Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:14:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HASHRA CONTROLA on Raspberry Pi for Gridseed  (Read 39584 times)
Decagrog

Activity: 289
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:06:36 AM

Updated to hashra controla 1.33 but I can access anymore to the web interface nor ping the raspberry, seems having some issues with the DHCP...anyone have experienced it?

maxzilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Updated to hashra controla 1.33 but I can access anymore to the web interface nor ping the raspberry, seems having some issues with the DHCP...anyone have experienced it?
Does the yellow and green leds light up on the PI? if only the red leds light up, it means your SDCard is corrupted. If all leds light up, then the PI is alive, and probably got assigned a different IP address. Check your internal network for new devices (in the router, or FING app)
Decagrog

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:43:00 AM

Does the yellow and green leds light up on the PI? if only the red leds light up, it means your SDCard is corrupted. If all leds light up, then the PI is alive, and probably got assigned a different IP address. Check your internal network for new devices (in the router, or FING app)

Yes the green leds are on, the image is not corrupted since I've logged directly to the raspberry and checked for the connection...a ifconfig command returns me UP BROADCAST MULTICAST for the eth0 but not IP assigned...I've also tried to assign manually the ip but still I can't see the it on the network
The raspberry is connected to a little tp-link switch and prior the 1.33 I've had no issues...any suggestion? Roll Eyes Smiley

maxzilla

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:53:09 AM

Yes the green leds are on, the image is not corrupted since I've logged directly to the raspberry and checked for the connection...a ifconfig command returns me UP BROADCAST MULTICAST for the eth0 but not IP assigned...I've also tried to assign manually the ip but still I can't see the it on the network
The raspberry is connected to a little tp-link switch and prior the 1.33 I've had no issues...any suggestion? Roll Eyes Smiley

Hmm no suggestions other than reinstall a fresh img on the sdcard. the firmware updates do not go outside the /var/www directory. It simply replaces the php files. So no system configuration is changed during a controla update.

sorry man.
Decagrog

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:07:48 AM

Hmm no suggestions other than reinstall a fresh img on the sdcard. the firmware updates do not go outside the /var/www directory. It simply replaces the php files. So no system configuration is changed during a controla update.

sorry man.

I tought the update was related only to the web implementation but wasn't sure, thanks for confirming it...also I've just connected the raspberry to the office network and it works good (included the web interface). So the issues is related to my home connection... go figure what is, sorry for the misunderstanding Roll Eyes

rob1313

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:45:00 AM

i got  HASHRA on my pi with 31 grid seeds only 29 showed up. it is still mining but not i cant login via login.php i did not change the password. if i type a incorrect password/username in the login page says "Access denied" but if i use hashra/hashra if just reload the page. any advice beside rewite to card or do a manualy restart on how to gain access. or how to get it to see all my devices?

Thanks

tip if i help you. doge: D7zzbMR9mxmtDQWWNfrRGY5fFNUnrwexSQ or BTC: 1Fot8CrsuxcZUw6qYX3sVpNo5MDtaf7ZS2
leave rep here for any transaction. 
BTC mining contracts for only 0.0058 BTC / GHs
maxzilla

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:41:03 AM

i got  HASHRA on my pi with 31 grid seeds only 29 showed up. it is still mining but not i cant login via login.php i did not change the password. if i type a incorrect password/username in the login page says "Access denied" but if i use hashra/hashra if just reload the page. any advice beside rewite to card or do a manualy restart on how to gain access. or how to get it to see all my devices?

Thanks
too many devices on The pi. it's been tested to run properly on 20 devices. 25 max
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:56:55 AM

Is it software or hardware thats the limiting factor?

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
nogdog21

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:44:22 AM

I will pay 5 LTC for anyone who can help me figure out why my 20 seed rig on raspberry pi crashes everytime on startup.  10 seeds works fine, 15 seeds works fine, 20 seeds auto crash.  Payment to the person who solves it!  Running Controla image on the pi.  2x10 port shitty ass USB hubs but I dont see why they would be the issue I have tried many diff hubs and get the same result.  Powered by 2x360w12v30a power supplys.

-Andrew
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:54:52 AM

I will pay 5 LTC for anyone who can help me figure out why my 20 seed rig on raspberry pi crashes everytime on startup.  10 seeds works fine, 15 seeds works fine, 20 seeds auto crash.  Payment to the person who solves it!  Running Controla image on the pi.  2x10 port shitty ass USB hubs but I dont see why they would be the issue I have tried many diff hubs and get the same result.  Powered by 2x360w12v30a power supplys.

-Andrew

Not to be a dick but why not just get another rPi?  They're cheap as dirt.
nogdog21

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:07:35 AM

I am running 100 Gridseed units on 5 pi's same results over 40 tested units/2 pi's now.  It is not the pi as far as I can tell.

(edit)  The next 20 seed system i tested can only run 13 seeds without auto crash.
maxzilla

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:54:26 AM

I am running 100 Gridseed units on 5 pi's same results over 40 tested units/2 pi's now.  It is not the pi as far as I can tell.

(edit)  The next 20 seed system i tested can only run 13 seeds without auto crash.

Which version of controla are you running? and in what mode? Scrypt or SHA/Dual? the latter does not work well with so many devices, because it uses cgminer.
phex

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:22:27 AM

-Andrew

In my case it helps to connect only one USB-Hub with the PI and plug the further hub in the plugged. Don't know why, but the pi can handle now 20 devices stable without any reboot since 14h  Smiley
mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:51:26 AM

-Andrew

In my case it helps to connect only one USB-Hub with the PI and plug the further hub in the plugged. Don't know why, but the pi can handle now 20 devices stable without any reboot since 14h  Smiley

Try to daisychain your hubs insted. so hub2 -> hub1 -> pi - with just 1 usb cable.

Could be an issue with conflicting data on the hubs or so.
bexwhitt

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:40:38 PM

-Andrew

For 5 LTC you could split the load, and buy anpther pi, it's probably the usb hubs though,
nogdog21

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:05:21 PM

-Andrew

Interesting, I will try this.  Have you had any issue with the powered USB ports?  Do you know if it has to be a certain amperage capability?
maxzilla

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:12:39 PM

-Andrew

Interesting, I will try this.  Have you had any issue with the powered USB ports?  Do you know if it has to be a certain amperage capability?
500mA
nogdog21

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:24:15 PM

-Andrew

500mA

I have seen this 500ma number thrown around a lot however there is no 10 port usb hub that I can find that actually supports 5AMPS across 10 ports to have 500ma/port.  Can anyone post a link to a usb hub they are using which works for them with 20 units and a pi?  The ones I have are trash its just odd that they would work for 15 units but not for 20...
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:46:34 PM

Has anyone else found this version of the Controlla to be even more unstable than the previous version?  I keep dropping some or all of my units.  Restarting or rebooting doesn't help, only physically shutting down power and restating works.  And then I get maybe a couple of hours and it happens again.
nogdog21

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:51:48 PM

-Andrew

Could you tell me which USB hubs you are using?  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: