but not bad) design which means BFGMiner will also use WinUSB/Zadig for the driver on Windows platforms.

stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:33:22 PM

When I run these on my windows machine, I get disconnected from my internet after a few minutes of hashing. I have tried this many times now. It is something with these devices? as my dualminers and ants and BEs always ran for days and days without any issues like this. Any tips to fix this?

(I am using a usb adapter to connect to my wifi network at home)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:27:26 AM

BFx2 support merged into BFGMiner git (Windows builds can be obtained here).
Note that since it's impossible to tell it apart from various other devices (including BFL/Cairnsmore1 miners and even many non-mining devices!), you must run with the -S bfx:all option.
I do not know what this will do with other devices; it may start fires, launch nuclear missiles (please don't run BFGMiner on computers with missile controls), etc. (this warning is true of cgminer in general btw; BFGMiner is no less safe than that)

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 01:06:04 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 01:17:59 PM by klintay

When I run these on my windows machine, I get disconnected from my internet after a few minutes of hashing. I have tried this many times now. It is something with these devices? as my dualminers and ants and BEs always ran for days and days without any issues like this. Any tips to fix this?

Thats strange  Huh Huh Huh any ideas Goodney?

Is your usb wifi adapter running on the same hub? Is there a power surge or something?  Try plugging the wifi adapter into a different port.

Also it may be because your USB wifi adapter is being automatically turned off by windows for an unknown reason.

Solution:

Go to Device Manager (Control Panel\System\Hardware\Device Manager), and find the hub the wifi adapter is plugged into. On the last tab called "Power Management", disable the tick that says "Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power". This should be the thing that fixes it. If not, whilst in Device Manager, go to Network Adapters, and select Properties on the wifi adapter, and turn off its power saving options there as well...

What is the name of your usb wifi adapter?

Could also try the new compiled version of bfgminer and see if you still get the same problem.
goodney (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:54:53 PM

Thats strange  Huh Huh Huh any ideas Goodney?

That is indeed strange, I too am running my mining machine with 25 of these with a Wi-Fi adapter for the network. However, I am running linux.

My suggestion is to make sure the Wi-Fi adapter is on a different port, or if possible different root hub on the PC. This should separate the mining traffic from your Wi-Fi connection. How many miners are you running?

Could also try the new compiled version of bfgminer and see if you still get the same problem.

Yes, please try this. Thanks to Luke Jr. for his very quick work.

-a[g
chill

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

If you are getting dropped from wifi in Linux and you're using a Raspberry Pi it is because of wireless power-saving mode. Put the line "wireless-power off" in your /etc/network/interfaces file to fix this, then either restart wireless or reboot.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 03:28:58 AM

Can we reflash the firmware for these units using ubuntu?

I knew how to do it before with the old Red/Blue Fury miners  Cheesy
goodney (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:41:11 AM

Can we reflash the firmware for these units using ubuntu?

I knew how to do it before with the old Red/Blue Fury miners  Cheesy

There is no firmware to be flashed on these devices.
stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:15:49 AM

Note that since it's impossible to tell it apart from various other devices (including BFL/Cairnsmore1 miners and even many non-mining devices!), you must run with the -S bfx:all option.
I do not know what this will do with other devices; it may start fires, launch nuclear missiles (please don't run BFGMiner on computers with missile controls), etc. (this warning is true of cgminer in general btw; BFGMiner is no less safe than that)
So, using this?
Code:
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u <USERNAME> -p <PWD> -S bfx:all --bxm-bits=54

With cgminer, I still have the same issue of my computer getting disconnecting from the wireless network.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:10:47 AM

So, using this?
Code:
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u <USERNAME> -p <PWD> -S bfx:all --bxm-bits=54

With cgminer, I still have the same issue of my computer getting disconnecting from the wireless network.
Code:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u <USERNAME> -p <PWD> -S bfx:all --set bfx:osc6_bits=54

fydel

Activity: 522

Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:30:13 PM

Yup.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. I was blind.  Roll Eyes

And if the red led for the core voltage is not lit, it indicates that the device is not getting enough power from usb?

hamster
goodney (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:41:43 PM

And if the red led for the core voltage is not lit, it indicates that the device is not getting enough power from usb?

Hrm... it could indicate several fault conditions. The LED is lit when the VCORE regulator thinks the VCORE voltage is being regulated within tolerances. So:

Is the miner still working? How many GH/s?

Did the VCORE LED ever light? Or is this a new fault?

Can you try it on a powered USB hub or USB3 hub?

Does it light when you plug it in and then go out when mining starts? Or does it never light?

What is your clock bits set to?

Did you do the "pencil mod"?

Do have a multimeter? Do you know how to use it?  Wink
stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:15:48 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 06:43:54 PM by stex2009

Code:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u <USERNAME> -p <PWD> -S bfx:all --set bfx:osc6_bits=54
bfgminer working fine from the last 2 hours. Hopefully this fixes my problem of internet connection. Strange!
Avg speed of 4.28 ghs each (--set bfx:osc6_bits=54) running 6 of them together on a powered hub.
fydel

Activity: 522

Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:49:18 PM

Hrm... it could indicate several fault conditions. The LED is lit when the VCORE regulator thinks the VCORE voltage is being regulated within tolerances. So:

Is the miner still working? How many GH/s?

Did the VCORE LED ever light? Or is this a new fault?

Can you try it on a powered USB hub or USB3 hub?

Does it light when you plug it in and then go out when mining starts? Or does it never light?

What is your clock bits set to?

Did you do the "pencil mod"?

Do have a multimeter? Do you know how to use it?  Wink

Thank you for your detailed answer.

I think it was because my Anker 3.0 10 Port Hub can only handle six twin furies.
Whenever I plug in a seventh device the core voltage led wont lit while the other six are.

hamster
goodney (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:04:12 PM

Thank you for your detailed answer.

I think it was because my Anker 3.0 10 Port Hub can only handle six twin furies.
Whenever I plug in a seventh device the core voltage led wont lit while the other six are.
That's the easy answer.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: