Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:30:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OneCoin scam promoters found dead!  (Read 585 times)
bison

Activity: 778
Merit: 100

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 12:58:35 PM

It is quite unfortunate to have heard that the ultimate price was the justice served locally by those who decided to take law into their hands but i also see it beyond one coin being a scam project. The deceased were also insinere according to the link published, they didn't deliver the cars they told poeple would be but using the one coin as a medium of payment. beyond onecoin, that is a clear fraudulent case.
very unfortunate indeed. the project that I thought had the support of many people and partnerships turned out to be like this. everyone will be surprised by this news. many scam projects, but it doesn't look very good.

bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 01:23:15 PM

Oh well, RIP to these OneCoin scam promoters and condolences to their respective families.

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/two-onecoin-promoters-found-dead-in-mexico

The first time I heard about OneCoin is from a good friend of mine. Before I was introduced to crypto, she was way ahead of me already. However, she was promoting OneCoin back then until it went scam. She attended various conferences and networking with the attendees to promote OneCoin and mostly got ignored.

This is what we truly get for promoting scams heavily in the internet.
I still remember that onecoin was heavily promoted even around me locally and those so called leaders made people invest thousands and thousands into this ponzi and after this ponzi crashed there were millions of effectees around the world, this incident could also be the result of someone losing big amount and then taking revenge from the promoter or the person that pushed them for investing in onecoin.

JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 02:00:51 PM

At least it feels like justice was served. These people don't deserve the life and money they stole from thousands of people. I just still can't believe that the man from Singapore was only charged a 72k fine! What the hell, after participating in a multi billion scam, 72k is like pocket change for these scammers. We still need to reach the time where ponzis are completely erased from the industry. There's still so many around. Maybe not as big as bitconnect or onecoin but they are still fooling naive people thinking they can make a lot of money quick.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: