Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:03:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HASHRA CONTROLA on Raspberry Pi for Gridseed  (Read 39584 times)
nogdog21

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:54:32 PM

Does anyone know what the default SSH login for the Hashra Controlla image is? I've tried hashra@'ipaddress' PW hashra and no go...Also how do you set the miner to reboot after a set amount of time and/or reboot in case of crashing...?  Thanks!

I actually figured out how to set the restart timing its just in the settings on the GUI.  Weird though when I click save the n number of hours i set to restart in defaults back to zero?  Has it logged the number I entered or is it not functioning properly?
bexwhitt

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:31:53 PM

\i don't really want to bother with the importing of the gridseed blade from hashra as after vat and import tax I would be worse of if I got one it would be from minereu.com

My point is can you get the hashra controla for the blade in a download anywhere

Not sure that's true....  Wink

But yes, we'll have the new HASHRA BLADE CONTROLA free to download on our site. Smiley

In the UK $1500 imported would be plus 2.1% import tax plus 20% VAT which could be around $1840 unless you were very lucky and it got  through customs without anybody tagging it

Can't see the script only version of the CONTROLA on the hashra site
maxzilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:03:57 PM

Does anyone know what the default SSH login for the Hashra Controlla image is? I've tried hashra@'ipaddress' PW hashra and no go...Also how do you set the miner to reboot after a set amount of time and/or reboot in case of crashing...?  Thanks!

I actually figured out how to set the restart timing its just in the settings on the GUI.  Weird though when I click save the n number of hours i set to restart in defaults back to zero?  Has it logged the number I entered or is it not functioning properly?

Hi, You're using the version which still has the saving bug.. you can click on the upgrade controla button to solve this
bexwhitt

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:47:53 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 08:58:31 PM by bexwhitt

Just a quick FYI for those running the gridseed without the fan

My hardware errors were creeping up so I have linked 4 of the fans into the stack at 6V which is almost silent and in three hours at 850Mhz I have had one hardware error out of a total of 13 miners

So the gridseed probably does need a bit of cooling in script  but not the amount that is the default
nogdog21

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:04:47 PM

Hi, You're using the version which still has the saving bug.. you can click on the upgrade controla button to solve this

Thanks I will upgrade.  What version fixes this issue?  I thought I was on the most recent one...  Anyone having issues with crashing every 20 hours or so?  Would programming a miner restart every 4 hours or so fix this issue?
nogdog21

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:25:45 PM

New v1.3.3 is out.. the bug saving hours per reboot under settings es fixed..

Good stuff!  Thx!

No it doesnt!!  Same issues in v1.3.3
maxzilla

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:08:09 AM

Good stuff!  Thx!

No it doesnt!!  Same issues in v1.3.3

Ok I think I understand the bug now. a background process created the config files before you did. So when you want to edit the file through the gui, you don't have write access to it. I've fixed the bug on version 1.3.3.1
can you click update again ?
nogdog21

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:29:40 PM

Good stuff!  Thx!

No it doesnt!!  Same issues in v1.3.3

Ok I think I understand the bug now. a background process created the config files before you did. So when you want to edit the file through the gui, you don't have write access to it. I've fixed the bug on version 1.3.3.1
can you click update again ?

Yes 1.3.3.1 has fixed the issue.  Thanks!  However I do still have random crashing of a couple machines but I guess thats another battle...
bexwhitt

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:10:19 PM

[/quote]

Yes 1.3.3.1 has fixed the issue.  Thanks!  However I do still have random crashing of a couple machines but I guess thats another battle...
[/quote]

Hashra controla  on the pi has been running fine without a glitch for me for days so it must be some sort of hardware problem at your end, power problems or an faulty sd card spring to mind.
HASHRA

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:20:35 AM

\i don't really want to bother with the importing of the gridseed blade from hashra as after vat and import tax I would be worse of if I got one it would be from minereu.com

My point is can you get the hashra controla for the blade in a download anywhere

Not sure that's true....  Wink

But yes, we'll have the new HASHRA BLADE CONTROLA free to download on our site. Smiley

In the UK $1500 imported would be plus 2.1% import tax plus 20% VAT which could be around $1840 unless you were very lucky and it got  through customs without anybody tagging it

Can't see the script only version of the CONTROLA on the hashra site

The BLADE CONTROLA will be up on our site by the end of the week, for those that purchase from us will get it pre-loaded on an SD card.

daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:27:08 AM

Blades shipping now? Looking at getting one.
maxzilla

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:17:25 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 07:32:32 AM by maxzilla

Due to strong demand

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knd7lxgvtvb8d82/Screenshot%202014-04-16%2008.13.52.png

Failover support added in CONTROLA 1.4.0

It's being tested right now and will be released later this week.

You can only upgrade by downloading the img file and burning it to an SDCard. From then on updating through the update link will be possible again. Sorry to have to do that. But since there will be multiple flavors of CONTROLA coming out (e.g scrypt only, blade etc), there was no easier way.

The failover will make it possible to rent out your mining rig to rental services like betarigs.com. It will go to your favorite pool automatically when no rental session is going on and it will keep polling the betarigs pool in case somebody wants to rent your rig.

And CONTROLA also displays on screen when your pool is dead (wrong worker config, url or portnr)
HASHRA

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 03:03:57 PM

Blades shipping now? Looking at getting one.

Blades shipping out towards the end of this week...  Smiley

We will make sure everyone gets a copy of the BLADE CONTROLA on an sd card that buys from us, you will also be able to download it though from our website.

Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:10:38 PM

Due to strong demand

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knd7lxgvtvb8d82/Screenshot%202014-04-16%2008.13.52.png

You can only upgrade by downloading the img file and burning it to an SDCard. From then on updating through the update link will be possible again. Sorry to have to do that. But since there will be multiple flavors of CONTROLA coming out (e.g scrypt only, blade etc), there was no easier way.

The failover will make it possible to rent out your mining rig to rental services like betarigs.com. It will go to your favorite pool automatically when no rental session is going on and it will keep polling the betarigs pool in case somebody wants to rent your rig.

And CONTROLA also displays on screen when your pool is dead (wrong worker config, url or portnr)

Looking forward to this - screenshot looks good like the layout of the failovers
bexwhitt

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:43:46 PM

Due to strong demand

I note that you get the error that I do

bfgminer[30513]: JSON-RPC non method decode failed: (null)
bfgminer[30513]: Unknown stratum msg: {"id":null,"result":[],"error":true}

is this just a quirk of bfgminer?
nogdog21

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:24:59 PM

Can anyone assist me on this issue?  It seems to crash at the point that it is set to autorestart, I guess it just forgets about the restart part...  they dont all crash at the same time.  I has one crash after 4 hours then 3 crashed at 8 hours then the last one at 12 hours.  Very odd and I have not sure where to go from here...  any help would be VERY much appreciated.  Thanks.
HASHRA

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 07:45:49 PM

Can anyone assist me on this issue?  It seems to crash at the point that it is set to autorestart, I guess it just forgets about the restart part...  they dont all crash at the same time.  I has one crash after 4 hours then 3 crashed at 8 hours then the last one at 12 hours.  Very odd and I have not sure where to go from here...  any help would be VERY much appreciated.  Thanks.

How many MINI's you have on the Pi?

We suggest 20 in Scrypt.... 10 in Dual mode.

nogdog21

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:00:53 PM

I have 20 units on a single Pi.  They boot up and all run perfectly fine until the shutdown command gets sent from the GUI and they just don't boot back up it would seem.  I'm running them off a 30AMP 360w 12v power brick which I really doubt is an issue as they run flawlessly when they are online... Could the Pi SD card be corrupted?  Keep in mind I have 100 units across 5 Pi's and this is happening on all machines so whatever the issue is it would have to apply to everything not just one or two machines.  And since they dont all seem to crash at the same intervals the issue gets a bit more convoluted.... Hopefully someone can assist.  I really like the Controla interface so I hope that is not the issue.

-Andrew
HASHRA

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:24:19 PM

I have 20 units on a single Pi.  They boot up and all run perfectly fine until the shutdown command gets sent from the GUI and they just don't boot back up it would seem.  I'm running them off a 30AMP 360w 12v power brick which I really doubt is an issue as they run flawlessly when they are online... Could the Pi SD card be corrupted?  Keep in mind I have 100 units across 5 Pi's and this is happening on all machines so whatever the issue is it would have to apply to everything not just one or two machines.  And since they dont all seem to crash at the same intervals the issue gets a bit more convoluted.... Hopefully someone can assist.  I really like the Controla interface so I hope that is not the issue.

-Andrew

20 units should be fine with Controla at 850 Clock speed.

What USB hub you using? sounds alike it could be a hardware issue. Really want to use really good quality powerful HUBs if possible, does make a big difference.

nogdog21

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:28:55 PM

-Andrew

20 units should be fine with Controla at 850 Clock speed.

What USB hub you using? sounds alike it could be a hardware issue. Really want to use really good quality powerful HUBs if possible, does make a big difference.

I am using these hubs

http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-USB-Port-Power-Adapter/dp/B00483WRZ6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1397679929&sr=8-3&keywords=10+port+usb+hub

which I think to be pretty decent quality hubs.  The ones I got shipped when I bought the units were trash 6 dollar hubs from china.  Not a single one of them worked properly.  I wasn't even able to boot a pi with 20 units.  Since I bought these hubs everything boots up and runs fine its just a matter of working out the shutdown issue.  Can I work around this problem by maybe entering a large number like 500 for an 'n' value of time between restarts on the GUI?  As I mentioned the issue seems only to occur when the GUI sends the command to restart.  A hard reboot works fine and they come right back up and start hashing.. Also would there be anyway to program the pi to hard reboot the machine every set amount of time?  Thanks for the help!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: