Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:46:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Investors are losing Bitcoin by Investing in Altcoins?  (Read 836 times)
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2020, 09:55:08 PM

~~
That's why we should focus on investing in Bitcoin than the altcoins. Investing altcoins maybe 20% of all you fund will be allocated to altcoins is a good idea. Though, there are some altcoins that give potential when you are investing. Just like what happened to me back then year 2017. My investment in altcoin goes 3x from my initial capital.
This must be your most valuable experience.
The main principle is don't put all your eggs in one basket, so the importance of asset diversification is to avoid large losses. Bitcoin is indeed very profitable, and safer because the crypto world is always focused on it. But there are also many altcoins with great potential, project support and good products such as ETH, XRP, etc. which can be used as investment opportunities. Maximize the opportunities available, taking into account ratios that you can control, for example, 70:30 for BTC and alts.
I think we all agree, the new project is at greater risk, so here I focus on discussing the potential and strong market for an altcoin.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 10:31:19 PM

Read this post and its true how small investor are losing bitcoin by investing in other coins.

You can buy 8000 tokens in 1 USD when price of bitcoin is 8000 USD but if bitcoin price will rise to 16000 USD then you can buy 16000 tokens in same price. Now all token price does not move according to BTC price,it will drop 20-30% without any sign of drop, but when you will compare with bitcoin you will find that you are in loss.

https://cryptomaa.com/btc/how-small-investors-are-losing-bitcoin-by-investing-in-altcoins/
It isn't something new to be honest I think all investor are aware of it and they know the risk on investing in crypto and trading.
But you should also consider the fact that alt-coin could also move up why are you so focus on the negative side?
I don't really get why most of the thread creator like to focus on negative or positive side of what they are showing us they should be fair and put up the other possibilities of investment.

bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 08:29:20 AM

I think everyone knows this already. Altcoins always fall when Bitcoin increases in price and they also fall when Bitcoin starts falling. The only chance they get to increase in price is whenever the price of Bitcoin is stable. This only happens to altcoins that don't correlate with Bitcoin, but the ones that correlate with Bitcoin just like the Ethereum, XRP, Bitcoin Cash, and the rest of them don't really face this kind of problem.

The reason why these altcoins fall in these situations is because people dump them to buy Bitcoin when the price is increasing and people still dump them when Bitcoin is falling. I was lucky in some sense because I never preferred to risk my bitcoins in altcoin investments; I know I have missed some big opportunities but I value my bitcoin saving hence I believe its not worth risking my bitcoins in altcoins.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 11:25:49 AM

As a small investor, you stand the chance to gain more from buying good altcoin than investing on btc, because even if btc price increases you can only have a slight increase, while if you buy alts, e.g bnb and the price goes really high, you will definitely profit more, because in this case, you can afford a good number of that altcoin.
That is when you find which altcoin can give you profit and emotion drives you.  Sometimes small investor comes on the wrong moment when the increase is ongoing on the market. Athough it seems profitable when it gets more than the limited stock, it result for the coin to stay in low price which takes longer time to recover.

Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 12:25:25 PM

<...>
This can happen and will happen in a market that is Soo Bitcoin is the cream of the market and people who can't afford Bitcoin opt for the best possible alternative and against Bitcoin and losses lots of money.
That's why we should focus on investing in Bitcoin than the altcoins. Investing altcoins maybe 20% of all you fund will be allocated to altcoins is a good idea. Though, there are some altcoins that give potential when you are investing. Just like what happened to me back then year 2017. My investment in altcoin goes 3x from my initial capital.
But the situation this year isn't the same as that of 2017 where everyone was dying to invest in crypto and the new money coming from the investors kept on pushing the bitcoin price higher and higher which led it to break $20k point after which everyone was waiting to see what happens next. Then there was a huge downfall from that point onwards. This year already the economy isn't doing that well due to corona virus and I don't think there will be any huge price movements in the recent upcoming months. So it is best for everyone to keep their coins and not experiment by investing in altcoins.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Yamifoud

Activity: 2758
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 01:54:14 PM

It can't be ignored how altcoins move differently compared to bitcoin. Some newcomers and small investors will think that buying cheap altcoins will give them big returns in the future but too sad to know that they become hopeless because it won't perform as what they expect. Leaving to that scenario and what I experience before, in fact, I'm still some altcoins but to see there are no changes happening and some get worse as the price drops more.

Things to realize that there is no opportunity in investing cheap altcoins. Yeah, we can have them in bulk because of the price but to see its market growth and performance, you have nothing to get profit but just a loss.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 04:06:08 PM

Read this post and its true how small investor are losing bitcoin by investing in other coins.

You can buy 8000 tokens in 1 USD when price of bitcoin is 8000 USD but if bitcoin price will rise to 16000 USD then you can buy 16000 tokens in same price. Now all token price does not move according to BTC price,it will drop 20-30% without any sign of drop, but when you will compare with bitcoin you will find that you are in loss.

https://cryptomaa.com/btc/how-small-investors-are-losing-bitcoin-by-investing-in-altcoins/
Your point is good but your theory is wrong. You are just talking about the positive side of holding bitcoin.

You never said what would happen if bitcoin goes to 4000 from 8000. Well in that case you will only be able to buy 4000 tokens instead of 8000 tokens.

Bud, bitcoin is a great store of value but we should never encourage others to buy it by speculating the price.
Instead, we should explain them about the positive aspects of bitcoin and why altcoins are not as worthy as bitcoins.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Rulelies

Activity: 277
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 07:20:00 AM

I get your point but not in all cases. I know a friend of mine that invested in unibright which is an altcoin the value of his investment now is worth more than a bitcoin and the value he invested was not up to half of a bitcoin that time. So i would say it depends on the project of the altcoin and how lucky the price of the altcoin can rise before bitcoin starts rising

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord             synthetic asset trading 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange 
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2020, 01:20:09 PM

Investing on crypto is never a financial advice and small investors thinks that if they invest on altcoins, they will make big profit but it's the other way around. Still, altcoins depends the price when bitcoin pumped or dumped in the market.  If small investors really wants to invest, why not do it on bitcoin instead to ensure profit in the long run and it will not run out of value. They can also trade on it if they are into trading and in that way they can easily make profit if they make a right decision on trades.

BrianZAK

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 01:43:30 PM

I think "investing" in altcoins and losing money is a rite of passage for most people who have just got into crypto. Its understandable why they would do this. There are plenty of high follower Twitter accounts and such that are shilling their hearts out on projects that they know well are crap. Exploiting peoples greed with talk of 100x's is not that hard. Not to mention the Telegram groups where delusional investors are plugging their shitcoin as the next big thing.

If a crypto user hangs around long enough they will see that the Bitcoin is the value investment. Hopefully they'll also pick a couple of other projects that they  have done their research on, and get involved in them as an investor or contributor.

suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 06:00:36 PM

Investing in altcoins is risky, they themselves take this risk

You can reduce your risk by investing in trusted and well-known altcoins.  As there are lots of fake projects, don't buy a relatively less trusted coin unless you have certain knowledge about them.

It's true that the some people are losing money investing in the coins which are related to fake, scam project. But your analysis in the link is not justified, as you have considered that the altcoin value to be fixed. You can find lots of coins in the market moves exactly opposite way that you have explained. So it will be false to conclude that the small investors are losing money by investing in Altcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: