Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:08:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][2POW] Luck - A new consensus algorithm to eliminate large mining pools  (Read 6520 times)
miner2251

Activity: 34
Merit: 85

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 04:25:33 PM

When browsing homepage I cannot see any signatures or hashes that can be used to confirm that binary is correctly downloaded. Where I can verify it?

Edit: is my SHA-256 of the file correct for linux binary?
Code:
$ sha256sum luck
267162b50b00538c2d07d255142684dbc0ba2ba6f3d0d23602d9365176d184fe  luck
gameparadise007

Activity: 442
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 04:50:33 PM

I was able to download the wallet. Mining works now, I found a block few mins back.
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 05:44:38 PM

I am very sorry for the troubles caused by the problem of downloading the wallet. Your enthusiasm has exceeded our expectations.
Current network is basically sufficient after upgraded.
Later we will put the wallets on other third-party platforms.
x23a1s

Activity: 171

kiramine.com

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 05:49:25 PM

hey there guys,

i hope its ok and the dev accepts it but i just created a new discord server for Luck.

I guess its a lot better in terms of communication etc.

Feel free to join.

https://discord.gg/TN6XhcD

Greetings

Alex
vjudeu

Activity: 691
Merit: 1600

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 05:52:21 PM

Still waiting for sources, but meanwhile I analyzed binary files a bit and found out that the code comes from https://github.com/luck/go-luck, but this repository is probably non-public. Just getting ASCII strings from binary revealed a lot of things, but I need more digging to get something meaningful without having access to the source code.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
x23a1s

kiramine.com

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 06:03:14 PM

I am very sorry for the troubles caused by the problem of downloading the wallet. Your enthusiasm has exceeded our expectations.
Current network is basically sufficient after upgraded.
Later we will put the wallets on other third-party platforms.

Hi,

Just downloaded Linux wallet from https://lucknet.club/wallets/luck, and started mining.
Wallet synced, so i started mining, BUT, i have mined 3 blocks, and now my balance is 30000------000 (more zeros than i can count basically) I think perhaps your wallet is broken, either that or i somehow hit the "jackpot"

Thoughts?

join the community discord i opened recently.

had the same issue

your node is just not fully synced
miner2251

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 06:04:12 PM

The smallest unit is 0.000,000,000,000,000,001 and you are getting results in these smallest units. Drop last 18 zeros and you will get the actual number of coins before decimal dot.

Edit:
It depends. If "net.peerCount" is nonzero and "fort.syncing" is true, then you will have to wait to get fully synced. Otherwise, if "net.peerCount" is nonzero and "fort.syncing" is false, then you probably have all blocks. You can also compare "fort.blockNumber" with the number of blocks you can see in a block explorer.
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 06:12:04 PM

The smallest unit is 0.000,000,000,000,000,001 and you are getting results in these smallest units. Drop last 18 zeros and you will get the actual number of coins before decimal dot.

Edit:
It depends. If "net.peerCount" is nonzero and "fort.syncing" is true, then you will have to wait to get fully synced. Otherwise, if "net.peerCount" is nonzero and "fort.syncing" is false, then you probably have all blocks. You can also compare "fort.blockNumber" with the number of blocks you can see in a block explorer.

So the block reward is only 1 coin?
miner2251

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 06:15:47 PM

It is 1.000,000,000,000,000,000 coins, so one with 18 zeros (if you count in smallest units).
x23a1s

kiramine.com

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 06:16:05 PM

Edit:

exactly
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 06:23:09 PM

Edit:

exactly

What a complete waste of time...why would anyone want to work with any currency with 18 decimal places......

x23a1s

kiramine.com

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 06:29:38 PM

why not ?

monero has 12 decimal places, so not very far away  Wink
AllForOneA41
Copper Member

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 06:33:07 PM

The wallet on windows and Linux have a fu*&^% big issue make seed nodes to work correctly when I close wallet and reopen it in windows it shows Im at block 0 and its complete Huh?? cant connect to any peer and also in vps when I restart I see there are two chains already on one almost 500 blocks and on second 300 :-)
vjudeu

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 06:38:52 PM

a white paper
https://lucknet.club/doc/luck.pdf

or at least a github
https://github.com/luck-coin/
Unfortunately, there is no source code here yet. For now, I will try to dig in binaries and write something on my own, but I hope developers will publish the sources soon.

algo type
So far as we know, argon2d is strong defense against GPU/ASIC, which is the most important goal for cryptocurrencies. Argon2d is a password-hashing function, argon2d uses data-dependent memory access which makes it vulnerable to side-channel attacks. We will choose argon2d as the hash function used in mining.

block reward
What is the technical parameters of Luckcoin
Block size: 2MB.
Block generation rate: 20 seconds.
Total supply: 32,650,000.
Reward strategy: Decrease by 10% every two years
Initial reward: 1.05Luck/Block (1.00 for miner, 0.05 for developers).
Pre-mining: 1% for bountry.

and a "proper" wallet....its 2020, who wants a command line
There is the GUI wallet for windows and the console wallet for Linux, maybe in the future there will be some GUI wallet for Linux, too. But this code is mostly based on Ethereum, so probably when source code will be available, I think it will be quite easy to get some Ethereum GUI wallet and modify it a bit to get it working on this coin.

perhaps then, this coin, MIGHT, just get a following
Maybe, if it will not be dominated by pools. I still think it is possible on this coin, but I really appreciate any work on getting rid of pool pressure.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
miner2251

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 07:00:08 PM

md5sum: 7db00ea6510131509878d0f50bc62a15
Why not SHA-256 or something stronger? MD5 has collisions and producing two different files giving the same hash is trivial on a typical PC in seconds!

The wallet on windows and Linux have a fu*&^% big issue make seed nodes to work correctly when I close wallet and reopen it in windows it shows Im at block 0 and its complete Huh?? cant connect to any peer and also in vps when I restart I see there are two chains already on one almost 500 blocks and on second 300 :-)
So they didn't fixed those issues from testnet. Yes, the client should download all blocks first and should not allow mining when there are no connections (unless forced by the user). I can also reproduce issue with 500 vs 300 blocks. My miner has all blocks (now around 550 in the moment of writing), but my client has only 300 blocks and cannot get any connections, too.
vjudeu

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 07:08:37 PM

I did more digging and found that these binaries were probably built in DEBUG mode! So they contain a lot of debugging symbols, so I will try to extract some source code from that. A list of sections sounds promising, there are ".symtab" and a lots of ".zdebug" sections. There are also many github links with all dependencies.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jdmac1

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:16:09 PM

windows wallet to jdbitmac@protonmail.com
AllForOneA41
Copper Member

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:33:51 PM

Make wallet work proper because I already realize that we have 3 or more chains. Explorer show over 700 blocks I mine on chain with over 600 blocks and PPL have less than 600 what a shit. Better close it now make good seed node and compile wallet to work with that node. also when PPL start to mine and they are not fully synced they create new chain what a misery. Sherlock close that and redo all to work like it should. Instead of making a mess.
gameparadise007

Activity: 442

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:59:41 PM

Make wallet work proper because I already realize that we have 3 or more chains. Explorer show over 700 blocks I mine on chain with over 600 blocks and PPL have less than 600 what a shit. Better close it now make good seed node and compile wallet to work with that node. also when PPL start to mine and they are not fully synced they create new chain what a misery. Sherlock close that and redo all to work like it should. Instead of making a mess.

Strange for me there are two PC and both are in sync with the explorer.
One of my friend is also mining and he is also synced with same as block explorer.
One more thing the block explorer don't refresh and needs to be refreshed manually.
Barsban

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 09:22:12 PM

I have same situation many times with other projects and don't cry like You so just sync again and join network maybe You can start cry to satoshi that You are late ?? Maybe they will reset Bitcoin too?? Be wise and Good Luck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: