Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:34:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you a Prepper already before, now, or maybe in the near future (because of the Pandemic)?
Yes, I'm born and raised a Prepper
Yes, I am a Prepper even before the Pandemic
Yes, I am now a Prepper (because of the Pandemic)
Yes, I would like to become a Prepper now (because of the Pandemic) and I would like to be more prepared more than I ever was before
No, Prepping is just a waste of time for me

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider or see yourself as a Prepper (before, now or not yet)?  (Read 102 times)
KiloFoxtrot (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 11:19:17 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2020, 11:30:29 PM by KiloFoxtrot
Merited by OgNasty (2)

I am quite fascinated about the preparedness, attention to detail and the efforts that Preppers do, in order to achieve their goal of surviving whatever version of their fear towards overcoming any sort of adversity, crisis, or apocalyptic event that might happen in the future either on a national or global scenario.

I only heard and watched this from either a movie or a television series before, but the current COVID-19 Pandemic may be one of those fears that Preppers may have, or may not actually have prepared for to happen today.

On that note, aside from cryptocurrency to possibly become more of a necessity and no longer a luxury in "the new normal." I'd like to hear about your past, current, and future thoughts about the idea of maybe joining the Prepper bandwagon, including the reality and/or necessity to be more prepared than ever before.

Like minds think alike, that's why I am curious to find out how many folks around here might want to actually give their 2 cents worth, to share and give their best practices as well.

Thank you for reading or sharing, I hope that this helps others become more aware and not be naive about any possibilities that may happen to all of us in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vickersja

Activity: 210
Merit: 34

To be the man, you gotta beat the man...... WOOOOO

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:23:49 AM

I am by no means a hardcore prepper.  But I learned my lesson during the April 2011 tornado outbreak.  We were without power for 9 days.  Since then, I ensure we have plenty of the following on hand:

Non-Perishable Food
Paper Products
Water
Batteries
Gasoline
Ammo

We are a family of 4 and stock up at Sam's Club.  We haven't had to buy toilet paper since COVID-19 happened.  We just grab a pack ever other trip or so.  I get batteries at Harbor Freight whenever I am out using a coupon.  For water we buy the gallons and store it in an extra room.  Gasoline is stored in the shed and I put the date when I fill and use Sta-Bil.  

Earn Bitcoin with Lolli:  https://lolli.com/share/FbdPrN6jTu
Link credit card for in-store shopping or use browser extension for online shopping
jamyr

Activity: 1750
Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 04:41:26 AM

~

I do not consider myself absolutely prepared but I may have some not-an-expert opinion to get a better chance of making it thru a disaster.

- Plan Ahead.

Discussing and making sure your family knows the emergency-action-plan, meet-up location(in case separated) because of a calamity.

Have a Go-Bag packed and placed where you can grab it in no time in case emergency occurs.

- Be Physically and mentally able, exercise.

- learn this . . . . . . .
- learn that . .  . . . . .
- don't do this, don't do that. . . .  . .
- help others if you can. . . .

- Most important, your proper mindset.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
KiloFoxtrot (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 02:38:18 AM

The world is getting crazier by the day these days. Aside from the Pandemic, there are silent protests, while some turned into complete anarchy which resulted in looting, injuries, and needless deaths that are spreading like wildfire in the US. Internationally, there are other countries like China and India who are tempting to fuel military conflicts due to their border disputes with each other as well. Who knows what tomorrow will bring us once again.

All these tensions are definitely recipes for additional trouble which makes Prepping very important nowadays.

boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 06:46:08 AM

I'm not a prepper but I'm aware of the tensions that are happening to our surroundings. I'll be adopting and going to the bandwagon as it's good to be prepared with anything that's possible to happen.

Stocking food might be the first priority. Ready to eat canned goods.

The usual needs I say, I have done it but the number of members of your family can easily out of stock those things that you have prepared if you can't discipline them. Well, this is my situation.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 07:36:01 AM

The world is getting crazier by the day these days. Aside from the Pandemic, there are silent protests, while some turned into complete anarchy which resulted in looting, injuries, and needless deaths that are spreading like wildfire in the US. Internationally, there are other countries like China and India who are tempting to fuel military conflicts due to their border disputes with each other as well. Who knows what tomorrow will bring us once again.

All these tensions are definitely recipes for additional trouble which makes Prepping very important nowadays.

The problem is sin but many people aren't aware. Sin/evil grows like pregnancy once you abandon GOD and start walking in darkness. Most people are in deep sleep but aren't aware. They are decieved by sight until evil comes close.

Once you realize that sin grows like pregnancy with bad end result, you will be more prepared
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: