Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:39:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Business / private sector is dead  (Read 993 times)
spy100 (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 04:47:27 PM

Business  / private sector is dead

As a freelancer in 2 months i got 4 clients only ... in my area 4 clients it's like your biz is dead... no matter how much you try to do marketing/advertising it just does not work ...
I look at other peoples businesses same situation ...

High Tech,Web Development,Web design ,Mobile Development ,Marketing,Blockchain development,Dapps,Web Hosting is dead from what i see

I got friends taxi drivers same situation they are just sitting in the taxi and some day zero clients ,barber shops the same they are sitting around all day smoking ... anything that seems a "luxury good" people don't touch this days.

The only thing people are buying is basic necessities ... oh also food and cigarette prices went up again ...

It's a f nightmare ...those that have billions of USD under the mattress better start investing soon ,or that money will be good only as toilet paper ...

Economy i love it ...

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 3032

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 05:13:29 PM

Well first off what country are you even referring to? This is a global forum. Also, you're right, business is hurting all around there is no question about that.  My own career has come under great fire of late, people aren't able to transact like normal in large part.

However, you're money is not all going to go away in the stock market.  You're wrong, that's simply not going to happen.  With earnings reports for Quarter 2 continue to roll in we could see a massive drop in markets, but markets always come back.  If they dont? Well, then we've got the apocalypse.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 05:25:00 PM

Well first off what country are you even referring to? This is a global forum. Also, you're right, business is hurting all around there is no question about that.  My own career has come under great fire of late, people aren't able to transact like normal in large part.

However, you're money is not all going to go away in the stock market.  You're wrong, that's simply not going to happen.  With earnings reports for Quarter 2 continue to roll in we could see a massive drop in markets, but markets always come back.  If they dont? Well, then we've got the apocalypse.

It does not matter what country ...the same situation is global ...don't look at the numbers in the papers and news , look at life around you ... life on tv is different then life in reality ...

stock markets is nothing without  business ... it's just fake money ...if people don't buy goods / services ...the stock market is worthless.

Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 05:36:24 PM

I got friends taxi drivers same situation they are just sitting in the taxi and some day zero clients ,barber shops the same they are sitting around all day smoking ... anything that seems a "luxury good" people don't touch this days.
Prolly when there was a total lockdown, this could happen, except that's still the case where you come from, but since the government opened the country for businesses and other sectors, there have been movements of  people and goods as usual and what that means is taxi drivers must definitely get passengers and other businesses their clients as well, it will obviously not be as before, but that goes for every other thing as well.
High Tech,Web Development,Web design ,Mobile Development ,Marketing,Blockchain development,Dapps,Web Hosting is dead from what i see
All you mentioned above are high value skills, and their services are mainly provided online, AFAIK, this are skills that should thrive atm with all the sit-at-home & social distancing protocols, except you have any facts to oppose that, with a good community of customers and great knowledge of the skills, getting clients is no issue.
Business  / private sector is dead
AFAIK, it's not, private owned business requires capital to grow, most of this businesses needs loans from governments, but get none, with sufficient capital, one will be able to grow and expand his private business to a standard level.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 05:42:03 PM

It does not matter what country ...the same situation is global ...don't look at the numbers in the papers and news , look at life around you ... life on tv is different then life in reality ...
How come that the country won't matter on the things you said, have you been to different countries during this time? Here in my country it seems like the business is doing fine, I've already some shops reopened as most of the states here gave a guideline in opening amidst the covid, so it is more like normal days with extra precautions. Private sector is dead? funny.

stock markets is nothing without  business ... it's just fake money ...if people don't buy goods / services ...the stock market is worthless.
But the thing is people will never stop buying goods and services lol. better to think about it first  Cheesy
palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 05:50:12 PM

Private sector isn't dead, neither is it business. We have to understand that most economies are trying to come back again to normal and this is going to be gradual before the confidence to trade and buy will come back. If trading comes to live again, then investment will start from private individual.
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 05:54:29 PM

Online biz is my area ...this is what i did from when i was a kid ... there is almost 0 demand in this sector now .... where in the world are the shop owners that want an app or website to sell online ? where are the crypto people that want dapps ? where are the businesses that need hosting,design etc ... where is everybody ?  when we have clients it means that other businesses have clients ...we want businesses to make money and people to get rich ... if they make money we make money ...either they can't afford this skilled no more or they do not longer need them.I suspect that they can't afford them do to economic conditions...

spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 06:02:36 PM

How come that the country won't matter on the things you said, have you been to different countries during this time? Here in my country it seems like the business is doing fine, I've already some shops reopened as most of the states here gave a guideline in opening amidst the covid, so it is more like normal days with extra precautions. Private sector is dead? funny.

But the thing is people will never stop buying goods and services lol. better to think about it first  Cheesy

It's not about if shops opened ,it's about how much money enters that  shop ... (profit)

Most Private Sector Businesses are not generating PROFIT.

Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 08:02:21 PM

Business  / private sector is dead

As a freelancer in 2 months i got 4 clients only ... in my area 4 clients it's like your biz is dead... no matter how much you try to do marketing/advertising it just does not work ...

The only thing people are buying is basic necessities ... oh also food and cigarette prices went up again ...

It's a f nightmare ...those that have billions of USD under the mattress better start investing soon ,or that money will be good only as toilet paper ...

Economy i love it ...

In our country, some huge businesses depending on their type of business have shut down because of this pandemic but the good thing is they are starting to recover again. Most of us here have lost our jobs during the pandemic but we relied everything on online jobs so I wonder why you're saying that they're dead in your country. To be honest, businesses are having a hard time dealing with this pandemic and it will take a long time for everyone to recover but at least, they're still trying to survive and sustain their employees.
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 08:42:58 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2020, 08:53:19 PM by spy100

Economy i love it ...

In our country, some huge businesses depending on their type of business have shut down because of this pandemic but the good thing is they are starting to recover again. Most of us here have lost our jobs during the pandemic but we relied everything on online jobs so I wonder why you're saying that they're dead in your country. To be honest, businesses are having a hard time dealing with this pandemic and it will take a long time for everyone to recover but at least, they're still trying to survive and sustain their employees.

I am saying that online biz is dead here do to fact no one can afford to buy online anymore ... or if they have money they are expecting for a "sign" to invest ...

Buying stuff online has become expensive for the avg Joe...

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 10:09:52 PM

Private sector isn't dead, neither is it business. We have to understand that most economies are trying to come back again to normal and this is going to be gradual before the confidence to trade and buy will come back. If trading comes to live again, then investment will start from private individual

I don't think it is dead, dead as a doornail

With that said, however, some businesses are certainly going to bite the dust or have already croaked. But that's just life. On a more optimistic note (if I can say so), the businesses that will survive will come out stronger of this mess and will face less competition in the future when the economy goes back to life. And it will get back to life eventually, as it happened countless times before in the past. Put simply, there's nothing new under the sun

Jating

Activity: 2968
Merit: 822

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 10:18:11 PM

Or maybe business are downsizing in this pandemic and just retaining people that can help them progress in this situation. And also they might be doing their rounds of promotion as well, as we all know everything is on the internet.

And those billionaires will still continue to invest no matter what, it's just we are in a worst situation that we don't see them in the news lately, only the governments with their stimulus package. Don't worry, there is still hope that we can bounce back and somewhat there will be jobs for all.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 596

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 10:21:36 PM

Private sector isn't dead, neither is it business. We have to understand that most economies are trying to come back again to normal and this is going to be gradual before the confidence to trade and buy will come back. If trading comes to live again, then investment will start from private individual.
Trading is back already right? I mean if you are talking about traditional global stock markets. I think it's just the people are getting smarter, for average joe, it means you need to be very selective to where you throw your money in this pandemic because the situation is not improving. And there is still a lot of uncertainty, like jobs are not secure anymore, when your company closes, obviously you will be out of job and out of money.

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 6409

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 10:36:09 PM

Sorry to say it, but your number of clients as a freelancer is hardly an indicator of the general state of the economy.
Your situation, mine, or of anybody on this topic is quite irrelevant when it comes to the country's economy, two, a hundred, even a thousand are irrelevant if we speak of a country with over a million workers.

I got friends taxi drivers same situation they are just sitting in the taxi and someday zero clients,barber shops the same they are sitting around all day smoking ... anything that seems a "luxury good" people don't touch this days.

Again, unfortunately, you can't say that just because taxi drivers and barbers don't have clients as they used to the entire private sector is dead.

stock markets is nothing without  business ... it's just fake money ...if people don't buy goods / services ...the stock market is worthless.

Yes the country matters, as it would be pretty simple for anyone here to provide proofs you're wrong once you name it and you know that.
Probably because you have failed lately to find work or other causes you've started a lot of topics with the same pattern, the doom is upon us, everyone is bankrupt, everyone is going to be poor, the world is in chaos, ww3, NOT!

I am saying that online biz is dead here do to fact no one can afford to buy online anymore ...

This is pure bs and again, you know it.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
The cure

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 11:24:27 PM

I think not actually dead, maybe we are on the same country so I understand what you are saying. Yes it's true many are affected because of this pandemic, but you should not say all private sectors are dead because there are still people continue and even progress despite the pandemic because of their strategy on how to survive. Many are also trying online jobs and online selling that are in demand today.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1038

Signature and Avatar for rent.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 11:39:08 PM

I can't say that the business sector is dead "TOTALLY" but maybe I could say that most of them are either dead temporarily or permanently.

The effect of the the virus right now is global so for sure this is a global issue. Most of the businesses already are being forced to closed because of the pandemic especially those small and medium business owners. I would disagree though with your clients as your basis that the business sector is dead. Maybe you aren't good enough to be picked by clients. I see some freelancers that I know that have many clients still.

Maybe next time, be specific not generalized because not all of these are experiencing the same way. Yes maybe most of them are but still there are businesses that are still operating until now.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Heart18

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 11:58:36 PM

Sad truth. That's what I saw anywhere here in my beloved country. Other industries are extremely dead now, and I felt the pain of the people struggling to survive amidst of this Pandemic. We seem to be very helpless, if we belong to work on those unnecessary industry. Because at this strange time, people are only spending on their essential needs. We just hope it will be over soonest, so all of the people from different sectors and industries will have to revive their business again and so the economy will.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 11:59:33 PM

I can't say that the business sector is dead "TOTALLY" but maybe I could say that most of them are either dead temporarily or permanently.

The effect of the the virus right now is global so for sure this is a global issue. Most of the businesses already are being forced to closed because of the pandemic especially those small and medium business owners. I would disagree though with your clients as your basis that the business sector is dead. Maybe you aren't good enough to be picked by clients. I see some freelancers that I know that have many clients still.

Maybe next time, be specific not generalized because not all of these are experiencing the same way. Yes maybe most of them are but still there are businesses that are still operating until now.

Private sector is not dead at all. If they are, there will be necessities that we will not avail. Maybe they are not in full operations but I guess most of them are still struggling because of this pandemic. But one way or another, they need to exist as there are some services that people need.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 12:19:33 AM

Most Private Sector Businesses are not generating PROFIT.

I actually understand your point. If you are pertaining to the downfall of country's economy because of this pandemic situation. Business are also down, private sectors are just started to get back on track and to earn like before. Online businesses in our area are more likely to be most considered at the moment like this. Freelance jobs are also highly favored by most of the people in our country because most of us here in our country lost the job.

Having a less client like you said, means that other clients needs to survive too. Maybe they are also suffering from this situation, you have to be broadminded. Be optimistic, mate. If you are down being a freelancer with just few clients. Find other job. Having few clients is better than nothing.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6880

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 12:20:33 AM

It does not matter what country ...the same situation is global
Yes, it matters a lot which country you're talking about because where I'm at (the US), I'm not seeing things nearly as bleak as you're describing.  We've been hit pretty hard by the forced shutdowns, but things are slowly getting back to normal with stores reopening--and I'm seeing parking lots at least halfway filled with cars at some of my local shopping plazas.

I can understand it's probably pretty bad where you are, but this whole situation isn't going to last forever.  In the US we've already got people protesting the use of face masks and some of them even think this pandemic is just a political move.  In any case, people aren't going to stand for the economy being shut down for an extended length of time, mark my words.

Temporarily on hiatus is how I'd describe the situation for a lot of businesses.  I don't think the COVID-19 outbreak actually killed many of them outright.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████