Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:42:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XBR] bitcoinR (bitcoinr.org) | Quantitatively-Flexible Reserve Currency  (Read 3094 times)
fancywarlock (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

CTO, bitcoinR

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 06:39:31 PM

Great concept I must confess. The security in place reduces propensity for multiple accounts, this eliminates cheating and gives room for more people to participate.
I see a great future ahead. Good job Dev and team. Good luck!

Appreciate the kind words but I don't understand your post.  There is no account necessary to mine bitcoinR.

The only "account" that would be necessary is if one wanted to trade XBR via a virtual currency exchange like Bittrex or Coinbase.

NS

bitcoinR.org - The Quantitatively-Flexible Electronic Reserve Currency

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BRIZZI

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 07:26:54 PM

Well..It's really interesting project.
But explain me please. What's hard cap? How many millions do you want to get from it?what will be the uses of that fund?
ASFAWA

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 08:42:36 PM

if government needs to increase the amount of supply of XBR(because of the huge uses of it) and the supply is limited then what will be the solution.
ZELEZNIKA

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 09:34:34 PM

Great concept I must confess. The security in place reduces propensity for multiple accounts, this eliminates cheating and gives room for more people to participate.
I see a great future ahead. Good job Dev and team. Good luck!
It will take time if you want everything so early it won't right at all . project needs much more establishment and work to achieve what they want.
fancywarlock (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 15

CTO, bitcoinR

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 09:38:16 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 03:55:40 PM by mprep
Merited by Jrock (1)

Well..It's really interesting project.
But explain me please. What's hard cap? How many millions do you want to get from it?what will be the uses of that fund?

The hard cap is 21,000,000 XBR.  Half of which have been pre-mined for the uses described in this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5249685.msg54468236#msg54468236

NS

if government needs to increase the amount of supply of XBR(because of the huge uses of it) and the supply is limited then what will be the solution.

It is impossible to increase the number of XBR, the money supply is limited to 21,000,000 units. 

NS

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

bitcoinR.org - The Quantitatively-Flexible Electronic Reserve Currency
BRIZZI

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 10:24:37 PM

on the current situation everything unclear, in this time dollar and most of currency may fall so what would predict the situation of XBR?
ToothlessCoin

Activity: 53

Crypto Mindset

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 12:03:36 AM

With Bitcoin mining becoming highly centralized to miners who have expensive hardware, we certainly need new projects where people who don't have these expensive miners can still mine the coins. The thing I liked about coins like bitcoinR is that they allow you to quickly get started with mining and that too with your ordinary electronic gadgets. There is technically zero risks involved in mining such coins.

Hey ToothlessCoin,

Thanks for the note.  We started with CPU mining in late March with little coordination, simply letting friends and family know via text message and Facebook posts that they could mine XBR with their hardware at home.  At that time, difficulty was <1 and we proved that a 1.8GHz processor and as few as 4GB RAM worked well enough whether it was Mac or Windows.  The announcement was met with varying interest and most people were plagued by short term thinking (how much is it worth, where is it traded) thinking that they could just flip out of it quickly.  The allure of easy money has a very strong appeal; but, when you add the necessity for people to wait between investing effort and reaping reward the number of initial participants becomes vanishingly small.

bitcoinR is not unique in this way, all PoW coins go through this same adoption curve.  Those who are early in (CPU/GPU and early ASIC) prior to a price being established are the obvious long run winners.  This method has the disadvantage of zero immediate gratification, but then there are legitimate examples of those who achieved success by taking an early PoW risk for a subsequent, non-guaranteed payoff.

NS

I do agree with you on this. I know many projects that were legitimate and good but were ignored by the crypto community in there initial days. when complexity to mine them were low, for instance MASS.  Those who adopted that mining in the early days grab too many coins before the coin was listed on any exchange. Once on exchange the coin has value and complexity also increases because now more people are mining. That's why they say take Irish, either you win or learn something.
Colossal Enterprises LLC
Copper Member

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 12:12:55 AM

You are also using the PoW consensus algorithm as I read in your whitepaper. Don't you think its good to have some new consensus algorithm, PoW already has too many limitations and the crypto world is looking for a new consensus algorithm?
philanthropist67

Activity: 52
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 12:24:45 AM

As administrators of the XBR currency, we are regulated by the U.S. Dept of Treasury.

Does that mean you are in compliance with USA Dept of Treasury policies and investors interest and money will be backed by USA government?
crypto_geek55

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 12:46:35 AM

I checked all LinkedIn profiles of your team members less Tyler Cheeseman and Russ Vigil (please upload their LinkedIn profiles also). They are all from great institutes like Harvard and MIT. The first and foremost criteria for a good project is a solid team. You have achieved the first criteria, lets see how this project goes on. Will keep an eye on this.
CryptoCraze11

Activity: 142
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 01:10:20 AM

How does your "centralized governance" model work? It's controlled by your dev team or community members that are selected by voting or any other way?

██   ██████████████         1xBit.com     |     BENEFIT SEASON          ██████████████  ██
7 B T C   W E L C O M E   B O N U S
██                       P L A Y   N O W                       ██
CoinLover79

Activity: 71
Merit: 2

PM for Ann Thread Service

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 01:20:49 AM

Can you please disclose on which exchanges your coin will be enlisted and when we see this coin on exchnage?
cichinero

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 05:52:12 AM

One person has over 10500000 coins in less than 5k bloks. What is the point of this coin?
I do not trust this coin and this dev because he is greedy , and at some point he might dump the coin.
ToothlessCoin

Activity: 53

Crypto Mindset

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 09:47:30 AM

One person has over 10500000 coins in less than 5k bloks. What is the point of this coin?
I do not trust this coin and this dev because he is greedy , and at some point he might dump the coin.

This is exactly what is was referring earlier in the thread. We start blaming every project without DYOR. I read same comment about MASS few days back. But now its registered on exchange and has value of 0.5$, now everyone is running after that coin.
I am forcing you to invest in this coin but at least do some research and come up with some valid points which may benefit all of us. thanks
RomiM

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 09:56:14 AM

There are helpful resources available on there site on how to mine it on wndows and MAC. Any plan to launch such video for Linux platform also? I am a linux guy and will mine it on my Ubuntu. A video on that will benefit many like me.
Jogmania

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 10:04:04 AM

Whats the utilization of this token? Where we can use it after we have it in our wallet. Are you in touch with any merchants worldwide where we will able to use this coin in future or its usage will be determined by price it take on the exchange.
TooLate1

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 10:07:23 AM

You think with time complexity of mining this coin will increase to a level that we need special miners (like BTC ASIC miners)to mine this coin?
HankePoster

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 10:10:22 AM

Good to see mining projects where new comers like me can join and mine the coin. BTC mining is closed for new comers. I hope this will gain good price once listed on exchange. Good luck.
ZUCHA

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 01:40:38 PM

Do you have any socila media bounty or token ?or any promotional benifi to promote more your exchange.
CALDRON

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 03:27:14 PM

The concept and purpose of this project is very good.
This is the foundation that explains the benefits of this project in the future.
 I hope the development team can do their best at every opportunit...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: