Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:43:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What was the first-ever ICO you’ve invested?  (Read 548 times)
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 11:21:49 AM

I invested in TheKey ICO, respectively I bought token after the first listing on Kucoin exchange because it was impossible to buy tokens right in ICO token sale. The website was down in few seconds. This was the last hype around the token, now look at the price, it is 98% down since ATH price.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 11:52:43 AM

I invested in TheKey ICO, respectively I bought token after the first listing on Kucoin exchange because it was impossible to buy tokens right in ICO token sale. The website was down in few seconds. This was the last hype around the token, now look at the price, it is 98% down since ATH price.
I also know TheKey and this project helped me earn more than 400% of profits in a short time. Actually, TheKey is one of the projects using the NEO platform and was very successful during that time.

Now things are different and the development team is almost gone, so if you choose to hold it in the long run, this coin will only cost you money and wait time.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 11:54:45 AM

Cybermiles was the first ICO I participated in, I had 3 times the profit of participating in this ICO and it made me greedy and continued to invest in many other ICOs, and then I met many projects scam and make my investments constantly lose

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 12:32:17 PM

I think electroneum was the first ICO that I’ve invested, and i already have little knowledge about ICO, so when the price increase, i think i sold about 80% from my investment and i got so much profits. This is make me happy, but slowly ICO era is over. All coin i hold dump, also many become scam. That's why i stop to join in ICO
Lucky for you, most of the people probably will still hold it because of greed, and wouldn't probably make a profit from it, but you invested in ico again and im guessing your profit from venturing in ico is probably negative.
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 12:57:03 PM

2017 was the year that I have started my cryptocurrency journey. During that year alone, I invested in some few ICOs on top of participating in airdrops and bounty programs.

Blackmoon Crypto Token (BMC) was the first ever ICO that I’ve invested. I think I shelled out $10.00+ for that since I’m just a micro-investor. I remember the time that Blackmoon Crypto Token is almost sold out, so I had to catch up and good thing that I did.

Unfortunately, Blackmoon Token didn’t profit more than $1.00 when it was listed in exchanges. My $10.00 worth of BMC is now $0.42 only. The reason I hold it until now is because I want to keep this as a remembrance of the first-ever ICO that I’ve invested.

The other ICOs that I have invested next to Blackmoon last 2017 are Paragon Coin, Electroneum, Universa, Crypterium and LoyalCoin. Unfortunately all of these ICOs I’ve invested are at a loss, but I didn’t sell them until now.

On top of that, I also invested some TRXs as well during that year and until now I haven’t sold them. XRP is another coin I have invested when it was still around $0.77, but successfully sold them when it almost reached $4.00. I also bought DOGE when it was still $0.006 and sold it when that coin is on it’s way to an all-time high for a quick profit.

What about you guys? Could you share the very first ICO that you’ve invested? Thanks!
That's a lot of history from you. Unfortunately, I can't remember my first ICO where I invested. Your whole story tells us to sell altcoins, hold is unprofitable. Time has changed, now I don't want to sell any of my tokens. Why didn't you participate in any ICO before 2017? Your profile says that you are a very old member.

kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 01:54:41 PM

Bitcoinred was the first ICO I participated in, I participated in more than $ 100 in this project and then sold it when it was listed at Etherdelta, I had more than 2 times profit in just a few days. It was the first successful investment I made in this market
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 02:42:51 PM

None, after the success of ICO in 2017 I knew I've lost my opportunity, after February 2018 every altcoins start dumping, I knew right then that this is the beginning of a big bear market and ICO turning into history starts in 2018, I'm now IEO investor through binance and kucoin only

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
andycarrol

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 02:52:27 PM

Bitcoinred was the first ICO I participated in, I participated in more than $ 100 in this project and then sold it when it was listed at Etherdelta, I had more than 2 times profit in just a few days. It was the first successful investment I made in this market
I think you are very lucky because you can enjoy the profits from the ICO results because lately to be able to get profit from ICO has been very difficult to happen and many ICOs have led to scams and made many investors disappointed.
rahmatullah9305

Activity: 983

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 02:53:06 PM

None, after the success of ICO in 2017 I knew I've lost my opportunity, after February 2018 every altcoins start dumping, I knew right then that this is the beginning of a big bear market and ICO turning into history starts in 2018, I'm now IEO investor through binance and kucoin only
It's amazing if you have become an investor in IEO in a large exchange, although you don't get a good opportunity in 2017 and early 2018, I don't think it's a problem because the IEO program in Binance and Kucoin is a very good program to be followed by everyone.
Smitty Werben Man Jensen

Activity: 1568

COMBONetwork

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 04:49:37 PM

you are very lucky, I myself have never participated in ICO from the first in 2017,
until now, I only joined IEO in Binance only, reportedly Binance has a new IEO

BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 05:54:29 AM

What about you guys? Could you share the very first ICO that you’ve invested?

My first ICO investment experience was realized by simultaneously investing in 2 projects simultaneously. The ICO craze had begun in late 2017 and early 2018, and I had invested in the DIW project, which had a very good impact during these periods, as well as the GIF token, the gambling project that was claimed to be very successful at that time. The investments I made in these two projects were the first ICO experience for me and I had the experience of being very careful when investing in subsequent projects. Although the number of investments I have made in ICO projects is less than the number of fingers of a hand, I learned that the ICO event is not profitable.
SiNeReiNZzz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043

αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2020, 02:41:41 AM

I took part in my first ICO's around mid 2016...

At this time, the ICO's were still extremely profitable!
In addition, some of these projects still exist today.
The most noteworthy I have participated, was the Lisk-ICO (January 2016) and the Waves-ICO (March 2016).

Those were definitely the most rewarding ones for me at the time...

With Waves and Lisk I made so much profit in 2017 and 2018, that I've, for example, bought a new car because my old one was broke down...
I had simply waited for the right time, but above all, I had not sold my coins right after the start!
I sold most of the Waves and Lisk for 10€/coin.

Nevertheless I have to say, it was easier to make a nice profit at that time...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 03:02:17 AM

I also didn't invest much in ICO projects during 2017 because during that time I did not have good knowledge so it was easy to lose money if I chose the wrong investment. I think that since the IEO started to be mentioned more and more, I have been involved a lot and most of them are IEO projects at Binance, Huobi, and Okex exchanges because these are the only 3 exchanges that will help me earn a profit. Now, ICO are starting to return to this market and the Defi project is a name that is quite popular.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
viananda2525

Merit: 120

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 03:29:17 AM

The most noteworthy I have participated, was the Lisk-ICO (January 2016) and the Waves-ICO (March 2016).

With Waves and Lisk I made so much profit in 2017 and 2018, that I've, for example, bought a new car because my old one was broke down...
I had simply waited for the right time, but above all, I had not sold my coins right after the start!

that's huge profit if you able to bought car at that moment, in my calculation at least you get $10.000 . few years ago when cryptocurrency market booming there are alot good ico and as investor we earn much money, from ten ICO maybe 9 of them give us profits. but unfortunately this condition not repeated again today.

robattfield

Activity: 783
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 02:33:08 PM

That's a huge amount of profit, as far as I know, the price of wave and Lisk has risen tremendously in early 2018 and if you sell at the right time then you probably have 10 times the profit. I also invested in many ICOs in 2017 but I quickly sold them and didn't have too much profit
jambul_kribo

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 02:48:37 PM

unfortunately i am never participate in ICO due have no money. i am  a person that not ready when accepting loss in my investment, for me its better to be bounty hunter and save money from its reward. but for some people investing as future plan , they want their money not stay at bank account and no growth on its value. and maybe ICO be their choice.

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████
▐██████▄▀▀██████▌
▀▀███████████▀▀
                          ███
                         ▀▀▀
                    ███▄▀
                   ▄
▀▀▀
             ▄███▄▀      ████
       ▄███▄▀ ▀▀▀        ████
  ███▄▀ ▀▀▀        █████ ████
  ▀▀▀              █████ ████
             █████ ████ ████
       █████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
███████████████████████████████
VALUE INCREASES
    NEVER DECREASES
THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL
STORE OF VALUE CURRENCY

|     Twitter     |   Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Telegram  |    Discord    |
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████     ███████████
BUY NOW

███████████     ████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 03:17:40 PM

It has been years, so I am not completely certain, but it was either the Red Pulse ICO or the Wagger ICO. I am still holding those tokens, so no, my investments were not profitable at all. I was as well planning to participate in the Binance ICO but forgot about it, I also had a chance to be in the Tron and Qutum ICOs, but I did not pull my trigger, so yes, when it comes to the ICO scene, my decisions were poor to say at least.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 03:23:16 PM

I also didn't invest much in ICO projects during 2017 because during that time I did not have good knowledge so it was easy to lose money if I chose the wrong investment. I think that since the IEO started to be mentioned more and more, I have been involved a lot and most of them are IEO projects at Binance, Huobi, and Okex exchanges because these are the only 3 exchanges that will help me earn a profit. Now, ICO are starting to return to this market and the Defi project is a name that is quite popular.

You are doing your research since you are afraid of investing to scam project, dealing with IEO's which been introduce to known established exchange is a positive sign that you value your money, there's always advantages when you work with your studied before you jumped into any investment.
SiNeReiNZzz
Legendary

Merit: 1043

αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2020, 04:05:28 PM

Yeah about 10x profit with WAVES and with LISK as well.

I have also participated in some other ICOs, but WAVES and LISK were the biggest investments in the 4-digit range!
In addition still smaller investments in e.g.: Komodo, WINGS, RISE and some others...

My last major investment was in Tezos (XTZ).
My fundraiser XTZ I still hold until today...

~
that's huge profit if you able to bought car at that moment, in my calculation at least you get $10.000 . few years ago when cryptocurrency market booming there are alot good ico and as investor we earn much money, from ten ICO maybe 9 of them give us profits. but unfortunately this condition not repeated again today.
~
That's a huge amount of profit, as far as I know, the price of wave and Lisk has risen tremendously in early 2018 and if you sell at the right time then you probably have 10 times the profit. I also invested in many ICOs in 2017 but I quickly sold them and didn't have too much profit

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 04:46:59 PM

I invested on ETN. I gained a lot of profit back then and I'm sad I put into it just $20. If I had invested a lot more, then I'll gain bigger profits. Its too risky to invest much so I'm just on the safe side. Besides I joined their bounty and got more tokens. Its a win win for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: