Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:24:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty or Airdrop kill project?  (Read 2325 times)
Eco_111

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 09:00:16 AM

Very hard to believe that Airdrops and Bounties can kill a project, this will only make sense if 20% of the token max supply is given to bounty hunters which isn't even possible, nowadays only 1% of token max supply are given to bounty hunters, sometimes you will even see bounties with 0.01% supply of the whole project max supply

Moozicore is a nice example. The amount of their bounty allocated tokens was greater than they sold during 3 or 4 rounds of IEO. When the tokens got listed and bounty hunters were allowed to withdraw tokens from dashboard, they immediately crashed the price.

But I cant say that the project was killed because of bounty. The team that developed tokenomics killed the project.
That's another project that was hyped by McAfee isn't it? Well I blame the team, among all the four exchanges they choose for IEO there is no single top exchange among the exchanges, it's possible that some must have warned the team about small exchanges, some team are too full of themselves

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2020, 09:25:37 AM

It can only be an assumption , there is no solid proofs to back this up.  You can go and do your research of all dead projects or underperforming project if it's Airdrop or bounty that made them died. A little percentage of the total supply is giving to bounty and Airdrop and it's just for marketing and not a giveaway. 
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2020, 09:36:36 AM

I dont know what you think guys but i think airdrop and bounty kill the project let say after the project finish the ico all the bounty and airdrop hnter sell their coin/token , this make te price go low.Since all of bounty and airdrp hunter did not care about the project.
many people blame the reason for the price of coins / tokens to fall because of bounties or airdrop and about people selling fast or long ago it is the right of people who have got coins / tokens. we are still monitoring the progress of the projects that we follow even though the coins we get are already sold. then don't make that's as an excuse that bounties or airdrop will kill the project.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 09:57:08 AM

dump after distribution bounty is an investor game because with that they can make bounty hunter as a scapegoat, because at that time investors began to buy back. so it's not entirely a hunter's fault

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 10:29:56 AM

I dont know what you think guys but i think airdrop and bounty kill the project let say after the project finish the ico all the bounty and airdrop hnter sell their coin/token , this make te price go low.Since all of bounty and airdrp hunter did not care about the project.

I honestly don’t agree about airdrop and bounty programs “killing” the projects. However, too much giveaway in the form of their own tokens rather than in BTC, ETH, etc., is what “killed” them for good. I see that there are some projects who are having continuous token giveaways to the community, which made the price dump for good.

Although it’s good for promotional purposes, but they need to make some limitations and pre-qualify participants based on their influence and target market. Imagine if a Facebook social media participant keeps posting tasks on his timeline without any reactions and comments. That’s not giving value at all. Just my opinion.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 10:33:05 AM

what needs to know is that almost all projects always need a bounty to run the project, unless the project has a strong team and initial capital.
so it would be inappropriate for Bounty Hunter to be blamed for the destruction of a project, but, I don't think the project itself can do much in the crypto market.
azisjz4

Activity: 521
Merit: 100

https://okglobalcoinsg.com/

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2020, 11:38:38 AM

Not all projects fail because of the bounty hunter, because the bounty bonus presentation is only a small part of the total number of tokens. I think the dev should be able to understand this problem, because there are certainly most bounty hunters who want to sell rewards when the tokens are on the market, and one of the steps is to lock the tokens to the bounty hunter and there are still many steps that can be done

shushu9977

Activity: 1121

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 11:49:42 AM

Airdrop and bounty hunters are worked and they will get payment, so they can cell their own tokens or coins. If you see the few establish coin, they are not given us any bounty or airdrop. So, you think, it is actually for marketing process or management.       

┏━━━━━━━━JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP ━━━━━━━━━┓
▓▓▓▓▓▓ T o o  l K i t z A I - Break the Barrier ▓▓▓▓▓▓
┗━━━━━━━━━━━ T R Y  D E M O ━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Balladtony77

Activity: 378
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 11:51:02 AM

Bounty hunters are paid for their work, team only pay what they can afford and that's not bounty hunters fault, whatever happened to a project isn't bounty hunters fault, it's the team fault for creating a project they can't handle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 11:52:47 AM

Not all projects fail because of the bounty hunter, because the bounty bonus presentation is only a small part of the total number of tokens. I think the dev should be able to understand this problem, because there are certainly most bounty hunters who want to sell rewards when the tokens are on the market, and one of the steps is to lock the tokens to the bounty hunter and there are still many steps that can be done

I agree with you, also why others always blame the bounty hunters the fact is when you look into the projects the percentage of bounty hunters to receive the reward is just small. Let's accept the facts it helps it to promote and a part of a successful project. Even they sell their token it's not the only bounty hunters at fault some investors sell the token.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 12:18:34 PM

I think its a nonsense accusation how can you say that when the bounty allocation is just a small portion of the total supply, and also the bounty payment was held many months before being distributed to the participants, and sometimes bounty hunters have not even paid for many months of promotion, for example, the project like DigitalBits they proud by not paying its early promoters, thats why don't be too harsh and blame bounty hunter they are only working to promote any project without any guarantee to be paid.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 12:26:08 PM

No, I'd disagree. Bounties and airdrops should be quite a small share of the overall distribution. Bounty/airdrop sellers can only crash the price if no-one else is trading, which suggests that the coin has a more fundamental problem. I think a bigger contributor is some of the big bonuses on offer to early buyers. These are essentially free coins, and can dwarf the amount paid as bounty or airdrop.

But bigger than both of these is the question of hardcap in the initial offering. If a realistic hardcap is set, this should mean that all tokens are sold... which means there are more buyers than there are coins available, which should lead to buy pressure when the coin starts trading, which should more than offset any initial sell pressure from bounty/airdrop/bonus holders.

Conversely, if no hardcap is set, or if pre-sale bonus is too high... then the opposite happens, there is a surplus of coins, there are more coins than buyers, anyone who wants the coin has it already... causing sell pressure and triggering price drops once the coin is tradable.

Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 12:27:41 PM

I've seen too many wrong accusations from few projects so I'm not surprised that some will accuse bounty hunters for killing their project, someone have to be blame and that's not the team themselves, anyways crap projects will continue to be a crap project

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 12:32:13 PM

No, I'd disagree. Bounties and airdrops should be quite a small share of the overall distribution. Bounty/airdrop sellers can only crash the price if no-one else is trading, which suggests that the coin has a more fundamental problem. I think a bigger contributor is some of the big bonuses on offer to early buyers. These are essentially free coins, and can dwarf the amount paid as bounty or airdrop.

Bounty is actually small, some projects will give 1% of the total supply for bounty, but the problem is when there is no liquidity, that 1% will dump the market as basically bounty hunters are not investors, they work to earn so they will dump the moment they receive the reward.

It's expected, and I know the team knows that, but they just disregard it, they allow the project to have a bad start as it dump, and then later they will just leave the project, it looks like a basic style of scammers.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 01:09:45 PM

This is the most widely spread idea, but is totally wrong. Cpuld you tell me how 1% of the total token supply could cause the disaster? It is the team, that is responsible for the drop caused by no progress.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 01:15:19 PM

This is the most widely spread idea, but is totally wrong. Cpuld you tell me how 1% of the total token supply could cause the disaster? It is the team, that is responsible for the drop caused by no progress.
that makes sense. somehow they always blame the bounty hunter. In fact, even though it can cause prices to fall, there should be a wall of each transaction data at a certain price set by the team. Well, it's just that, because when bounties and airdrops are distributed, prices are always going down, the two participants are always blamed when prices fall.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 01:20:04 PM

Bounty is actually small, some projects will give 1% of the total supply for bounty, but the problem is when there is no liquidity, that 1% will dump the market

Agree that lack of liquidity is a problem, but perhaps this is a consequence rather than a cause. Can't this be solved by the team setting a hardcap to sales somewhat below the anticipated level of demand? This would create buy pressure and work to raise the token price. If a project hits hardcap, then demand exceeds supply. There will be more people buying than there are bounty hunters selling.

It depends on how the team approaches the sale, and is why the absence of a hard cap - or a hard cap set extremely high - should be considered a warning sign.

MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 01:20:48 PM

I've seen too many wrong accusations from few projects so I'm not surprised that some will accuse bounty hunters for killing their project, someone have to be blame and that's not the team themselves, anyways crap projects will continue to be a crap project

AHAHAH yes, only crap project will blame bounty & airdrop hunter for their failed project and token price is dump, actually there  is always solution for solid project to avoid getting dumped by airdropper, solid project really appreceite airdropper and bounty hunter then buy the coin back from airdropper who has weak hand to hold thier token.
dont know why crap project doing airdrop campaign but at the end blamming them for destroy their project, SMH.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Tomohisa

Activity: 360

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 01:30:48 PM

What about investors? Did they kill the project too by selling their share when they don't like it anymore? What about the team? Did they kill the project too by selling their share when they need to raise funds? Bounty and airdrop only a fraction of the total market cap of a project. If a project fails because just a fraction of these sold then that's a shit project.
totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 01:37:55 PM

There is only few % of total supply of tokens being giving away from airdrops and bounty and how come it would be able to affect the price once the airdropers and bounty hunters sell of the tokens they are holding? There are many aspects why the price is go down, don't blame it all in hunters and airdrops.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: