Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:14:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty or Airdrop kill project?  (Read 2325 times)
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 06:34:29 AM

I dont know what you think guys but i think airdrop and bounty kill the project let say after the project finish the ico all the bounty and airdrop hnter sell their coin/token , this make te price go low.Since all of bounty and airdrp hunter did not care about the project.
Nope they don't kill the project actually it is the other way around they help the project to gain attention.
But the problem is the project, If the project isn't serious about it then what's the point of all the promotion?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gayong88

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 06:42:20 AM

I dont know what you think guys but i think airdrop and bounty kill the project let say after the project finish the ico all the bounty and airdrop hnter sell their coin/token , this make te price go low.Since all of bounty and airdrp hunter did not care about the project.

Related to low prices or not depends on the project management of the owner and market conditions. The owner must also find a way to attract the interests of his customers with a variety of patterns, the more people who want to have their coins, the better the value of a coin means there is demand and sales.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 06:42:43 AM

The project team are responsible if any thing happened to their project, some team dump tokens and put blame on bounty hunters while some gave high discounts to early investors and investors do the dumping, it's hard to see bounty allocations that worth 100k, the me how that will kill a project

Apostlekin$$$

Merit: 17

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 06:44:14 AM

The highest bounty allocations now are around 20,000$ to 50,000$, if the project have good demand then the token won't lose value but if the token isn't impressive enough there will be dump, bounty hunters aren't the team who put together the whole idea

Erumo

Activity: 552
Merit: 42

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 06:51:16 AM

Count airdrops and bounty as a promotion. Each promotion program is an expense for any company. To be able to surpass expenses, company should make planning more wise. I.e. do not distribute hunters reward straight after listing. Do price protection program and not just watch price go down. Distribute hunters rewards in batches to decrease price drop. If the project is afraid of price drop by bounty hunter - do not run an airdrop or bounty, think of other kind of promotion.

And there is no proof that bounty hunters or airdrop participants drop altcoins price. How huge is bounty pull usually ? 3-5% from total token supply? With such amount is it even possible to drop the price? Dont be silly.

You mess with the meow meow
You get the peow peow
Romeotom

Activity: 814
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 06:57:26 AM

A project never dies by bounty hunters because at least lots of hunter store bounty token till price long rising. Even there want good support a project bad timing, so a project death/alive depends their roadmap development activity.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 07:02:05 AM

Count airdrops and bounty as a promotion. Each promotion program is an expense for any company. To be able to surpass expenses, company should make planning more wise. I.e. do not distribute hunters reward straight after listing. Do price protection program and not just watch price go down. Distribute hunters rewards in batches to decrease price drop. If the project is afraid of price drop by bounty hunter - do not run an airdrop or bounty, think of other kind of promotion.

And there is no proof that bounty hunters or airdrop participants drop altcoins price. How huge is bounty pull usually ? 3-5% from total token supply? With such amount is it even possible to drop the price? Dont be silly.

I don't think bounty nor airdrop can kill a good project. As you said, the percentage allotted to these programs is very small as compared to the their total supply. Maybe you can see the immediate effect upon bounty distribution, but should go up once the dumping is over. Because it is normal to see that dip during that distribution but if the project has solid foundation, this bounty dumping should not really have the significant impact on their trading performance in the long run.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 07:08:10 AM

this does depend . majority of the airdrops and bounties have a coin that does not listed yet  . how can you say that airdrop hunters and bounty hunters sell thier coin , where would they sell that coin ?  if the other scenario happen like when the coin already listed  . it depends on the situation too , theyl prolly sell when the value of the coin is way too much upon they got it but if not then why the fck they would sell  .  some users joined more than the reward but they also care about the project and wont do anything bad for thier supported project
Erumo

Activity: 552
Merit: 42

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 07:13:39 AM

I don't think bounty nor airdrop can kill a good project. As you said, the percentage allotted to these programs is very small as compared to the their total supply. Maybe you can see the immediate effect upon bounty distribution, but should go up once the dumping is over. Because it is normal to see that dip during that distribution but if the project has solid foundation, this bounty dumping should not really have the significant impact on their trading performance in the long run.

"What is dead can not die". If the project is a crap and only pisses in investors ears how cool they are, than it is no surprise that with bounty allocation of 1% or 0.001% from total supply, kills the project straight after distribution.

I just dont understand why everyone blames hunters, when early investors are the one to blame for dump. They have the biggest amount of alts "in hands". They always have this "30-50% buy bonus", so if they are just for the money, than they are the first to dump.

Simple math:

Early investors are the first who received altcoins. Invest 100$, receive 130$ in tokens. At the listing day (sometimes this happens before hunters even get their rewards), sell everything as quick as possible. Usually on the listing the price is same or higher that on early sale:

• Spend 100$
  • Sell for 100$ plus get +/-30$ as an early investor
  • Profit +/- 30$ for doing nothing.
  • Price goes down as everyone tries to sell their early bonus as fast as possible.

And only then hunters enter trades with their miserable crumbs of tokens. So is to blame now ?

You mess with the meow meow
You get the peow peow
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 07:17:19 AM

It's team fault if project loses value and become worthless, it's not because bounty hunters dump their shares, it's because the project utility isn't good enough and some times team uses huge discounts to attract investors, once price are too good the investors will start dumping.

_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 07:18:04 AM

Bounty / Airdrop is a pretty good marketing technique so far, but if someone says Airdrop / Bounty kills the project. It is a bad project and is not in demand in the market, so the price of the token is easy to break when the bounty / airdrop is distributed. But see if the project is good the price will certainly not be affected, because the allocation of bounties is usually not much.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 07:23:13 AM

The highest bounty allocations now are around 20,000$ to 50,000$, if the project have good demand then the token won't lose value but if the token isn't impressive enough there will be dump, bounty hunters aren't the team who put together the whole idea

Make sense it's the team idea to out the percentage and the value not the bounty hunters it's more like the project giving the offer and the bounty hunters taking the offer based on what the project is offering so bounty hunters are not the one to blame for dumping.
Inkdull

Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 07:40:48 AM

Bounties and Airdrop are effective market technique for new projects and that's why new projects launch bounty Campaigns, the payment is on team, they can either pay in stablecoin or Bitcoin to avoid dump or pay in token, that's team call but I d not buy the idea that bounty hunters are responsible for projects death. Presently we have many new projects that shouldn't exists in the first place, they introduce quack use cases that no body want to buy

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 08:03:51 AM

Let's say you were only taking the crap coin as an example to take your conclusion but in another way you didn't even take what happened with the big coin like cartesi maybe. it has proven it's not all coins weredead caused by the bounty distribution and it has only a small chance to happen.
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 08:08:22 AM

With bounties or without bounties a crap project will never do better in the market, it's why i advice bounty hunters to always look very well before joining any project, if the use case isn't good enough there will definitely be problems like fund issues and less investors

peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 08:18:16 AM

In my opinion, bounty distribution can't kill the project yes it can cause the price to dump a lot but not kill it because most projects offer just a couple of % (max) as a reward which is not enough to kill the project entirely. and if the project is good then the dump won't matter because sooner or later the price will start retracing.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
reza7777

Activity: 1414
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2020, 08:21:49 AM

So do you think the death of the project was caused by the bounty hunter Huh It sounds so funny and it seems like you have to read a lot and see what really happens.
start looking at projects that have been dumped before distribution to bounty hunters

▄█▄▄    ▄█▄
     ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀██▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄██▀    ██▄   ▀▀██▄
██      ██       ██      ██
▀██▄▄   ▀██   ▄▄███   ▄▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄    ▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
     ▀▀██▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀█▀     ▀█▀
N O D Y
nody.ai

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄███████████████▀▀███▀▀█▄
██████████████▀▄██▄▄    █
█████▀            ▀██▄▄██
█▀                    ▀██
█      ▄█▄    ▄█▄       █
█▄     ▀█▀    ▀█▀     ▄██
██                    ███
███    ▀▄      ▄▀    ████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████
██████▄▄        ▄▄███████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀

riso2015

Activity: 1246
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 08:24:35 AM

Didn't you read about all token allocations they listed? Try to see the number of tokens provided for the Bounty / Airdrop program, They only give little or about 3-4% from total amount of tokens, And I think if all Bounty / Airdrop tokens are sold by Bounty hunter, then that won't affect the market price. So this is not because the Bounty hunter caused their project to die.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 08:30:39 AM

It's absolute nonsense to think that bounties and Airdrops can kill a project, good projects like Tachyon protocol, tokoin, Cartesi have proven that bounty hunters aren't responsible for death of projects, it's your choice but many projects still pays bounty hunters and they add more value in short time

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
qory

Activity: 1722
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 08:31:46 AM

Not yet, is bad opinion because you give wrong information with your world where bounty and airdrop project could kill some project, how ever almost bounty campaign project just allocated about 2% from all coin supply distributed for bounty or airdrop participants, just use your mind how come little supply coin could make and kill some project, I think when coin listing on market and have lower price is fault by project team because they sell all their coin supply.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████