Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:27:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP - Antminer S9 on latest FW, i want to change FW to overclock??  (Read 127 times)
Dragonizer (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 10, 2020, 07:29:06 PM

Hi All

It has the very latest FW, with no ability to OverClock. I have read about the SSh sig etc, but still a bit confused tbh........

Is my only option to use SD card and this guide to get the FW that has a 'drop down menu' to Overclock...eg +1.5th, +2Th etc??

I presumed the latest FW would have this option??

GUIDE = https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019493654-S9-series-S9-S9i-S9j-S9-Hydro-Control-Board-Program-Recovery

Plus in the download section for S9 FW i can not see which version actually allows for this option??

Another question would it allow me to upgrade to latest BRAINS OS? without messing about as above??

Thanks
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2020, 09:59:42 PM

Try this version below from Bitmain.

- Antminer-S9-xilinx-201907302037-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF-sig.tar.gz

This is the latest one which has an option to do that it's a multi-option firmware where you can choose between lower power mode to Hashrate+2.0TH/s

If the above doesn't work then you will need to flash it first with SD card just follow the guide from the link you posted above. Then upgrade it again through WebGUI using the firmware that I linked above.

That firmware has multi-option firmware you can find it under miner's configuration under "working mode"
But this firmware still doesn't have SSH access you will need other firmware to be able to access SSH.

About Braiins OS yes you can flash it with Braiins OS by using SD card flashing. This has ability to access the SSH and overclock your s9 miner.

Also, check the awesomeminer ASIC firmware they have antminer s9 image for SD card flashing and the firmware is already overclocked.
- https://www.awesomeminer.com/antminerfirmware

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 04:35:27 AM

Is my only option to use SD card and this guide to get the FW that has a 'drop down menu' to Overclock...eg +1.5th, +2Th etc??

Yes, unfortunately, your only way out of that firmware is through an SDcard recovery, you can use T9 recovery firmware on S9, download it from > https://service.bitmain.com/support/download?product=Flashing%20SD%20card%20with%20image

Another question would it allow me to upgrade to latest BRAINS OS? without messing about as above??

Obviously NO!.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀