Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:01:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: I hope this helps new crypto investors, do not hesitate to read  (Read 577 times)
Bitbtc8 (OP)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 06:06:29 AM
Merited by Phoenix_PROG (4), tk808 (3)

Many members must have spread this countless time on this forum before, we need to keep doing this because of the new users joining this forum almost everyday, There are some do and don't that newbies need to avoid if they want to buy coins, this are few warnings from me

1. Beware of low marketcap coins, they are more profitable but less reliable, they can die real fast

2. Forget website designs and max supply, focus more on real use case (utility) than anything else

3. Make sure teams are really who they claim they are and make sure they have two or more knowledge about crypto

4. I prefer well know coins or project, it doesn't have to be old altcoins, for example Wazirx token, Tezos, Comp, Cartesi, these coins are popular and new but still popular

5. Stay away from projects that are listed on rubbish exchanges, these exchanges are token killers with wash trades and fake volumes, e.g p2pb2b, exmarket, latoken, vindax.

6. For trading lessons or try outs be more friendly with top exchanges, they have better interface, highest volumes and highest liquidity

7. You want to make profits and you don't want to wait too long? I suggest IEO, make sure you follow top exchanges social media groups to stay updated about new IEO, especially binance and kucoin, it's always profitable

8. The best time to buy bags of coins and tokens is when bear attack the market, do not buy coins and tokens when price is surging or pumping.

9. Check projects github, make sure it's active and well updated from time to time, you can easily spot bad projects through their github, some don't even have GitHub

10. Crypto investment is risky, always invest what you can afford to lose, we are all humans and we can never tell what will happen between a project team in future, anything can happen.

I hope this helps

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 07:31:20 AM

Good complied list though, but I don't agree with IEO because its still risky in crypto investments, better try day trading than investing on an unknown project.If you can buy tokens from top exchanges then it might give you chance to make profits but if you miss the perfect time the token value will be dumped and you need to wait too long to recover from it.
Wingsbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:00:12 AM

Good complied list though, but I don't agree with IEO because its still risky in crypto investments, better try day trading than investing on an unknown project.If you can buy tokens from top exchanges then it might give you chance to make profits but if you miss the perfect time the token value will be dumped and you need to wait too long to recover from it.
Hm you did have a point, IEO can't be trusted but if the IEO is on binance or okex and Kucoin you will definitely make some profits in a short time, those IEO projects only takes minutes before the whole tokens got sold out, there is assurance of 2x upward

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 08:20:15 AM

Many members must have spread this countless time on this forum before, we need to keep doing this because of the new users joining this forum almost everyday, There are some do and don't that newbies need to avoid if they want to buy coins, this are few warnings from me

1. Beware of low marketcap coins, they are more profitable but less reliable, they can die real fast

when we picking up project with low marketcap we must really analize it well. as you said it can die fastly, but if we truely find good project with low market cap we will find next gems that will give us huge profit.

8. The best time to buy bags of coins and tokens is when bear attack the market, do not buy coins and tokens when price is surging or pumping.
dont tempted with cheap price when market crashing. many people said its be best time to fill our bag, but in fact we still have minus floating when buying in unpopular and have less quality.
PerfectCircle

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:24:29 AM

when we picking up project with low marketcap we must really analize it well. as you said it can die fastly, but if we truely find good project with low market cap we will find next gems that will give us huge profit.

dont tempted with cheap price when market crashing. many people said its be best time to fill our bag, but in fact we still have minus floating when buying in unpopular and have less quality.
That's not the way I captured what OP is saying, I think it's still referring to top altcoins that are over priced or too costly, I can't invest in COMP DeFi project presently because the price per token is too high, I can start buying if price dumps big

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 08:33:02 AM

I'm quite familiar with those types of discussions when it comes to different investments in coins. The low market volume wouldn't be reliable enough and would succeed unless you are the developer and you would dump the coins in the market. This is why most of the unknown coins are shitcoins in general and would only benefit the developers.

I hope that people would actually read these types of threads for their own benefit. Some people just invest their money when they see an "easy" profit with these ones. Being able to afford to lose would benefit you in the long term for sure because people are taking "smart" risks as well.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:34:56 AM

I don’t like the first point. There are a lot of good coins with very small capitalization and I buy them very often because there is work on the development of the project. such coins can bring 1000 percent profit

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:38:29 AM

When I was new in crypto I had to learn all of this on my own and had experienced a lot of ups and downs and I think it is all worth it. This is worth reading if you are new to crypto because some people are easily attracted to projects they hear that can give then an "X" amount of profit if they invest. Crypto is not a magic that can provide you such profit without taking a huge amount of risk.
riso2015

Activity: 1246
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:38:53 AM

Hm you did have a point, IEO can't be trusted but if the IEO is on binance or okex and Kucoin you will definitely make some profits in a short time, those IEO projects only takes minutes before the whole tokens got sold out, there is assurance of 2x upward
Trustworthy or not to the IEO also depends on what exchange is taking place, if IEO is held on a bad exchange, then obviously it cannot be trusted because the benefits will also not exist, but it is different from the IEO that takes place at the top exchange such as Binance, Okex and Kucoin, the average IEO there can benefit everyone who follows it.
Agree, joining IEO project you have to be really careful about choosing project, only select IEO projects made on large Exchange, like Binance, Kucoin or Okex, besides that you should stay away from the garbage IEO project. Actually new investors have a lot of information about this, I think they must read information from this forum before starting investing in IEO project.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
aditasetia123

Activity: 464
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:41:38 AM

That's not the way I captured what OP is saying, I think it's still referring to top altcoins that are over priced or too costly, I can't invest in COMP DeFi project presently because the price per token is too high, I can start buying if price dumps big
waiting price correction to get best price was good effort we can do to minimize risk involved. dont trapped in FOMO , if we dont loss our money when buying on peak. many coins that make us miss the train, we impatient when see this. if we want  to minimize the risk we must wait it to corrected.
Eco_111

Merit: 14

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:55:57 AM

I don’t like the first point. There are a lot of good coins with very small capitalization and I buy them very often because there is work on the development of the project. such coins can bring 1000 percent profit
The first point is very clear and understanding, OP said low marketcap coins are more profitable but more risky than top altcoins, for newbies this is the best advice you can pass on. It's left for newbies to make a choice
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:59:24 AM

The first point is very clear and understanding, OP said low marketcap coins are more profitable but more risky than top altcoins, for newbies this is the best advice you can pass on. It's left for newbies to make a choice
Yeah, you're right. Low ranking coins or new altcoins contain a greater risk than other coins. For a newbie, they better avoid investing in those coins for their own safety. First of all, they don't have enough experience to know how to invest in those high-risk projects. Undoubtedly, those projects can generate hundred percent of profits however the risks are great as well! My advice for newbie is investing in top coins and top altcoins only until you have enough confident and experience to go with low ranking coins or new altcoins.

125koolkheart

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 09:10:11 AM

Thank you for this.. It's really helpful. I will be looking forward to more posts by you. I want to ask if you give signals on possible alts to buy and when to sell them.
slackovic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 09:19:19 AM

Yeah, you're right. Low ranking coins or new altcoins contain a greater risk than other coins. For a newbie, they better avoid investing in those coins for their own safety. First of all, they don't have enough experience to know how to invest in those high-risk projects. Undoubtedly, those projects can generate hundred percent of profits however the risks are great as well! My advice for newbie is investing in top coins and top altcoins only until you have enough confident and experience to go with low ranking coins or new altcoins.

Problem with newbies investing in BTC, ETH and other high ranking coins is that they (newbies) expect high gains (10x and more) which is hard to get with those coins. But that's with everything where people can invest their money: the higher the risk, the higher is potential profit/loss. People that invest should always have that on their mind.
Claudio99

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 09:26:08 AM

Thank you for this.. It's really helpful. I will be looking forward to more posts by you. I want to ask if you give signals on possible alts to buy and when to sell them.
Signals are risky, even investment analysts are misleading too, better use cases and good utility should be the main reasons for you to invest in any coins, you are the boss of yourself, do not walk in others shadows, be willing to learn and learn over again then many things that are shady to you about crypto will become more clearing

memed97

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 09:37:15 AM

Hello Mate, predicting signals on Altcoin is not as easy as turning the palm of the hand, because anyone will be very difficult in providing predictions of market conditions, even experienced people can experience losses at a time he never expected, so don't just ask because it also will not help you much, but multiply reading and learning and practice so that you will better understand what you ask here.
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 09:49:33 AM

It's wise to stay away from any market predictions, I started my crypto journey through prediction websites and crypto analysts on social media, it doesn't end well, find ways to deal with crypto yourself, through learning of course, this is the only right path

mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 10:11:46 AM

This would be a really helpful since it also indicates the possible threats that is available to all vulnerable users. Every user needs to read this from time to time to not forget what are efficient steps that we can take before investing on different Alternate Coins. Investing is a big decision that needs to be made since it will be involving your own money and we need to follow safe guidelines so we do not just throw our money away.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Rowenta

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 10:13:38 AM

It’s good for newbie investors, you are really well said that's why like to read that's type of post, I think at this time DeFi project future is good, now investor invest that's type of project also i like Defi project...
Yes DeFi projects are good choice for newbies who have some money to spare, presently I can say that ROI is certainly if you choose good DeFi project to invest on, the HYPe isn't going to die off very soon and it's possible that DeFi will bring new market surge into crypto space this year

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
ife2020

Activity: 579
Merit: 13

Are you kind to your neighbor? Think it through

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 11:13:15 AM

You have stated well and it is very educative; but for me, i think it doesn't matter if a project is popular or not; what matters is if it adds value to the crypto hemisphere, one thing certain is that, as long as a projects offer a realistic and good product, with good hype, chances of success are high. Also, as newbies; the first thing you have to remember that investment is a risk, be it crypto currency investment or outside the blockchain.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 01:40:18 PM

I wish I could drop a merit for this one.
In #9 to add it up, check their repositories if they're actively working on the project.
I've seen some having their first repository in a month then seems like it is going forever to have another repository.
For the utility cases, check their WPs.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 01:46:22 PM

2. Forget website designs and max supply, focus more on real use case (utility) than anything else

3. Make sure teams are really who they claim they are and make sure they have two or more knowledge about crypto

4. I prefer well know coins or project, it doesn't have to be old altcoins, for example Wazirx token, Tezos, Comp, Cartesi, these coins are popular and new but still popular

5. Stay away from projects that are listed on rubbish exchanges, these exchanges are token killers with wash trades and fake volumes, e.g p2pb2b, exmarket, latoken, vindax.

6. For trading lessons or try outs be more friendly with top exchanges, they have better interface, highest volumes and highest liquidity

7. You want to make profits and you don't want to wait too long? I suggest IEO, make sure you follow top exchanges social media groups to stay updated about new IEO, especially binance and kucoin, it's always profitable

9. Check projects github, make sure it's active and well updated from time to time, you can easily spot bad projects through their github, some don't even have GitHub

10. Crypto investment is risky, always invest what you can afford to lose, we are all humans and we can never tell what will happen between a project team in future, anything can happen.

I hope this helps

Yeah, nice one from you.  And I can see some improvement upon the one posted before.  Newbies investors need to be warmed expressly even on a daily basis to invest/trade with extreme caution.  Just an addition. If you have an experienced and trustworthy person in crypto space, you can also move closer to them for some guidance.  It really helped me a lot.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 01:55:20 PM

These tips are helpful for newbies.

We know its not easy to choose a good coin or projects to support that can guarantee us a sure profit.

But with proper knowledge and understanding we can make ourselves aware of what to keep in mind and avoid when investing.

kopisusu

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 02:02:04 PM

very important points, thanks op for sharing very good ideas so everyone especially those who are newbies can read and understand them
bitgoldpanther1978

Activity: 381

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 02:40:01 PM

I hope this helps

Most of your reminders are true and correct, but excuse me for one you've mentioned in the above about in IEO,
because not all project under by this IEO become successful in the end. And this was true I've seen it with my own
both eyes. Then , the rest are correct.
Rafiqul

Activity: 1358

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 03:17:16 PM

This is a really helpful post for crypto investors. Here are some tips on how to invest in crypto and how to overcome them. However, it is very difficult to predict the state of the crypto market, even experienced people often face losses. So read, learn and experience more on this subject without relying on anyone; Hopefully success will come.

aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 03:41:10 PM

These are good laid down points but however irrespective of the fact this is mainly for newbies as you stated I think it is also meant for everyone, because in one way or the other we most times fall into one of the points. Among all the points, I think point 2 is really the main thing; this is because most projects team are good in building catchy websites and creating attractive whitepapers while in reality, they have nothing to offer. Thus, focusing on the utility of any project first, one can be able to know a lot about the project while having the power to engage the team with tactical questions for better understanding.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 03:50:30 PM

Not bad advice but I doubt many people are going to listen, those that will read through your post are the ones that are already doing most of this stuff anyway while the ones that need this the most are on their own world thinking about all the money they are going to earn with their useless coins, I know it is difficult to accept but being honest there is not much we can do for people like them and sooner or later they will lose their money to scammers.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 03:59:49 PM
Merited by Distinctin (2)

I hope this helps
That is pretty bolded enough to know and how to prevent from being a dumb loser in crypto investment. Ignorance will lead us to nowhere but we are truly aware of the real situation in the market, certainly, this will not going to happen to us.

People shouldn't have to be fooled by false promises and out from reality, doubling the money scheme, instant returns, being listed in the huge exchange. These are all promises that people are usually being robbed off. I don't know if this a sort of marketing strategy in order to attract investors but most likely this is a way to scam people with their unrealistic promises.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 04:20:20 PM

Number 2 on the list is very essential element nowadays, before or back in 2017 during the boom period, every coin without utility use to bring in profit because of the market status, but now things have changed, project with utility are the most sorted out by investors because eventually they are the ones that will survive.
jajorforce

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 04:25:25 PM

All of the lists are good new crypto investors and all people who already joined the crypto world. I agree with all of that, and it will be good if you spread out there so many people out there can read and know what they need to do. We can use social media to make them aware of investing in the crypto market, so they don't have to regret in the future.
Yeah, that's right! That's how we can see a good future of cryptocurrency. People are always frustrated about choosing scam projects in the past. I like all points even for old investors but I won't suggest DeFi projects for new investors. Tezos, Harmony and Cartesi are new, good and reputable coins. One side is down means the others side up, that's how we can increase real investors and reject scam projects.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 05:00:53 PM

If I just have to sum it up for one general rule of thumb, its just to tell you not to invest in any altcoin at all but only BTC.

you can never go wrong with investing only in BTC no matter how little this investment you have as long as its BTC, you will profit from it. For altcoins, I guess if you have some time to waste like me who collects altcoins do it with the reality that no matter how legit the project may look, they still can be scam.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
btcholder

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 05:16:15 PM

[snip]

Points are really good. New investors can follow these points. Right now IEO investment is much popular than others so choose good platform is really important. Binance IEO project really good profitable at this moment and many people taking that opportunity very well. It's always a good idea to choose a top exchange for IEO investment and stay away from those projects which give you fake promises and  give too much bonus in their ieo event.

serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253

Cashback 15%

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 05:20:29 PM

Good complied list though, but I don't agree with IEO because its still risky in crypto investments,
He said short term investment that will yield profit and IEO is one of the better options, though investor must make sure that the IEO is held on a reputable big exchange.

Pretty much all the pointers OP stated are worth noting to at least minimize the risk on investing in cryptocurrency, but still I would say considering the max supply will also help us to maximize our profit.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
dainoran

Activity: 664

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 05:21:01 PM

the information you provide is very helpful for new members, and also the information is a reminder for old members to be more careful in investing.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 05:24:55 PM

If I just have to sum it up for one general rule of thumb, its just to tell you not to invest in any altcoin at all but only BTC.

you can never go wrong with investing only in BTC no matter how little this investment you have as long as its BTC, you will profit from it.

what about those who complain that invest on btc too ? i thought you can profit from btc no matter what ? some cant profit on btc but they can profit on other coins , its only a matter of timing and some luck .

its not good to promote btc alone because alts will become useless  if no one will invest on it but alts are useful too and profitable too
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 05:39:13 PM

This is what I talked most here and I think one of the most risky investment. Low marketcap coin can be easily manipulated and hyped by a single people and through creating fake hype, they attract newbie to invest on such project and the initial hype creator just dump their bag and rip the newbie off with a valueless shitcoin. Newbies must follow some basic rules to avoid getting their investment rip off.
Anyway, I think these are some good piece of advices for newbies.
ethereumhunter

Activity: 2884
Merit: 541

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 11:16:07 AM

All of the lists are good new crypto investors and all people who already joined the crypto world. I agree with all of that, and it will be good if you spread out there so many people out there can read and know what they need to do. We can use social media to make them aware of investing in the crypto market, so they don't have to regret in the future.
Yeah, that's right! That's how we can see a good future of cryptocurrency. People are always frustrated about choosing scam projects in the past. I like all points even for old investors but I won't suggest DeFi projects for new investors. Tezos, Harmony and Cartesi are new, good and reputable coins. One side is down means the others side up, that's how we can increase real investors and reject scam projects.

Tezos will be enough to invest for the investor, both old and new, so they don't have to search for another project. But don't forget to select bitcoin as your main investment because bitcoin will give you a chance to make a big profit. And you can also make a profit in bitcoin from the altcoin or from the coin you choose. And remember that you must analyze before you invest because the situations are not easy to select the other coin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 11:51:29 AM

This is what I talked most here and I think one of the most risky investment. Low marketcap coin can be easily manipulated and hyped by a single people and through creating fake hype, they attract newbie to invest on such project and the initial hype creator just dump their bag and rip the newbie off with a valueless shitcoin. Newbies must follow some basic rules to avoid getting their investment rip off.
Anyway, I think these are some good piece of advices for newbies.

Most times, shit exchanges list te low marketcap coins and that is where newbies fall into their traps. This is more reason top exchanges are highly recommendable for newbies. At first, those low marketcap coins would look like they are going to be profitable, bt by the time they are done and about to exit, the volume reduces drastically and not only that, the price falls at a very low base. Selling becomes more difficult than buying.
tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 11:55:41 AM

very nice this thread is made can help new investors if want to invest in new crypto projects maybe a little extra from me, more certainly looking for projects that are able to do IEO in large markets such as binance Usually it will give a big profit if the trade is started

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Taufik blackspade team

Activity: 431

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 11:58:55 AM

very nice this thread is made can help new investors if want to invest in new crypto projects maybe a little extra from me, more certainly looking for projects that are able to do IEO in large markets such as binance Usually it will give a big profit if the trade is started
You are right. IEO in large exchanges is promising for a new investor. not without risk, but it will be safer. Most importantly new investors must look and analyze how the crypto trading market works.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2020, 12:10:30 PM

You are right. IEO in large exchanges is promising for a new investor. not without risk, but it will be safer. Most importantly new investors must look and analyze how the crypto trading market works.
a large exchange place may not be able to provide the best IEO because at this time many large exchange locations depend on trading volume, I prefer to participate in a place of exchange that has high confidence so that there is a guarantee from the place of exchange.

btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 12:22:18 PM

another stupid shitposter ,if you did bought those cheap coin then why not put the names here?
and  besides %1000 ?don't fool yourself because this is once in a million chances .
Binance is good exchange and i love what this are doing now.

but lets Keep this thread up because Investors are safer if this will comes to their knowledge .

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 12:29:43 PM

Those points will be useful for many people even this is not for newbie but there still many people who fall to the scammer trap just because they ignore many thing like your points.

Crypto currency is not something new anymore, there are a lot of information already who will provide a good information at least to help someone to avoid lose the investor money.

This about how about investor awareness, if they are aware they will find many source first to make their money safe or even they get profit in it. There are a lot of investor who lose a lot of money but you must know also there is many investor who gain a lot of money when they invested money into crypto currency.
slackovic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 12:34:09 PM

you can never go wrong with investing only in BTC no matter how little this investment you have as long as its BTC, you will profit from it. For altcoins, I guess if you have some time to waste like me who collects altcoins do it with the reality that no matter how legit the project may look, they still can be scam.

This is ridiculous. Every trader will first give you an advice to diversify your portfolio. If you are investing in crypto and buy only BTC, there is no diversification.

I'm not saying that investing in Bitcoin is bad, but you shouldn't put all your money in "one basket". There are several altcoins that hold their value pretty good. For example, LINK is still a good investment because without project like Chainlink, two separate blockchains can't communicate. And if crypto is to become mainstream, blockchains have to communicate between themselves and with outside world.
Squezzi55

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 12:42:12 PM

Good information, newbies are safer with IEO projects from binance exchange and other top exchanges, if you are the type who is in a hurry to make quick money IEO is the best solution, though IEO launchpads don't take place every time but you can stay up to date following top exchanges social channels

10BTCaDay

Activity: 770

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 12:51:59 PM

Good information, newbies are safer with IEO projects from binance exchange and other top exchanges, if you are the type who is in a hurry to make quick money IEO is the best solution, though IEO launchpads don't take place every time but you can stay up to date following top exchanges social channels
I'm sure that there is no any newbie who has ever taken part in IEO on Binance. for this, you need to have a very good experience and knowledge and be very lucky

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 12:55:21 PM

Its really very short time frame to invest so if we miss it out then its gone forever because its hard to make profits if we buy the same tokens on exchanges even after the dump happened so better to invest on the recovering tokens than waiting for the perfect project.
Silberman
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 06:39:26 PM

Number 2 on the list is very essential element nowadays, before or back in 2017 during the boom period, every coin without utility use to bring in profit because of the market status, but now things have changed, project with utility are the most sorted out by investors because eventually they are the ones that will survive.
The utility of a coin has always been really important it is just that back in the day when the faith in icos was at its maximum they had a hidden utility, they were great vehicles of speculation, it was not rare back in those days to listen stories of people becoming rich every day with an investment they made in an ico no one ever heard about, this fuelled the bubble of 2017, but after the crash we have suffered and the fortune lost by the majority that use case for icos is gone and only the ones that have a solid group of developers and a good use case have any chance to become long lasting projects.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 07:03:07 PM

It pretty much covers all the points that must be noted by a newbie investor. Although, I wouldn’t recommend investing in an ICO or IEO either, to the person who has just entered the market without the basic knowledge or anything. Because, only with experience a crypto adopter will be able to identify the real potential coins and tokens and without experiences, people will easily get deceived with fancy promotions.

Moreover, I would like to add few more points to the list that are:
1. Read, research, carry out background check and get familiar with the working of the project and its past movements in the market before you decide to invest your capital in it.

2. Never follow the hype created in the market about something and pour your money by placing any kind of reliance upon it.

3. Always listen to experts of this community. Not just one or two high rank people but you just follow bunch of people before finalizing an investment decision.
Ifemini

Activity: 690

There are consequences for every action

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2020, 07:11:33 PM

I want to add an addition to the wonderful piece that OP has dropped for us all. I say, know what you want from the market.. Why do i say this? as a trader or investor, you need to understand what your perspective are towards certain token you are interested in, is it short term or long term gains ? Or you wanna hodl indefinitely ? This are options you need to answer before investment.
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2020, 07:40:31 PM

I would like to add to the list.

Cut your loses soon and don't be greedy. While you can enjoy price pumps, you really don't lock in profits unless you sell so it's good to aim to recover your initial investment and then let the rest fluctuate. If an investment or trading position didn't turn out as expected, make sure to cut your loses sooner before you end up holding a bag of worthless coins relative to the value you initially invested. This at least are lessons hard learned from my own experience anyways.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2020, 11:26:35 PM

Those were really good stuff and well compiled list for the reminders most specially for the new crypto investors. Despite of the fact that there are already some threads related on this, there is a point the we need to always make up a reminder like this so that new members in this forum can be able to see those reminders for them to be mindful of what they have decided to engage with is a serious matter since investment will be in need to engage money so it is really important for them to be well informed about everything they must always remember.

To sum up the thought of the list and this thread, it is really very important that you know what you have got into so basically you must know everything first starting from the basics so that you can be equip with needed knowledge you must know about doing investment in this industry so that you will not be mislead and you can gradually enjoy your investment journey with cryptocurrency. Learning before engaging is a must thing to do because without prior knowledge, you will be lost on this industry and might suffer to various failure. Better learn the basics needed and then when you are done, get to engage already.
Silberman
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 07:11:24 PM

How I wish investors can learn from your post. Many are still losing their money because they lack these basic knowledge. These are things that we must look out for before putting our hard earn money into a project.
Unfortunately those that need it the most are never going to read it as they are not interested in learning, they are only interested in getting profits, and they think of investing in the same way we think of the lottery, they think that if they pick the right ico at the right time and they keep holding their coins then they are going to be able to sell their coins for a good price, some of them get lucky but for the most part the rest lose their money as they invested in scams or in projects with terrible developers that do not know a thing and eventually leave the project behind to create a new one.
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 07:30:59 PM

Very useful tips for any crypto investor! Avoiding shit exchange, low cap coins are the best decision! If you want to invest your money in crypto, then choose the better exchanges for IEO investment or currency that listed on good exchange!  You are right that we shouldn't fall into the trap by seeing a good design website and whitepaper!

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit