Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:21:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Qortal - fully decentralized infrastructure - websites,trading,communications  (Read 14316 times)
iamlemon

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2020, 01:18:02 AM

Hello, I ran nodes of Qora a long time and sent Hundreds of millions Qora coins to the genesis address. How can I get a minting account of Qortal?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 09, 2020, 01:13:52 PM

Hello, I ran nodes of Qora a long time and sent Hundreds of millions Qora coins to the genesis address. How can I get a minting account of Qortal?
Install Qortal Core + UI, have your QORA address seed ready, launch the run.sh (GNU/Linux) or run.bat (Windoze) Script to start the core, run the UI, choose "Login", then "QORA Address Seed", enter your seed, done. Smiley

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 652
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 09, 2020, 02:52:34 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 03:03:59 PM by lemonandfriesonetwo

ya i dont get what this guy was even trying to prove?

Ok, so Crow got ripped off by a scammer or two, who in this game for as many years as us HASENT? Cheesy    funny how one of those dudes is dead now, Karma is a bitch i guess
Tbh, losing a chunk of coin just makes a person hungry to grind it back (prob one of the reasons why he is working so hard on this)

a thick skin, and a sluffing off of angry noobs comes WITH heading a project in this cesspool that is BCT nowadays, fat chance shaking Crowetic this easy haha...

Keep On Keeping On, thats what us old school bitcoiners do....  Cool

I'm still getting ripped off by scammers, at this point it's just part of life   Grin

YES

Types of PEOPLE  = NO

I think we should all sponsor those who decide they would like to be part of something DIFFERENT, NEW, and CAPABLE of DECIMATING Hypocritical NONSENSE. The option to OWN ONESELF is ONE's OWN OPTION.

GREED has NO PLACE in The Qortal Network. Should someone decide they have too much GREED and not enough goals in contributions towards a BETTER WORLD, they NEED NOT APPLY.

The Qortal Network neither NEEDS nor WANTS assholes. Only GOOD PEOPLE who are willing to HELP ONE ANOTHER, AND CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS BUILDING A BETTER WORLD TOGETHER.

That's actually what I meant, people have to work and prove they really are about supporting the concept behind QORT.
Stratlaunch
Copper Member

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

Twitter: @RealCryptoLlama

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2020, 06:15:25 PM
Merited by allyouracid (2), tyz (1), freigeist (1)

I wrote an article/tutorial on how to run a qortal node on a VPS. https://medium.com/@RealCryptoLlama/how-to-setup-a-qortal-node-on-a-digitalocean-vps-ab70d3be2484

crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2020, 06:41:29 PM

Understood, thanks but I still don't know what if someone will start xxxx nodes? What is the mechanism that protects against privatizing network by obtaining the majority of nodes?

This mechanism is called 'sponsorship' - so I guess, the mechanism, is YOU, bob.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 07:35:41 PM

Install Qortal Core + UI, have your QORA address seed ready, launch the run.sh (GNU/Linux) or run.bat (Windoze) Script to start the core, run the UI, choose "Login", then "QORA Address Seed", enter your seed, done. Smiley

I did it in Windows and got constant >50% CPU usage by Qortal.exe. What's the catch?

allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 08:34:27 PM

I did it in Windows and got constant >50% CPU usage by Qortal.exe. What's the catch?
Can't really tell, sorry. I've heard developers talk about some 20-30% being realistic, which shouldn't be much of an issue if you have a couple of cores.
For me (GNU/Linux with OpenJDK as Java environment), it runs on an average of 5-25%, mostly it jumps between, say, 9 and 22%.

Alternatively, you can install it on a remote server; member Llama has posted a great article on how to do that: https://medium.com/@RealCryptoLlama/how-to-setup-a-qortal-node-on-a-digitalocean-vps-ab70d3be2484
This way, you won't have to deal with Windoze in relation to QORT... might be worth a shot. Smiley

Disclaimer: I don't know much about the remote desktop software used in this post, so can't really say much about it... but it should also be possible to get it to run without GUI

iamlemon

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 11:03:31 PM

I paste my seed of Qora and login to Qortal UI, I get "burned Qora amount: 0"
coin2.0

Activity: 622
Merit: 251

love coins

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2020, 12:05:47 AM

http://127.0.0.1:9085/addresses/seed/your qora address
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 652
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 12:39:04 AM

Make sure you are using the individual seed to that account, not the seed to the group of accounts.
Caztiel

Activity: 773
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 07:24:05 AM

Same Here... It's not even like one time thing.
It's constant... This needs to be investigated. I don't like my CPU tonbe burned-off without proper explaination.
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 07:59:35 AM

Make sure you are using the individual seed to that account, not the seed to the group of accounts.
Yes, that's likely the problem. Always make sure to export your single QORA keys for that very address. If you burned your QORA (sent them to the genesis block), you should be included and it should work @iamlemon

marracc

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 10:47:38 AM

It's constant... This needs to be investigated. I don't like my CPU tonbe burned-off without proper explaination.
I'm running Core on windows, and usage is under 10%. Its very old laptop (Acer from 2008). When Core is looking for nodes to connect, then it can be higher usage of CPU, but after connecting it should drop. Also, check version of Core you are running, if it is latest one. I can suggest you to join discord channel and describe your problems in details. Be sure that you are running 1.2.2 Core version.
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2020, 04:39:18 PM

I wrote an article/tutorial on how to run a qortal node on a VPS. https://medium.com/@RealCryptoLlama/how-to-setup-a-qortal-node-on-a-digitalocean-vps-ab70d3be2484

Finally, people with ambition!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2020, 04:42:14 PM

I'm running Core on windows, and usage is under 10%. Its very old laptop (Acer from 2008). When Core is looking for nodes to connect, then it can be higher usage of CPU, but after connecting it should drop. Also, check version of Core you are running, if it is latest one. I can suggest you to join discord channel and describe your problems in details. Be sure that you are running 1.2.2 Core version.

In theory, if I have configured the public node network correctly, old versions of The Qortal Core, will update upon reaching the update-approval block (meaning, the block that the dev team ((with 20% agreement betwixt them)) decided to 'approve' the transaction, thus making it a permanent portion of the chain, and setting a block by which updates will take place upon any node synchronizing as far.

Essentially - IF YOU'RE ON AN OLD VERSION, IT WILL AUTO-UPDATE IF MY NETWORK IS SETUP CORRECTLY.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 05:32:59 PM

Having problems to get the Qortal wallet to run. After I downloaded the current provided version in the opening thread I run the .sh file. According to the log file the wallet should run on port 12392 while the API run on port 12391. But when I call 127.0.0.1:12392 the page is not found while calling 127.0.0.1:12391 gives me a page which says I must enable API documentation in settings file. Any help?  

Do you have Discord? If so get in contact with me and I'll help you get through it.

Thanks, I do not have Discord yet. But I plan to set up an account on weekend.
Since I would say that I have a good technological background, I will certainly not be the only one who will have problems with the setup. Maybe it would be good to create a tutorial.

Finally I got it run myself. I only did run the core software without the Qortal Ui firstly. However, the synchronization is pretty slow and my Qortal balance is still 0, even though I burned a large amount of Qora months ago and I used my corresponding Qora seed to login in to my Qortal wallet. Do I need to do something else in order to show up my minted share balance?
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 06:38:24 AM

In theory, if I have configured the public node network correctly, old versions of The Qortal Core, will update upon reaching the update-approval block (meaning, the block that the dev team ((with 20% agreement betwixt them)) decided to 'approve' the transaction, thus making it a permanent portion of the chain, and setting a block by which updates will take place upon any node synchronizing as far.

Essentially - IF YOU'RE ON AN OLD VERSION, IT WILL AUTO-UPDATE IF MY NETWORK IS SETUP CORRECTLY.

Running  qortal-1.2.2 now on 64-bit WIN7 and CPU usage is still over 50% on old i3 laptop. Because I'm not running anything with administrative privileges, real loop show starts when right clicked on qortal taskbar icon and start Synchronize clock. Don't do this at home...

torig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 07:23:28 PM

How to install qortal node on Ubuntu 18.04?
which commands use?
coin2.0

Activity: 622
Merit: 251

love coins

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 02:26:20 AM

Having problems to get the Qortal wallet to run. After I downloaded the current provided version in the opening thread I run the .sh file. According to the log file the wallet should run on port 12392 while the API run on port 12391. But when I call 127.0.0.1:12392 the page is not found while calling 127.0.0.1:12391 gives me a page which says I must enable API documentation in settings file. Any help?  

Do you have Discord? If so get in contact with me and I'll help you get through it.

Thanks, I do not have Discord yet. But I plan to set up an account on weekend.
Since I would say that I have a good technological background, I will certainly not be the only one who will have problems with the setup. Maybe it would be good to create a tutorial.

Finally I got it run myself. I only did run the core software without the Qortal Ui firstly. However, the synchronization is pretty slow and my Qortal balance is still 0, even though I burned a large amount of Qora months ago and I used my corresponding Qora seed to login in to my Qortal wallet. Do I need to do something else in order to show up my minted share balance?
open your qora wallet and open "http://127.0.0.1:9085/addresses/seed/your Qora  address"  to get your Qora seed.
Caztiel

Activity: 773
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 05:42:11 AM

Running  qortal-1.2.2 now on 64-bit WIN7 and CPU usage is still over 50% on old i3 laptop. Because I'm not running anything with administrative privileges, real loop show starts when right clicked on qortal taskbar icon and start Synchronize clock. Don't do this at home...

Please someone look into this ....
Facing this issue since Genesis....
I would have understood if CPU usage is increased when finding the node etc
But the issue his... CPU usage is high all the time (Post some time after the node is started) irrespective of how many nodes the core is connected to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: