Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google to Shadowban Crypto - Bitcoin will get Hampered?  (Read 195 times)
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 08:38:50 PM

Are you sure about what you have written here? After reading this post I headed for the YouTube app on my phone and when I opened it I searched for some bitcoin related topics and they all showed up. So, how are you sure about what you have written here?

I don't think this is true. Maybe they did, but it's not every channel on YouTube that was shadow banned, maybe they didn't ban Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies on their platform, they just blocked a few channels on YouTube, just like they did before, because I have seen a report like this before, I think that was earlier this year.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 10:46:12 PM

I don't like how youtube is censoring certain phrases and blocking videos because they mentioned this or that but if they really wanted to ban Bitcoin channels they would.

They are a private company and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

The truth is they aren't doing it and appeals like the one of Tone Vays are respected.

There are so many FOMO youtube channels out there that scream "pump" or "dump" every time Bitcoin moves by 5% that we could really live without but they are still here despite their incompetence.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 11:17:44 PM

See at first when YouTube emerged , it was supposed to be supporting people and share content that people thought was meaningful but unfortunately with the time , they are trying to take the position of Netflix .
The YouTube have started posting very very strict Norms . You can see a person partially naked on YouTube but you cannot see content relates to cryptocurrencies and all that freely.
This is not at all good .
If Google will follow suit , the community will have no choice but to use either other search engines or to use various other options , but at the same time they won't stop sharing the content.
The more they try and limit people, the more will the people go against them , which is not a good thing for the long run..

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████