Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:25:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GOLD] BitGold | PoS | Launched | Rare  (Read 32468 times)
Gold-Bars (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

Anyone have any more questions? We are updating the OP now by the way.

What happens if you do not reach the full %4 IPO amount? Does it go to a pre-mine?

You can vote for what happens here: http://coinstack.org/index.php?topic=58.0
CoinZend

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:43:05 AM

Where does IPO money go?
sudukkk

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:49:49 AM

It's looks like a real golden logo  Cheesy
But the coin's name is so worldliness.
there are a lot of coin have a same name.
Escrow IPO is good.
So see you on 6 April.
Gold-Bars (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:37:12 PM

Where does IPO money go?

IPO money goes straight into development of services and such for this coin as well as further wallet development etc.

It's looks like a real golden logo  Cheesy
But the coin's name is so worldliness.
there are a lot of coin have a same name.
Escrow IPO is good.
So see you on 6 April.

Thankyou. We went for this name as other coins never properly launched so we would still be the first launched BitGold. Hopefully we will see you at launch.
softron

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:46:40 PM

Really Nice coin

Gold-Bars (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:02:55 PM

Really Nice coin

Thankyou, we have put a lot of work into it.
Sooyoung

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:40:27 PM

Polish translation can be found here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=548198.0

cheers  Wink
Gold-Bars (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:18:04 PM

Polish translation can be found here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=548198.0

cheers  Wink

Thanks for that, it is much appreciated.
Gold-Bars (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:43:48 PM

Anyone have any questions while we are online and answering them?
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:42:30 AM

What kind of services have you organized for around launch time?
Gold-Bars (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:05:54 AM

At the moment it all depends on the IPO amount we get as it cost money for hosting and getting things set up and running etc.
With what we have at the moment we are looking at getting an online wallet along with an android wallet. With more we are looking at getting a shop that accepts BitGold as well as the possibility of an exchange/multipool.
Monetizer

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:52:28 AM

At the moment it all depends on the IPO amount we get as it cost money for hosting and getting things set up and running etc.
With what we have at the moment we are looking at getting an online wallet along with an android wallet. With more we are looking at getting a shop that accepts BitGold as well as the possibility of an exchange/multipool.

Have you considered bringing in some real world services and such?
Gold-Bars (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:48:40 AM

Have you considered bringing in some real world services and such?

We have, first of all we will be bringing in things like paper wallets. Even though they are very basic they provide a way for people to easily and securely store there Gold. We are in the process of talking about other things though.
bossramsay15

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:06:14 AM

Sounds good cant wait to hear more about what is happening plans, etc Smiley Good luck.
Cryptokk

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 11:16:24 AM

http://www.cryptokk.com/gfx/votes/gold.png

GOLD has been added to the new Cryptokk's vote list.

Votes are free ! You can vote 1 time, every 2 hours, per account.

http://www.cryptokk.com/?p=votes
CTRL+F (search) -> GOLD
Monetizer

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:41:04 AM

Sounds good cant wait to hear more about what is happening plans, etc Smiley Good luck.

Same here. I even invested in the IPO. Looks pretty promising.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:50:46 PM

When the ipo start?
robertson2013

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:38:49 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 11:33:51 PM by robertson2013

Thought I would start things early here and add a guide I created for Solo mining, this was for another coin so please remember to use the node info at launch (I will also update this once the conf info is posted)

All you should need to do is download the wallet and open it, then close so it creates the bitgold folder within your appdata folder. Create a file called bitgold.conf and copy this to the bitgold folder in your app data folder per below.

Bitgold.conf

daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=robertson
rpcpassword=password
port=5772
rpcport=5773
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 (this is address you connect to your wallet with in the batch file)
rpcallowip=192.168.your subnet.* (normally it reads 192.168.1.* (the * meaning any number of IP address on that subnet)
addnode=TBC
addnode=TBC

Change the username and password to what ever you want the rest should be OK, the rpcport can be anything as long as it is the same in the bat file you create per below.

Bitgold.bat

cgminer --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:5773 -u robertson -p password --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 -I 13 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1070 --gpu-memclock 1500

the stuff I have after the password is for my graphics cards (r9 280x) but you can either remove this or change for your setup.

Note the wallet must be open before running the batch file as it acts as server.

Prob best to find another easy coin and test this prior to launch so you are ready to simply copy over conf file into the app data folder once you get the wallet then run the bitgold.bat file. (remember nodes change for different coins)

you will probably get a message stating no long pool can be found but just ignore this.

Hopefully this is all OK for you. Once you understand it is the same process for pretty much any scrypt coin.

***********************************************************************************************************************

On a side note for SHA conis if your interested in solo mining with an S1 check the below but this is not easy and involves a lot of work to get running.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=162788.0 for solo on the Antminer S1 (I have not done this but my friend has and it works)

PS note from my friend when doing this below

1.  Follow the step by step, even running the bitcoind and getting the message on the temp user and password.
2.  You may need to install sqlite (which is not part of the step by step on the thread, but is mentioned on the very last page of the  thread, page 8 )
3.  After you have it tested and working on bitcoind (just use testnet so you don't spend too much time downloading the whole bitcoin blockchain, I copied the blockchain myself from another machine and put it on an external USB flash) then plan the altcoin you want to solo-mine
4.  Git clone the source of the altcoin and follow the steps from where it was on the section similar to bitcoind.  I could not get Version coin working, but it may be a problem with that git source as Chikun took 5 minutes to get it working (not counting the building of the application chikund from source code).

Warning:  Don't install Ubuntu with LAMP.  The mysql conflicts with sqlite which is used by stratum software (twisted is the name of the python application).  Don't jump steps like I did or you will end up uninstalling to backout of the steps and then go forward.

Good luck with that :-) and thanks to Jeremy Catuira for the solo info on the S1.
Gold-Bars (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:53:05 PM

Thought I would start things early here and add a guide I created for Solo mining, this was for another coin so please remember to use the node info at launch (I will also update this once the conf info is posted)

All you should need to do is download the wallet and open it, then close so it creates the bitgold folder within your appdata folder. Create a file called bitgold.conf and copy this to the bitgold folder in your app data folder per below.

Bitgold.conf

daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=robertson
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=9988
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 (this is address you connect to your wallet with in the batch file)
rpcallowip=192.168.your subnet.* (normally it reads 192.168.1.* (the * meaning any number of IP address on that subnet)
addnode=TBC
addnode=TBC

Change the username and password to what ever you want the rest should be OK, the rpcport can be anything as long as it is the same in the bat file you create per below.

Bitgold.bat

cgminer --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:9988 -u robertson -p password --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 -I 13 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1070 --gpu-memclock 1500

the stuff I have after the password is for my graphics cards (r9 280x) but you can either remove this or change for your setup.

Note the wallet must be open before running the batch file as it acts as server.

Prob best to find another easy coin and test this prior to launch so you are ready to simply copy over conf file into the app data folder once you get the wallet then run the bitgold.bat file. (remember nodes change for different coins)

you will probably get a message stating no long pool can be found but just ignore this.

Hopefully this is all OK for you. Once you understand it is the same process for pretty much any scrypt coin.

***********************************************************************************************************************

On a side note for SHA conis if your interested in solo mining with an S1 check the below but this is not easy and involves a lot of work to get running.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=162788.0 for solo on the Antminer S1 (I have not done this but my friend has and it works)

PS note from my friend when doing this below

1.  Follow the step by step, even running the bitcoind and getting the message on the temp user and password.
2.  You may need to install sqlite (which is not part of the step by step on the thread, but is mentioned on the very last page of the  thread, page 8 )
3.  After you have it tested and working on bitcoind (just use testnet so you don't spend too much time downloading the whole bitcoin blockchain, I copied the blockchain myself from another machine and put it on an external USB flash) then plan the altcoin you want to solo-mine
4.  Git clone the source of the altcoin and follow the steps from where it was on the section similar to bitcoind.  I could not get Version coin working, but it may be a problem with that git source as Chikun took 5 minutes to get it working (not counting the building of the application chikund from source code).

Warning:  Don't install Ubuntu with LAMP.  The mysql conflicts with sqlite which is used by stratum software (twisted is the name of the python application).  Don't jump steps like I did or you will end up uninstalling to backout of the steps and then go forward.

Good luck with that :-) and thanks to Jeremy Catuira for the solo info on the S1.

Thanks so much for this although the ports are
rpc port:5773
net port:5772

GOLD has been added to the new Cryptokk's vote list.

Votes are free ! You can vote 1 time, every 2 hours, per account.

http://www.cryptokk.com/?p=votes
CTRL+F (search) -> GOLD

Thankyou for this  Smiley

When the ipo start?

IPO started when this thread was made. It will finish an hour before launch.
Gold-Bars (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:22:44 AM

Added the mining guide to the OP. Any other questions?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: