Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:21:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Qortal - fully decentralized infrastructure - websites,trading,communications  (Read 14320 times)
studyroom1

Activity: 40
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 02:05:50 PM

Guys one thing i noticed, some guys are asking about why some Qortal guys are just at level 1 or level 2 and they are getting so many Qortal in minting , just to be clear Qortal is born from Qora and guys who are getting lot of Qortal was holder of Qora and they will get 250:1 ratio Qortal over time. once all ratio is deposited they will get minting value of Qortal according to level of their wallet. you can read details in whitepaper or http://wiki.qortal.org/doku.php?id=qora_transition

noted, should have included that in my video. any idea when that will come to an end?

as ssxb said, they will get qortal over time so lets say if he someone was having 10000 Qora and he burned for getting qortal

10000 / 250 = 40 Qortal

These 40 will deposit over time in his qortal wallet as if all coin will go one time in his wallet , he maybe try to dump them and will make problem for qortal echo system, perhaps he will get that 40 in years as far as i know , but i will dig more for formula or crowtic can explian here when he will be online here,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LaaMos Seeth

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 05:12:19 AM

When web hosting ?
So what about web hosting?
 I remember exactly that it was stated in the Discord discussion that users will be able to create their own sites using the Qortal nodes as web hosting.
waya

Activity: 576
Merit: 250

Owns of Waya Wolf Coin - WW Supports the Wolf Park

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2020, 07:23:06 AM

Hello All,

I like the fact that we can trade through the portal but the volume is so low and the markets are too little.  Perhaps the team, I know you won't, may consider an exchange to list Qurtal to help with volumes and bring awareness to the coin.  I think this would be advantageous

Cheers,
Waya.

Owner of Waya Wolf V2.0 Coin
Waya Wolf Coin Supports the Wolf Park in Battle Ground, Indiana!!
Join us and help Wolf Park an education, conservation, and research facility.
LaaMos Seeth

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 07:39:46 AM

Hello All,

I like the fact that we can trade through the portal but the volume is so low and the markets are too little.  Perhaps the team, I know you won't, may consider an exchange to list Qurtal to help with volumes and bring awareness to the coin.  I think this would be advantageous

Cheers,
Waya.
I don't like centralized exchanges, but ...
https://www.btcmax.me/trade/QORT_USDT
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 02:06:49 PM

Hello All,

Cheers,
Waya.
The trade volume may change once LTC is live on the Trade Portal. BTC transaction fees are too high right now, so trading is at a minimum. Also, any Exchange is free to list Qortal, but the Qortal community will not initiate this. This has been in development for years, so collectively, there is no rush.

crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2020, 10:50:19 PM

Hello All,

Cheers,
Waya.
The trade volume may change once LTC is live on the Trade Portal. BTC transaction fees are too high right now, so trading is at a minimum. Also, any Exchange is free to list Qortal, but the Qortal community will not initiate this. This has been in development for years, so collectively, there is no rush.

The volume will DEFINITELY change once LTC and PRESENCE are implemented.

The main 'issue' right now, is that the orders in the portal could potentially have an offline core behind it... which means the automation for the creation and execution of the actual trade, isn't there... This cause the order to have to REFUND, which in the case of BTC, takes a very long time.

Hence, there isn't much use of the portal at the moment.

LTC fixes the speed issue, trades will happen within 5-7 minutes, and refunds in 1 hour... Then to take it a step further, PRESENCE, will only show ONLINE ORDERS, which means that only orders that CAN COMPLETE will show up on the Trade Portal sells list.

This will mean a liquid, fast, cheap cross-chain market.

Also, with the support for LTC, comes support for ANY BTC CLONE in the Qortal API. This means we can easily support other BTC clones in the Trade Portal.

I firmly believe these things above will bring not only a liquid, fast, usable cross-chain market, but also bring support from other BTC clones looking to be supported on a trade platform with NO RISK OF LOSS.

Now, tell me, why would I give up control of my coins just to trade, when I can do that without giving up control? Who will be opposed to that?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 10:39:29 PM

It sounds great - being able to trade directly from the wallet p2p, no middleman - like a dream come true.

I have a question though. I guess overtime there will be more and more trading pairs and implicitly wallets added to Qortal. Won't this create a space/storage issue? I mean hosting so many wallets requires many resources. I might be wrong here as I haven't researched how wallets work on Qortal so please bear with me.
MostlyGhostly

Activity: 396
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 07:03:17 PM

It sounds great - being able to trade directly from the wallet p2p, no middleman - like a dream come true.

I have a question though. I guess overtime there will be more and more trading pairs and implicitly wallets added to Qortal. Won't this create a space/storage issue? I mean hosting so many wallets requires many resources. I might be wrong here as I haven't researched how wallets work on Qortal so please bear with me.

Grease under my earlobe created a thick pimple right underneath. What were u saying? Wallets, space, storage la-la-la, be-be-be - is this what u are saying? First u dont need to undertake any research activities, Qort chain is smart enough to research u, a human, instead. Its fine that Qort is just a wreath of stink from old mans feet, we dont dare to ask for more while Qort is in this nascent stage. Secondly, that atomic swaps are not yet enabled in Qort engine fizzled out a great many investors, thus do expect dumps.
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 07:20:14 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2020, 03:55:09 AM by lemonandfriesonetwo

BTC
Crypto Play Radio

Activity: 50
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2020, 02:51:26 AM

However, what is not a rumor is that this user has used the same face and real name in the crypto space for what is working on the better part of a decade.

That is the opposite of shady.

JOIN.QORTAL.ORG - Win up to 1,000 Qort
ChrisPop
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 10:27:41 AM

Grease under my earlobe created a thick pimple right underneath. What were u saying? Wallets, space, storage la-la-la, be-be-be - is this what u are saying? First u dont need to undertake any research activities, Qort chain is smart enough to research u, a human, instead. Its fine that Qort is just a wreath of stink from old mans feet, we dont dare to ask for more while Qort is in this nascent stage. Secondly, that atomic swaps are not yet enabled in Qort engine fizzled out a great many investors, thus do expect dumps.

I was asking a pertinent question. Sincerely, your post doesn't make much sense. The capabilities QORT offer to the public are exactly what we miss in the crypto space. Where else can you trade in a true decentralized manner without having to depend on any third-party server or custody (in the case of centralized exchanges)?
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2020, 09:51:55 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2022, 12:44:33 PM by mprep

-Announcement- LTC and PRESENCE on Qortal testnet - will be opening to community testing today!

As above notes, we are testing LTC and PRESENCE on the testnet now, and I will be opening it up to community testing as soon as few finishing touches are done on the UI.

I will provide a fully pre-configured testnet node, with a sync'd chain (or close) as well as a pre-compiled pre-release version of the UI, that users will be able to run with yarn and node.js installed on their system.

Also, version 1.3.8 is a hotfix version for the stuck block 212936 issue, if you're already past that block, you don't need to worry about updating to 1.3.8, but if you're not, and you are stuck on 212936, the update will fix the issue, and/or the bootstrap I provided in Discord a while back.

Version 1.4.0 will be the release that contains LTC and PRESENCE, after testing on the testnet, we will push it out.

I was asking a pertinent question. Sincerely, your post doesn't make much sense. The capabilities QORT offer to the public are exactly what we miss in the crypto space. Where else can you trade in a true decentralized manner without having to depend on any third-party server or custody (in the case of centralized exchanges)?

as far as the answer to your question... as it sits right now, with LTC and BTC support anyway, we make use of the Electrum network.

This means we do NOT need full nodes for LTC or BTC in order to have a local wallet, and issue transactions to the network.

Now, in the future when handling a coin that does NOT have electrum support, this may change. However, as of now there is no concern over size... as we do not need a full node for any of the networks that run with Electrum.

Also, to address that very strange reply...

for one... you are incorrect... we DO have working cross-chain trades with BTC... however, if a seller shuts his node down the trade cannot complete, and thus the trade is listed, accepted, then refunded due to the selling party being offline...

This is the exact reason for the development of PRESENCE. PRESENCE will show the response every 30 minutes, of the seller nodes. therefore, we are able to tell if a node hasn't replied during the last round of PRESENCE transactions, and is likely offline. Then, we put a red dot by the sells that are likely offline, so that users no longer accept sells from offline sellers.

This should dramatically improve the scenario wherein a refund is necessary.

Also, with the change to LTC, we get a MUCH FASTER, MUCH CHEAPER network (LTC network over BTC) to deal with, and therefore we will have trades that are CHEAPER THAN CENTRALIZED EXCHANGES.

We firmly believe the improvements will be VERY NOTICEABLE, and LTC market will really kick things off...

If this then says people will dump... I think that's the silliest response to a dramatic improvement and new version I have seen in quite a while, but to each their own I guess.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
lyynx

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 11:48:55 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2021, 04:35:34 AM by lyynx

Qort in one picture:

lol, tell us how you really feel.

crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2020, 09:31:47 PM

please don't feed the trolls.

-[Announcement]- Qortal Core and UI updates

Qortal Core version 1.3.9

Core update with a few little bugfixes and preparation for LTC in version 1.4.0.

auto-update pushed today, if you are sync'd and you don't have auto-updates disabled, you will update automatically on all platforms.

you can see a blog post I made here about the updates

Linux and Mac users will have to update to 1.3.2 UI manually. Windows should auto-update both core and UI. Everyone should auto-update core unless they have auto-updates disabled.

https://qortal.org/index.php/2020/12/30/qortal-updates-core-version-1-3-9-and-ui-version-1-3-2/

See post for specifics.

The next updates after these, will include the LTC Trade Portal, 3 local wallets (BTC, LTC, and QORT), PRESENCE transactions for Trade Portal sells, and much more.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 09:15:34 AM

Qort in one picture:

looks like he lost the access to lemonandfriesone - prly because his therapist made him burn the pw or s.t. like that.

he has been doing this for years now all over the crypto space and now that the therapy has failed he needed to increment the counter.

never mind the moron, spreading corrosion to damage other peoples work is a mental derangement syndrom. These people are sick.

lyynx

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 12:05:43 PM

Core update with a few little bugfixes and preparation for LTC in version 1.4.0.

auto-update pushed today, if you are sync'd and you don't have auto-updates disabled, you will update automatically on all platforms.

Linux and Mac users will have to update to 1.3.2 UI manually. Windows should auto-update both core and UI. Everyone should auto-update core unless they have auto-updates disabled.

https://qortal.org/index.php/2020/12/30/qortal-updates-core-version-1-3-9-and-ui-version-1-3-2/

See post for specifics.

The next updates after these, will include the LTC Trade Portal, 3 local wallets (BTC, LTC, and QORT), PRESENCE transactions for Trade Portal sells, and much more.

Very excited about all that has been accomplished recently, applause to the Qortal dev team, looks like 2021 may be the year of Qortal.

lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 01:06:50 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2021, 02:02:54 PM by lemonandfriesonetwo

Qort in one picture:

Giving your money away to a scammer who was sued for $200,000 over equipment he never delivered and decided to disappear so he wouldn't have to pay the people he stole the money from.

Research into Burstcoin and how crowetic scammed people out of their money in his city. He was sued for $200k which up to this point he is still trying to pay.
studyroom1

Activity: 40
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 03:07:21 PM

See post for specifics.

Very excited about all that has been accomplished recently, applause to the Qortal dev team, looks like 2021 may be the year of Qortal.

out standing work crowetic , keep it up
ON LY

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 01:44:39 PM

What is the price of this coin at the moment? 2 satoshi or 3?
ChrisPop
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 03:26:11 PM

Also, with the change to LTC, we get a MUCH FASTER, MUCH CHEAPER network (LTC network over BTC) to deal with, and therefore we will have trades that are CHEAPER THAN CENTRALIZED EXCHANGES.

That's a great incentive for people who trade on shady unregulated, centralized exchanges and not only..

Looking forward to some tokenomics for QORT, though. Don't get me wrong, the QORT blockchain and network is already offering innovative tech solutions that no one else has. Could be a game-changer, but I'd like to see some ways to leverage QORT holdings and boost its value? Bitcoin is a scarce asset by design which is the main value-driver besides being used as a payment method. Maybe the data-hosting and liquidity provider features will have an important role in the ecosystem?

Great work and excited to be here!  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: