Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 06:17:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VISA & MASTERCARD blocked Russians from accessing their money  (Read 7191 times)
duhosnyul

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:50:20 AM

Obama or Putin could start WW3 easily either openly or secretly.  This is NOT hard to do.  A little mistake with a ship, plane, missile or sub could do it on either side.  Luckily neither of them really want it.  
Given that the Russians sank their own sub the last time they tried to launch a torpedo, I don't think this is a very big problem these days. These things are complex, and after 20+ years of neglect they probably will not work too well.

Unlike the AK47, which you can bury in mud for 20 years, dig up and fire....

Not all test work in the first time eventually they will perfected it. Russians has pretty advance delivery and defense systems. Just imagine 50 megaton thermonuclear bomb detonated in your city and russians still have +8000 more if its not enough.

Energycoin. eD5Kv8NxNAgge58bbyJfZpANDDJg2G7uid
Freebiescoin- Free Distribution
FCsxVbuZzEekqY9q9voNZHps7fnqndRfuF
iamahappyminer

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:06:59 AM

Guys you should see this as a plus, if Russians in USA and Russia cant use Visa and Matercard, maybe this will help bitcoin.  Way to go Visa and Mastercard!!!

I wish it would be thruth but it seems like Putin are far from Bitcoin and maybe he even think that Bitcoin is something that is american abd now he is trying to get rid of evetyting connected with US
sanjoea

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 08:19:59 AM

That's why Bitcoin is good than visa and mastercard

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
berliston

Activity: 52
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:32:29 AM

visa and mastercard made problem for wikileaks too. don't use them, they are front business of people who are against bitcoin.
What facts do you have that tell Visa&MasterCard are against Bitcoin?
Leogheo

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:38:22 PM

Guys you should see this as a plus, if Russians in USA and Russia cant use Visa and Matercard, maybe this will help bitcoin.  Way to go Visa and Mastercard!!!

Everything is for the better future!)) Maybe they finally understand what Bitcoin is our better future
amspir

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:39:47 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 06:30:31 PM by amspir

visa and mastercard made problem for wikileaks too. don't use them, they are front business of people who are against bitcoin.
What facts do you have that tell Visa&MasterCard are against Bitcoin?

It would be logical to assume that Visa/MasterCard are against Bitcoin because is it a competing payment system that would cut into their profits.   They are going to fight it, or find a way to adapt and live with it, such as providing bitcoin to Visa/MasterCard gateways.

I personally think that Visa/MasterCard should fade away, by deeming themselves to be the arbiter of who can trade on the system (i.e. Wikileaks, Russian citizens using certain banks)  

I think the Target data breach helps the world know just how insecure their system is.
1CoolNewb

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:56:27 PM

I have it on good authority from both my Russian and Chinese friends say this whole mess will blow over soon enough and get back to normal. 

So everyone can calm down and reinvest in btc.
direction

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:14:03 AM

More details is here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525168.0

I think it's good time to educate russians about the benefits of bitcoin.

I'm calling all russian speaking to start massive campaing promoting bitcoin in comments and discussions of relevant articles in russian press. May be their dumb authorities will finally realize that bitcoin is their friend.

It's obvious that you don't understand how credit cards work. No, they didn't block heir bank accounts, they just cannot spend them using heir debit/credit cards. This hurts American and European businesses more than Russia and the Russians! Stupid Obama! Worst president ever!

Perhaps it is for you, that what others think.
department

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:14:29 AM

More details is here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525168.0

I think it's good time to educate russians about the benefits of bitcoin.

I'm calling all russian speaking to start massive campaing promoting bitcoin in comments and discussions of relevant articles in russian press. May be their dumb authorities will finally realize that bitcoin is their friend.

It's obvious that you don't understand how credit cards work. No, they didn't block heir bank accounts, they just cannot spend them using heir debit/credit cards. This hurts American and European businesses more than Russia and the Russians! Stupid Obama! Worst president ever!

Perhaps it is for you, that what others think.

Feel you say is like the Russian government does not support the development of network economy.
greenteanosugar

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:11:00 AM

I have it on good authority from both my Russian and Chinese friends say this whole mess will blow over soon enough and get back to normal. 

So everyone can calm down and reinvest in btc.

I am pretty sure this show will soon end and we just should be patient
Brangdon

Activity: 365
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:16:51 PM

It would be logical to assume that Visa/MasterCard are against Bitcoin because is it a competing payment system that would cut into their profits.   They are going to fight it, or find a way to adapt and live with it, such as proving bitcoin to Visa/MasterCard gateways.
At least some of the value they offer comes from consumer protection. The charge-backs that vendors hate are beneficial to customers, and since it is customers who have the money there may well still be a market for credit card-like consumer protection in Bitcoin.

Bitcoin: 1BrangfWu2YGJ8W6xNM7u66K4YNj2mie3t Nxt: NXT-XZQ9-GRW7-7STD-ES4DB
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:54:18 PM

I personally think that Visa/MasterCard should fade away, by deeming themselves to be the arbiter of who can trade on the system (i.e. Wikileaks, Russian citizens using certain banks)  

Agreed. VISA / Master just play supporting roles to the US in its war for world domination.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:54:46 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525190.msg5956741#msg5956741

It would be interesting to see what MasterCard or VISA investors think about this.  Roll Eyes
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:22:04 PM

I am really worried about BTC-E. They just activated VISA withdrawals.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 2242

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:38:37 AM

Not all test work in the first time eventually they will perfected it. Russians has pretty advance delivery and defense systems. Just imagine 50 megaton thermonuclear bomb detonated in your city and russians still have +8000 more if its not enough.
*laugh* If you think anyone can lob a tsar bomba over here, then you really need a bit of perspective. Go look it up, see what a 50mt bomb is.

As for being worried? Nope. This kind of tech is exceptionally complex, and not having been kept up to date in the past 20 years is a good indication that it might have... problems... working.

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:48:55 AM

50MT or 100MT is really too much, it would cause too many problems. Though 97% of energy was generated by fusion, the last explosion of 50MT bomb resulted with massive radioactive contamination above the Arctic Circle.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:43:06 AM

Sub'd this thread +1 to the OP and thanks for the news.  This sounds like something I'll be very interested in learning more about when I've got more time.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:24:39 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 07:28:56 PM by Balthazar

Visa, Mastercard resume services with 2 Russian banks blocked after US sanctions

http://rt.com/business/visa-mastercard-us-sanctions-693/

Sanctioned Bank Rossiya ditches foreign currency for rouble

http://rt.com/business/rossiya-bank-sanctions-ruble-913/

Will see... Roll Eyes
jetspot

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 08:00:28 PM

the bigger news still to come is pick pocketting, handbag thieves and 'stick ups' because everyone has to start carrying around lots of bank notes now instead of a card protected by a pin number

Then why not put ATM's inside the retail stores? That would solve the issue of walking around with a lot of cash on hand.

And I agree, this was a very bone-headed move by Obama.
RomeoCharlie

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:42:57 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 01:22:59 PM by RomeoCharlie

I do not believe it can help coins somehow.
Coins are enemies for a classic currency of any country - especially like Russia.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: