Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:25:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][2POW] Luck - A new consensus algorithm to eliminate large mining pools  (Read 6517 times)
qwwq010

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 03:22:26 PM

Where to see the power of calculation?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
garlonicon

Activity: 803
Merit: 1932

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 04:09:26 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2020, 04:23:58 PM by garlonicon

You can get it directly from your node, for example:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
./luck attach ~/.luck/luck.ipc --exec 'for(var i=0;i<fort.blockNumber;++i){console.log(fort.getBlock(i).totalDifficulty);}'
This command will print totalDifficulty for each block. You can save it to some text file and draw some chart using Excel or any other software.

Edit: currently it looks like that, but I hope it will change after hard fork:
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 02:57:19 AM

You can get it directly from your node, for example:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
./luck attach ~/.luck/luck.ipc --exec 'for(var i=0;i<fort.blockNumber;++i){console.log(fort.getBlock(i).totalDifficulty);}'
This command will print totalDifficulty for each block. You can save it to some text file and draw some chart using Excel or any other software.

Edit: currently it looks like that, but I hope it will change after hard fork:

you do a good job. but i think luck value is more important than power.
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 08:58:52 AM

hello
we just upload a new wallet to the website, someone who can't sync needs to download the newest wallet, clear the luck-data directory, and restart it.
vjudeu

Activity: 677
Merit: 1559

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 04:54:56 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2020, 06:13:34 PM by vjudeu

but i think luck value is more important than power
It depends. For now, it seems we have two different chains. I expected that this coin will repeat many Ethereum's mistakes, because most source code is exactly the same, but didn't expect it will follow Ethereum that strict. Now we have two coins: Luck and Luck Classic, it seems that many nodes are still refusing to update their software. That's one of the reason why hard forks are harmful, they can be simply rejected by not updating.

I still wonder if qTrade is updated or not, I will check it out if I will mine something.

Edit: qTrade still supports Luck before forking, so sticking with Luck Classic may be good for trading. Anyone want to swap coins between Luck and Luck Classic with me? Also, if you can mine any of these coins, you can split them by using coinbase properly. On one network such transaction will be valid, but on another it will fail, because it will refer to a block after fork, that is not valid in another network. So, all you need is just spending coins from any block generated after the fork, then both coins will be splitted.

Edit:
We have checked that there are some instabilities in the synchronization block after update. The block explorer is unavailable, and the specific problem is being located.

Please don't do transactions these days.
Why not? If people wants to buy and sell Luck Classic, there is no reason to stop them. We reached 400,000 blocks in Luck Classic and almost the same in Luck. Since block 388,000 there are thousands of blocks that are different in both networks. You won't revert that, if you will attack any of these two networks, it will be the biggest attack ever! It would then mean that even 150 confirmations is not sufficient to get irreversible transactions. You forked your own coin without any signalling for hard fork or even checking what will happen if most nodes won't update (and miners have no reasons to update, if they will get less Luck than Luck Classic, assuming 1:1 price ratio). You could release a new version that would produce different extraNonce by default, that was all needed to count how many users will upgrade their nodes. But now, it is too late, there are two different networks and we all have to deal with it.

Edit: Here is my proposal, maybe it will help making the situation better than it currently is: https://github.com/vjudeu/LIPs

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 12:49:54 PM

hello
After block #388000, algorithm has been upgraded to RandomX, the system began to have some problems such as synchronization, and as the number of new nodes increased and the blocks mined by the new algorithm increased, the synchronization became more and more unstable. According to our analysis, the RandomX use a mutual lock when calculating the hash value, and it takes about 1.5 seconds to calculate the hash value. When the number of nodes increases and the number of blocks that need to be synchronized increases, the instability of the system is dramatic increase.

From a long-term perspective, we still need to upgrade luck's algorithm, and the specific possible upgrade plan needs to be decided by everyone. Let me briefly talk about our thoughts, because the capacity consensus mechanism adopted by the POC mechanism naturally has the conditions to eliminate ASICs. If we change the design of 2POW to 2POC, which not only combines the advantages of POC, but also does not change the original intention of anti-pools, it may be a reasonable solution.

There are two solutions to the current problems caused by RandomX.

1 Export all the data before block #388000 and publicize it, and the system will stop. Until the new mechanism is implemented, the system restarts and sends the coins to the previous addresses through pre-mining.

2 We found that some nodes continue to use the old algorithm for mining after the block #388000. We will continue to keep the old algorithm for mining for the time being and close the algorithm RandomX. Until the new mechanism is implemented, it will be upgraded again through a hard fork.
vjudeu

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 04:47:21 PM

and the system will stop
If it is possible to remotely stop the system by shutting down nodes, it would mean it is not truly decentralized. Because if it can be stopped now, it could be stopped in the future by any attacker, just by using the same methods. And it would mean that in the future someone could have an incentive to break something and convince people to such "temporary shutdown" for profit, because any split doubles money and the later it happens, the more coins are doubled, because more coins are mined in both chains.

Until the new mechanism is implemented, the system restarts and sends the coins to the previous addresses through pre-mining.
There is no need to compress such data (because this approach is nothing else than compression of 388,000 blocks into one). Building on top of existing chain is easier and more transparent than creating one block which will give everyone some coins "out of nothing".

We will continue to keep the old algorithm for mining for the time being and close the algorithm RandomX.
Keeping the old chain is good idea, because it works and is correctly handled by exchange, but why do you want to stop the new chain? It is unstable, so it may be used just as a new testnet. There are some nodes that upgraded to it, they will have an incentive to install the newest version, because then they will get more stable version. And in this way it will be also possible to check if interactions between different versions won't cause any more problems than we currently have. And when this new chain will be stable, both chains should be joined at some block, ideally after enough miners will signalize support for the newest version in their extraNonces on both chains and you will send special transaction, after which new rules will be activated on both chains at the same time, ideally at the same block height.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
stas333

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 11:09:08 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2020, 11:25:25 PM by stas333

hello
After block #388000, algorithm has been upgraded to RandomX, the system began to have some problems such as synchronization, and as the number of new nodes increased and the blocks mined by the new algorithm increased, the synchronization became more and more unstable. According to our analysis, the RandomX use a mutual lock when calculating the hash value, and it takes about 1.5 seconds to calculate the hash value. When the number of nodes increases and the number of blocks that need to be synchronized increases, the instability of the system is dramatic increase.

From a long-term perspective, we still need to upgrade luck's algorithm, and the specific possible upgrade plan needs to be decided by everyone. Let me briefly talk about our thoughts, because the capacity consensus mechanism adopted by the POC mechanism naturally has the conditions to eliminate ASICs. If we change the design of 2POW to 2POC, which not only combines the advantages of POC, but also does not change the original intention of anti-pools, it may be a reasonable solution.

There are two solutions to the current problems caused by RandomX.

1 Export all the data before block #388000 and publicize it, and the system will stop. Until the new mechanism is implemented, the system restarts and sends the coins to the previous addresses through pre-mining.

2 We found that some nodes continue to use the old algorithm for mining after the block #388000. We will continue to keep the old algorithm for mining for the time being and close the algorithm RandomX. Until the new mechanism is implemented, it will be upgraded again through a hard fork.
we can switch to yespower algorithm
vjudeu

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 08:55:53 AM

we can switch to yespower algorithm
I proposed it before and my idea was rejected. As long as the chosen algorithm will be stable and different from other coins to prevent merged mining, it does not matter that much. If people still think we should go for RandomX, I have nothing against it, if it will be stable.

Also, we could use Proof of Capacity if I correctly see what "POC" means. Why not, whatever hard fork will be created, it will change everything dramatically, one more change won't hurt the coin as long as enough nodes will upgrade. This time it should be somehow measured, maybe by extraNonce in mined blocks or anything else, because activating new rules without enough upgraded nodes will definitely cause another split.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 06:34:22 AM

Luck-2poc is about to enter the testing phase and is now recruiting hard disk miners.

Luck-2poc is an upgraded version of Luck-2pow. As for why need to upgrade, the reasons are as follows:

1. Luck-2pow's community and miners are very good participants. As the value of luck gets higher and higher, it has attracted the attention of GPU professional miners. GPU participation monopolizes computing power and harms the interests of cpu miners. In order to protect the interests of the community, Luck-2pow once chose to upgrade the argon2d algorithm to the randomx algorithm.
2. As the Luck-2pow algorithm is upgraded to RandomX, the system begins to have synchronization difficulties, and as the number of new nodes increases and the blocks mined by the new algorithm increase, synchronization becomes more and more unstable. According to engineering and theoretical analysis, randomX uses a mutex Lock when calculating the hash value, and it takes about 1.5 seconds to calculate the hash value. When the number of nodes increases and the number of blocks that need to be synchronized increases, the instability of the system will increase dramatically. Then Luck-2pow is suspended.

In order to protect the interests of the Luck-2pow community and miners, Luck-2pow was upgraded to Luck-2poc again. The reason is: Luck-2poc uses hard disk capacity for mining, in principle, GPU computing power monopoly will not be formed; in order to protect the interests of community miners, we have made a promise: We will give the same amount of Luck-2poc compensation to the accounts that holding Luck-2pow before the block 388,000. At the same time, rewards will be given to miners who participate in the Luck-2poc mining test. The reward mechanism is as follows:

1. Recruit new hard disk miners and give test rewards;
2. Users who sign up for participation are tentatively scheduled for 50 accounts. The first 20 registered miners will be rewarded with 800 tokens for each account; the remaining 30 registered miners will be rewarded with 400 tokens.;
3. Registration: Email to Sherlock.Holmes.luck@protonmail.com.
4. Test time: January 15, 2021
5. Test cycle: 2 weeks
vjudeu

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 10:47:26 AM

1. Testnet or prenet? If testnet is created and destroyed before mainnet, it is called prenet (as it was in Bitcoin before Genesis Block in October 2008). So, will test coins be destroyed after testing or not?
2. Why registration by email? What was wrong with "binaries on website, sources on GitHub" release scheme?
3. Will everyone receive the same version? When getting binaries/sources by email, users can never be sure if someone else has some "better version". You could as well send everyone some unique version. There is no way of checking what other people received. Will we receive binaries only or also with source code?
4. Usually testnet coins receive less attention, as they are worthless and some people are waiting for mainnet (especially when there are lots of competing altcoins over there). Why limit that interest even more and release only by email, sending every version to every user by hand? Most recent problems were related to the network congestion, the more users will be there, the better tested software we will have.

I still have doubts, but I am ready to try it out, so I sent you mail.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
garlonicon

Activity: 803
Merit: 1932

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 11:16:21 AM

I also have many doubts, for example will there be any replay protection? Because there are thousands of blocks mined after block 388,000. Some of them used argon2d, some used RandomX, if they will be replayed on "luck2", it will cause a lot of damage!

Edit: being more specific: the whole blocks cannot be replayed, but transactions from that blocks could. Especially in Ethereum-based coins, where you have account-based system instead of input-based. All standard non-contract transactions are just saying: take X coins from account Y and transfer it to account Z. There should be something preventing from including such transactions in luck2 network.
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 03:58:36 AM

1. Testnet or prenet? If testnet is created and destroyed before mainnet, it is called prenet (as it was in Bitcoin before Genesis Block in October 2008). So, will test coins be destroyed after testing or not?
2. Why registration by email? What was wrong with "binaries on website, sources on GitHub" release scheme?
3. Will everyone receive the same version? When getting binaries/sources by email, users can never be sure if someone else has some "better version". You could as well send everyone some unique version. There is no way of checking what other people received. Will we receive binaries only or also with source code?
4. Usually testnet coins receive less attention, as they are worthless and some people are waiting for mainnet (especially when there are lots of competing altcoins over there). Why limit that interest even more and release only by email, sending every version to every user by hand? Most recent problems were related to the network congestion, the more users will be there, the better tested software we will have.

I still have doubts, but I am ready to try it out, so I sent you mail.

Thank you for your attention, Smiley and I will reply to your questions.
1.This is testet, not prenet. After the mainnet launched, the project will start from the first block.
2.The file of Luck-2poc will be published on GitHub and will be notified to everyone on bitcointalk. As for why email registration is required, it is because our mining method has changed. We don’t know whether luck’s miners hold hard drives, and we also hope that real and reliable hard drive miners will participate in the test.
3.Every miner participating in the test will get the same resources on GitHub. For accounts that participate in the email registration, the data will be included in the test report.
4.Of course, we welcome the participation of hard disk miners. Email registration is to select honest miners, follow up on mining data, and give some token rewards. I believe that once mainnet launched, miners are also looking forward to knowing the test results in order to decide whether to participate.
hextobig

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 12:12:57 PM

Look forward to the change from POW to POC, which will fundamentally eliminate the advantages of GPU.
POC has higher professional requirements for miners.
The current market for POC projects does not seem to be doing well.
neguinho1

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2021, 08:32:33 PM

Look forward to the change from POW to POC, which will fundamentally eliminate the advantages of GPU.
POC has higher professional requirements for miners.
The current market for POC projects does not seem to be doing well.
wallet gui not found?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 02:44:28 AM

Publicity: The test file of Luck-2poc has been released. You can click https://github.com/luck-coin/luckcoin/blob/master/wiki/miner_test.md to view the details.

Recruitment of Luck-2poc test miners is in progress, Luck-2poc official test time: January 15, 2021, test period: 2 weeks.

At present, we have received emails from miners who want to participate in the test, and at the same time, please send us the wallet address and hard disk capacity by email so that we can do data analysis. It is also the basis for later payment of rewards.
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 09:54:13 AM

After Luck-2pow reaches the height of 388000 block, Luck-2pow will be upgraded to Luck-2poc. In order to protect the interests of the Luck-2pow community and miners, we will make equal compensation for the address holding luck-2pow after luck-2poc launched.

When the block height reaches 388000, these accounts have Luck-2pow, if you have any questions, please email us in time.

The holding accounts are as follows:https://github.com/luck-coin/luckcoin/blob/master/wiki/luck-2pow.md
AkameXKurome
Copper Member

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

https://cutt.ly/qdAR1Fh - Korean translation

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2021, 12:52:50 PM

i have 600 luck in my old wallet, what will happend if the chain restart ?
coinlatte

Activity: 21
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 08:49:18 AM

How to run miner.startPlot command? Could you give some working example? It seems that the last two arguments have to be strings and I don't know how should I type them, as this method returns false for everything I tried so far.
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 09:14:07 AM

The testnet of luck2-2poc has been deployed, and the test wallet has been published to the official website.
For some issues we have received by emails, we reply as follows:

1 Whether the test supported to windows system?
This testnet mining is only for linux machines, and windows will be provided after the mainnet launched.

2 Why do i need a hard drive of 1T and above?
The principle of the POC consensus mechanism is to write a large number of hash values ​​in the hard disk in advance, and this process is called plotting. When mining, it searches the hard disk for "answers" instead of consuming a lot of calculations. 2POC as an upgrade of the POC consensus, still requires plotting.
At present, our optimization has reduced the consumption of some hard disks. In theory, hard disks with more than 256GB can also participate in mining, compared with large-capacity hard disks, there may be a slight disadvantage.

3 Is there a difference in wallet address between luck2-2poc and luck-2pow? Is there any replay protection?
Luck2-2poc and luck-2pow use the same format on the wallet address. luck2-2poc realizes the replay protection of transactions by setting different chainID.

4 What do the holders of luck-2pow need to do in luck2-2poc?
At present, luck2-2poc and luck-2pow use the same format on the wallet address, but different networks, so you only need to save the keystore file and private key. The same address will receive the same token compensation after the luck2-2poc mainnet launched.

5 How to participate in the test?
Please refer to the introduction in https://github.com/luck-coin/luckcoin/blob/master/wiki/miner_test.md.

6 How do the accounts participating in the test get rewards in the mainnet?
We give priority to the 800 rewards for the 20 addresses that register first, and 400 rewards for the 30 addresses that register subsequently. For registered addresses, if there is no mining record in the test network, the corresponding rewards will be cancelled.
At present, we have received some test registration emails. We have been waiting for your registration and participation before the test is completed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: