Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:52:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A sign that bitcoin price will begin rising soon?  (Read 2473 times)
davida (OP)

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:57:25 PM

So I was comparing the April price rise with November price rise. I overlaid the 2 charts and lined up the peak of the boom.  First thing i notice is the strong similarities in these 2 graphs.

Is it naive to think this is a sign of good things to come in the next few months?

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:18:25 PM

If look at the June 2011 crash, it didn't start rising again until about a year later.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:21:32 PM

If look at the June 2011 crash, it didn't start rising again until about a year later.
So the frequency of THE PATTERN is increasing.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:22:21 PM

The last few days are down now, but up on the older chart, so perhaps we are at a critical point right now?

The big Rally didn't start until ~Jan 2013.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4481

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:30:13 PM

after april 1st you will see these countries buyin in again
UK
Canada
Hong Kong
India
Japan
Burma
New Zealand
South Africa

due to it being a new financial year. so expect a rise in April when people start eating up the sell wall..

same will happen in October November after the american/costa rician financial year starts..

oh wait.. the graph points this out tooo...

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:28:26 AM

after april 1st you will see these countries buyin in again
UK
Canada
Hong Kong
India
Japan
Burma
New Zealand
South Africa

due to it being a new financial year. so expect a rise in April when people start eating up the sell wall..

same will happen in October November after the american/costa rician financial year starts..

oh wait.. the graph points this out tooo...
Real world events, not triangles, smoke, and ponies.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:45:45 AM

The minimum was in November. It seriously recovered on New Year's eve and a few days later.
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg1460zczsg2011-10-01zeg2012-01-07ztgMzm1g10zm2g25

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:58:26 AM

It looks like overlaying price action with previous years rallies is become a bad way to predict things now. In fact, every trading decision I made based on this was a mistake.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:08:03 AM

It looks like overlaying price action with previous years rallies is become a bad way to predict things now. In fact, every trading decision I made based on this was a mistake.
The patterns are similar, but seem to be increasing in frequency. Events like Mt Gox notwithstanding. Going by past trends, price will fall a little more, but market analysis time compression increases frequency and amplitude.

zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:48:33 AM

The environment is showing good signs. We still need a catalyst, such as positive news or another fiat crisis.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
jtsnau

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:54:23 AM

Real world events, not triangles, smoke, and ponies.

I wonder if the alleged predictive power of technical analysis has ever been scientifically tested.  It's "success" seems largely anecdotal and it smells like pseudoscience.
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:15:07 PM

When you compare old charts you had so many things for pumpers to pump up that price. Including china getting into the bitcoin market.

Now all you have is country after country banning it, china out of the game, lots of alt-coins etc.

I sold my bitcoins at $800 and never looked back. In my opinion you would have to be a fool to invest in bitcoins at $500 each. That is so overvauled it is crazy. You are taking on such extreme risk at these prices, and you will not get those exponential returns like you could have if you bought in the single digits.

On top of that it is too risky to put up any kind of substantial money into bitcoins as we know you can easily lose your bitcoins. I won't invest 100K of my cash in bitcoins but I will do it in the stock market where at least it will not get stolen. 

The only reason the price is not lower is you have die-hard bitcoin holders just sitting out for the time being. Volume is ultra low. Everybody is relying on that the next bitcoin holder will not dump.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:11:25 PM

Had the same problem until about a week ago. Since then, I've given up on direct comparisons to mid-2013 (or 2012, or, for contrast 2011) and switched over to "smart" momentum trading (i.e. momentum with a modicum of predictive analysis), on a substantially longer time frame than before (3 days view mainly). So far, it works much better for me, but ymmv. Practically, this also means I'm now pretty much completely agnostic about whether the corrective cycle is about to end for good now, or not.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:28:58 PM

It doesn't work because it assumes that nothing has changed. Can anyone honestly say that nothing has changed?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: