Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:34:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who said that ICOs are dead?  (Read 1421 times)
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 12:54:29 AM

Everything will be active, but the transition makes people to discuss and participate on the most recent ones than the one that served to be the base. Upon this one can have a clear picture of ICO still alive in the market.
Thats true, I think people now are more interested to the current hype rather than the old ways to accumulate profit specially if it has a bad history of scamming investors.

ICO is not dead, there are still projects conducting it but its not as popular the way it was before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 03:01:59 AM

Everything will be active, but the transition makes people to discuss and participate on the most recent ones than the one that served to be the base. Upon this one can have a clear picture of ICO still alive in the market.
Thats true, I think people now are more interested to the current hype rather than the old ways to accumulate profit specially if it has a bad history of scamming investors.

ICO is not dead, there are still projects conducting it but its not as popular the way it was before.

Indeed, ICO is not dead yet, there are still many projects that have launched ICOs to date in Ann sub, but we all know that the main element for ICO to run well from the sales stage to the final stage requires investors to inject money, then a project also requires a good Exchange to increase the transaction volume of native coins and the last is project execution.

And the current condition is that the stock exchange and investors are still on the side of the prevailing trend, namely DeFi and yield Farming
StyleForceOne

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 03:09:08 AM

This public ICO has raised $42 million in under 4.5 hours. This might imply that the another cryptocoin bull market is beginning, I reckon. The pumps are returning hehehe.
I highly doubt we'll witness times when ICO will extinct completely, because it is still a useful form of starting up a new project in crypto market. Whether its a decent project or a scam one.
Till this day I don't understand what determines really good ICO and why some of them gain that much of attention and funding, but others are not.
Anyway, facts are concrete - ICOs are not dead, not even close to it.

O W N R   W A L L E T      ❱      Create EOS accounts and manage EOS in an HD wallet      ❰      BTC, EOS & other coins
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱      Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay      ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER          App Store  ]          FULL EOS SUPPORT          [ Google Play ]          REDDIT   YOUTUBE
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2020, 09:02:40 AM

sometimes that pupils work on decision as appealing with uses of customs of ideal science on measuring presence with the field of business. that more on extensive manage of modification the work might attach of blockchain technology to improve of dynamics as requesting of number with limit to complete with the expectation as entering field of moderation.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 09:24:25 AM

ICOs are dead whether you like it or not, ICO fund raising are only available for those who are sure of their projects, projects that very good can use any old or new fund raising ways and they will still raise incredible amount of money, it's not about the fund raising way either old or new, it's about the quality of the project that's wants to raise fund.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2020, 11:54:27 AM

~snip
$ 42 million dollars, really successful ICO!! 

it looks like this is the most successful ICO in 2020, I think ICOs are still very promising as long as the project has a team and a concept that is really real and not just to scam.

Gayong88

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 12:04:38 PM

My opinion. It all depends on the products offered by Avalanche itself. I believe the Avalanche Blockchain project has something interesting and potential for investors and will have a big fit back for investors who join it.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 12:48:00 PM

ICOs are dead whether you like it or not, ICO fund raising are only available for those who are sure of their projects, projects that very good can use any old or new fund raising ways and they will still raise incredible amount of money, it's not about the fund raising way either old or new, it's about the quality of the project that's wants to raise fund.
Are you really watching the crowdfund lately? There are fewer IEOs than we used to see but many coins are getting listed. Some fund are from private sale but more public sales are coming even with hardcap at over $20million. Investors are careful than in previous year and it is still early to say how the sentiment will be in coming months. What will matter is the success rate of most projects on getting listed?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 01:04:53 PM

I never bumped with this project but upon checking on the website of Avalance I can say that this project has huge potential.

And as per the question ICO's are dead, it is not. It's just that ICO's are lie low these days. It is because of the ICO's that turned out into scam project. Overall ICO's are still alive with some good projects.
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 01:08:26 PM

ICO isn't dead and isn't alive at the same time, it's right in between to be honest, there is lack of trust from investors because of what happened to many ICO projects after 2017, everyone keeps saying ICO is not dead well after the successful fund raising of Avalanche project can you name another project that used ICO to raise fund and become successful like Avalanche? I guess not, one high quality project used ICO and raise big money doesn't clear the damages that ICO project bring to investors portfolio in 2018
Renampun

Activity: 2282
Merit: 362

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2020, 09:33:42 PM

I predict the ICO will not die...
Although 70% of ICOs that have emerged in recent years have ended  being scams, the remaining 30% have give huge profits. ICOs will continue to exist in line with crypto market interest which is increasingly growing. but choosing a good ICO is not easy, it needs good luck and deeply research.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1218
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 09:46:35 PM

ICO isn't dead and isn't alive at the same time, it's right in between to be honest, there is lack of trust from investors because of what happened to many ICO projects after 2017, everyone keeps saying ICO is not dead well after the successful fund raising of Avalanche project can you name another project that used ICO to raise fund and become successful like Avalanche? I guess not, one high quality project used ICO and raise big money doesn't clear the damages that ICO project bring to investors portfolio in 2018
If it is not alive then it is already considered as dead,

As you have said, the trust of the investors are gone already for every ICOs. There's no one who continue to invest in any other ico because we all know that all of it become a scam project. Also, there is no such thing as in between of being alive and dead, there's only those two point of view whether it is dead or alive, and we all know that it is dead already.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1440

View Profile
October 21, 2020, 03:48:25 AM

I did not say ICO projects are not dead. I was trying to create an argument that the ICO as a fundraiser for projects in the cryptospace is not dead.

Kik's ICO is an example on why it will never die. It collected $100 million, paid the SEC a settlement of $5 million, no one went to prison and they kept $95 million hehehe.

Less than a month after a critical court decision in their ongoing legal fight, software firm Kik and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission have agreed to a proposed settlement that would involve a $5 million penalty.

The two sides had until Tuesday to submit their proposal, as previously reported. According to newly published court documents, the $5 million penalty forms part of a proposed agreement in the case over Kik's $100 million initial coin offering, or ICO.

Source https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/81741/5-million-penalty-proposed-between-sec-and-kik-to-end-ico-lawsuit

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
October 21, 2020, 05:21:50 AM

Crowdfunding is the top of a huge mountain. If we speak directly, not metaphorically, the team has lots of work to do before we could say this ico is a success.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 21, 2020, 05:56:26 AM

Some three years ago projects used to raise millions in a coule hours and then scam)) so it doesn't mean anything for me. Some trustworthy projects could raise little during the crowdfunding and then go to the moon.

onetrinity

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2020, 06:00:06 AM

It seems the legal guys just want to join in and earn some as well. They will receive penalty fees or anti-lawsuit works in order for an ICO to be successful and legal at the same time. It's a good thing though as scammers will think twice before conducting an ICO because they now have to disclose their identity in order to get away with the money.
retalids

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 05:07:27 PM

i don't think ico is dead; hype for ico project is dead)) and it's ok, defi as for me is more relevant concept. and more profitable
Drahzar

Activity: 345

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 06:47:54 PM

i don't think ico is dead; hype for ico project is dead)) and it's ok, defi as for me is more relevant concept. and more profitable
agree with you - i  also prefer to choose defi projects for investing  and now researching xsigma stablecoin dex - looks credible and backed by a public company
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 08:03:30 PM

I am really expecting surprises with this talk around ICOs, It is a very difficult prediction of is comeback but we have had some ICO this year and I can say they were all with good valuation. Another factors that affect the ICOs this year is the bad world economy and pandemic. Some really made good money from Defi, bitcoin etc but new small investors could not participate in crowdfund like in previous. We had more huge successful private sale than public sale this year

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
retalids

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 04:15:20 AM

agree with you - i  also prefer to choose defi projects for investing  and now researching xsigma stablecoin dex - looks credible and backed by a public company
i heard about xsigma - it's very interesting and backed by a public company, i'm researching them
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: