Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:50:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty or Airdrop kill project?  (Read 2325 times)
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 04:26:37 PM

Bounties can only kill a project that has less than 100k volumes per day, it's why I keep advising others to look at new projects use case very well before promoting them, some are way off and there is no way they will perform better when they get listed on exchanges, be very picky, this is the only way to evade bad projects

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
copoyes

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2020, 05:08:16 PM

bounty or airdrop will not cancel the project unless the project does not want to pay airdrop hunters or bounty hunters, and the price cannot fall too deep.
there are times when investors wait for bounty hunters who sell tokens in which they take profits
and the allocation for airdrop and bounty is a little of the total project supply amount, less than 10% of the total supply, at most 1.5% max
and for the dump price issue it returns to the project
can the team and dev give good news, good mvp handle which makes the price go up
The bounty and airdrop go to the marketing department so you can't be mistaken for a price dump
istiak2277

Activity: 728
Merit: 19

KUWA.ai

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 05:21:39 PM

I dont know what you think guys but i think airdrop and bounty kill the project let say after the project finish the ico all the bounty and airdrop hnter sell their coin/token , this make te price go low.Since all of bounty and airdrp hunter did not care about the project.

I think everyone should stop blaming hunters for the project price dump. A crypto project that has a million dollars market cap is not easy to dump the price and it requires a lot of tokens. Actually, whale sometimes dumps the price right before bounty distribution to buy hunters token cheap and some people say hunters dump the price always!.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    CHECK OUT KUWA    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 05:55:43 PM

I dont know what you think guys but i think airdrop and bounty kill the project let say after the project finish the ico all the bounty and airdrop hnter sell their coin/token , this make te price go low.Since all of bounty and airdrp hunter did not care about the project.

Airdrops and Bounties have both of these capabilities that might cause people to not fully support projects since some users only wants their token so that they will instantly sell it thus not using the platform in which these Alternate Cryptocurrencies are usable. That might also depend on which token you are campaigning for since some tokens have only Airdrops but their token value is considerably high. These possibilities depends on how people will continue to support them since some platforms are still usable and that is why even though they are having Airdrops, their platform is still continuing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 06:43:59 PM

How can free marketing hurt a project that has nothing? Bounty is a way for such projects without investing to create an advertising campaign and fulfill a marketing plan.
Of course, there are bounties of different quality, but I don't think that such a thing can harm the project in any way, rather the opposite.
The more noise around the project, the higher its chances of raising funds.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 07:14:09 PM

How can free marketing hurt a project that has nothing? Bounty is a way for such projects without investing to create an advertising campaign and fulfill a marketing plan.
Of course, there are bounties of different quality, but I don't think that such a thing can harm the project in any way, rather the opposite.

It's been use as part of marketing and allocations of fund are already budgeted, true developers know and already anticipate what
the bounty hunters might do after receiving their coin rewards. It's not going to hurt the entire project even all those coins will be sold
if the team have real intentions to their project, they can buy it back and let the hunters being paid by their works.
Marina5

Activity: 439
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 07:15:44 PM

We can't blam bounty or airdrop for killing a project. Which project is legit, it won't finish for anything like that. Bounty and airdrop help to increase the number of investors also.

══════════════☛MEGATRON☚═════════════
THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 07:31:59 PM

Therefore, developers should protect themselves against this. They should not spend too much tokens on promotion. They can determine that the distribution of tokens will be after a few months - when the project is already developed and becomes attractive and safe for investors. Or, for example, they may offer a monthly or three-month percentage bonus to anyone who decides to keep tokens rather than sell them right away. They can also distribute in small batches in for example monthly intervals.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2020, 08:23:10 PM

Neither bounty hunters or airdroppers kill any project, so I disagree with you on this one, just so you know most times bounty and airdrop allocations are about 1% of the total token suppl, so I doubt that they are the main reason why projects don't succeed after listing on exchanges, if a project doesn't have what it takes to compete in the market it will definitely die, so it's not the bounty hunters or airdroppers fault.

mianvicky1

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 08:34:06 PM

I think your thoughts are not good. Dumping or pumping of tokens is based on project management and experience team. Airdrops and bounties are given for the sake of publicity specially bounties. If someone promot the project and get reward then he has right to cashout his reward.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 10:12:43 PM

Therefore, developers should protect themselves against this. They should not spend too much tokens on promotion. They can determine that the distribution of tokens will be after a few months - when the project is already developed and becomes attractive and safe for investors. Or, for example, they may offer a monthly or three-month percentage bonus to anyone who decides to keep tokens rather than sell them right away. They can also distribute in small batches in for example monthly intervals.
They are not actually spending too much coins in bounty promotion. There's only a small percentage allotted like 1-2%. I don't think that it will really affect or even kill the project. The one who kills the project is the team itself, they are mostly the one who sell their holdings to make more money, they will just take the blame to bounty hunters to escape the madness of their investors.
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 11:30:36 PM

Not all bounty hunters and airdrop hunters are dumpers, some are investors, buyers and holders too. If they think the project has the potential to succeed they choose to hold their coin, buy more token/coin , or even they joined also on ICO while doing bounty or participating on airdrop at the same time to acquire more token/coin. Some projects do  bounty campaign and airdrops not only for the purpose of helping them to promote their products but also seeking investors, buyers and project believers(bounty hunters and airdroppers).

tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 11:37:25 PM

I dont know what you think guys but i think airdrop and bounty kill the project let say after the project finish the ico all the bounty and airdrop hnter sell their coin/token , this make te price go low.
I am not agree with you. I believe bounty and airdrop hunter is not responsible for price dumping. The whales, team or exchange itself is responsible for price dumping. We often see bounty tokens being dumped on or before the day the token is distributed. The price is being dumped before the bounty hunters sell their tokens. So how do bounty and airdrop hunters dump prices?
we can see the token distribution in some projects. for bounties, there is only 1% - 10% of total token to distribute. and the rest go to the team and ICO/IEO sale. so yeah, i think bounties won't hurt the price so much. but maybe the team itself dump their token after the token sale ended.

Lrshohag

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 02:13:19 AM

This is a very old allegation and does not matter. You know even if everyone accept that bounty hunters dump all their coins as soon as they receive them. Keep in mind that bounty hunters promoted the project everyday and helped them to raise the funds so this is there hard earned rewards and they are free to do so.
Secondly if team is concerned about this thing they can pay rewards in equivalent usdt, btc or eth  this way bounty hunters will not have any tokens to dump infact they will be happy to directly receive liquid assets.
Thirdly if there is no option for team to pay in usdt then they should pay in tokens and on exchanges put a big buy order so that even if bounty hunters dump the price do not completely crash.
So you see there are many solutions and team have the options to avoid this situation so each stake holder has to be responsible and do not just state same old story everytime.
You are right brother.
If the project team want to stable  the token price their is many way. But team didnot pay attention in this.as a result they kill their project like suicide. Also hunter did not get profit accordingly.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 04:36:05 AM

the most important thing is, if bounties and airdrops kill a project, then since a long time ago, there shouldn't be a program like this anymore. but in fact, bounties and airdrops are still the favorite programs to advertise a project. In addition, the percentage of tokens distributed for bounties and airdrops is sometimes below 8% of the total allocation of tokens. So, only weak and bottomless projects fell just because the token distribution was below 8%.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████