Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Bitcoin was hijacked and centralized  (Read 491 times)
FreeStreamer (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 02:11:32 PM

This is what happened in 2013-1014. Bitcoin has a design flaw (increasing blocksize) that makes it distribute mining rewards unfairly, so the miners started merging into mining unions to agree about sharing the rewards equally.
Proof please?
I can tell you the same thing but facts are difficult to get.
That is the difference.

Please do have something if you are trying to convince us.
I don't see that for now. Maybe someday?
I do agree about miners having a consensus but also have the same thread but been bashed by royalties of the forum.
So, I am just giving you a heads up.

What proof? Just use your brain. What do you think Blockstream is then? How do you think it has such a major influence on Bitcoin?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 04:54:59 PM

What proof? Just use your brain. What do you think Blockstream is then? How do you think it has such a major influence on Bitcoin?

I am using my brain which is why I warned you.
I dont think there is a good reason to talk with you.
Something is eating you.
I dont know if it is hate or whatever it is but it aint good.

You need a breather man.
Whichever or whoever is feeding you this could be bad for your health. Grin
oleg681010

Activity: 78
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 06:19:07 PM
Merited by FreeStreamer (1)

The government wants to control bitcoin, and I think that in the end they will be able to do it.
FreeStreamer (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 07:47:30 PM

I am using my brain which is why I warned you.
I dont think there is a good reason to talk with you.
Something is eating you.
I dont know if it is hate or whatever it is but it aint good.

You need a breather man.
Whichever or whoever is feeding you this could be bad for your health. Grin

Oooh. I'm so afraid. Are you going to stone me to death with heavy chunks of Bitcoin? Comon answer the question mr Hero member Bitcoins expert using your mighty brain. What do you think Blockstream is?
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 12:57:24 PM

Miners can merge, I don’t really see anything wrong with it. Even if they merge it still doesn’t stop the competition, there will still be that competition, because there are still other mining companies. Smaller companies of miners can decide to come together so that they will be able to get better rewards, it’s not bad. And moreover these days you can’t mine alone, it’s not like it used to be in the past when you can easily just buy a miner and stay at home and be mining with your computer, nah this time around you have to join a pool before you will be able to get rewards.

Even due to miners' consortium they may work together and may decide things like corporate but all will be possible until they face another competitor. I mean it is highly possible another big players to be joining bitcoin mining to compete against the current players. So, their unite will not work for them forever.
FreeStreamer (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 12:33:25 PM

Miners can merge, I don’t really see anything wrong with it. Even if they merge it still doesn’t stop the competition, there will still be that competition, because there are still other mining companies. Smaller companies of miners can decide to come together so that they will be able to get better rewards, it’s not bad. And moreover these days you can’t mine alone, it’s not like it used to be in the past when you can easily just buy a miner and stay at home and be mining with your computer, nah this time around you have to join a pool before you will be able to get rewards.

Even due to miners' consortium they may work together and may decide things like corporate but all will be possible until they face another competitor. I mean it is highly possible another big players to be joining bitcoin mining to compete against the current players. So, their unite will not work for them forever.

Miners merging causes centralization. When miners merge and form corporations, we are back in a centralized banking system and there is no new innovation going on there. Mind as well use Paypal or your web bank. They are probably also much faster than Bitcoin. A dynamic blocksize prevents miners from merging because they have no benefit from doing that.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: