Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:55:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you trade if you won't leave your coins on exchange  (Read 2301 times)
arufox

Activity: 1079
Merit: 193

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 05:11:14 PM

I leave my coin on the exchange so I can continue to trade that was I'm doing the gas is too expensive for now if you are going to transfer into wallet then you are going to transfer again into trading wallet it was very hassle and at the same time too much cost of gas if does happen and besides they can leave their coin on trusted exchange that they know that would not run.
All traders do like this, of course he will leave the coin on the exchanges rather than leave it on the wallet. But for holders, leaving it on exchanges is a bad idea.

And About OP question: As I know, Stellar wallet can possible to trade coin without leaving coins on exchanges because wallet and exchanges are integrated

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2020, 05:17:01 PM

withdrawal fees and gas are the usual complains when the prices of tokens rise. just like sending BTC, the fees is just unbearable when sometimes it peaks more than $10.
you may just wanna use some hybrid exchanges like they have the wallet app that you can connect to their exchange and so you can trade while your BTC still is in your wallet. there are several projects like this such as EIDOO.

EOS and TRON wallets works the same way that you can connect to the DEX they have. there is the tokenpocket to connect newdex but my fav is the tronlink. its just the easiest by far and you can then connect to poloniex or trontrade.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 05:31:44 PM

You simply can't because to trade with your coin you must use an exchange even its CEX or a DEX. What forum members say is true but not for every exchange. An exchange like Binance is reliable. Unwanted activity can happen everywhere. You can lose the privet key of your wallet. So I think it will not be a smart idea not to use exchange by thinking that exchange will be hacked.

If you are using a reputed and trustworthy exchange for storing some of the coins required for the trading purpose that is fine. But if you are a long-term holder than online would not be a safekeeping. Better to store it in nano ledger in offline wallet.

affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 05:44:13 PM

These words are just to warn us not to keep assets in the exchange wallet for too long without trading, because of the risk of hacking or other things, especially large amounts. better keep it in your personal wallet. there is no trading without making a deposit (it sounds ridiculous), and the most important thing is to choose an exchange that has clear credibility and strong security.
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:57:22 AM

Not many traders hold their coins at wallets. Maybe for the old day where there is no good exchange but today, plenty of trusted exchange. If you're a short term trader, your coins must be on the exchange nearly all the time. If you're a long term trader with a high target price then most of the time, coins at wallet.
yes, you are right because in the past security was very vulnerable to being hacked, I now dare to save assets because they replace our money if the hacker manages to bring our money, like some time ago when Binance was hacked, all the lost money was replaced by Binance

Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 04:35:07 AM

We are told several times on this forum never to leave your coins on exchange, well I know the difference about low rated exchanges and high rated exchanges and I know that many traders prefer high rated exchanges for trading because of volume and Liquidity but my point is there is no way to be a trader without your coins sleeping in exchange wallets, why? Because sometimes while you are asleep bitcoin can hit a new price target.

For example BTC is trading at 8000$ and I put up a sell order at 9000$, most times this won't happen in an instant, sometimes you wake up the next day and your order became successful isn't it? Now for those saying 'don't leave your coins on exchanges' how do you trade?
For me I will not leave my coins in an exchange when leaving a coins there I will regularly checked wether I won the trade or not. Trading is really good that is if we are wisely trader and also if we trade on a trusted exchange because nowadays there are many untrusted exchange, the money you stocked there can be easily hacked by someone due to less security measures of the sites.
suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 04:49:43 AM

yes, you are right because in the past security was very vulnerable to being hacked, I now dare to save assets because they replace our money if the hacker manages to bring our money, like some time ago when Binance was hacked, all the lost money was replaced by Binance
Indeed, Storing coins on a large Exchange will provide high security for us, Binance is one of the most trusted exchanges and I dare to put all my coins there too. Because I am a day trader so I always keep my coins on Exchange so I can always monitor the charts and price.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 05:33:54 AM

When it comes to trading where you are engage in buying and selling then it is okay to leave it in exchanges. The reason why there are people who suggest to not store your coins in exchange is because for you to not lose it because there is a possibility that the exchange may run away or it may hacked. In terms of choosing exchange, it is better to use exchanges that is highly trusted where it is proven for years that they have the best securities. There are also a lot of factor like having good volume and also liquidity in order to know if there are really traders who are interested to use that exchanges.
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 05:39:46 AM

Indeed, Storing coins on a large Exchange will provide high security for us, Binance is one of the most trusted exchanges and I dare to put all my coins there too. Because I am a day trader so I always keep my coins on Exchange so I can always monitor the charts and price.
If you're a day trader then its fine to leave your coins on exchange because you wont stay these coins for long period.

However if you're a long term holder its not wise to use an exchange as your wallet no matter how reputable the exchange is because it is too risky.

Better to use a hardware wallet instead or any wallet wherein you hold your private keys.

Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 06:05:49 AM

It depends on how big the fund are we talking to. Are you comfortable leaving $10k in an exchange? If no, don't leave it there.  Just how many cases had there been of trading accounts being hacked without the knowledge of the user, or platforms being hacked and losing all the stored crypto. If you can risk your fund just to avoid the inconvenience of transferring and securing it at your own wallet after trading, feel free to do so.
Scotslass

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 06:39:23 AM

These words are just to warn us not to keep assets in the exchange wallet for too long without trading, because of the risk of hacking or other things, especially large amounts. better keep it in your personal wallet. there is no trading without making a deposit (it sounds ridiculous), and the most important thing is to choose an exchange that has clear credibility and strong security.
Its one of the most important crypto trading rules - do not hold funds on exchange account, no matter how secured the service is.
I'd say its mostly not worth it to hold there for more than hours, you definitely can find multi currency wallet to trade with it safely
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 07:41:21 AM

It depends on how big the fund are we talking to. Are you comfortable leaving $10k in an exchange? If no, don't leave it there.  Just how many cases had there been of trading accounts being hacked without the knowledge of the user, or platforms being hacked and losing all the stored crypto. If you can risk your fund just to avoid the inconvenience of transferring and securing it at your own wallet after trading, feel free to do so.

Maybe for some reason it is true, but nowadays some large exchange markets for example Binance add features such as staking that allow one person to earn certain income and other exchangers follow this trend. I personally only move my assets if only to exchange them to Fiat for life necessities.

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
Phoenix_PROG

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 07:46:34 AM

I was trying to sell my ESH tokens on bilaxy exchange and my order isn't filled yet and it's been over 22 hours already, trading some times is a waiting game, you can't predict when your order will be met or fulfilled
WannaCry

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 04:37:47 AM

mostly of the traders leave their coin in an exchange where they trust.. it may save the transaction fee and time also.. as you mention that bitcoin price may hit a new price target while you're away..
gwapoinside2

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 05:04:41 AM

We are told several times on this forum never to leave your coins on exchange, well I know the difference about low rated exchanges and high rated exchanges and I know that many traders prefer high rated exchanges for trading because of volume and Liquidity but my point is there is no way to be a trader without your coins sleeping in exchange wallets, why? Because sometimes while you are asleep bitcoin can hit a new price target.

For example BTC is trading at 8000$ and I put up a sell order at 9000$, most times this won't happen in an instant, sometimes you wake up the next day and your order became successful isn't it? Now for those saying 'don't leave your coins on exchanges' how do you trade?

Somewhat we have similar strategy in trading. Putting sell and buy orders wat above and below the peaks. I gain a lot of XRP butting way way below its buying price and twice I have bought with it. That was a very big discount and my holding has tremendously increased.

I also have some of my crypto in exchanges. This saves me some transaction fees than transferring cryptos to wallet to exchanges.

ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 05:11:47 AM

I feel confused about your inquiry. How to trade without money on the exchange? I don't think it is possible to do so in a centralized trading platform. If you want to trade with money still in your wallet, consider decentralized exchanges. There will be smart contracts so you can efficiently arrange your buy and sell orders but I'm afraid the liquidity won't be good.
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 07:45:49 AM

you can try decentralized exchange or Uniswap/Bancor these are the example of instant swap it's like other known exchange but you dont need to put your funds or coins into the exchange itself.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 07:55:13 AM

mostly of the traders leave their coin in an exchange where they trust.. it may save the transaction fee and time also.. as you mention that bitcoin price may hit a new price target while you're away..
My advice, never put eggs in one basket, Don't put all your assets in just one Exchange, Spread your assets into other big markets, Because if hack occurs in one market, then you don't lose all your assets, because there are still your assets in another market.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 09:05:54 AM

Leaving your funds on an exchange for prolonged periods of time is my last resort solely in situations when my hardware wallet does not support a specific coin that I am holding. And I have in mind only tier 1 exchanges not some shady ones, I would never trust my funds with the latter. The answer to the asked question is, dont day trade and stick to swing trading, that way it is less likely that you will get rekd in the short term and you will as well avoid the risk of keeping your funds on the exchange.
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 10:17:04 AM

Advice is usually like that, you have to twist some part of it to make it work for your case since everyone has their own circumstance. "Never to leave your coins on exchange" harming traders since they can't leave their fund on exchange for long no matter low rated or high rated as you has said. I come up with idea to twist and make it work for me by only hold a part of my fund on exchange while the rest on my wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: