Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:04:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HASHRA CONTROLA on Raspberry Pi for Gridseed  (Read 39584 times)
sterlingcapital

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:29:24 AM

I have a noob question, I've been using several grids on windows and they all work fine.  I ordered a few pis to hook the grids up to for testing and I am having all sort of strange issues.  This is what I have so far.

latest scripta image, can load into the web interface for a few minutes then internet lights and connection cuts out.
latest hash-master image, internet will not cut out but will not detect my gridseeds whether connecting 1 or 2 directly into the 2 usb ports on the pi or thru an etekcity 2.0 hub same thing.
latest hashra controla image, boots up fine, sees 1 grid but then loses internet connection and can no longer access the web interface.
I accidentally unplugged all usb from the pi and internet connection stays on forever, I was able to update the controla to the latest update and set all the pools etc.  the min I plug in 1 gridseed into it, internet connectivity will cut out after a minute or so.
I was able to get the scripta image from the litecointalk forum to see 1 grid and hash.  however when I plug the 2nd one in and restart, it will not find any of the gridseed and will lose internet connection.  network lights go out on the pi.

This is really frustrating, what am I doing wrong?
I have tried 10 different raspberrys and 5 images on different sd cards, those are not it.  the grids were working on the same hubs in my windows machines.  Any help would be appreciated.
li_gangyi

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:36:44 AM

How are you powering your Pi?
sterlingcapital

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:42:52 AM

with the usb wire that goes into the wall.  looks like an iphone charger except usb on 1 end and plugs into the square socket to plug into the outlet.
got scripta to hash fine with 1 grid, when I put a 2nd grid into the other usb port, both will not detect and shortly after going into the web interface, onboard Ethernet stops working. only way is to unplug and plug the power to get back in with 1 grid connected
sterlingcapital

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:47:58 AM

with the usb wire that goes into the wall.  looks like an iphone charger except usb on 1 end and plugs into the square socket to plug into the outlet.
got scripta to hash fine with 1 grid, when I put a 2nd grid into the other usb port, both will not detect and shortly after going into the web interface, onboard Ethernet stops working. only way is to unplug and plug the power to get back in with 1 grid connected

forgot to mention after i remove the scripta sd card and put the latest control sd card into the same unit that was mining.  when hashra boots up.
in the log window i can see it found GSD 0 however it does not show under the graphical interface, there are no grids listed to the left.  Also after 30 sec ethernet disconnects and the lights go out on the pi, only the red power light stays on and occasionally flash red or free i forget,  but the ethernet light stays off
sterlingcapital

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:55:44 AM

forgot to mention after i remove the scripta sd card and put the latest control sd card into the same unit that was mining.  when hashra boots up.
in the log window i can see it found GSD 0 however it does not show under the graphical interface, there are no grids listed to the left.  Also after 30 sec ethernet disconnects and the lights go out on the pi, only the red power light stays on and occasionally flash red or free i forget,  but the ethernet light stays off

also forgot to mention, i do not think it is defective merchandise as we have a couple hundred grids to try, 10 raspberry pis and 5 extra sd card that i am burning various images on.  got several usb hubs to try as well.  thanks for the help
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:33:58 PM

Good news Ladies & Gentleman…

We have now decided to release the SSH login details for the Gridseed Based products using the CONTROLA Firmware:

USER: pi

PASSWORD: 3K4Hb8FMeZjQZJEX6scYzZa

ENJOY!  Smiley

Unfortunately I can't login, I'm getting an access denied. More people with that? I've updated to the latest version (if that matters)
maxzilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:44:25 PM

Good news Ladies & Gentleman…

We have now decided to release the SSH login details for the Gridseed Based products using the CONTROLA Firmware:

USER: pi

PASSWORD: 3K4Hb8FMeZjQZJEX6scYzZa

ENJOY!  Smiley

Unfortunately I can't login, I'm getting an access denied. More people with that? I've updated to the latest version (if that matters)

SSH login or CONTROLA login? the CONTROLA login through the browser is hashra/hashra
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:23:48 AM

SSH
maxzilla

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:46:54 AM

SSH

What version of CONTROLA do you have? if it's lower than 1.4.0 then you're using an older img with a different password.
You can download the latest img from the HASHRA support page. That img has the aforementioned password
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:33:49 AM

SSH

What version of CONTROLA do you have? if it's lower than 1.4.0 then you're using an older img with a different password.
You can download the latest img from the HASHRA support page. That img has the aforementioned password

Hero! That explains a lot Wink

I'll update my rigs tonight, thanks man!
mkizer

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:19:25 PM

Has anyone had success using a wireless dongle on the rPi with Controla?

I've tested my rPi with a single Gridseed, directly connected to my router, and it seems to hash successfully. Although, the Controla web page is really not accessible while the Gridseed is hashing (I can see the results from the pool side however).

If I try this very same setup, but with a wireless dongle instead, Controla doesn't even recognize that there is a Gridseed attached.

I'm thinking that maybe the wireless dongle is overloading the USB interface on the rPi, but I'm pretty new to the rPi. I did try the same test with a Scripta image and had the same results basically.

This is the wireless dongle that I have been testing: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FADTN14/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_2

dloganbill

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:03:27 AM

Here are the results from my head-to-head comparison against Hashra.  I have two identical RPI setups with qty ten 5-chip miners each.  Since there is no way to distinguish between rigs on Nicehash's website, I used my BTC address for Hashra Controla and Michelem's donation BTC address for the Minera controller. 

Hashra's Dashboard and Nicehash stats

Minera's Dashboard, Settings, and Nicehash stats

Looking through the log, it looks like it took about 6 hours for the autotune process to finish.  Minera had FAR fewer rejects and HW.  It's hard to tell from a short run like this which is the ultimate winner, but I think that Minera has a solid edge over Hashra.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
rileyminer

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:49:13 PM

Has anyone got Hashra working with DualMiners (usb sticks) ?
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:40:08 PM

Hmm.. I like the graphs..  will try out a copy of this other program.

I have 5 RPIs setup with Hashra at the moment

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:34:33 PM

Here are the results from my head-to-head comparison against Hashra.  I have two identical RPI setups with qty ten 5-chip miners each.  Since there is no way to distinguish between rigs on Nicehash's website, I used my BTC address for Hashra Controla and Michelem's donation BTC address for the Minera controller. 

Hashra's Dashboard and Nicehash stats

Minera's Dashboard, Settings, and Nicehash stats

Looking through the log, it looks like it took about 6 hours for the autotune process to finish.  Minera had FAR fewer rejects and HW.  It's hard to tell from a short run like this which is the ultimate winner, but I think that Minera has a solid edge over Hashra.

Nice job
greyscales

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:03:20 PM

Got an ODD problem I'm hoping someone can diagnose...

Using the Hashra Controla v 1.4.0 image from the Hashra site, updated to 1.4.5 via the web console...

2 days ago, we switched our mining to LTC coins.  After updating the URL to point to and doing a Save and Restart, I saw only 9 of our 11 GridSeed miners come up  (Miners 1 thru 9 came up...).  The remaining 2 say "loading" on the advanced tab.

Last night, I pressed the web button to "Restart" and saw 10 of our 11 GridSeeds come up (Miners 1 thru 10 came up...).

Any ideas what I can do to get all 11 GSD's up?

I noticed it appears the Raspberry Pi seems to be using a specific program for LTC mining that's different from what it uses for other lite coins.

Thanks!

GS
HASHRA

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 12:21:34 PM

Got an ODD problem I'm hoping someone can diagnose...

Using the Hashra Controla v 1.4.0 image from the Hashra site, updated to 1.4.5 via the web console...

2 days ago, we switched our mining to LTC coins.  After updating the URL to point to and doing a Save and Restart, I saw only 9 of our 11 GridSeed miners come up  (Miners 1 thru 9 came up...).  The remaining 2 say "loading" on the advanced tab.

Last night, I pressed the web button to "Restart" and saw 10 of our 11 GridSeeds come up (Miners 1 thru 10 came up...).

Any ideas what I can do to get all 11 GSD's up?

I noticed it appears the Raspberry Pi seems to be using a specific program for LTC mining that's different from what it uses for other lite coins.

Thanks!

GS

hi greyscale,

Please email to info@hashra.com screenshot of the activity log when you start the miners and we will help : )

HASHRA Team

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 01:39:00 PM

Love this image...has worked really well for me!  How many seeds can the HASHRA Atlantis support per Rasp Pi??  When I tried to run over 20 on a regular wheezy install it would bomb out after a few hours.
HASHRA

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 02:38:53 PM

Love this image...has worked really well for me!  How many seeds can the HASHRA Atlantis support per Rasp Pi??  When I tried to run over 20 on a regular wheezy install it would bomb out after a few hours.

Hi,

The CONTROLA can support 20 Gridseed minis max.

rammy2k2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:00:30 AM

minera works damn good too
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: