Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:18:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][2POW] Luck - A new consensus algorithm to eliminate large mining pools  (Read 6525 times)
vjudeu

Activity: 746
Merit: 1745

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 01:57:50 PM

is there a mining pool for LUCK?
Yes, there are some hidden mining pools. It is difficult to detect them, because they send shares in a P2P network only between pool nodes. For example currently I can earn one block per ~40 days when solo mining and 0.001 coins per ~hour in pool. Mining on-chain blocks is getting more and more difficult, so people are sharing some easier blocks off-chain. Also, since merged mining require no additional computing power, it is profitable to both solo mine and in pool at the same time. Everyone just creates blocks as usual: if it meets on-chain difficulty, it is shared on-chain. If it meets pool difficulty (around 1000x easier now, but it depends on node settings), it is shared off-chain.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
x23a1s

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

kiramine.com

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 03:54:25 PM

is there a mining pool for LUCK?
Yes, there are some hidden mining pools. It is difficult to detect them, because they send shares in a P2P network only between pool nodes. For example currently I can earn one block per ~40 days when solo mining and 0.001 coins per ~hour in pool. Mining on-chain blocks is getting more and more difficult, so people are sharing some easier blocks off-chain. Also, since merged mining require no additional computing power, it is profitable to both solo mine and in pool at the same time. Everyone just creates blocks as usual: if it meets on-chain difficulty, it is shared on-chain. If it meets pool difficulty (around 1000x easier now, but it depends on node settings), it is shared off-chain.

it seems you basically dont understand what the sense of luck is right ?

it whole idea behind luck is to stop mining pools. and no one exist.

that are just big guys with bunch of nodes, not more

hashrate has no big factor on luck, only node amount

Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 23, 2020, 04:29:06 AM

For everyone who waiting the signature bounty, the signature set is already designed, but from what i saw on this threads you're really waiting for the bounty , but current allocated coin for trial signature bounty is only enough for 3 higher rank, im requesting more luck to have more opportunity for low rank member to participants with us, lets see if dev will give more token for the bounty to get massive feedback from community.

i have already paid your additional fee, and i hope you will start the signature campaign as soon as possible, thank you
Neoterix

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2020, 12:42:47 PM

For everyone who waiting the signature bounty, the signature set is already designed, but from what i saw on this threads you're really waiting for the bounty , but current allocated coin for trial signature bounty is only enough for 3 higher rank, im requesting more luck to have more opportunity for low rank member to participants with us, lets see if dev will give more token for the bounty to get massive feedback from community.

i have already paid your additional fee, and i hope you will start the signature campaign as soon as possible, thank you

thanks for the additional credits Sherlock, I hope Members can participate too in the signature campaign. when it starts?
vjudeu

View Profile
September 29, 2020, 07:00:23 PM

My new article from discord bounty: Two-phase-proof-of-work as a solution to mining pools?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tarsmozirko22

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 02:47:31 PM

Hi dev, do you have any plan to do something more in the near future?
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 03:48:43 PM

Hello everyone.
After a period of running, the current mining of luck should have been monopolized by FPGA, which obviously goes against the original intention of luck.
Consider the future of luck, we are planning to change luck's mining algorithm from argon2d to RandomX (the hash function used by the Monero project). According to our research, RandomX is only CPU mining, FPGA has no advantage over CPU. The upgrade may be carried out recently. Please pay attention to it, thank you.
In addition, who have a deep understanding of the CPU mining algorithm, please share more experiences about the mining algorithm, and provide more suggestions, thank you.
Good luck to luck.
vjudeu

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 08:21:22 AM

Another hard fork? Ouch. Why changing algo to RandomX and not something yescrypt-based? As far as I know, small CPU miners are mining many yespower-based coins. If it would be possible to mine Monero using CPU, I would do it since I heard about this coin. Also, another problem is that it is now impossible to get less than blockReward coins without using pools. And I think that is the main reason why pools are created: people joined Bitcoin pools not because algo was unfriendly, but because mining 50 coins was getting more and more difficult.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sgaragagghu

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 08:30:47 AM

Hello everyone.
After a period of running, the current mining of luck should have been monopolized by FPGA, which obviously goes against the original intention of luck.
Consider the future of luck, we are planning to change luck's mining algorithm from argon2d to RandomX (the hash function used by the Monero project). According to our research, RandomX is only CPU mining, FPGA has no advantage over CPU. The upgrade may be carried out recently. Please pay attention to it, thank you.
In addition, who have a deep understanding of the CPU mining algorithm, please share more experiences about the mining algorithm, and provide more suggestions, thank you.
Good luck to luck.
Good!

Another hard fork? Ouch. Why changing algo to RandomX and not something yescrypt-based? As far as I know, small CPU miners are mining many yespower-based coins. If it would be possible to mine Monero using CPU, I would do it since I heard about this coin. Also, another problem is that it is now impossible to get less than blockReward coins without using pools. And I think that is the main reason why pools are created: people joined Bitcoin pools not because algo was unfriendly, but because mining 50 coins was getting more and more difficult.
Monero is CPU only, but there are botnet and mining farm that are mining it, so it is hard to mine...
About the block reward, with pool this coins is useless since its only purpose was to not have pools  Grin
Block reward is already 1LUCK for this purpose (I think).
Let's see!
vjudeu

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 09:00:01 AM

Block reward is already 1LUCK for this purpose (I think).
It has 18 decimal units, the smallest unit is 0.000000000000000001 coin, so it is possible to give everyone something smaller than blockReward.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tarsmozirko22

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 06:22:06 AM

What is wrong with you?
The main purpose of this coin is to avoid pool mining. You just go here and keep saying "we need a pool to receive <blockReward"?
tarsmozirko22

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 06:36:55 AM

Hello everyone.
Good luck to luck.
RandomX is good. A lot of projects already prove that RandomX is CPU-friendly, no need to debate about it here.
Please consider tuning the parameters so that medium-spec machines can run it well, if you put the parameters too high, it may slow down the node syncing speed.
othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 09:29:01 AM

~

RandomX is good to restrict FGPA miners, but the main issue is pool mining as some users stated earlier, there are private mining pools. I don't know if this is true, tho.

vjudeu

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 10:42:20 AM

What is wrong with you?
The main purpose of this coin is to avoid pool mining. You just go here and keep saying "we need a pool to receive <blockReward"?
Nope, I am only trying to say that creating pools is still possible, so we should do something to allow receiving "<blockReward" without pools. In other cases, sooner or later many people will start using pools, simply because it is more profitable to mine something smaller now than mine something bigger later (also because I sold my coins at 10k sats per coin, now 1k sats per coin is typical price, so having any coins before was far more profitable than having even twice more coins now).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tarsmozirko22

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 03:19:53 PM

Hi devs, if this project is dead or you don't want to develop it anymore, please make an announcement so everybody won't waste time checking.
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 02:17:29 AM

Hi devs, if this project is dead or you don't want to develop it anymore, please make an announcement so everybody won't waste time checking.

Sorry to trouble you
If all goes well, the next upgrade will be carried out around November 5th (mining algorithm will be changed), we will notify on the official website 1 week in advance.
othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 04:30:45 PM

Sorry to trouble you
If all goes well, the next upgrade will be carried out around November 5th (mining algorithm will be changed), we will notify on the official website 1 week in advance.

Thanks for the heads-up dev. I will be watching the website, but please stop by in here and give us an update into this thread too. Cheers!

tarsmozirko22

View Profile
October 21, 2020, 11:02:12 AM

Sorry to trouble you
Great! glad to see your response  Smiley
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 10:20:58 AM

Hello

The update has been released and the new algorithm (RandomX) will take effect at block height 388000. You only need to download the newest windows/Linux wallet before the new algorithm takes effect.

In addition, the new node needs to be initialized when it starts up, the process will last for 5-7 minutes, just wait.
qwwq010

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 03:14:14 PM

When will the new wallet be updated?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: