Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Qortal - fully decentralized infrastructure - websites,trading,communications  (Read 14319 times)
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2020, 02:59:25 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 01:26:55 PM by mprep

please list stable coin to trade portal

All in good time my son.

Listing a token would not be in the interests of Qort from what I understand.

Those stable coins are not true cryptocurrency "coins", they are tokens turned into place holders for some pre-determined fiat value.

Bitcoin will be listed from what I read.

The listing of coins/tokens will take place based on vote in the future. At first, bitcoin will be listed, then Litecoin and ETH.

We will then work out implementation of the voting system, for future coins to be voted in as the system was designed.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2020, 08:27:06 PM

Those stable coins are not true cryptocurrency "coins", they are tokens turned into place holders for some pre-determined fiat value.

The listing of coins/tokens will take place based on vote in the future. At first, bitcoin will be listed, then Litecoin and ETH.

We will then work out implementation of the voting system, for future coins to be voted in as the system was designed.

Ok so I understood wrong. It is tokens and coins.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 02, 2020, 08:41:56 PM

Generally, everything is possible. But at the beginning, it makes total sense to add those cryptocurrencies which have big demand and liquidity. Also, it's a lot easier to list Bitcoin clones when you already have Bitcoin implemented than listing something completely new.

Generally, I like the idea of having the decision making process based on votes. As a suggestion, maybe it makes sense to combine funding with the implementation of voting based features and listings? Because that way, implementations with high demand can be easily determined AND developers receive compensation for developing features. Keeps the incentive high for everyone. Smiley

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2020, 02:57:05 PM

Generally, everything is possible. But at the beginning, it makes total sense to add those cryptocurrencies which have big demand and liquidity. Also, it's a lot easier to list Bitcoin clones when you already have Bitcoin implemented than listing something completely new.

Generally, I like the idea of having the decision making process based on votes. As a suggestion, maybe it makes sense to combine funding with the implementation of voting based features and listings? Because that way, implementations with high demand can be easily determined AND developers receive compensation for developing features. Keeps the incentive high for everyone. Smiley

I don't know about charging for it, I don't think that will be within my overall vision, but we'll take a vote on that as well

We have pushed a small auto-update with mostly some overall networking fixes and other little things, network should begin updating shortly.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 04:11:23 PM

I don't know about charging for it, I don't think that will be within my overall vision, but we'll take a vote on that as well
Just an idea, as I – as a developer myself – know that developers need some more than fresh air and sunshine to survive. Wink
But if it's possible to integrate features without this, great. Was just tossing around ideas. Smiley

I didn't really have the word "charging" in mind, more like donations, which could even inspire other developers to code for Qortal, giving incentive to grow the ecosystem with external applications. Kind of like a marketplace for things people want. With the difference that it's not coins which are traded, but services.

We have pushed a small auto-update with mostly some overall networking fixes and other little things, network should begin updating shortly.
I saw it! Like an hour ago, the qortal core's splash screen suddenly popped up on my desktop, again. Guess that was the update mechanism in action!

torig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 05:42:24 PM

How mine this?
quide for create minting account???
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 06:06:14 PM

Checkout qortal.org – there's a wiki with lots of knowledge.

To answer in short, you don't mine. In Qortal, we have a minting process similar to PoS, but you don't need coins at stake, you need a sponsor who sponsors you in order to convert your account into a minting account (which happens 7200 blocks later, so close to five days, I think).

Then, your level 0 account becomes level 1 and your account becomes part of the pool of level 1 and level 2 accounts, which share 5% of the block rewards (5 QORT each block).

The levels are (100% are 5 QORT, each block):

level 1 and 2: 5%
level 3 and 4: 10%
level 5 and 6: 15%
level 7 and 8: 20%
level 9 and 10: 25%

Hope that helps. Smiley

Edit: getting a minting account sponsored right now should be pretty hard, as there were only few level 5 accounts on the network after start. So you'll have to wait a few days until the slots are free again, after 7200 blocks have passed for the current sponsors.

Join the Discord, there's a room for everybody who wants sponsoring. Smiley

torig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 03:37:01 AM

Checkout qortal.org – there's a wiki with lots of knowledge.

To answer in short, you don't mine. In Qortal, we have a minting process similar to PoS, but you don't need coins at stake, you need a sponsor who sponsors you in order to convert your account into a minting account (which happens 7200 blocks later, so close to five days, I think).

Then, your level 0 account becomes level 1 and your account becomes part of the pool of level 1 and level 2 accounts, which share 5% of the block rewards (5 QORT each block).

The levels are (100% are 5 QORT, each block):

level 1 and 2: 5%
level 3 and 4: 10%
level 5 and 6: 15%
level 7 and 8: 20%
level 9 and 10: 25%

Hope that helps. Smiley

Edit: getting a minting account sponsored right now should be pretty hard, as there were only few level 5 accounts on the network after start. So you'll have to wait a few days until the slots are free again, after 7200 blocks have passed for the current sponsors.

Join the Discord, there's a room for everybody who wants sponsoring. Smiley

thanx a lot!
lafong

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 07:53:03 AM

vote ETH,BCH,LTC,ADA,EOS,XTZ,LINK,XLM,DASH,ZEC,MKR,XMR
lemonandfriesonetwo

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 09:46:40 AM

Suggestion: In the future, add a "dark mode" for the UI.  Cool
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 12:40:59 PM

Having problems to get the Qortal wallet to run. After I downloaded the current provided version in the opening thread I run the .sh file. According to the log file the wallet should run on port 12392 while the API run on port 12391. But when I call 127.0.0.1:12392 the page is not found while calling 127.0.0.1:12391 gives me a page which says I must enable API documentation in settings file. Any help? 
lafong

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 02:05:42 PM

Having problems to get the Qortal wallet to run. After I downloaded the current provided version in the opening thread I run the .sh file. According to the log file the wallet should run on port 12392 while the API run on port 12391. But when I call 127.0.0.1:12392 the page is not found while calling 127.0.0.1:12391 gives me a page which says I must enable API documentation in settings file. Any help?  

in settings.json

{
  "apiWhitelist": [
    "0.0.0.0/0",
    "::/0"
  ],
  "uiPort": 12390,
  "apiPort": 12391,
  "listenPort": 12392,
  "autoUpdateEnabled": true,   
  "apiDocumentationEnabled": true,
  "apiRestricted": false
}
Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 02:39:53 PM

This is retarded. Qort will list any junk u submit to them. They elucidated that listing cuckold coins will made simpler than ever before. It is a common misconception that tacky coins should be weeded out, for the sake of keeping corporate etiquette in which Qort has no interest. These guys are very open and will do whatever u command them to do.
MRPD

Activity: 97

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2020, 02:49:03 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 01:27:26 PM by mprep

Qortal should not add shit coins to trade portal! Do not like to be like other scam exchanges. Only add top 5 coins if you must.

This is retarded. Qort will list any junk u submit to them. They elucidated that listing cuckold coins will made simpler than ever before. It is a common misconception that tacky coins should be weeded out, for the sake of keeping corporate etiquette in which Qort has no interest. These guys are very open and will do whatever u command them to do.

I somehow want to agree to you. Crowetic looks like he will do anything you want. He keeps the top developers hidden and only come front and talk only. Who is in charge of everything in truth ? Only catbraf and dmax do the developing and now damx is not on Discord server why? Crowetic talk only and go back.

lemonandfriesonetwo

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 04:30:19 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (2)

I somehow want to agree to you. Crowetic looks like he will do anything you want. He keeps the top developers hidden and only come front and talk only. Who is in charge of everything in truth ? Only catbraf and dmax do the developing and now damx is not on Discord server why? Crowetic talk only and go back.

Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 06:02:24 PM

Just new here so i have newbie question. How this network protects from 51% attack? It's not POW, POS.  How this "‘prove yourself as a full node and online’" looks in real life?
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 06:10:57 PM

in settings.json

{
  "apiWhitelist": [
    "0.0.0.0/0",
    "::/0"
  ],
  "uiPort": 12390,
  "apiPort": 12391,
  "listenPort": 12392,
  "autoUpdateEnabled": true,    
  "apiDocumentationEnabled": true,
  "apiRestricted": false
}

Thanks, I added it to the file. It is normal that the settings file is shipped empty  Huh

However, it does not work. Nor of the three ports are found after starting the wallet. Following is the content of log.txt.1 file:

2020-07-04 20:07:09 INFO  Controller:270 - Starting up...
2020-07-04 20:07:12 INFO  Settings:181 - Using settings file: settings.json
2020-07-04 20:07:13 INFO  BlockChain:214 - Using default, resources-based blockchain config
2020-07-04 20:07:13 INFO  Controller:185 - Build timestamp: 20200505151835
2020-07-04 20:07:13 INFO  Controller:192 - Build version: qortal-1.0.8-bd0bc79
2020-07-04 20:07:13 INFO  Controller:291 - Starting NTP
2020-07-04 20:07:13 INFO  Controller:298 - Starting repository
2020-07-04 20:07:14 INFO  Controller:315 - Validating blockchain
2020-07-04 20:07:15 INFO  Controller:324 - Our chain height at start-up: 1
2020-07-04 20:07:15 INFO  Controller:332 - Starting controller
2020-07-04 20:07:15 INFO  Controller:335 - Starting networking on port 12392
2020-07-04 20:07:15 INFO  SysTray:59 - Launching system tray icon
2020-07-04 20:07:15 WARN  Translator:59 - Can't locate 'de' translation resource bundle for SysTray
2020-07-04 20:07:15 INFO  Controller:355 - Starting block minter
2020-07-04 20:07:15 INFO  Controller:365 - Starting auto-update
2020-07-04 20:07:15 INFO  Controller:369 - Starting API on port 12391
2020-07-04 20:07:16 INFO  Controller:422 - No NTP offset yet
2020-07-04 20:07:29 INFO  Controller:417 - Adjusting system time by NTP offset: 22ms
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2020, 06:19:02 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 01:27:55 PM by mprep

Suggestion: In the future, add a "dark mode" for the UI.  Cool

we will surely add a dark mode.

Qortal should not add shit coins to trade portal! Do not like to be like other scam exchanges. Only add top 5 coins if you must.

Right, we will not be listing shit coins.

BTC, LTC, and ETH are the only planned listings prior to the voting system being added.

(even though I believe ETH to be a shitcoin personally, that's beside the point. We will list them until people realize how much better Qortal is and move the good projects from ETH to Qortal.)

Is this supposed to mean something to me? Try again.

By the way... the whole point of the project is for there NOT to be someone 'in charge'. So maybe adjust your flawed thinking, and come check the project again.

MRPD is mad because my devs couldn't be bought, he attempted to steal dmax from me and failed, when dmax told him to get bent. So now he comes in and feels entitled to having developers of our team's caliber without putting in any real effort. Too bad in order to find the best people, you have to not be a greedy fool only out for yourself. Maybe think about that next time MRPD.

Do you have Discord? If so get in contact with me and I'll help you get through it.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
MRPD

Activity: 97

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2020, 05:52:32 AM

Is this supposed to mean something to me? Try again.

By the way... the whole point of the project is for there NOT to be someone 'in charge'. So maybe adjust your flawed thinking, and come check the project again.

MRPD is mad because my devs couldn't be bought, he attempted to steal dmax from me and failed, when dmax told him to get bent. So now he comes in and feels entitled to having developers of our team's caliber without putting in any real effort. Too bad in order to find the best people, you have to not be a greedy fool only out for yourself. Maybe think about that next time MRPD.

In truth you are the fool man. You want to keep Dev hidden and afraid of loosing development if they get better opportunity. They the slave men to you?  You think first next time hippe man.
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2020, 06:39:27 AM

Levels 1+2 = share 5%
Levels 3+4 = share 10%
Levels 5+6 = share 15%
Levels 7+8 = share 20%
Levels 9+10 = share 25%
How to make sure the voting system and result won't be compromised? There are 10 levels and 5 categories of share, 5% in minimum for levels 1 & 2 to 25% in maximum for levels 9 and 10. It means that last category (levels 9 & 10) has 5 times higher in received shares than the first category (level 1 & 2). People will try to move up to the higher and the highest categories ASAP.

It potentially causes many types of fraudulent voting activities on chain. I would prefer to learn more about the voting system and protective system to prevent any sort of compromises.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: