Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:59:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who said that ICOs are dead?  (Read 1421 times)
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 04:44:33 PM

ICO is not completely dead but it is very difficult to identify whether ICO is real or fake, to avoid that, everyone prefers to join IEO in the top exchange
There are a few ICOs that are real, but it's too difficult to participate in them. It seems that they have received enough money from private sale and their partners. IEO will still be a much better and safer option for investors like us
but for now many ICO from the Defi project are successful without having to do an IEO in a big exchange,
is this really the effect of hype? sounds weird but if we look at it like a dream, ICO is not dead now
The reason for their success is Defi, so in the future I believe there will be many new projects under the name of Defi, and you need to be very careful when participating in them. Certainly there will be a lot of scammer and investors will lose money when investing in it

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1440

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 11:18:24 PM

Not paying too much attention to ICOs, they can be successful in this market but in the long term they will surely collapse. Investing in ICOs is too risky at the moment, it is best to only invest in IEO at the top exchanges in this market.
yes, investors now prefer to invest in large IEO markets such as binance, okex and kucoin because in that market always choose the right project for investors, I myself prefer IEO over ico, because ico now, I see that nothing is successful, and often once a fund manipulation takes place on their website
That's true! I don't see any benefits from ICO projects since there were too many scam projects. Importantly, I don't believe in ICO projects anymore. I prefer investing in IEO projects than ICO ones, IEO is safer somehow I think. Many people say that ICO projects aren't dead yet, though, I have no interest in those projects anymore!

IEOs are safer only from the fund collecting stage because the risk of developers running with your investment is taken by the exchange. However, it does not protect you from failure of the project or from the risk of the project and the exchange from scamming you.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Inkdull

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 07:27:42 AM

The reason why investors abandoned ICO is not because of bad ICO projects but scammers exiting scam with investors money, yes good ICO projects are still around and they can raise funds easily but investor don't have interest

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Retainly_Collie

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

Second Live

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 07:29:35 AM

The reason why investors abandoned ICO is not because of bad ICO projects but scammers exiting scam with investors money, yes good ICO projects are still around and they can raise funds easily but investor don't have interest
Investors just don't care about scam ICOs, if any ICOs are really good and have products then I believe that investors will still participate and invest in it. This year I have seen quite a lot of successful ICOs raising funds with huge budgets

Wingsbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 07:39:35 AM

Even if ICO projects can still money successfully they will be limited because investors don't trust ICO projects anymore, don't use project like AVALANCHE to compare, whatever AVA team choose to use will still become successful because the project is rare

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 08:01:15 AM

There is some ICO many people are trusting it because they are legit or they have partners who is legit too so it is very helpful to tem to gain more investors but actually there is a lot of ICO who is not better to invest anymore. We don't need to invest to the ICO if we don' t want those people who investing to the ICO are taking a lot of risk.
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 08:13:24 AM

Embarrassed but only Avalanche ICO become successful, is there any other successful ICO projects like Avalanche? A single ICO become successful and you are all saying ICO is back, you aren't seeing right I guess

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2020, 08:24:19 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2020, 09:22:05 AM by benthach

@bitmover. Also, the news article mentioned that some of the investment came from Ethereum's genesis address. Is that where the premine is? Does this imply that this project has Vitalik and the Ethereum Foundation's approval?

This project might become the real Eth2.0 hehehe.

it's basically hype and fake promises, everyone can do that even little 4 years old kid, promises. now you will see those whale/s who bought into it going to pump this project like crazy even if it offer and have nothing, just like cardano, pokadot or other scam projects which started this way... just whales and fake promise then it start from there... it's all about the fake pump that excel a coin to the top
you can look crypto as a whole there is nothing much to offer but scams and promises... and most are worth billions! basically, invest wisely and try to think

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
LazerPanther

Activity: 334

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 08:54:18 AM

Not paying too much attention to ICOs, they can be successful in this market but in the long term they will surely collapse. Investing in ICOs is too risky at the moment, it is best to only invest in IEO at the top exchanges in this market.
yes, investors now prefer to invest in large IEO markets such as binance, okex and kucoin because in that market always choose the right project for investors, I myself prefer IEO over ico, because ico now, I see that nothing is successful, and often once a fund manipulation takes place on their website
That's true! I don't see any benefits from ICO projects since there were too many scam projects. Importantly, I don't believe in ICO projects anymore. I prefer investing in IEO projects than ICO ones, IEO is safer somehow I think. Many people say that ICO projects aren't dead yet, though, I have no interest in those projects anymore!

IEOs are safer only from the fund collecting stage because the risk of developers running with your investment is taken by the exchange. However, it does not protect you from failure of the project or from the risk of the project and the exchange from scamming you.
You right, I have seen many IEO projects collapsed after a period of operation. Take a look at the IEO of Okex exchange, after operating for a few months, the price has dropped many times and there is no liquidity.
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1440

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 01:58:15 AM

@bitmover. Also, the news article mentioned that some of the investment came from Ethereum's genesis address. Is that where the premine is? Does this imply that this project has Vitalik and the Ethereum Foundation's approval?

This project might become the real Eth2.0 hehehe.

it's basically hype and fake promises, everyone can do that even little 4 years old kid, promises. now you will see those whale/s who bought into it going to pump this project like crazy even if it offer and have nothing, just like cardano, pokadot or other scam projects which started this way... just whales and fake promise then it start from there... it's all about the fake pump that excel a coin to the top
you can look crypto as a whole there is nothing much to offer but scams and promises... and most are worth billions! basically, invest wisely and try to think

Agreed. Many of the ICOs and the IEOs are hype and fake promises where some founders and developers are tricked by themselves in believing in their own hype hehehe.

However, I was only speculating if Ava was given Vitalik's proof of approval to be the next top 5 project in Coinmarketcap.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 07:02:39 AM

not dead but rarely used, because according to some IEO projects more profitable than ICO, until then all IEO will become garbage because all projects can be listed on the exchange without seeing whether or not the quality of the project, and ICO will take over again.
At the moment, only scam projects use ICOs to raise funds, I've seen a lot of shady projects like these in the past few months. And fortunately, investors are much smarter and more careful than before, they only care about IEO projects at large exchanges.
Yeah most of the projects that are coming up now are suspicious and even if they are legit then I don't see much interest from investors because of the pandemic situation everyone is saving their money and if even anyone wants to invest they would rather purchase bitcoins instead of trusting a new coin that has no guarantee of how it would go.

The ICO market has become to shitty now that anyone can start their own ICO by copying someone else's whitepaper and boasting a fake team and just raise some money and run away.

I think there should be some blue tick system like twitter started where we can verify if the guy promising so much is actually verified Wink.
SyndicateLabs

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 07:04:23 AM

Embarrassed but only Avalanche ICO become successful, is there any other successful ICO projects like Avalanche? A single ICO become successful and you are all saying ICO is back, you aren't seeing right I guess
There are plenty of successful ICOs this year too, but i think you don't mind it. And after the ICO, the projects gradually disappeared and became a scam in this market, it caused many investors to be disappointed and no longer trust the ICO.
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 07:10:22 AM

Lol, a ICO project turn successful and everyone is shouting ICO is back, if you take your time with what Avax project is all about you will understand it's real capability, this project is capable to achieve it's goal with any crowdfunding, either ICO or IEO

SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 10:16:25 AM

It’s good to see this kind of campaign success in their ICO launched. They deliver the project successfully and promoting. There are too many supporters of this project. There are still want to support the ICO even me I want to back to them so that new legitimate project will start again to emerge. The quality and the possible outcome on what they expected to see makes project will be success. Hello

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Retainly_Collie

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

Second Live

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 10:22:35 AM

Of the 100 ICOs this year, only 1-2 ICOs were successful because they have a good foundation and the team has many famous people. So don't think that ICOs are reviving, ICOs are dead and no new projects can succeed with it except under special circumstances.

nicedreams

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 09:46:10 PM

Just one ICO project succeed and you make it like the whole ICO isn't in the zombie-state since the hard crash of 2018. Honestly, I have nothing again ICO since I never stupid enough for falling its trick back in the day but ICO has long gone past its time.
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2020, 10:20:09 PM

i would not say ICO are entirely dead, some few once  as still seeing the light of the day and making a huge some from ICO . But the fact remains that with the experience with scammers over the years,  people are skeptical about investing in any ICO now except the trust the developer.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
Police Indo

Activity: 649
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2020, 10:55:08 PM

Lol, a ICO project turn successful and everyone is shouting ICO is back, if you take your time with what Avax project is all about you will understand it's real capability, this project is capable to achieve it's goal with any crowdfunding, either ICO or IEO
If it is only because of one successful ICO project, then saying that the ICO has returned is very wrong, because the benchmark of success of the ICO is not only on a single project, but on all projects, so it would be very funny if only one ICO project was successful and then there was a shout if the ICO has returned, LOL
Although one ICO, but in my opinion could be the reason that ICO is not always bad. so the OP said, with questions and examples of evidence were given. basically I am not interested in ICO, but it is unfortunate if it turns out the project is good and I am not even joining.

CashbackLover

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 06:49:36 AM

Yes ICO is dead, one project isn't enough to confuse me in this matter, investors are still not trusting ICO projects, avalanche is just a different project that's of high quality and they plan to use ICO to raise fund, I expect nothing but success from the project of course

Dariusburst

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 08:36:07 AM

ICO is not dead but not investors favourite anymore because of scammers have left bad histories with too many scam ICO projects, now investors trust IEO projects more than any other crowdfunding projects
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: