Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:14:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] buying Casascius 1 BTC brass coin 2011-2013  (Read 790 times)
Powered by SMF (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 06:32:11 AM

I want to buy a Casascius coin, common one - not "error" or otherwise rare - because common ones are cheaper Smiley
Please PM your offers.

Considering the rarity and an additional shitcoin balance inside I think the adequate price should be about 1.2 BTC. Please do not PM if you want to sell 1 BTC coin for 1.5-2 BTC

The coin must be in mint/new condition, however I could consider slightly damaged (not a peeled hologram of course Smiley )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Powered by SMF (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 07:28:32 AM

Please note that the seller must accept a guarantor service, I will not send the money directly.

i.e. I send money to a third party (trusted user on this forum) and seller sends the coin to me, once I confirm the delivery the third party sends the money to the seller. I will pay the fee for the guarantor service.
For the safety I will record a video of receiving and opening the parcel, and inspecting the hologram.

Also we could just have a personal meeting for the deal Smiley I live in South-East Asia, we could meet in some big hub like Singapore or Hong Kong airport.
Room101

Activity: 541
Merit: 362

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 08:19:09 AM
Merited by rxalts (1)

Please note that the seller must accept a guarantor service, I will not send the money directly.

i.e. I send money to a third party (trusted user on this forum) and seller sends the coin to me, once I confirm the delivery the third party sends the money to the seller. I will pay the fee for the guarantor service.
For the safety I will record a video of receiving and opening the parcel, and inspecting the hologram.

Also we could just have a personal meeting for the deal Smiley I live in South-East Asia, we could meet in some big hub like Singapore or Hong Kong airport.

It usually works that buyer sends BTC to escrow like minerjones, then seller sends coin to minerjones ( not you). As soon as he receives coin from seller he forwards on the bitcoin ( minus 1%), and then forwards on the coin.

EDIT: also note insurance is impossible on bitcoins, I use the above method to import into Australia frequently, but if it gets lost/ stolen in the mail after escrow forwards you the coin, you are shit out of luck, and will lose your bitcoin. 

Bitcoin is the greatest form of protest there is. Vote in the only way that really counts: with your money.
Room101

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 08:23:40 AM

I want to buy a Casascius coin, common one - not "error" or otherwise rare - because common ones are cheaper Smiley
Please PM your offers.

Considering the rarity and an additional shitcoin balance inside I think the adequate price should be about 1.2 BTC. Please do not PM if you want to sell 1 BTC coin for 1.5-2 BTC

The coin must be in mint/new condition, however I could consider slightly damaged (not a peeled hologram of course Smiley )

Very difficult to find the brass Casascius in better than MS67. Higher grades are more common on the Silver ones, but they go for much higher prices.

Bitcoin is the greatest form of protest there is. Vote in the only way that really counts: with your money.
Powered by SMF (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 09:12:31 AM

It usually works that buyer sends BTC to escrow like minerjones, then seller sends coin to minerjones ( not you). As soon as he receives coin from seller he forwards on the bitcoin ( minus 1%), and then forwards on the coin.
No problem, this method is acceptable too.

EDIT: also note insurance is impossible on bitcoins, I use the above method to import into Australia frequently, but if it gets lost/ stolen in the mail after escrow forwards you the coin, you are shit out of luck, and will lose your bitcoin. 
You're a risky guy if you send $10'000 items via regular post Smiley
I accept DHL courier service only!
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 09:44:50 AM

Using DHL won’t cover the parcel in case of loss/damage etc.
You can insure the package up to the value it’s worth but as per their terms, it’ll be excluded from their coverage.

This includes:
• Any means of non-cash payment (e.g. cheques, ready to use credit-cards, fiscal stamps, securities, negotiable instruments, treasury notes and the like)
• Bullion and all precious metals
• Money of every description (e.g. cash, bank notes, coins, currency notes)

Bitcoin (even in a tangible form) is a commodity that won’t be covered. As BTC prices rise, most sales will be F2F or sellers will opt to peel rather than sell and expose themselves to any risk.
Room101

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 10:55:39 AM

Using DHL won’t cover the parcel in case of loss/damage etc.
You can insure the package up to the value it’s worth but as per their terms, it’ll be excluded from their coverage.

This includes:
• Any means of non-cash payment (e.g. cheques, ready to use credit-cards, fiscal stamps, securities, negotiable instruments, treasury notes and the like)
• Bullion and all precious metals
• Money of every description (e.g. cash, bank notes, coins, currency notes)

Bitcoin (even in a tangible form) is a commodity that won’t be covered. As BTC prices rise, most sales will be F2F or sellers will opt to peel rather than sell and expose themselves to any risk.

Exactly. I think it safer not to say it worth lots of money, more chance of being stolen that way. Customs is notorious for it.

krogoth

Activity: 1216
Merit: 138

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 11:34:15 AM

A VISUAL help with Escrow explanation  Wink

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Room101

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 11:40:50 AM

a VISUAL help with Escrow explanation  Wink

Interesting Krog, that's more inline with what the OP suggested initially than what I said. The issue I take with that, as a seller, is you would be assuming a lot of extra risk in sending an international shipment. If customs does steal it, or DHS lose it etc, what happens to the escrow? Does buyer get back escrow unless shipment says delivered? Means seller takes postage/customs risk instead of buyer. I wouldn't sell under those conditions, not that I ever do sell, I am a buyer only, but I always assume the risk as a buyer importing it into another country, especially one with customs who like to steal shit.

krogoth

Activity: 1216
Merit: 138

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 11:50:46 AM

a VISUAL help with Escrow explanation  Wink

Interesting Krog, that's more inline with what the OP suggested initially than what I said. The issue I take with that, as a seller, is you would be assuming a lot of extra risk in sending an international shipment. If customs does steal it, or DHS lose it etc, what happens to the escrow? Does buyer get back escrow unless shipment says delivered? Means seller takes postage/customs risk instead of buyer. I wouldn't sell under those conditions, not that I ever do sell, I am a buyer only, but I always assume the risk as a buyer importing it into another country, especially one with customs who like to steal shit.

I personally would not trust anything in the mail with a value of  0.5btc or over. For that an in person meet comes in mind or send by a crypto courier.
  For anything in the 0.2 btc range and lower I will send fedex overnight.

The visual aid is just help in visually showing how escrow works...for any item. Does not mean I agree or disagree with anyones comments

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<