Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:23:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am feeling Regret  (Read 1523 times)
newprince008 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 09:42:02 AM

Hello,

Guys i have 44 Bitcoins in online wallet blockchain.
am feeling very regret now why i did not cashout funds when it hit to 10k$

now its 8.5k$ , i was expecting it will hit to 13k$ or 15k$ soon and then will cashout..

but now very few hours left for halving, so what do you think? its will again hit the 10k$ or up to 10k$?

my target to make $1M but i`m losing hope as it already very down now to 8.5k$.

sorry for my bad english.

Thanks and happy earning guys Cheesy
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 09:46:13 AM

44 Btc in an online wallet and a public announcement on bitcointalk? Expect to receive some phishing PM's, malware PM's, begging PM's, loan requests,...
Why wouldn't you hold the equivalent of a big house in the city (in my country) in a more secure way?

That being said, it's all gut feelings and guessing at this point. Nobody can tell you what will happen in a couple weeks/months/years. I know i'll be hodling Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1156

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 09:51:36 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2020, 10:08:45 AM by Jawhead999

Oh man, I think you should move all your funds to hardware wallet, since it's very safe. 44 Bitcoins worth $375.991,88 is very large amount, thinks again if you want put it all to online wallets. The cost is only $161,36 for Trezor T.

Everything can happen and it's unpredictable. Just holding and see the price in the future.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
newprince008 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 09:54:26 AM

44 Btc in an online wallet and a public announcement on bitcointalk? Expect to receive some phishing PM's, malware PM's, begging PM's, loan requests,...
Why wouldn't you hold the equivalent of a big house in the city (in my country) in a more secure way?

That being said, it's all gut feelings and guessing at this point. Nobody can tell you what will happen in a couple weeks/months/years. I know i'll be hodling Smiley

Don`t worry about it, no one can put in my system any kind of malware, am very good Alpha security guard, as i work in security team.

I know we have to hold now for sure and have to wait for the next ride to moon, i think past will not repeat the same in future of halving.

but lets hope for the best we all are waiting for 15k$ hit Cheesy

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 09:58:37 AM

--snip--
Don`t worry about it, no one can put in my system any kind of malware, am very good Alpha security guard, as i work in security team.

I know we have to hold now for sure and have to wait for the next ride to moon, i think past will not repeat the same in future of halving.

but lets hope for the best we all are waiting for 15k$ hit Cheesy

Using an online wallet it (in itself) a security vulnerability, no matter how secure your desktop system is... If you're not (the only one) in control of your private key, you're not (the only one) in control of your funds. Even wallets like blockchain keep an encrypted version of your wallet on their systems, with some online wallets you don't get access to your key(s) at all.

A ledger or a trezor set you back between $70 and $140, and are waaaay more secure than any online wallet will ever be. If i had 44 btc, i'd probably divide my funds between an airgapped wallet, one or two hardware wallets, and a couple properly generated paper wallets...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
newprince008 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 10:01:07 AM

Oh man, I think you should move all your funds to hardware wallet, since it's very safe. 44 Bitcoins worth $375.991,88 is very large amount, things again if you want put it all to online wallets. The cost is only $161,36 for Trezor T.

Everything can happen and it's unpredictable. Just holding and see the price in the future.

thank you for suggestion but i holding my BTC on online wallet since last 2 years and nothing happen, i think i trust very much on blockchain and btw still waiting for boom to 13k$ or 15k$ for cashout my funds.

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 10:06:49 AM

--snip--

thank you for suggestion but i holding my BTC on online wallet since last 2 years and nothing happen, i think i trust very much on blockchain and btw still waiting for boom to 13k$ or 15k$ for cashout my funds.

no offence, but my grandfather smoked and worked with asbestos for 30 years, he's 92 now and still healthy. This does not mean it was a smart move of him to keep smoking and disregard asbestos dangers, he just got lucky and beat the odds. Most people with his lifestyle would have died before reaching retirement age. My point being: it's not because you do something dangerous and get away with it for a couple of years, that it's a good idear to continue doing something dangerous.

I've been in this community for a while now, and i've seen loads of people that eventually run into problems while using blockchain.info. Sure, you can run into problems with about any wallet, but a hardware wallet, paper wallet or airgapped wallet drastically decreases the number of attack vectors.
But in the end, it's your choice... That's what bitcoin is all about.

I wish you good luck, and also hope for a >$20k exchange rate Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 10:07:04 AM

Oh man, I think you should move all your funds to hardware wallet, since it's very safe. 44 Bitcoins worth $375.991,88 is very large amount, things again if you want put it all to online wallets. The cost is only $161,36 for Trezor T.

Just because nothing has happened yet it doesn't mean your money is safe. If I had that much bitcoin, I'd be holding some of it in a paper wallet, most of it in a hardware wallet and some of it in a normal bitcoin wallet.

You can clearly afford to do all of that if you have that much bitcoin.

People trusted Mt.Gox with their funds before and Cryptsy. Even big companies in this space tend to dissappear without a trace.

As Andreas Antonopoulos always sais. Not your keys, not your bitcoin.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 10:07:37 AM

Your bad choice of wallets aside, take a look at bitcoin's past price history with the past 2 block halvings. Did bitcoin immediately spike up in price after every halving? No, it didn't. It took a good number of months before the halving was felt in the markets. So what made you conclude that the prices were going to hit $13,000-15,000?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 11:15:07 AM

Don't regret your actions for not selling your bitcoins when it hit $10k, you still have a lot of chance to sell it again in the future. Don't chase for the remaining hours left before halving because I don't think that it will increase so suddenly after halving. It will happen after a couple of months or even a year.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 11:21:22 AM

Start moving those on a better wallet like Electrum or much preferred hardware wallet, Ledger wallet. Don't be regret with the sudden drop, as long as you still hold those, there's still hope.
Your target to have $1M is to reach bitcoin at the price of around $22000. We will be there soon but the major concern that you have to do is to get out of that web wallet blockchain.com.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 11:24:07 AM

Hello,

now its 8.5k$ , i was expecting it will hit to 13k$ or 15k$ soon and then will cashout..

but now very few hours left for halving, so what do you think? its will again hit the 10k$ or up to 10k$?

Why are you feeling regret? Bitcoin will hit $10k someday although right now, bitcoin price is not at that price, you can still hold your bitcoin for more. Just believe in bitcoin, and you will have a chance to sell your bitcoin at more than $10k. With the halving is on the way, it will rise again, so you only need to wait for a while.

If you want to sell some bitcoin, I think you can buy more bitcoin if the price is down so you can have more than 44 bitcoin in your wallet. That will be only an option, and you don't have to do anything except for waiting for the price to increase. Don't lose hope with bitcoin because right now is a correction for the price so that the price will increase later.
Lind

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 11:24:58 AM

Hello,

Around the 10k$ was the PUMP, it is similar to LTCs halving back then. Now they dump it so they can buy back aka nice little trap.

For them this means they have more BTC or same amount of BTC, but some money was cashed out. Maybe they wait for lower prices then re-enter. Nothing new here.

WARTHOG NETWORK - where everyone can revive again the good old days when crypto was fun -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5458046.0
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 11:36:43 AM

Nothing to regret, just be patient and you can harvest your fruit out of your garden, the price might be below 10k for now but there are a lot of chances that it will sail high.

Just one thing, your wallet isn't secured, storing 44 btc in an online wallet is a no-no. A hardware wallet isn't expensive you know. Ledger nano s worth 59 bucks so it's not expensive from someone holding a 44 btc.
newprince008 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 11:43:48 AM

Nothing to regret, just be patient and you can harvest your fruit out of your garden, the price might be below 10k for now but there are a lot of chances that it will sail high.

Just one thing, your wallet isn't secured, storing 44 btc in an online wallet is a no-no. A hardware wallet isn't expensive you know. Ledger nano s worth 59 bucks so it's not expensive from someone holding a 44 btc.
Its not a problem for me to buying the 59 bucks usb.

problem is bitcoin is banned in our country so thats why i cant import such things in my country or i cant order, its totally banned here.
thats why i keeping my funds on online web wallet.

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 11:49:12 AM
Merited by bL4nkcode (1)

problem is bitcoin is banned in our country so thats why i cant import such things in my country or i cant order, its totally banned here.

In this case, i'd probably go for an airgapped setup... You'll need an old laptop or desktop and one or two usb sticks (one to transfer signed/unsigned transactions and potentially one to keep a backup of your wallet... The backup-usb should never touch an online machine tough!). I'm pretty sure there are no countries (except north korea) that are suspicious of somebody buying an laptop and a usb stick Wink

If Bitcoin was illegal in my country, i'd be more worried about my isp logging my actions, and i'd worry about cashing out my coins... I'd probably start using a watch-only wallet on tails and  use openwrt to configure a vlan that was always routed over a VPN. Then i'd setup my airgapped wallet on a device that'll never touch the internet ever again (which is basically the standard setup for an airgapped wallet).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 12:03:51 PM

I am not going to comment on your wallet or anything since it seems like you know what you are doing(Being an alpha security guard), but I suggest HODLING your BTC currently since almost everyone are expecting BTC to rally just before and after the halving event.

This is just my analysis based on past halvings. It will definitely touch $10K mark again(Not sure exactly when obviously) which is why HODLING is the way to go.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 12:18:05 PM

In this case, i'd probably go for an airgapped setup... You'll need an old laptop or desktop and one or two usb sticks (one to transfer signed/unsigned transactions and potentially one to keep a backup of your wallet... The backup-usb should never touch an online machine tough!). I'm pretty sure there are no countries (except north korea) that are suspicious of somebody buying an laptop and a usb stick Wink
Though this requires a bit of time sending your fund than using an online wallet but this is the most secure way to store your BTC.

But if you want easier setup but still in a secure way. Installing electrum as your desktop wallet and/or mobile wallet is good to go. Just to make sure your device is fully secured at least installed with anti-virus (windows/mac), though electrum binaries flag as a malware of most anti-virus but there's nothing to worry, you just need to verify your downloaded electrum. And one thing, VPN will save you from your ISP trackers/logs.

Too many instructions to follow to secure your funds, right? That's how a responsible person will do with his hard earned money.
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 12:28:14 PM

Though this requires a bit of time sending your fund than using an online wallet but this is the most secure way to store your BTC.

But if you want easier setup but still in a secure way. Installing electrum as your desktop wallet and/or mobile wallet is good to go. Just to make sure your device is fully secured at least installed with anti-virus (windows/mac), though electrum binaries flag as a malware of most anti-virus but there's nothing to worry, you just need to verify your downloaded electrum. And one thing, VPN will save you from your ISP trackers/logs.

Too many instructions to follow to secure your funds, right? That's how a responsible person will do with his hard earned money.

I'm a big fan of electrum, but i wouldn't store 44 BTC on a desktop wallet. It's a big step up from a web wallet, but still not good enough to store the fiat equivalent of a house in the city. Those kinds of funds require a hardware wallet, paper wallet or airgapped wallet imho.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 12:40:49 PM

I don't know when you got in on the train but I will tell you that you're a believer to have made the move. If you are in profit, there is no need at all to ask. Take your profit and if you aren't contented, keep holding. And again, don't announce your holding to avoid unnecessary PMs.

And for your wallet choice, don't store such amount in an online wallet, you do not know what might happen next. Use an hardware wallet and if you aren't in a country that allows such, ise Electrum wallet and set it up on an old PC.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: