Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:55:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HASHRA CONTROLA on Raspberry Pi for Gridseed  (Read 39584 times)
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:55:00 PM

1.4 runs for a few hours then you can't connect to the web interface, I get

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

if you look at the raspberry pi output it's doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48bALCHC0qI&feature=youtu.be

the miners seem to be still working though

hmm, it looks like the controla files are gone?

we don't officially support hacked images... because now I can't tell what happened to it.

But let's have a go.

can you go to that directory?

Code:
cd /var/www/system

are all files there? like the one it's complaining about? monitor.sh ?

also to check if the disk is full can you type in this command?

Code:
df -h

and copy paste the result here?
The 3.8 gig image should have almost 1 gig free disc space

This is plenty as the logs get zipped and cleaned after a while.

also please make sure you don't use the PI for anything else other than controlling the miner! Using it for other things other than a controller might flood the logs faster than the logrotator can clean.

We have tested the images extensively on multiple devices, on different locations, Hongkong and  Europe ( but only with our own hardware) without problems.

It's an unmodified image and when you reboot it works again for a while, It actually got 20GB of space as I gparted it as you suggested it may be the SD card that's the problem I will try it with one I know has worked for over a week

This is the exact same problem I am having. The PI keeps hashing away though but the web server is not accessible. If I reboot, it works for an indefinite period of time, usually a few hours.

The Pi and SD card have worked together with other images. This seems to be a problem with the image, since more than one person is having it.
vaudvaud

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:01:17 PM

I seem to have a lot of HW issues with the latest firmware. I've been mining at Nicehash @850. I have two sets of 10 miners running on the hardware Hashra sent. 10 miners per rpi. Any ideas on what is causing this?

I had this happen twice to me... once it was a bad connection to one of the Gridseeds, after resetting all the cables it fixed it... the other time it ended up being a gridseed that went bad, took me awhile to find out which one was throwing all the hardware errors (which is why I wish they showed HW errors per each device in addition to the submitted/accepted).. once I replaced it I've been fine.  I'm running 12 off a single powered usb hub @ 850.  I also have mine restart the miner every 6 hours.  Been rock solid stable the last few days... which is good since I'm going to be gone the next 3 days and I hope they keep going no problems during that time.
bexwhitt

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:02:08 PM

I have imaged 1.4 on the card that's been in use for weeks, we will see if that falls over or not
maxzilla

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:11:11 PM

I am trying to set up controla now, but can't extract the zips? I am getting the error 'Unknown format or damaged archive' with both the hashra-mini-controla-v1.4.0.zip as well as the hashra-atlantis-controla-v1.4.0.2.zip.

I am on windows, and using winrar, which has always worked up till now.

what was the file size? it should be around 1.04 gig. I suspect it prematurely stopped downloading.
dloganbill

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:15:26 PM

I seem to have a lot of HW issues with the latest firmware. I've been mining at Nicehash @850. I have two sets of 10 miners running on the hardware Hashra sent. 10 miners per rpi. Any ideas on what is causing this?

I had this happen twice to me... once it was a bad connection to one of the Gridseeds, after resetting all the cables it fixed it... the other time it ended up being a gridseed that went bad, took me awhile to find out which one was throwing all the hardware errors (which is why I wish they showed HW errors per each device in addition to the submitted/accepted).. once I replaced it I've been fine.  I'm running 12 off a single powered usb hub @ 850.  I also have mine restart the miner every 6 hours.  Been rock solid stable the last few days... which is good since I'm going to be gone the next 3 days and I hope they keep going no problems during that time.

How did you track down which miner went bad?  I've noticed one has a fan that stalls out.  If I give it a push, it will start up again, but the next day when I check on things, it has stopped.  The lights seem to be blinking normally on it, so I've always assumed the board was fine and was a fan only issue.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
vaudvaud

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:12:29 PM

How did you track down which miner went bad?  I've noticed one has a fan that stalls out.  If I give it a push, it will start up again, but the next day when I check on things, it has stopped.  The lights seem to be blinking normally on it, so I've always assumed the board was fine and was a fan only issue.

I had to do it the hard way - I started unplugging them one by one and restarting Hashra and seeing if I got any hardware errors after letting run for a bit.. I lucked out and the 4th one was it, after that all the hardware errors disappeared.. (also no difference on the lights, it looked like the others) Now with 12 of them running at 850 over a 6 hour period at most I get a single hardware error, and about a 2% rejection rate which is on par with the pool rate.  If you suspect one already I'd start with that one.
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:22:42 PM

HASHRA, what about adding functionality to assign a pool to each piece of hardware?  (Ex. w/ Blade point Scrypt Blade 1 at Pool A and Scrypt Blade 2 at Pool B)

maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:27:06 PM

I am trying to set up controla now, but can't extract the zips? I am getting the error 'Unknown format or damaged archive' with both the hashra-mini-controla-v1.4.0.zip as well as the hashra-atlantis-controla-v1.4.0.2.zip.

I am on windows, and using winrar, which has always worked up till now.

what was the file size? it should be around 1.04 gig. I suspect it prematurely stopped downloading.

Yeah, it was around 1.04gb. I tried it three times now, and the last download seems to work. I am writing the image to sd card now.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
compumine

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:46:09 AM

hey guys,

I've noticed that the pool "running" is green sometimes but after a while it turns RED.  Any idea's as to why it switched from green to red?

I also had to remove backup pools because it sometimes switches to the backup and doesn't switch back to the main pool that I want to mine on.  Anyone noticed something like this?

*Image Removed*
maxzilla

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:50:38 AM

hey guys,

I've noticed that the pool "running" is green sometimes but after a while it turns RED.  Any idea's as to why it switched from green to red?

I also had to remove backup pools because it sometimes switches to the backup and doesn't switch back to the main pool that I want to mine on.  Anyone noticed something like this?

What pool are you mining on? that pool might be unstable. The whole reason for failover is to switch to your secondary pool when the primary pool turns red.
HASHRA

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 10:47:51 AM

I had to do it the hard way - I started unplugging them one by one and restarting Hashra and seeing if I got any hardware errors after letting run for a bit.. I lucked out and the 4th one was it, after that all the hardware errors disappeared.. (also no difference on the lights, it looked like the others) Now with 12 of them running at 850 over a 6 hour period at most I get a single hardware error, and about a 2% rejection rate which is on par with the pool rate.  If you suspect one already I'd start with that one.

Thanks for that… Good advice.

compumine

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:44:18 PM

hey guys,

What pool are you mining on? that pool might be unstable. The whole reason for failover is to switch to your secondary pool when the primary pool turns red.

The miners are still accepting shares, yet it turns from green to red but still says running! Why red? and what does it mean?

*Image Removed*
Lossgenius

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:48:00 PM

Sorry Bexwhitt but the user and password will not be public for this version.

We are working on some features for the future where having the user and password public is just not going to work.

Sorry about that.

I recently downloaded the new 1.4. I was previously running the 1.331 I believe. How can I get the new username and password?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #7NRbvttgEufWPWX8
compumine

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:17:50 PM

Sorry Bexwhitt but the user and password will not be public for this version.

We are working on some features for the future where having the user and password public is just not going to work.

Sorry about that.

I recently downloaded the new 1.4. I was previously running the 1.331 I believe. How can I get the new username and password?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #7NRbvttgEufWPWX8

It should be the default one.  hashra/hashra

*Image Removed*
Lossgenius

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:39:19 PM

It should be the default one.  hashra/hashra
I guess I should clarify, I am trying to log into the PI via SSH... Anyone know that username/pw
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #8buH1fIAgqgdLcbE
bexwhitt

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:22:38 PM

they are keeping the password secret which is sad, I used this info to add the user pi so I am not interfering with the setup

http://rpi.tnet.com/project/faqs/resetpasswd
Lossgenius

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:43:01 PM

they are keeping the password secret which is sad, I used this info to add the user pi so I am not interfering with the setup

http://rpi.tnet.com/project/faqs/resetpasswd
Worked perfectly.... Thanks I really appreciate it
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #o92Qv1bpAqkObHJH
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:00:12 PM

I have had controla working fine for two days now. Is there any chance hashra will update it with more frequencies? I used to run them at 875mhz, but now I can only choose 850 or 900.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
maxzilla

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:40:36 PM

I have had controla working fine for two days now. Is there any chance hashra will update it with more frequencies? I used to run them at 875mhz, but now I can only choose 850 or 900.
working on advanced mode, where you can tune each miner individually (no auto tune though)
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:59:51 PM

Since every time I've tried hashra 1.4 across 3 cards and 2 rpi's it crashes every few hours giving me the
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server."

I gave up and made my own image with a simple startup script running the new version of CPUminer with autotune.

It now has a text user interface and API json stats output, you should consider using this in the hashra image since autotune is a lovely feature.

(If anyone is interested in my image PM me. It requires configuration by manually editing the startup script to match your setup and pools but, it seems solid and autotunes per-chip.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: