Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:31:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty or Airdrop kill project?  (Read 2325 times)
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 12:15:14 PM

You really sure it was because of the airdropper and bounty hunter? As far as I know many project runs and they got the investment of the people and also the project became failed if they didn't meet their roadmap many investors would sell their coin/token so don't blame the bounty hunter and airdropper you didn't know what you are talking about.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 12:40:39 PM

I dont know what you think guys but i think airdrop and bounty kill the project let say after the project finish the ico all the bounty and airdrop hnter sell their coin/token , this make te price go low.Since all of bounty and airdrp hunter did not care about the project.

the fact bounty hunters help to spread the word about the project mate
and remember token allocations for bounty or airdrop usually less than 1% from the total supply my friend
i think thats will not affected the price massively

kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 12:50:05 PM

I dont know what you think guys but i think airdrop and bounty kill the project let say after the project finish the ico all the bounty and airdrop hnter sell their coin/token , this make te price go low.Since all of bounty and airdrp hunter did not care about the project.

the fact bounty hunters help to spread the word about the project mate
and remember token allocations for bounty or airdrop usually less than 1% from the total supply my friend
i think thats will not affected the price massively
the truth is,these company was just looking for something to blame because of their failed project or because of their scamming target.
Sad that Bounty Hunters are always the victim of scamming but in the end they are the one whos responsible about the failure of project when listed in exchange.
stop this mentality because we are now in 2020 and scammers are not in hide now.they are exposed in all manners now.

Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 12:57:29 PM

I think bounty and airdrops kill projects, yes. Because everyone sells their reward immediately and price dump really fast

That is what you think. THis is a total wrong notion about bounty hunters. Let's be realistic:
What are bounty hunters paid thisthese that would make them dump the price of the coin/token they are paid?
The fact is that bounty pools these days are not just worth it, except for very few projects. Even projects that provide good amount of reward to bounty hunters do not dump.
Most times, you see coins/tokens dump even when hunters have not been paid.
Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 12:58:56 PM

Bounty hunters help ther projects by promoting it mostly on social medias.
That promotion could be the lead to any potential investor.
There are projects who went up even after the hunters and airdroppers dump their tokens. It is still depend on the team and the project itself if investors see this with great potential in the future.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 01:05:00 PM

Well.. i disagree, in my opinion if the project price going low it's not the Airdrop and Bounty hunter fault, if the price going low that is because low liquidity in the market, especially if they made IEO in small exchange.
Yes that's true. Prices collapsed many times because they did not have too much liquidity. Like the Dogdata project, the price dropped 200 times after the end of IEO and it was a complete scam project in this market.
So many people (included OP) didn't understand about that and it seems like he was only seeing if any dump caused by the hunters. He must realize the reality of the main factor that can prevent the dump should be the liquidity.
The main rule in crypto is no liquidity and then dead.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 01:09:48 PM

You can count investors as well as I believe they tend to dump as well when the project finishes, thus getting their return after.
I don't think it is all up to bounty hunters, while we can still think that they're gonna sell as well after the project but it is not just them obviously.
Imagine how small percentage of the whole token/coin allocation are bounties compared to the whole tokens made.
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 01:12:53 PM

I think this is an erroneous opinion, the bountists did their job, advertised the product and by the way if the project is good, the bountists try to keep some of the tokens for themselves. But who really kills the project is the team that has a huge number of tokens and they sell without stopping, and at the same time they blame everyone around them but not themselves.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 01:18:41 PM

That's a wrong perception, it's tantamount to saying, advertising kill a project.

In reality, it's really the team who are at fault, first they don't launch the project at the right timing, and maybe 2nd  is they give promise too much to the investors like the short term return which would only make it more unrealistic.

Regardless of how good the project now, I think they could still struggle as the investment interest has gone down due to the pandemic, and before the pandemic, the market was still not stable, so that's really a hindrance for the success of altcoins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 01:27:55 PM

Bounty is part of marketing for the project to gain exposure to social media outlets and to get noticed by potential investors so bounty hunters has all the reasons to sell or hold their earnings.

I don’t see rewards sell off’s is the primary factor why projects go down, if the project has real value it will likely to recover every dump. Good example is Oikos, despite the hunters recent sell off the price is still considerably good.
Lordhermes

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2020, 01:39:31 PM

I can't say both bounty and airdrop hunters kills crytpo projects, there are many factors that destroyed a project one way or the other, but the blame is always on aridropers and bounty hunters for dumping projects, that's not actually true. Mistakes had been form the projects failure to list on a high volatility/liquidity exchange for easy buy and sell on exchanges. So it's the project faults for running away with big sum of btc and pay smaller amount to low volume exchange for listings. Sieh
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 01:54:50 PM

I think bounty/airdrop is the driving force behind the project If you want to keep everyone informed about the project and get investors involved. Suppose all hunters shut down their services, then how can your project reach the door of all investors!. Remember that many investors live inside hunters so don't neglect them and they are never responsible for the death of a project.
andycarrol

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 02:05:03 PM

No, the important thing is due to the project and its development in the early stages. I still see that projects exist and develop very well after paying tokens for bounty pools, such as Cartesi, Harmony, Oikos, ... if the project is seriously developed, even if bounty hunters sell off tokens, they will still exist and develop normally. don't blame us all, we bring the community to the project and they should be grateful and respectful.
indeed the program you mentioned has a very strong development and has very clear project goals but at present there are still many projects that are still immature and not very useful and launch a bounty campaign program and assume that when using the bounty campaign the fundraising method can be smooth and many people will participate but in reality it is not that easy. so that when many bounty campaigns fail, the developers are not ready for the project.
bluebit25

Activity: 1638
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2020, 02:09:35 PM

Bounty is part of marketing for the project to gain exposure to social media outlets and to get noticed by potential investors so bounty hunters has all the reasons to sell or hold their earnings.

I don’t see rewards sell off’s is the primary factor why projects go down, if the project has real value it will likely to recover every dump. Good example is Oikos, despite the hunters recent sell off the price is still considerably good.
Yes, because they are listed at large exchanges and have plenty of liquidity. Sometimes their liquidity went up above $ 5 million per day, and now it has decreased a bit but still ensures prices do not collapse.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 02:11:16 PM

If it does, then why are project dev still engaging bounty hunters? I'm not disputing your point but to me, the problem arise when dev give huge amount of money for bounty. They do this just to attract many bounty hunters, knowing very well they may decide to change the rule of the bounty after the sales. Dev see bounty campaign as a medium to promote their project without spending penny before they realize their objective.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 02:21:39 PM

That's not true buddy.  Bounty campaigns are ways of promoting the new or existing crypto projects.  Many might not have heard of a particular project let alone investing without bounty campaigns.  Likewise airdrops is another way of promotion.  The caution is just that, bounty and airdrop pools should not be too much compared to the total supply, especially airdrop to avoid immediate dumping after listing.  It will be difficult to totally remove bounties from crypto projects, because that's the lifeline of promotion.  There are other ways projects teams can employ to checkmate things that kill their projects.
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 02:28:24 PM

Yes, because they are listed at large exchanges and have plenty of liquidity. Sometimes their liquidity went up above $ 5 million per day, and now it has decreased a bit but still ensures prices do not collapse.
when they are listed on a large exchange, I guess it will be safe. although bounty hunters or airdrop hunters sell the results they get together. the fault lies in the small market. small requests and make them easy to collapse.

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 02:44:51 PM

If the project is top and has incredible technologies and capabilities and the token of this project is trading on the top exchanges, then there will be nothing serious with the price of this token if all bounty hunters and airdrop users will start selling their tokens at the same time, because such top projects always have a plan for such moments.
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 03:00:42 PM

If the project is top and has incredible technologies and capabilities and the token of this project is trading on the top exchanges, then there will be nothing serious with the price of this token if all bounty hunters and airdrop users will start selling their tokens at the same time, because such top projects always have a plan for such moments.

you're right good project always has their own way how to avoid price being dump after the airdrop distribute, for example is origin protocol airdrop, before they are listing on exchange they have made airdrop every month for their user and the price till now still good and pump from, they know that airdropper is very weak hand and put buy order at low price then pump it when strong holder is still keep their token. they have distribute over million OGN to user.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 03:16:31 PM

How many percentage % of total allocation do bounty hunters receive from bounty? Generally 1%-2.5% of the total allocation is for the bounty hunters. Is it really worth to dump the market? It has chance to dump 5-10% but basically investors dump the market as they hold huge amount of shares and bonus from IEO, ICO and this extra shares they sell randomly. This is one of the main reason to drop the price. Team performance and the project's potentiality is the main vital factor whether the price will up or down. So don't blame only bounty hunters. Bounty hunters' have huge role to promote the project. Without promotion by bounty hunters, maximum project will not pass in the token sale.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: